Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How spunky are your characters? What's the spunkiest character you've ever played? Have you ever made a spunky fighty girl?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo-monk-archetypes/black-asp-monk-archetype/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How does that hair ornament thing work? The longer I look at it, the less sense it makes...

I don't play characters with too much spunk. You just wind up with a lot of kids.

So lasers do fire damage right?

Would something like the gravity pistols do force damage? Also, is crushing damage a new damage type in Starfinder?

They aren't generally that spunky. The spunkiest I ever played doesn't really rate highly on the Spunk-O-Meter because, even though she was an exuberant girl that fought for her friends, she was generally too calm and collected to be truly spunky, and when she lost her cool, it was due to rage or hatred, which isn't spunky either.

So not very spunky, unfortunately. I should try to play a spunky fighty girl soon to expand my horizons!

Nobody knows anything other than that Paizo is making it and it'll be disappointing. All signs point to guns being crossbows refluffed.

>all signs

"All signs" being literally just a single level 1 statblock

Given that "Energy AC" is a specific thing, there might be a bunch of different energy types to correspond to bludgeoning/piercing/slashing. Or, maybe it'll reuse energy types from Pathfinder, and there will be fire/cold/electricity/acid lasers.

>crushing
Probably just bludgeoning+piercing.

So, is her head just smooth skin where normally the ears would be?
Also, is that crown of thorns glued to her forehead? I doesn't actually wrap around her head...

So, what do you think about Crystal developing the Taldor AP?

I can only imagine the myriad affects you can achieve with different types of energy weapons.

Is that actually happening?

Taldor AP?

You'd better believe it. Next AP after Ruins of Azlant will be the Taldan crisis one.

I wanna spunk a cute brown fighty girl!

>Frasier ruining what could've been the greatest AP so far

Given who's writing it, I believe you mean the "Glorious Qadiran Conquest" one.

Will Crystal retcon away Taldor's misogyny?

Nah, she'll probably just have the PCs railroaded into "seeing the light" and defecting to Qadira long about book 2.

Is there any way to make a level 1 character with low Con work?

Play with a GM who you know will never kill off PCs. Play a character who never goes on adventures. Have a backup character ready to go at a moment's notice.

tl;dr No.

Bloodforge feat for Cha to hp

>fire/cold/electricity/acid lasers.
We Borderlands: TPS now?

Guns ARE crossbows refluffed, evn in real life.

What's the name of that feat?

Altered Life, and it's one of the Heritage feats.

>DAA STILL HASN'T EDITED THE CHARACTER RULES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh. Is there a way to be an aberration, fey or ooze-type or anything like that?

aaaaaaaaaa

Someone review the DAA apps please there's only like 10 of them

Avowed is an easy one, you can count as the same type as your Patron Fey and take the feat if you're a Court Fey Avowed. It's easy to rack up lots of CHA synergy with Fey Avowed.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa goodmorning

Good morning! Have any interesting PF plans for today?

Citation needed on counting as the same type

Only dragon lets you do that

Nooope

Wist, let me RP an orgy scene with all your pfg characters at once!

aaaaaaa i'm not wist

Which game would be most receptive to a gay gnoll?

Let's make an interesting plan, then! What's your Discord?

Flower Court, no question.

Where are the reviewanons please write reviews for my entertainment

Great! Where do I apply?

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court

It's already been retconned, the Bearded lore and Sarenrae hate has been removed when Jimmy Jacobs talked to Jessica Price.

Too many people apply to games with dainty virgins, not enough go with flagrant sluts.

This kind of makes me sad.

why would anyone want a public reviewanon when the great and powerful protag will do it in private and be useful

I swear, reviewanons are mostly useless, the only one I've seen that was ever any good was the one doing the ROaB reviews and thats because they focused on characters driving factors, suitability to the campaign style, and creativity in parts, not anything else.

Do one for DAA then
Also they're fun.

Wasn't there a whole game about sluts?

I have zero interest in DAA, as I think that games mostly a disaster.

Not even IKiD

Not sure if you're fishing for an Overlewd joke, a PLD joke, or just a RotJR joke.

Dragons joke possibly

Give me the seed of a decent app that's a flagrant slut for every game currently open, and I'll apply with at least one of them, maybe more!

Probably? I'm talking about sluts in a game that doesn't revolve around being a slut.

IKiD is a great player, but there needs to be more effort on other people going with lascivious whores.

>they forgot about Blingmaker

See, there are a whole bunch of sluts. Slutanon is just confused.

>idiots filling up Flower Court with sluts
Get the fuck out

>IKiD is a great player

Says who?

A homosexugnoll isn't necessarily a slut.

Which game do you want to apply to the most? I've got ideas, but I need to FOCUS.

Flower Court is the easiest, as Hooker with a Heart of Gold or a back-alley gutter slut taking a crash course in nobility is sweet and arc-y.

how long have you been holding onto this joke, be honest

Look at it this way; an abundance of apps will generate buzz, but slut apps are sure to lose, so it's a way to increase the potential of getting a few gems without creating a huge kerfuffle because there are too many good ones.

Everything from the LOGS suggests they can really turn a phrase or write vivid, descriptive scenes.

Flower Court, Fangwood, and DAA

The best part is a slut in Flower Court will still technically be in the game. They're technically still available for side-stuff.

It's been the unfinished business that's kept me from crossing over into the afterlife. It's really hard to find an opening for it in your average seance.

Shit apps will never be good, though. Unless they're shit enough to be comic relief.
Assuming anyone cares to involve themselves with them.

>LOGS
Every Dog has his Day

So what is the latest buzz on Ensoulment?
What party would you like to see out of the current apps? Is there any character you specifically don't want in the party?

Flower Court is the aforementioned concepts you quoted.

Fangwood is either the local tavern slut who has an alter ego (vigilante) as the defender of the village's vulnerable men and women, make her a worshiper of Lymnieris and it's on the money - or hell, she could be even be a Chosen One Paladin of Lymnieris with a cute familiar. Second idea is a camp follower who became a man's bed-warmer to learn more about alchemy and triage, and although her man turned out to be a cheating asshole her lust for concoctions (and alchemy) remained, supplying the guys with medicine and girls with Night Tea.

DAA is PM THEM.

Wait...so you're saying all these thirsty Anons just have to apply to the game, and they get a free ticket to ERP with the players?
The likely-to-be Celeb-tier players? Up to and including DHB?
Keep your eyes on suspicious slut apps, /pfg/. That's where you'll find Harem user, I have no doubt.

A well-written whore will not only get in, they'll get to ERP with PCs or NPCs and it will be 100% canon.

>DAA is PM THEM

That's not...That's not a concept, user.

I want Kino and Kino's martial brother!

Glue.

So it's just a crazy, jackpot, high volume game for maximizing ERP with as many targets as possible?

That tears it, Harem user is in that game somewhere, if not running it personally...

Broodie's app is like on its what, 5th or 6th rewrite now?

Concepts are worthless without a partner you want to play it with.

DAA could be anything from a Paladin slut who fell madly in love with an evil being's wiles, or a Succubus, or maybe a thicc Vampire? I apologize for being ambiguous because DAA doesn't give a lot of room for being specific.

>Fangwood is either the local tavern slut who has an alter ego (vigilante) as the defender of the village's vulnerable men and women, make her a worshiper of Lymnieris and it's on the money - or hell, she could be even be a Chosen One Paladin of Lymnieris with a cute familiar. Second idea is a camp follower who became a man's bed-warmer to learn more about alchemy and triage, and although her man turned out to be a cheating asshole her lust for concoctions (and alchemy) remained, supplying the guys with medicine and girls with Night Tea.

I may steal these if Slutappanon doesn't use them. They're pretty nice! I just need to find art...

Giancarlo, WIST, Cornelia, Kino, Jericho.

I posted Witch and I want to get in

>or maybe a thicc Vampire

Elaborate.

Newbie here, I lack the masochism or autism to go through every single goddamn feat, spell and guide to find this, so I'll ask this shit here.

1) Is there any sort of spell or rune or something, which can basically be used as a C4 charge? As in, you place it somewhere, run away and can then detonate it.

2) If yes, can you stick said charge into a tiny construct, like a rat. Or, better yet, a flying one. Like a flying rat.

3) If you take a character who's immune to poison and pour a bucket of poison over them, would they do poison damage when they grapple? If no, does it work with just the fists? Cause, technically those count as a weapon if you've got a monk.

4) Is there some sort of guide or manual on making constructs? Cause the d20 stuff isn't being too helpful, it just mentions stuff like how hard a golem can hit. Doesn't mention if I can put a backpack on it or not and have it carry all my shit, cause my character's a wimp, but has to carry an assload of crafting equipment and materials.

1. Explosive Runes. If someone reads them, they explode for 6d6 force damage- which nobody can resist.

2. You can place explosive runes on a book or something people read. Attach a scroll to El Rato. Or a Harpy, those are just flying rats, right?

3. Probably.

4. Can't help you there, sorry.

Poison generally doesn't come in buckets, and pouring one over anyone is a big waste of money and resources since it would mostly just run off you like water. In short, it's a bad idea.

Preexisting constructs usually have crafting rules, and can be made with Craft Construct as usual. Homebrewed contructs would have to be designed between you and the GM. You can most likely put a backpack or saddlebags on anything strong enough that isn't incorporeal.

Also, if you just want somewhere to stick your materials, Handy Haversack/Bags of Holding and/or carry weight increasers like Muleback Cords/Heavyload Belt would do the trick on a weakling.

Thicc vampire countess who has enthralled a husky Paladin into her service as a blood cow and guardian, Crimson Countess Harbinger and/or Beguiler is a must, possibly summoner too.

Paladin would Fall within three sessions, so maybe suggest he's an Ordained Defender or Zealot instead.

Define "read". Is it enough to look at them or do they have to actually read the whole thing? Basically, would the NPC go

"What's that sound? Oh, a rat. And it has something on it's ba-BOOM!"
or
"What's that sound? Oh, a rat. And it has something on it's back. Looks like a rune. I wonder what it says...........BOOM!"

I'm building my monk around intimidation. The bucket of poison is more for fear factor than anything. You know, just fucking pulls out a keg, bashes the top open with his fist, pours it over himself and goes "COME AT ME 'YE WEE SHITS!"

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo-monk-archetypes/black-asp-monk-archetype/

>so maybe suggest he's an Ordained Defender
>suggesting the bane of unique charop that is OD/ZS

This is horrid advice.

>If you take a character who's immune to poison and pour a bucket of poison over them, would they do poison damage when they grapple? If no, does it work with just the fists? Cause, technically those count as a weapon if you've got a monk.
Not in most cases and no. There's four types of poison: Ingested, Inhaled, Injury, and Contact. Out of all of those, only contact would work if you apply it to a creature's skin, and not every poison is contact.

As for the second, you'd need to take Adder Strike for that.

For the first two questions, play an Alchemist with the Syringe Stirge discovery.

Hello /pfg/

Quick question: is it possible, through a feat or otherwise, to change your active element as a move action instead of as a standard action?

They have to be able to actually read it, but writing the letter 'A' on it is theoretically enough. You can also use this neat trick - at level 5 you and your familiar gain a special language just for yourself. Your familiar is automatically literate in this language due to how literacy is worded for languages you know (everyone except Barbarians). Write the rune beforehand on something like a small rock, toss the rock and have your familiar read the rock from your shoulder, instant grenade.

Elemental Flux style lets you change it once a round for free

The idea is they look at the rato, open the scroll, read one bit of it and then blow up. Just looking at the closed scroll isn't enough.

Zealot, than, Discordant Crusader!

Neat, but not quite what I'm going for, cause it doesn't fit with his character. Short version of the story
>Used to be a town guard with his wife
>Together for decades
>Finally retire
>Decide to go to a less shit mountainholme
>Sell everything and head off
>Get attacked by bandits
>Wife is kill, dorf is nearly dead
>Crawls his ass to a nearby monastary, where they patch him up
>No money, no home, no wife, no reason to live, FUCKING PISSED
>Becomes a monk to try and deal with loss and find inner peace
>Has 5 fucking intelligence
>Comes to the very logical conclusion that inner peace will come by beating to death every single bad person he can find
>Definition of "bad person" is basically "anyone who looks at me funny"

Basically, It's a rampaging silverback gorilla with a drinking problem and an intense desire to murder people. He doesn't have the mental capacity for underhanded tactics or any form of diplomacy other than getting his way, cause he scares the everloving FUCK out of people.

Since my borderline retarded dwarf can only level up a single skill, I decided to go with intimidation, cause it fits with the theme.

There's a trait that let's you count as a different type for the benefits and downsides of spells and feats. It's in the same source iirc

Thanks!

Monks have to be lawful user...

Maybe make them a brawler?