Veeky Forums Primaris chapter designing #1

Veeky Forums has always been known as the board that gets shit done. We've had a direct influence on the 40k universe in the past and have 2 home brew manlet marine chapters under our belt (Pretty Marines and Angry Marines), so lets do it again.

Lets design a brand new Primaris chapter. We will need a colour scheme, an overall combat doctrine and a chapter badge.

For a jumping off point what about a split colour scheme? Maybe have different coloured arms and legs compared to the torso?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They can only be supremely arrogant. The epitome of the Chadmarine looking down on inferiors, including Manlet Marines.

For colour scheme, should be something pretty aggressive, strong and bright colours.

Chad marines is an interesting idea. They're supremely arrogant and consider older marines to be ancient and out dated. Like a VHS compared to a SSD drive.

Man-Baby Marines! Or Baby-Man Marines? They are young, unexperienced and adorable but huge.

Torso and shoulder rims should be the same colour so it looks like they're wearing wifebeaters. They should be extremely envious of salamanders because they're decent family men.

Wife beater is more trashy than Chad. Chad is more leather jacket, gelled hair and jeans

go back to wanking to eagle ordinary

or preferably, to /cm/, /hm/, or /trash/

no that's Greaser you fucking idiot, Chad wears loudly-colored pop-collar shirts and sportswear

Nah, these are the true Chadmarine colors!

Yellow limbs, blue torso and red bolter?

This is the only sane option.

There is no one alive who wouldn't be envious of your Buzz Astrates. That color scheme is toyetic as fuck.

>We've had a direct influence on the 40k
>We
But not you, Reddit, go home

Ultras are already pretty close to true Chad colors.

Blue and yellow with red weaponry would be a call back to the really really old-school ultramarines, which would be quite cool

Problem with that is they then become Ultra marines unless part of the persona is that people always confuse them for ultra marines and they get pissy for it.

>Veeky Forums has always been known as the board that gets shit done.
Veeky Forums only likes to think it gets shit done. Throwing a random SM chapter together isn't getting shit done.

>and they get pissy for it.
That makes no sense, who gets pissy when you're confused with one of the most famous chapters in the imperium

Angry Marines had their own codex in 5th, a few people even had armies of them at one point, before the janitor came and deleted all the fun threads for free.

Ultramarines entire history is Manlet marines. These are Chad marines who look down on the manlets.

Can't get Primaris lineart but here's an idea.

Red torso + skirts
Blue limbs
Yellow detail

Here are m8

Angry marines were also the better part of ten years ago, in addition to being incredibly unfunny reddit-tier shit.

How about an immitation of this, orange helmet/arms, darkblue everything else and white for the aquilla and other details?

Dark blue and orange would work but white would be too stark a contrast.

The Chadmarines, like the Marines Malevolent but worse.

Originally, they were a company of Ultras, but after serving for a mere week with their manlet brothers, they soon realized their superiority, and developed an arrogance that would make the Emperor's Children blush.

They are known for their constant coups, complete lack of empathy, and will frequently throw their child serfs onto the battlefield to "prove their worth."

They have assumed control of a massive planetary Oil Rig, making that their makeshift fortress monestary.

Chad Marines would basically be greyknights with dark eldar as battle brothers.

The reason they side with dark eldar is they've learned cucks and betas have taken over the imperium and are controlled by the forces of Chaos. the dark eldar know exactly how entrentched chaos is in the mortal plane and thus they get shit done. Also the mercenary thug life is totes.

Their greatest weapon is a giant shuriken inspired by the dark eldar called the fidget spinner.

Maybe the arrogance is deserved due to their perfection and track record tho...

No shitty Reddit memes faggot.

This is pretty good. Although they shouldn't be passive aggressive, just straight up "We are better than you" in fact that could be a chapter motto if we can spice it up a little

Motto: Unity, Work, Progress

Commie faggots please leave

i never got this about wh40k
marked in red is the actual bolter the weapon itself what the flying fuck the rest of it supposed to do?

You can make if French for that extra flavour.

> "Unité, Travail, Progrès"

not to mention that looks like a single stack mag which means it can only hold like 6 bolts maybe 7.

What if there was no companies under 6th? They consider themselves to all be the greatest so they don't need the 1-5th company distinction? Would be a nice play on the 6 foot fall meme

>French
>Progress

No faggot. They're not about progress. They consider themselves to be the best. There is no progress left to make because they're simply too damn good to ever be improved. Their mentality is that this is the peak of humanity ever being able to hit and they're it.

I know theres a camera somewhere on the bolter so that the sp can accurately hip fire? otherwise no clue

Their heraldry, much like their fractured leadership, is split into many subfactions, as each marine consideres his own heraldry to be above the rest.
However, those who align with others in the more radical side adopt the charging Ram, while those of the more Imperial-minded adopt the roaring Lion.

A coat of arms unique to each marine would be an interesting chapter symbol. Have it a 4 panel shield with 1 corner being a C and the other 3 being marine dependent. Would also create an interesting painting dilemma where any one who can't free hand won't be able to do a legit Chad marine army

gas blowback systems that can withstand the continual firing of high power bolt rounds for millions of shots, without clogging, needing refurbishment or repair.
while also operating in every possible combat environment from absolute zero to thousands of degrees, from vacuum to hundreds of atmospheres of pure acid (that is also somehow demonic) without lubricants or jamming.

nah bolters are fucking maintenance hogs everybody knows that. they can't fire 3 clips without jamming if you don't pamper them to shits.

not to mention gas blowback systems are simpler and smaller than the fucking trigger mechanism.

but these a new special bolters that aren't shit

>clips

I say their official name should be:
Gallian tonitruinites

While, to most, they are know as the Thunder Cock.

Did I misunderstood it, or Primaris can now command imperial guard forces like Astral Claws tried to, and the Ancient Legions did?

Or is it more like commanding an army of serfs?

Also, has there been any changes in the kind of ships space marines should have? Even if some ignored it.

Are they not funny, or did you become old, cynical and jaded?

"We are the Destiny"

That's funny, but the fidget spinner would date them right off the bat harder than if we said they got lost playing "Inquisition GO!" on their auspexes

"My dad owns an Imperium."

"Negotium Consummare"
Latin for "Get it done"

Thunder Cocks

Quartered red & yellow armor, with red shoulder pads & yellow cock head sigil.

I like the sound of "Fight Cocks" better.

Red and yellow is a perfect coloration for an angry marines successor chapter too.

"e pluribus, nos sunt optima"

>marines that are always angry and use power baseball bats is reddit tier garbage compared to my army of paranoid gays

Belli Gallos

Silver Aquila would work

I don't think an entire new system needs to be made for Primaris marines. Although, we should update the tables, adding a step to account for the number of Primaris Marines in a rolled chapter.

We've also got more than just the meme chapters. You can feel how you like about Star Krakens, for example, but they have been lovingly and appropriately fluffed to at least a publishable level of quality. We don't know how many Primaris marines they have, though.

I'm creating the Void Knights, an Imperial Fists successor chapter

All of Dorn's honor and chivalry with none of the Templar's zealot bullshit

I'm doing mine as a Space Wolves contingent of Primaris known as the Einherjar.

I feel this is relevent.

Buzz Astartes will be the greatest marines in the galaxy!

BOREALUM!

If it's Chad marines, their Chapter icon needs to be the Ralph Loren logo

And here I was thinking this was going to be an actual thread not memes

Well, chapter-creation threads usually start with rolling on the Chapter Creation Tables to make some base for building off of and fluffing.

It's how we got the Blood Jaguars, Abyssal Jaws, Emperor's Nightmares, and Star Krakens. We take a framework and build off of it.

Well, for "serious" ones, anyway. Angry Marines and the like just kind of happen because a dedicated creator or creators put some effort into fleshing out the silly concept.

Nice photoshop

Doesn't have to be that way, the Thunder Cocks is a decent enough starting off point, I suppose. All we need is one decent idea to start off with and plenty of autism.

Fantasy has a half long unit called the fighting cocks. But thunder cocks works with a rooster head of some kind.

Come on, you know that Veeky Forums done much more than that, even if we take just wh40k shit.
How about graduating to an actual rpg from a hemasperging homebrew, for one?

Birds of War

ALWAYS ANGRY ALL THE TIME! WHAT'S TEN FUCKING YEARS TO A FUCK-MOTHERING ANGRY MARINE YOU PATHETIC SACK OF DICKS?!? ALSO, SOME NOT-JADED FUCKBOY IS WORKING ON A CODEX FOR THE NEW NERD BOOK FOR NERDS RIGHT NOW!!

That was all old tg, nu tg usually just kills off any attempt at creativity.

There are faggots trying but we're still going

I don't know shit about the Dark Imperium and all that, but you could have these guys come in and occupy other institution's territory after liberating it as tribute, justifying it that they need it for the war effort, so they just go around the galaxy taking other people's stuff by being more alpha than they are.

Maybe they can have a doctrine of domination or something, where their chapter thinks that all other facets of the Imperium should be subservient to them, and act accordingly

man, I dont know

Primaris supremacists make sense

So far we have french-speaking chapter with overabundance of personal heraldry, deeply seated sense of superiory, and who think that rooster is a good symbol.
So, it's a chapter of regular french folks (in space on crack), Coqs du Tonnerre.

Going for more of a Chad thing, everyone loves them, and they go around doing what they want, and are admittedly good at it

For lack of a more accurate phraseology, they cuck beta bitch boys across the galaxy

you have to go back

Fuck French speaking. If you go that direction they become pompous frenchies instead of chads. The key here is to represent Chad arrogant not garlic eating arrogance.

Thunder cock is a good image to go with though. But how do you represent the thunder? Maybe the icon is a star with the rooster on top.

but all hope is lost

>garlic eating arrogance.
Too modern, think Bourbon nobility arrogance. "Let them eat cakes", "After us, the deluge", all that stuff.
The deluge phrase seems like a good motto regardless

>Thunder cock is a good image to go with though. But how do you represent the thunder?
Rooster is flapping wings and lightning bolts fall from it instead of feathers.

Holy kek this exchange,11/10.

For those who completely missed it:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad

Never cared for Chad. Still, self-important cock-obsessed french-speaking primarines with black and brown serfs? Do want.

Should we roll for this or let this meme train go on?

frigg off buddy

dice+d10

you need more trigger discipline m8

Chapter Master should be named Lancelot.

He was a blatant self insert for French Writers, and as well as being a late addition to the legend was potrayed as the new guy who was the best at everything, taking focus away from the previously popular Gawain (Who was originally on the Grail Quest)

Why not this pose but with lightning bolts for toes?

Can we get the chapter colours down?

What would be the preferred style of combat? I'm thinking they're more long ranged, why bother running up to the enemy when they can just be shot? Maybe a preference for missle launchers or if they're too messy heavy bolters?

What if we made the armour metallic? Like alpha legion is? Matt is for pussies

Noice, but I can't think of the Chief Librarian, Master of the Forge and Chief Apothecary.

Maybe Chief Lib should be named Rene Dec and Apothecary - Rabelais?

>Can we get the chapter colours down?
Chad colours, with yellow Thunder Cock on red field as the chapter symbol and whatever any given marine came up with.

>I'm thinking they're more long ranged, why bother running up to the enemy when they can just be shot?
I agree. Power Mauls and Power Fists should be preferrable CQC weapons since they do not wish to stain good blades with blood of unworthy. Isn't Chad's weapon of choice a fist, though?

Chads more likely to glass you so maybe the mail works?

Metallic navy blue with a metallic red torso/shoulders and gold rims? Then they can be confused for ultramarines which pisses them off.

>Metallic navy blue with a metallic red torso/shoulders and gold rims?
Sounds nice.

>Chads more likely to glass you so maybe the mail works?
Not sure I get you. Also, since chads glass, maybe ranged weapon of choise are plasma guns? They're kinda tired, though.

I think the cock on the left has a better pose

For your chaptermaster consideration.

Do we have any draw fags willing to sketch a chapter icon?

thanks doc

working on it

It's shit. I know. Sue me.