Warmasters' Triumvirate XI

The Thread Where We Make A 1d4chan page, maybe?

Warmasters Triumvirate is an attempt at creating yet another 40k AU. The Primarchs have changed, and instead of appointing a single Warmaster upon returning to Terra, the Emperor leaves the Great Crusade in the care of three of his sons. This eventually culminates in a civil war between Loyalists, Chaos Traitors and Separatists...

Docs: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqd6RLLgvLdYCIoLCHhQkidgXIsKUzrugyWu6pthEM

Chapter Constructor: bitbucket.org/chaptergenerator/chaptergenerator/downloads/

Previous Thread:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/53449408/

Things to work on:
>Determine the Separatists' motives
>Fill up the three factions as evenly as possible
>Continue fluffing out the legions we already have
>Decide on who the Chaos Warmaster is
>Work on the Relationship of the Primarchs

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1W44DGGjFE6jAXpdiLlKWNW5fiyL8EZkNWcmnFUdU2iU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Somebody removed the nineball from the Sentinels
Drat!

do we have an updated version of all 21 Legions colour schemes?
Also how does everyone feel about how I tried to spice up Einchurt? Not sure if I did a good job of making him not an emotionless, nihilistic robot.

I think Definitely Not British is the one doing that...

I like Einchurt. He is not the positive char here but he fills his roll. And you can develope him further away from the nihilistic robot during the project. I mean fw and bl did the same. At the beginning we had stereo types and the chars got over time more and more fleshed out. Nobody awaits a perfect fleshed out character drama. Well excdpt for the trolls out there and Rokuten^^

Yeah, I never really intended him to be a positive character. he was always meant as a bit of a negative person. I just wanted him to be more than "resident edgelord", even if that's still the easiest way to summarize him.

Better "resident edgelord" than "childish"....that hurt...^^

Be less edgy. Be more actually deplorable.

The Separatists still don't feel very cohesive.

Canon Legions had a werewolf, a cyclops, a vampire, a robot, an edgelord, a troll, a bueraucrat, and a nigger all in the same pile.

"cohesive" ain't really a thing to worry about.

>Canon loyalists were shamanistic viking werewolves, autistic Germans, ultra stoic Romans, angsty vampires, super angry self-mutilating cyber fetishists, superblack pyromaniacs, emo tacticool marines and ultra autistic muh penance knights and not!mongols

>Traitors had characterless saturday morning cartoon villains, egyptian supernerds whose chief was a cyclops, really grumpy construction workers, mega edgelords with bat ears, tone deaf drug addicts, lobotomised gymbros with anger issues, self-hating unwashed neckbeards, the Westboro baptist church and the dudes who love playing where's waldo way too much

user is right, uniformity or cohesion is not important.

>super angry self-mutilating cyber fetishists
To be fair, they weren't super angry until they lost their space dad.

They were angry, though.

Is he still with us?

I haven't seen him lately, but it's also a weekend, a holiday weekend for some. Wouldn't surprise me if people weren't around.

He's British, I'm sure he'd never be as uncourteous to die and not inform us with a formal letter.

From the last thread, not sure if it helps:
Damn it. Now Gyahdred has a respect for Einchurt in spite of himself. I suppose its one of those things where you can only really have those intense emotions across a space of empathy. Sort of a damn it Einchurt, I know you could make the Imperium a better place with me if only you let yourself care. And you don't even spend your time fighting monsters.

Perhaps they meet on the battlefield, get along, the campaign ends, there's the biopogroms to exterminate infected citizens and both legions do their duty. There's respect. And then there's an incident on a human world. Maybe they're not compliant yet, they're considering it. Or maybe there's a rebellion? Anyways, its a situation where there's a more peaceful option that will take a while Einchurt's point is that they're in a hurry and there's time tables to keep to.
Gyahdred says they can take their time with humans, they're the point of the crusade.
Not sure what Einchurt's response is, but I've got a feeling he says that victory is the point of the crusade.

From what I gather, he's been on a limited internet for the last few days.

Yeah, he'd say they have timetables to keep, and Gyahdred needs to consider more what the must do over what he wants, and that human lives can be recreated easier than industry, infrastructure, etc.

Can we decide on the exact order of discovery? Right now we have:

3. Deshain
5. Raj
6. Einchurt
7. Je'She
8. Linares
9. Matlalihuitl
10. Ashur
13. Lambach
14. Rokuten
16. Pacha
18. Valorn
19. Marduk

The rest is empty, though Gyahdred has been put down 830s.M30. He could be 4th.

I'm fine with Mot being 11 or 12, but it might be interesting if he was earlier so he could see the decline of what he thinks the Imperium should be to send him towards chaos.

Emil can be placed wherever the group thinks it's most useful. Doesn't matter too much to me.

Maybe. Maybe if somebody wants to move that could work.

I don't think there's a particular reason for him to be placed anywhere. Just pick a number I guess.

Somewhat related, when do we want to work in that Titan Marchers--Brotherhood of the Abyss campaign?
I'm thinking it'll go pretty well and the details will help nail down their relationship. We can have it with some DAoT shit and Gyahdred keeps trying to preserve it.
Maybe there's a xenos campaign before hand that highlights their similarities and then the moment there's tech relics involved the differences really begin to show. All the sudden Gyahdred has mechanicum Adepts all over the place. He choses a battleplan that increases projected casualties by x% in order to capture enemy titans intact, etc.

Also if people have a better idea for a name, let me know.

Quick question: Can we have a rider in the docs-collection for all the inter-legionnairy writefaggotry?

And idiot me couldn't fit these two inquiries in one post:
PACHA, you wanna have a bit of Heresy combat going on?

D20 says 17th it is. Put Emil down there I suppose.

I am curious though, what the timeline brackets are between first found and last found. 10 years difference? 50? 100?

For someone who's found more towards the end of the line, how much pre-Primarch time do they need to account for when writing the Legion's fluff?

Sep here, won't be in much due to life stuff (will resume normal posts by monday) currently working on the following
>Final Legion Colors
>Fluffing out the legion
>Relationship with other primarchs

As for his time of discovery I'm torn between 11, 12, 15, and 17

I'm thinking that's a good route to take, though Gyahdred shouldn't go too far off the deep end on their first meeting. I want Raj to like pretty much everyone, and him going against the Creed that quickly isn't a good way to get Raj on your side.

That sounds useful to me, though more than anything else, I think the crusade events help us characterize the legions and the primarchs.
For that matter, I think I should fluff up Stovokor.

>Stovokor
Geologically active like Ryamtscho. Massive mountains and some seas. Esoteric version of the Mechanicum Cult, borrowing in part from Tibetan Buddhism. Sutras and a focus on the transformation of things a la energy/reincarnation. Probably looks a hell of a lot like Vulcan mysticism.
Lots of air mobile stuff. Legs over treads over wheels. Though that isn't terribly different from regular Admech, just done as air cav and mountaineer regiments and a tighter linkage between the Ordo Reductor types and the forge proper. Not sure how you field titans in the Himalayas, though...

I'm thinking the result ought to he that the legions can work together as long as people are prepared to accept that Gyahdred is... eccentric. He's got an odd hierarchy of values, which again, is why I think he makes an interesting pairing with both Raj and Einchurt.

You're probably right. Key point with Raj is showing mutual respect. If a Primarch were to be rude or patronising towards him, Raj would explode with anger. As long as Gyahdred doesn't do that, they'll get along well enough.

I see it

I just had a dumb idea in the latest line of bad ideas involving orks imitating humans.

A warband entirely of megadreds and looted knights, in the vein of Imperial Knights, with heraldry and everything, named House Loud or Da Loud 'Ouse. This is either brilliant or just retarded.

Isn't that the name of some cartoon show or some shit?

That's the joke. Never watched it, but it will either make people laugh or facepalm.

Haha. I like stuff like that.

I'd probably be on the facepalm side of that equation, but hey. It's Orks.

Being brilliantly retarded is what they do best.

So I went through and posted how Einchurt feels about all the other Primarchs (it's also in a doc for reference), how does everyone else feel about trying a similar thing? That would, in my mind, help us start solidifying the Primarch's relationships

Yeah I really liked what you'd done. Putting it from his perspective gave him a lot more character.
I'm stealing your idea and trying to write one up for Lambach but I don't think I'll do it as well as you.

In response to
>The Unworthy
In his early days, Valron Adras was used to all actions having an ulterior motive. As such, he originally assumed that the use of cybernetics amongst the Adeptus Mechanicus was to ensure that its priests had ample reason to hone their art, for if they didn’t they ran the risk of dying. Needless to say, he was deeply disappointed when he discovered the somewhat more religious truth, but this didn’t dissuade him from using cybernetics as a way to screen potential techmarines. Aspirants were given a collection of cybernetic implants, along with information on how to maintain them, and then informed that they would have to keep these implants exceedingly well maintained for six months, along with acting as an assistant to one of the fully trained techmarines. Those who succeeded in meeting these standards are sent to train as techmarines, however, those who do not are sent to Claw Packs to join The Unworthy. A squad of the Unworthy is oft a motley crew, each member baring a variety of augmentations, some external and obvious others less so. There is however one factor that unites them, their skills. Whilst Unworthy have not the skill with machinery that their successful counterparts have but they do have more knowledge about the maintenance of equipment than the average marine. This makes them invaluable to the Claws during long infiltration missions, as weapons and equipment must be maintained and Unworthy are more suited to this duty than a techmarine, being more common and readily available, though their skill is lesser. This frees the techmarines up for more urgent and mechanical matters, but it is not the only reason the Unworthy are valued.

Breaking something is much akin to fixing something, only in reverse. As such Unworthy are not only skilled at sabotage, as most Claws are, but are skilled at sabotaging stealthily. Rather than use explosives or bullets they simply mess with the workings of their target. It may be a loosened wire here, a jammed gear there, but whatever form their sabotage takes, it is always stealthy. Not in that the sabotaged object won’t blow up, but in that it will be less likely to be seen as outside interference, appearing more as human error or bad luck. They prefer stealth for their sabotage, but can do it under fire, only not as effectively.

Some Unworthy are offered the chance to rise to the position of techmarine, but this generally only happens after many years of service among the Unworthy and not all those who receive the offer take it. Some prefer to stay where they are, having achieved a different form of perfection to one they once sought, but a form of perfection none the less. Also they all have a deep hatred for Orks because much of their equipment doesn’t work out of an Ork’s grasp anyway, so it’s impossible to sabotage. Admittedly, you can sabotage them by painting something like “Dis Don’t Wurk” on the side of your target, but only works if the Ork working it can read.

Yeah I feel like you're fleshing out Einchurt really well. Kudos to you for making the "bad" brother. You've done something good here.
I'm currently working on one as well

Which document? I didn't see it in your legion description in the google doc.

I'm glad everyone likes him, at least as a character if not a person. I thought we needed at least one Primarch who wasn't a paragon of justice and honour dealio, so I drew on how I acted back when I was depressed and worked from there.
Can't wait to see how all of you do it!

it's in a different doc, I'll link it real quick
docs.google.com/document/d/1W44DGGjFE6jAXpdiLlKWNW5fiyL8EZkNWcmnFUdU2iU

I've noticed in the Gunslinger's dot point description of Deshain Kane, he shoots another Legion's Captain in the legs after they criticized the Gunslinger's early retreat. I'd be more than happy to have a Khafir of The Sentinels take that place. It could do for a nice rivalry ;)

I did something similar to ot when I first joined the project but only for about 6 guys and not from my Primarchs point of view. It helped me shape the character a fair bit. But you've inspired me to finish it properly.

>rise to the position of techmarine
I just want to note that when I said this I meant that they got the opportunity to receive the proper training of a techmarine, not that they just magically got given that position
The time between discoverys would be pretty useful to know. Would help me figure out wether it's Valorns grandsons who betray him or his great grandsons

>Marduk
He is strong. I can respect that. He is a true father to his men, stern though trusting. That is honorable. He leaves no foe standing, and his Legion's will seems limitless. I am impressed. Yet when I stand at his side... My mind screams, recoils as if a man had entered the lair of an enormous beast, and was unwelcome. I fear to peer too deeply at what lurks beneath my brother's countenance.

>Pacha
He is a builder, a gardener, a developer of men and shows a deep sense of humanity. In his presence I feel the warmth of his homeworld's sun upon my brow. We are remarkably alike, though Pacha is heat, compared to the chill of Nonimat IV which will never leave me. Perhaps... I am a little envious.

>Deshain
A wounded animal. His mind is a wasteland of briars and pain, and he does not recognize that he is his own worst enemy, that so much of his personality emerges from this wellspring of agony. Would that I could pull him free. I know he would never consent to such an invasion, but I believe that my world's psybernetics might offer him peace.

>Linares
Many dismiss him as a boisterous idiot, with little class and less discipline. His mannerisms grate on my nerves, but his moral code does him credit. He will not abandon a comrade, and for that I gladly overlook the rest.

>Emil
Self-reflection is a valuable tool, and the list will not be complete without evaluating myself. Few understand my nature, although I see much of the Emperor in myself, if I may be so vain. We both draw strength from the Warp, and both of us are technologically gifted. I know my abilities frighten many, and the psybernetics my Legion bears are symbols to distrust for others. So be it. There are terrors in the dark to which my brothers are blind. I am my brother's keeper, and I will do my best to stand guard over us all. Surely there is no problem we cannot solve together.

>cont.

>Einchurt
I almost understand his mindset. And that worries me. He walks a bleak, dark path and I am not sure he knows how far along that perilous road he already is. Perhaps I can reignite the spark of humanity which has almost left him before he becomes as mechanical as the weapons he uses with such abandon.

>Matlalihuitl
Something is wrong with this brother of mine. Mutations are well known to the people of Nonimat IV, and none of them emerge for benevolent reasons. I turn my third eye to him, yet I see nothing. Why?
>Lambach
A still pond across which travel no ripples. He does his job well and with attention to detail, but there is a certain torpor about him. His Legion uses their powers too recklessly though, and I fear it will best them someday.

>Je'She
He hates Orks. I like that. No threat blocks Humanity from its true potential like the endless greenskin raids which tear down all we build. He has the gift of oratory as well as I. But where I read the crowd's emotions to learn which words they will listen to, Je'She simply speaks, and they hear. What took me years to master he does without thought.

>Isekho
A dagger can often do what bolters and lascannons cannot. As the Emperor's dagger, Isekho is a useful tool. I have little else to say about him, though. The few times we have stood together, he said very little.

>Yochin
His mind is a fortress, guarded by burning pillars of light. Nothing gains entry, not even good ideas. My brother cannot be destroyed from without, but eventually I fear he will crumble from within. Whatever fuels him may someday look for more wood to burn...

>cont.

>Zelbezis
I know little of this man. What I have heard does not endear me to him.

>Ashur
He built himself from nothing. Even I would not be confident of repeating such a feat. A slave who was made king. Part of his mind is still bound in chains though. I see a statue made of gold, with feet of clay. He is brittle steel, but a good man. Perhaps I can reforge him, make him as he should have always been...

>Hayden
He and I appear to seek the same goals, but where I balance humanity's psychic turmoil with the natural calmness of psybernetic machinery, Hayden seeks the monastic lifestyle. I know that I am the superior psyker were we ever to come to blows, but who knows? It is possible his route to controlling the psychic gift will prove the better in time.

>Gyahdred
My brother hides his Legion in darkness, for they fear what might emerge from themselves into the light. They clamp down on themselves for protection, and appear normal on the outside, but I can hear that which gnaws them from within. I pray it is otherwise, but I cannot but feel a dire fate awaits them all.

>Valorn
He and his Legion keep me and mine at arm's length. It is sufficient for him, and it is sufficient for me. Should he call for aid, I will be there.

>Raj
We have a lot in common, and I have used his technical information on multiple occasions to further my research. A strong soul, but tarnished by his experiences. I hope to cleanse it, should he give me the opportunity.

>Quaestor
By the book, no mistakes. He gets the job done as a consummate professional, and I respect that. A more perfect cog for the Imperial war machine I could not imagine, and my father has spoken well of him in the past. Would that I could instill a better balance in him though. Marines are not exactly human, but neither are they soulless.

>cont.

>Piter
Another slave-made-king, much like Ashur. A man of the people or their pitiless oppressor, perhaps. I cannot foresee which he will become.

>Mot
Utterly self-serving. A mechanical cancer concerned solely with its own growth. He and his Legion win victories and expand the Imperium, but I cannot help feeling it will bear poisoned fruits.

>Rokuten
He is a warrior born, but also a brutal hardhead. I feel his spirit reaching out across us all, unconsciously seeking to dominate each Primarch in turn. He would do well not to press me too hard, for I swim in waters where he could only drown. I understand his needs, and willingly fight alongside him, but I will not kneel.
MAN that was a lot of work. Good odds I'm talking out my ass regarding Emil's perspective on other Primarchs/Legions, but maybe that lends it some authenticity, I hope.

Lemme know what you all think.

It's nicely done. I'm going to have to do up one myself.

I read up on Valron. Really like the cataclysm.
The Unworthy look like a pretty neat bunch between their own special role in the legion and the role of perfection in the culture. A neat way of making a weakness into a strength.

>
>Nosferatii (Provisional name)
The Nosferatii are legionaries who have sufficient control over the curse that they can perform stealth missions. The vast majority of them have some form of cerebro-augmentation, typically to dampen emotions. In concert with extensive meditation, this grants them security. In this altered state, the Nosferatii are beyond fear, beyond the curse, but also beyond compassion and empathy. They are to a man cold killers dredged up from the depths of the legion's psyche. Opponents within the legion suggest that the cerebral augmentation has merely disguised the curse's touch, but none can deny their efficacy or loyalty to the legion.
Typically they are infiltrated before a campaign or allowed to hunt targets at their leisure. They seem almost to enjoy causing terror, though fear is an effective weapon, particularly for a hunter or assassin.
Besides the expected weapons, they also commonly work alongside networked Thallax and other such mechanicum horrors, their similarities binding them together into effective hunter-killer units and allowing for complex ambushes.

There's a better way to word it, but they're basically cyber-Night Lords.

Also wrote some more on the Legion's backstory. Mostly involving a discussion between Emil and his Marines when they first meet.

>He is a warrior born, but also a brutal hardhead.
Hardhead?

This is Zorg.

Hardhead means someone without much use for subtlety. Often implies stubbornness.

>Hardhead means someone without much use for subtlety. Often implies stubbornness.
Rokuten has lots of subtlety though. Otherwise his legion wouldn't be as loyal.

Well, perhaps that's how he appears to Emil in-universe, then. I don't think these are supposed to be perfect representations of each Primarch, right? If they all knew each other in full detail, there wouldn't be any misunderstandings or surprises.

I found a picture that might represent Mot Hadad pretty well.

It's not exactly what I would like for a picture (since it's not really 40k's aesthetic), but this picture might be what Emil looks like. Maybe.

There's another one that's competing with it though, I'll post it too.

Your picture's not bad at all, assuming the actual picture would be armored in a sci-fi manner rather than fantasy cloth and plate, of course. Definitely invites comparisons with Vulkan and Ferrus, perhaps.

Here's the other option I thought of for Emil. This one's a little "darker" perhaps, but it's also got this nice "psyker haze" which I find appealing. It also looks more like a cybernetically enhanced person I think. He wouldn't actually ride a hoverboard, of course.

Which do you all think might be more useful for me as a general guideline?

Oh no someone discovered the link between Kropor and Torpor.
I like it man. The stuff I've done for my own is nowhere near as good. I also am struggling with Zelbezis. Has anyone heard from him?

I have not heard from him, no. And yeah, his was a challenge for me also since there's so little actually written there.

Yeah, and instead of a hammer he'd have a flanged maul where the flanges are chainaxes.

Good point.

For each Separatist, state why your character is able to resist the temptations of Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and the lesser Gods of Chaos.

"If something sounds too good to be true, then it's too good to be true."

Also,"NOBODY COMMANDS SETTRA!"

If a skeleton out to conquer some bumfuck nowhere dead fantasy land can resist the temptation of the gods, so can a primarch out to conquer the galaxy. Only Rokuten wouldn't dare try to swindle the gods; that would undoubtedly end with his corruption.

Pictured: The only way for the gods to tempt Rokuten.

Settra rules.

He doesn't serve, that's for sure.

The Warp all but destroyed his adopted homeworld. Emil is himself a psyker, and has some inkling of the terrors which dwell within the Warp. He grew up raised on stories, myths, and even historical video recordings of the mass psyker explosions which happened at the dawn of the Age of Strife on his home planet.

And basically Emil's philosophy regarding Warp powers and psykers in general is "Discipline is everything".

So what's he like before the chaos? And what sort of machines does he like? Gyahdred wants to know.

>Hey Gyahdred, want to try some chaos?
>Don't you dare touch me you filthy casual.

In all seriousness, there's a few factors. First off, there's the simple fact that none of them are the machine god. He's got a divine schema and he's quite happy with it. Second off, there's the specifics of the cult of Stovokor. Chaos is irrational. That rules it out straight away because logic is critical. Gods are in impediment to enlightenment. The omnissiah is beyond all duality. It is efficacy itself. It is all that is. Chaos is anathema to all that. Chaos is the ultimate illusion, made from attachment itself.
Then there's Gyahdred himself. He sees all gods as illusions, there is only the omnissiah and the omnissiah is all. Enlightenment requires the doing away with all gods and radical contemplation.
They literally have nothing to offer him.

Side thought on the curse and temptation:
I'm thinking that Gyahdred feels like he already has a cure. If he was totally desperate, he would make everyone a Nosferati, better terms than anything chaos could offer him. It also helps that living with the Curse requires logic and self control, which Gyahdred values anyway. It's more manageable than the Blood Angel's curse, but that management requires constant effort on the part of the Astartes.

>So what's he like before the chaos?
Mot Hadad is an arrogant bastard, and once he comes to a conclusion he is loath to let it go. He believes in absolute authority over his legion and suffers questions from very few individuals. His dislike of scheming, political and otherwise, stems from his experiences during his youth on Zharr-Naggrund, where such plots were ever-present. He's very technically savvy, though he isn't a fan of the mechanicus and prefers to tinker on his own.
Mot Hadad is a fervent believer in the crusade, though it can be said that this is because it expands his personal control rather than carving out an empire for humanity.

>what kind of machines does he like
Big guns are his favorite, though war machines of all kinds are produced by worlds that his legion conquers. Of note is House Zharr, a knight house originating from Zharr-Naggrund that consistently goes to war alongside the Forge Lords. They have minimal ties to the mechanicum and enjoy the favor of Mot Hadad as their patron, expanding their noble line across the stars in his name.

Be my guest.
^^

LITERALLY HITLER

good shit

Like I said before, I imagined Mot as an angier, 40k version of pic related.

I'll also be working on Raj's relationships.

Mot has very short legs compared to his arms, then.

Munkey lol

Query: How are Xenos factions faring in this AU? Orks would obviously be mostly unaffected, but how would others, like Eldar and Hrud be affected by the altered state of things? Would Tau develop like in OU? Would Necrons awaken at similar rate?

Khorne: "I don't do disorganized warfare, sorry"

Slaanesh: "Thoroughness is to do all that is necessary, but no more."

Nurgle: "Despair? Fucking untermenschen yielding to despair instead of purging what is weak"

Tzeentch: "Your plan isn't written in a book, each page of which has been annotated twelve times. It doesn't even registers as a plan."

Hashut: "Were it that I knew shit about tech, you may have me, but I happen to not be particularly mechanically adept."

And so Zelbezis woke up from his vision, and went on a search for materials that would prevent the Warp from coming uninvited in his mind.

I'm gonna do one of these "how do I view each other primarch" charts, may be a good first step out of "litterally who?" territory.

>Marduk Engur
Polite and contemplative. Marduk is an honorable man, but he does appear to keep his secrets close to his heart. Admirable, but potentially worrying.

Need to evaluate his adherence to the Imperial Truth.

>Pacha the Earthquake
Pacha is a kind and gentle soul, perhaps too much so. His presence is comforting, supernaturally so. A symbol of what we should all aim to be. Low level psyker.

Good cook, though the culinary arts are lost on me.

>Deshain Kane
Shares my love of long range warfare. Bitter and cruel. Whatever happened to him on Yuma did serious damage. Should not try to pry.

Might shoot Taarush Amin. Resulting conflict might be regrettable.

>Linares
Great friend. Did not get a good impression of him until the Zeconis campaign. Unapologetic and laid back, but he cares deeply about humanity. Honorable.

Should fashion him a gift before our next meeting. Plasma or bolt pistol?

>Emil Kannav
Full Psyker. Potentially very dangerous. Polite, but difficult to get a read on. Uses dangerous archeotech ‘psybernetics’ to create artificial Psykers. Never trust inexperienced Psykers.

Does father condone this? Should bring it up next time I return to Terra

>Einchurt
Acts robotic and distant. Not many get to see beyond that. Einchurt feels like he carries a heavy burden. Occasionally goes too far in his methods, but I feel like I might get him to better himself.

Shorter than me. Feels good.

>Matlalihuitl
Powerful Psyker and warrior. Mutant. Still very tribal and wild. Interesting figure, though I do not feel too much of a brotherly connection.

His sons do not share his mutation. Not part of geneseed. Perhaps worth investigating along with Lambach?

>Lambach Kropor
Lambach is intelligent and compassionate, perhaps too much so. He seems much younger compared to the rest of our brotherhood. Perhaps his peaceful world was too peaceful. Above average Psyker.

Seems to take the deaths of his sons very hard. Perhaps I should try to ease his thoughts.

>Je'She of the Watch
Strong and fierce. Campaigning alongside his Sentinels is enjoyable. An immaculate leader of men, greater than even me perhaps. Endlessly and effortlessly polite.

Rumors have been going around that Father might soon return to Terra. If he plans to place one of us at the helm, Je’She gets my vote.

>Isekho the Unseen
Blind, but his other senses have been heightened to such an extent that it becomes quite unnerving to look at him. Waging a campaign with the Smoke Stalkers is an interesting experience, something I am looking forward to doing again in the future.

Offered to replace his eyes with Optic Bionics, but he rejected them immediately.

>Yochin Theritax
Friendly and cultured. Yochin is a good friend, but his fanaticism is beyond anything I have seen in any of our siblings. His music is lovely and always a joy to listen to.

The Disciples wage war very loudly. Turn down auditory implants.

>Zelbezis Dyestes
He has suffered a youth similar to mine, yet I feel he walks a much darker path. I have not had the pleasure of meeting him often, but perhaps I can be of help to him.

Perhaps a gift will get him to open up to me. Heavy bolter?

>Ashur of Banipal
Ashur is kind and forgiving. Admirable traits that I appreciate in him as a friend, but I wonder if he has the level of control over his legion that our Father expects of us. Good friend.

Word has reached me from several legionnaires. The Loxodontii have a culture that might not be fully compatible with the Imperial Truth.

>Hayden Reliquo
Hayden is a good friend. He shares my love for patience and careful thought. Shared meditation was very insightful. Appears to be the most controlled of my Pyschic bretheren.

Should send the 113th towards the Pillars’ fronts soon. Hayden and I have much to discuss.

>Gyahdred
Gyahdred is a bizarre figure. He has shown me nothing but courtesy, and working with him on several projects has been a nice experience, but his obsession with the acquisition of new knowledge is far beyond me. I should keep an eye on him, but the best way to do that is to keep him close.

I should get him to explain his plans for overhauling the Imperium’s tax policies again.

>Valorn Adras
Valorn and his Pale Hounds are an enigma to me. I have never campaigned alongside them and I have rarely ever spoken with him. My brothers have told me their pride and perfectionist nature means they never call for aid, let alone from us.

Must try to get closer to him. Perhaps send Taarush to join their fleet for some time?

>Quaestor Krees
Krees is an honorable warrior and a true friend. I share his thoughtfulness. He stays on target, ignores distractions and rewards competence. Campaigns waged alongside the Wardens are always a success. Can’t help but boast of his accomplishments, though they make for good stories.

I should make sure he meets Linares. Might be a positive influence.

>Piter Karomonov
Piter’s upbringing would have been the same as mine, had Mother not taken me into her care. He genuinely cares about the plight of Humanity, though I feel like he might be on the brink of going too far.

Must meet Piter again soon in order to finish assessment.

>Mot Hadad
Mot is a vile, rude and wretched individual. None of our brothers come close in terms of his brash, bombastic egotism. His youth has broken him beyond repair. His designs are subpar.

Will have to be dealt with as soon as the Great Crusade is finished. Has no place in a peaceful age.

>Rokuten
My young brother is honorable and ambitious. Working with him on the battlefield has been pleasant enough, and his designs are quite ingenious. Einchurt and Piter are close to him, perhaps they could lend some more insight on him.

He appears to keep me at arm’s length. Must find out why.

---------------------------

There we go. I get the sense that Raj really is closest to W3's Sanguinius. He gets along with everyone to atleast some extent, with the exception of Mot. His reflective personality also leads to him analysing his brothers, though he does not do this maliciously, only so he can help them come to terms with themselves. Thoughts?

Valorn believes in achieving perfections. not perfection singular, because being completely perfect is in his eyes a pipe dream chased only by fools. Instead Valorn views you can only be perfect at things such as shooting or driving, not be perfect yourself. Help achieving your perfections is only bad if it takes the wrong form or comes from the wrong source, but you have to make sure that YOU are achieving a perfection, not being given one by someone else.

In the end that's why Valorn opposes Chaos. A: he views that they and their "Gifts" are exactly the wrong kind of things to help achieve perfection as they try to give it rather than aid in achieving it. B: serving them seems to aid in the development of madness, which Valorn views as the ultimate imperfection as it corrupts all other perfections. C: his hackles are immediately raised by the usage of the word "Gifts" regarding the mutations of Chaos, for a gift is given freely, but the Chaos Gods expect service in return. If they are willing to lie so transparently he cannot trust them either to actually help him achieve his goals nor to be the winners of a clash between the revolutionaries, the imperium and themselves

I love the little side notes, that really makes the character. Mind if I take the idea?

NO! It's mine! Don't you dare copy me!

Sure, go on ahead. They were my favorite parts to write.

I will try and make something close next weekend. Sorry this week is full of work. Everyday on stage so I can only check in for a few times.

By the way: Deshain Kane

I see you have noted that we campaigned together. Do you wish to write about our adventures together at some point?

I was considering it, yes. Unless you want to take a swing at it?

Go right ahead. My discord is in the spreadsheet if you would like my input on anything.

testing testing

Yes?

It warms my heart to see how little people like Mot Hadad. I'll have to make his legionaries likeable to make up for it.

++Primarch IX personal files++
Subject: Brothers

Marduk Engur: A leader to be respected, and a formidable warrior. However, his change of manner on and off the battlefield is disturbing. He is a brother of mine, but he is unpredictable.

Note:
I would like to get to know him better, it would be good for me to know more about his way of war.

Pacha: A strong ally and an even stronger friend to look up to. Pacha is the friend each of us brothers can count on. His humanity brings us a vision of what can come of us after this crusade. If I am to be honest, he brings me hope. Not just for me, but for the rest of my brothers.

Note:
Admirable beyond words. I would call Pacha friend. Someday, after all this is over, I will invite him to the Great City on Harrdid, and show him the gardens there.

Deshain Kane: Self-seeking and no friend of mine. He wounded a Khafir of mine for the simple act of talking against his tactics. Cruel and opportunistic. I fight alongside this ‘brother’ of mine with the greatest contempt.

Note:
I am certain Kane fights not for the Emperor and the Imperial Truth, he fights for the mere sake of war and bloodshed; and he enjoys it.

Linares: The first brother I ever saw. I still remember it to this day. He inspires us all. His relaxed demeanor puts most of us at ease. However, it must grate on some of our more solemn and serious kin. Nonetheless, his skill with blade is song-worthy, and his mind just as sharp. A firm ally to have on the battlefield if you know how to account for their close-quarters tendency.

Note:
I very much enjoy our sparring sessions. His technique is fearsome.

Emil Kannav: An inventor and a thinker, Emil is a gifted one indeed. Unifying a planet under his circumstances is no easy task. His gifts are truly awe-inspiring, but at what cost? However, I see in him a good person.

Note:
It is always interesting to talk with Emil over a cup of kafe. His ideas are truly fascinating.

Einchurt: I find Einchurt’s tactics distasteful, to say the least. His treatment of humanity is shocking and disturbing. His demeanor is as cold as an ice-world. However, he has a place amongst us. I would not call him a friend, but his role is needed, and he does it well and with pride. He deserves respect, not of a kind I would usually give, but I give it nevertheless.

Note:
I desire to speak with Einchurt in more depth after the crusade, and I am curious to see what role our father has for him after all this.

Matlalihuitl: Certainly a unique one. His powers have definitely manifested in strange ways. Nevertheless, he is a primarch, and therefore my brother.

Note:
The campaigns with the VIIth legion have always been enjoyable. Our tactics compliment each other’s.

Lambach Kropor: A good-natured brother that seems truly at one with himself, something that cannot be said for some others. His peaceful childhood is truly a blessing; I wish that I could have learned as much as he did. His balance between the martial and psychic arts is admirable. His tactics work well alongside others, particularly alongside the Silver Blades and the Titan Marchers. It is good that Lambach, Linares and Raj are so close. Companionship is a thing often overlooked, but it is as necessary as shade or water.

Note:
Our conversations regarding literature and poetry are thoroughly engaging. I shall need to put down a reminder to send him some Harrdinese philosophical scrolls

Isekho: It is a shame that my brother cannot see the world as we see it, but the way he utilises his powers to overcome his blindness is nothing short of a feat only a primarch and his space marines could achieve. His doctrines I respect as much as his values of respect and equality. It is rare that I see a legion use the pen and the word before the blade.

Note:
I am very curious to see how he experiences the deserts and oases of my homeworld. I shall take him there sometime

Yochin Theritax: A fanatic unlike I have ever seen. His drive is fearsome, but worthy of respect. I am concerned about his near-worship of our father, but his unconventional tactics are certainly unique. A driven individual.

Note:
I enjoy his softer music considerably

Zelbezis: I do not know Zelbezis particularly well. I have not had the chance of having the time to having a conversation with him. From what I hear, however, his tactics seem to speak for themselves, and a man can be discerned by their deeds. His cold and brutal tactics must stem from a cold and brutal man.

Note:
Sahir has informed me that we shall meet the XIIth legion on a joint campaign. I am curious as to how it will unfold.

Ashur: Ashur and I are very similar in some respects. Both of us are children of the caravan, and both of us are sons of the night sky and open land. We understand the good in humanity, and the love of simple pleasures. However, his love for indulgences has spread to his sons in turn, and that worries me. A rotten tree, no matter how large and glorious, will always bear bad fruit.

Note:
I need to send him some figs and spices from my gardens, as well as some honey. I think he will enjoy those

Hayden: A humble man. I thoroughly agree with his philosophies and thoughts on life, though I personally do not follow this ‘religion’, as his people are wont to do.

Note:
It would do a some good to send an envoy to my brother, perhaps one of my Aldrujan, definitely one of the more diplomatic of my guard

Gyahdred: I am curious about this brother of mine. His methods are as unconventional as they are effective; but something deeper lies within him. I cannot see what. There are rumours surrounding his legion, they surround him as well.

Note:
A talk with my brother would do us both some good. Doing so on his terms would probably be better, although I intend to bring gifts of my own people. Our tactics are surprisingly similar in a way, despite our different upbringing.

Valorn: Efficient and to the point. Important qualities in a soldier and a leader. Impeccable presentation of self and legion. His efforts to save his people have my deepest respect and admiration. I wish I had more time to get to know him and his legion, but he seems adamant on fighting in the Great Crusade alone. I see many aspects of myself in Valorn. It is a pity we are distant.

Note:
If Valorn desires it, I will give all effort in aiding him in finding his people a new home more akin to their old world rather than a hive planet after the crusade

Raj Vokar: The second brother I met. His tactics are, quite honestly, inspiring. He is a brilliant tactician and a good person. I enjoy our occasional games of regicide. He is offensive whereas I am defensive. It is humorous to see the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object on the board. I am glad I have a brother like him.

Note:
Perhaps it would be productive in opening talks between his techmarines and my own. A more durable armour pattern for my defensive companies would be most welcome.

Quastor Krees: A hardened warrior and talented leader. My brother Krees is as hard as steel and just as cold. His legionnaires are soldiers in the truest sense and are as loyal as their genesire. That I can admire.

Note:
Perhaps a joint military parade would be the way to bond with my brother. I shall suggest it to him when our paths cross.

Piter: A man of the people, the iron bear is a fearsome soldier from what I hear, and his legion is a force to be reckoned with.

Note:
Piter, Mot and Rotuken seem to be close. This may be a good thing, but I feel a sour tang to this triarch of my brothers

Mot Hadad: We were created to be leaders, not tyrants. My brother has confused the two. This both saddens and angers me.

Note:
It concerns me that I have not heard much from my brother. I should press this matter when I have time

Rokuten: My campaigns alongside Rokuten and the Ogre Legion have been some of the hardest fought I have ever experienced. We fight well enough alongside one another, but my brother seems to distance himself from me.

Note:
I have heard from my legionnaires that fighting alongside the Ogre Legion is inspiring. However, their blind fanaticism towards their primarch is concerning

>The first brother I ever saw.
Who did each primary meet first?

I think that before we can truly answer that, we'd need to finish up the discovery order.

Good stuff man. Gives lots more insight into Je'She's thoughts.

Thanks man. I'm glad you like it