Previous Thread >>53439891

Previous Thread Worm CYOA was made by 3_tankista, who probably does not browse this thread

IRC: rizon.net/chat
OOC IRC = #WMCYOA
IC IRC = #Metropolis_Streets
Discord: discord.gg/du3Xsdr
Pastebin : pastebin.com/v9N1nhm3
Google Drive : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c
Drive Drop : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5UE14QjhCQ21xTDQ?usp=sharing

RP Rules and Info Below

>Hey. I tried something like this in the CYOA thread and there was enough interest in forming teams and shit as characters I decided to make this into an entire thread on its own. Basically you use the Worm CYOA to make yourself a superhero and join a team. The goal of this thread is not to build super OP characters, but build interesting characters who would work together in teams. Compared to the regular CYOA this is a low-power game. The CYOA itself is super easy to break, so there’s a few rules to go along with it to maintain the theme of the thread, keep things balanced and prevent this thread from turning into a race to make the most OP character possible.

>The setting itself is Metropolis, a typical extra-large New York sandbox rip-off. Even though it’s all the same setting you can pick Gestation, the Golden Age or Worthless Opponent as your scenario, but it won’t mean much more than a difference in starting points. Canon characters – Contessa, Skitter, Eidolon, Glaistig Uaine, etc – don’t exist in Metropolis. Every organisation mentioned in the CYOA still exists, but with none of the canon characters in it and they are based out of Metropolis. The Protectorate and the Wards still exist, as does the PRT. The Guild is not Canadian. The Undersiders are pre-Taylor heisters. The ABB and E88 are locked in a turf war and the Merchants sell drugs to homeless people. S9 exists and you can be in it, but you’ll probably end up with a kill order on you.

>Cauldron still exists and is still a secret organisation that wants to manufacture more parahumans and take control of as many parahuman organisations as possible in preparation for fighting the Entities. Conspirators are active members of Cauldron and still get access to those sweet, sweet Cauldron powers. If you have a dead shard and you aren’t a case 53, you either stole from Cauldron or secretly work for them. If you work for them, your job is to get into a position of power within your organisation to further cauldron’s reach. If you stole from them expect Conspirators to hunt you down – or heroes working for Cauldron.

>The Birdcage exists. It is not in Metropolis, and unless stated is exactly the same as in canon – a giant guardless prison run by AIs with no way out. If you are a villain and you get caught three times or you get caught after doing something horrific you end up here til it’s time to fight the entities.

>1) Duplicate powers don’t stack. Two people with power fluctuation standing next to each other would not buff each other’s power fluctuations. This is to stop the most OP builds.
>2) You can only spend a maximum of 15 Shard points on powers. This includes the 3S it takes to upgrade a power to its second trigger. This rule is in place to stop people building characters with a million high S powers (vigilantes I’m looking at you) or who are otherwise obscenely broken – Worm parahumans are closer to being x-men than justice leaguers in power level. It also stops everyone from taking a million flaws to get ridiculous powers. We can’t all be vagrants who got kidnapped and tortured by S9 and Ziz. Conspirators are the exception to this rule – they can spend up to 20 points on powers (perks of being cauldron).

>3) No Abaddon shards or Negentropy. No-one has Abaddon shards in canon Worm and this is a low power game anyway. Negentropy is a no go because the entities lose all incentive to hand out powers if they’ve developed immortality. If you’re upset because “muh immortality” keep in mind as a parahuman you’re unlikely to live for much longer than a decade anyway (life in spandex is violent and short).
>4) No more than 3 Endbringers at a time. First come first served, and you play like canon Endbringers – you periodically show up to wreck everybody’s shit.
>5) I’m thinking of making this into a proper RP if I can find a decent place to host it. No drop-ins or gifts – let’s keep it in-character.

>A few final notes:

>Case 53 flaw x1 = you are a human with a few extra parts, like elf ears, feathers in your hair, weird pupils/irises/sclera, extra fingers etc. Think Canary from canon.

>Case 53 Flaw x2 = you are still recognisably humanoid, but not as a “human”. Think Gully or Weld from canon – you genuinely look like a monster and ordinary humans might be nervous or quick to judge you.

>Case 53 x3 = you are no longer recognisable as human. Think Garotte or Mantellum from canon. People who see you will think you’re a monster and may run screaming from you.

>Having a kill order on you means you did something truly horrific or awful, or have repeatedly shown yourself to be too dangerous to be safely apprehended by the authorities. In short, you’ve killed people and as a result there's a fuckhueg bounty on you, which anyone - from heroes to sinister villains to rule-breaking vigilantes to every yahoo with a gun - can collect on, with no questions asked an no attempts to arrest them. They just stroll into Protectorate HQ, drop off your severed head, get given their money and walk out, even if they're a wanted felon.

So how does your cape use their power in everyday life?

My capes are all (successful) Transhumanists.

Pretty much every way.

Wrathchild's power isn't very useful in normal situations, but King always has a troupe of servants to make sure he stays in comfort.

They use it to threaten everyone who isn't a blindspot. Proficiency is also good for playing any instrument.

Man, everyone talks so much about Shard Works that they miss ST Remote Transfer. Being able to teleport anything you vaguely recall the position of to anywhere you have ever been is amazing. I almost want to make a total Neet radar Tinker who just fights crime from his bedroom.

Pentecost occasionally uses her fire powers to entertain children and light the gas stove like a boss.
Or the ultimate petty criminal! Every wedding ring in the city could be theres. Every dollar bill in the till could be theres. Every coke in the vending machine. could. be. theirs. This is huge.

Nothing, because Mastering people for no reason is illegal.

Postcog is great for figuring out where you left your keys. Clothos is known to use Glimpse to read a book near instantly from an outside perspective.

>yfw realizing you should totally just break laws and join the Slaugherhouse 9

use your powers for good user
use them for good
the betterment of humanity is the path of lasting satisfaction

i think my guy is ready to be uploaded
what do you think?
anything that should be improved?

>the can't decide between Vigilante, or just starting my own hero team/group
I'm getting dropped in, and I'm an inhuman looking Case 53 with no identity, so most of the drawbacks of being a vigilante aren't too big. So someone explain me the pros and cons to either choice because I'm having a hard time choosing.

My plan is to go in, situate myself as Champion of the Docks and defend peace and justice, while also trying to destabilize things for Coil and give the Undersiders and Taylor the chance to actually get the support and guidance they need so that when Levi hits Brockton won't be completely fucked

Read the rules and info. This is set in Metropolis, this is Earth Kek, all the canon characters aren't here, Leviathan doesn't exist here instead we have Oceanus and you can't choose drop-in.

When creating low levels characters I always try to imagine how that power would affect his personality and daily life, but on the other end of the spectrum you have the endbringers themselves.

But what about someone who could get the powers of Scion? The guy who can solo all endbringers at the same time and still win?

How does it feel to have the power to easily step into another universe and then nuke earth with a single flick of your finger? Would someone at this level of power even retain his own humanity? Even if all earths came together in a desperate bid to stop you, you could still easily crush everyone, you can torture each one by one or nuke the continent, makes no difference, you can do whatever you want, no one will ever touch you.

I wonder how having the endless amount of power would feel like, what would a human feel after crushing a world like paper in his fist? Satisfaction? relief? boredom? despair? Joy? sadness?

Saving people would also feel really nice, but how long does the feeling of joy and pride lasts before turning into an obligation, something you do simply because its your duty or because you would feel guilty for having this power and not using it for good? Can you really stay human when you have the power to shatter continents and live like a god?

You're thinking about using limitless Godlike power in a limited way.

Well, I don't really intend to RP, but it seems fun to make street level characters.

Question; was it ever brought up if Temporal Leap (under Breaker) could be used to return to the same point in time multiple times? Every 5 minutes, you could merge and go back 5 minutes ago and another copy of you would be added unless your prior self who traveled back before you gets erased if you did that/you jump back into the original timeline (where you didn't time leap back) instead of the altered timeline (altered from you having time leaped into the past).

never been brought up, but technically the power doesn't say you can merge back, it says you merge back in 10 minutes or for second trigger, when one of you die

this is probably so you can't keep going back in time and there's never more than 2 of you in the same timeline

I was thinking on the Second Trigger version, actually, but you raise up an interesting point; are you completely unable to merge back together except by death with the Second Trigger version of the ability?

not sure, you can probably merge back after 10 minutes

though you can actually go back in time if you just keep killing your present self when you go back in time

time travel can get pretty crazy

Working on a sheet for ABB. Because we needed some non-Nine psychos.

Eiji Kenzaki
Cape Name: Little Boy
Gestation (15/15)
Villain
Senior Male
PRT Agent (11/15)
Bodysuit (10/15) Well usually technically armor, but that's using his powers
Strategy (5/15)
Stealth (2/15)
Investigation (0/15)

Natural Trigger (3/15)
Follower (0/15)
Voice in My Head (0/13)
Connections (-4/13)

S9 Target (1/16)
Dishonorable (4/19)

Remote Transfer (4/17)
Infinite Treasury (4/7)
ST Infinite Treasury (0/3)
Noctis Cape (0/2)
Model PRT Agent by day, crazy villain by night. A ticking time bomb in the city, for now he's content to merely crush those who openly oppose him or his masters. Hobbies include shogi, reading, and blowing up buildings from across town. Has one of the more secure secret identities around because he can use Treasury to make a body double when necessary.

Name: Jen(nifer) Walker
Cape Name: Duchess
Scenario: Gestation (15/15)
Path: Rogue
Civilian Identity: No identity (17/15)
Costume: Custom (13/15)

Skills:
-Tactics (9/15)
-Strategy (4/15)
-Investigation (2/15)

Shard: Natural Trigger (5/15)

Perks:
-Thriving Business (3/15)
-Act of Neutrality (0/15)
-Subordinates (-3/15)
-Follower (-6/15)
-Secret Lair (-8/15)
-Noctis Cape (-8/14)

Flaws:
-Memory Death (-4/14)
-Identity Reveal (-1/14)
-Worst Day Ever (1/15)

Powers:
-Genetics (1/5)
-Animorph (1/0)

Job: Product Sales

Bio-tinkers usually have a bad reputation thanks to a certain Slaughterhouse 9 member, but Duchess has managed over time to build a solid reputation as a trusted Rogue.

She sells both healing and improvements to any who have the money to pay and is also able to take more... private orders for those not totally in agreement with the law.

She usually speaks in a British accent and has a habit of always bringing her trusted bodyguard with her to any meetings.

Follower:

Name: Alice Carter
Cape Name: N/A
Scenario: Gestation (15/15)
Path: Rogue
Civilian identity: Shopkeeper (At Jen’s shop)
Costume: Custom (once she triggers) (11/15)

Skills:
-First Aid (8/15)
-Martial Arts (3/15)
-Banter (2/15)
-Parkour (0/15)
-Survival (-3/15)

Shard: Natural Trigger (0/15)

Perks:
-Second Trigger (-4/12)
-Power Slot (-4/11)
-Noctis Cape (-4/10)

Flaws:
-Humble Beginnings (1/15)

Powers:
-Proficiency (Second Trigger) (1/13)
-Glimpse (1/8)
-Presence (1/6)
-Protocols (1/5)

Alice is a childhood friend from back in England. Their friendship started when Jen stopped bullies from picking on her and ever since then she’s been following Jen around like a puppy.

Alice followed Jen to Metropolis and was there when she triggered. That’s when she decided to never let something like that happen to her friend again and became her full time bodyguard for Jen’s new business.