The DM PC has been resolving a grapple action for the last 45 minutes

>the DM PC has been resolving a grapple action for the last 45 minutes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ch5ZCGi0PQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So Veeky Forums, what's the best way to quickly resolve a grapple?

See which one gets higher strength roll.

>DM PC
There's your problem.

Now I'm getting a lecture on how much better 3.5 is than what we're playing

>doesn't get up and leave to spend his fleeting seconds doing anything else
you deserve to suffer

It's not really that hard
>unarmed touch attack (that means no armor bonus)
>opposing strength checks (winner decides to continue or break the grapple)
>you can't use anything bigger than a dagger while in a grapple

lol no I'll rekt you with my BJJ, you're tapping out so hard even your mom will hear

Tell them to get a room?

Grappling is easy, resolved like every other attack.
>Roll to hit
>Target rolls to defend
>If they fail, they have -4 DX and can't move
>Roll QCs for takedowns, chokes, strangles, and breaking free, roll RC for pin
Takes all of two seconds, just like everything else.

triangle choke!

in 5e its:
>Grappler rolls athletics check which is 1d20+prof(if applicable)+str mod
>Defender rolls Athletics or Acrobatics which is 1d20+prof(if applicable)+str/dex mod

>Only the DMPC can success at anything
>We're just valets seing how everything is destroyed and ruining by way over our pay grade enemies till the DMPC appears
You know, I didn't sign to play a Onepunch Man game in where I'm just a civilian. Also fuck the perception of magic some people have, magic shouldn't be way better than everything

Your rogue sucks if they having back stabbed in the last 45 minutes.

>Being a monk specialized in martial arts makes you actually worse at grappling/shoving/tripping enemies due how athletics is tied to Str and monks can't afford to have decent Str
Damn

>DM
Found your problem famalan

Good my DMPCs are crap and only are there to heal the players and die hilariously

Relevant.

Darths and Droids is so good. I can already see how they are setting up to tell a better story with The Force Awakens than The Force Awakens.

>Monks being shit in D&D
Hold the fucking presses!

Then they aren't DMPCs. Good man/woman/attack helicopter.

>not just flipping a coin or outright making up the results when the rules get complicated

Wrong, you get more attempts at it because of Flurry and Martial Arts and you also get Stunning Strike to give them disadvantage on their grapple checks
The only better grapplers are well built Barbarian/Rogues

They aren't sure if they're doing TFA yet. They're setting up for R1 right now but haven't announced if they are doing the new trilogy or not.

That's pretty arbitrary though. A straight up coinflip invalidates investment in certain stats. It's the same as roleplaying CHA checks/diplomacy without actually rolling for it: you invalidate the cha stat and investment in certain skills.

That image has a disturbing lack of snorting, "and so forth" and ideology.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ch5ZCGi0PQ

Stunned doesn't give you disadvantage on STR or DEX ability checks?

>being good at martial arts doesn't mean I can easily wrestle someone stronger than me

Well shit.

you know a fundamental part of any style of martial arts is grappling, right?

Most of the things you want to do with a grapple (holding an enemy in place, repositioning them) monks can do with their Ki abilities easily. Fluff stunning a guy as temporary trips and holds and judo throw them 15 feet around.

Wrong. It depends on the martial art. Some emphasize grapples. Some emphasize strikes.

But now that MMA is all the rage, yes grapples are a fundamental thing. But it can easily be fluffed that D&D monks are mostly taught in martial arts that emphasize strikes.

Your fault for playing Pathfinder.