Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Rolled 14 (1d26)

Lorgar's theme song edition
Mechanicum Ordo Serpentes subedition

1kSons discussed dusty armour, SoS watched Equilibrium before going to the armoury and transferring to Arrakis, Drop Pods have a high entry fee and respects were paid to based Bligh. Prospero underwent some historical revisionism and Unification fluff and armies were discussed. Deathstars were taken apart by an outdated physics concept, a truly torrential onslaught of memes began and Magos Coatl has apparently founded an entire order. All this and more in the last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

ironsleet.com/2016/08/31/arch-magos-lilith-forge-queen-of-the-ring-of-iron-magos-dominus-interrogator-imperialis-the-dragons-consort/
ironsleet.com/2016/06/17/green-man-cometh/
youtube.com/watch?v=F1ona3Tgt7w
ironsleet.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So what do you expect now that French will be taking over writing the Horus Heresy for FW?

>French
FUCK JOHN "DECIMATION" FRENCH
He's an irredeemable Dornfag.
Leave it to Chris Wraigh.

Alpharius did everything wrong.

The Iron Warriors fags are going to be up in arms, as the first reply indicated. I'm not sure how this will end, but it will probably be better than ADB.

And perhaps the ALfags as well. Nice digits.

Oh yeah I forgot French gave Alpharius the Ferrus haircut. Nice digits yourself.

The Aquilon Termies remind me of Marneus Calgars model with the wings above the head and all.
I'll absolutely convert one of those sexy Custodes Termies as a Chapter Master in artificer Cataphractii armor and there's nothing you can do about it

Reposting since last thread died around when i posted

Lots of tear-stains on the pages as he cries about his dead fat bf

How much mutation was there among the traitors during mid to late heresy?

It depends on which legion, but by the time of the late heresy there were mutations all over the place except maybe in the Night Lords or at least partially in those spooks.

>I'll absolutely convert one of those sexy Custodes Termies as a Chapter Master in artificer Cataphractii armor and there's nothing you can do about it
Those Aquilon suits look too curve compared to the blockier ones in the art, so I wouldn't have a problem with that.
And aquilas protecting the back of the head do look cool, don't they?

>ironsleet.com/2016/08/31/arch-magos-lilith-forge-queen-of-the-ring-of-iron-magos-dominus-interrogator-imperialis-the-dragons-consort/
Ironsluts, awesome.

John French has experience writing games.

I never doubted of his skills. It's his stance against the legions I like what I'm questioning.

>Alpha Legion, Word Bearers, Night Lords, Iron Warriors
wow, all these upstanding, honest to god dependable Legions, how could anyone doubt their loyalties?

seriously though, the writing is really iffy at times, especially in "Know no Fear" they try to drive home the point of Astartes fighting Astartes being such sn inconcieveable thing, when you have numerous accounts of it happening before. Then you look at the Alpha Legion, being shady as fuck for their entire history, spending more time undermining imperial institutions than actually conquering anything, and I seriously have to doubt the intelligence of anyone who couldn't have seen this civil war coming. The only real surprise is the Sons of Horus turning traitor, their fellow traitor legions were all basically the scum of the Legions already, though the Luna Wolves had a 50:50 split of scum and decent people. I suppose the Ultramarines were too naive, their minds set too much on the task given to them, instead of doing shady and evil stuff like most other legions.

16th for the 16th

The Iron Warriors always obeyed, why would anyone think they'd commit treason? And the main complains about the AL was their lack of communication with other Imperial factions and the incorrect execution of compliances (only we know of their schemes, the imperials don't). How does that cry "traitor"?
>I suppose the Ultramarines were too naive
Mostly this, but only this. People from the easy places are the most innocent ones.

This arouses me

Reminder that Vlka Fenryka sounds much worse than Space Wolves and is an embarrassing addition to the fluff created by a cuck who was embarrassed by the name Space Wolves.

The same applies for "The Rout."

If you ever find yourself unironically using these terms then please neck yourself post-haste.

Holy shit, this persons lore has then turn a completely gender neutral cult into a boys club so her mary sue strawman can pull some shit and fix it. Also fucking black egyptian tribes on mars my fucking sides i cant handle this shit.

we wuz cogboyz n shiet

There is only one way to go about this. We need a techpriest Alberto Barbarossa.

Das rit, prep da bull little albino cog boi

Its black jews this time

People are going to hate my Zhou-Arkkad Magos commanding my Tson Mechanicum Allies. She's black and a woman.

You're right, I don't like it!

No, user. Don't you know everybody is a brit in 30k?
I thought that mini looks nice and that the face was a stilyzed mask.

Nah no one gives a fuck, its mostly rewriting a faction into a fucking retarded strawman just so you can make your oc a woman liberator. Mechanicum doesnt give a fuck about gender.

You know... the mastodon could've been good in 8th ed... just saying

Right now it's not good? And why does it lack a Flare shield wtf?

>everyone is a Brit in 30k
How beady are their eyes?

Idk, you tell me. Meduson is from Old Albia as well.

Nah, that means literally nothing as far as the Mechanicum is concerned. Black skin is less important than black robes because the latter means you're Xanatite and the former is a characteristic of your inferior fleshy bitz.

People are mad at that guy for inventing some weird genderised Machine Cult entirely to draw attention to all the female and persecuted Magi, because I know that otherwise nobody would give Magos Lilith a second glance over anything other than that pretty nice conversion.

Looks pretty beady to me. 100% Anglo.

>be an Iron Hand
>take a glancing sword hit in battle
>it 90% severs your left hand
>replace it with an iron hand

how convienient

Right now it's a piece of shit. Its direct contemporaries for price are a Warhound Titan and Ordinatus Sagittar, which are both a damn sight more impressive dakkawise, can actually take hits/be repaired and don't have to drive the majority of your army directly into the enemy and then possibly explode, killing half the units you paid the opportunity to shoot S:D at things to transport.

I'm sure it will be great in 7.5.

>tfw descended from saxons
Makes me glad my ancestors got to Canada and mixed with other yuro blood for a few hundred years. Still got a beard full of red and gold though, which is nice.

>Mechanicum doesn't give a fuck about gender
This.

Unless it's pic related, then they're fine with it.

With FW doing a rulebook does that mean we'll finally get to learn what Furious Assault is?

user, you know what you have to do to honor your ancestors.

>>tfw descended from saxons
>Makes me glad my ancestors got to Canada and mixed with other yuro blood for a few hundred years. Still got a beard full of red and gold though, which is nice.
Why do people post things as desperately bad as this and why is it always north americans? What is this thing you people have in your culture where who fucked who 200 years ago is believed to have some importance to anyone and why do you always say it like it's a humblebrag and people should care? Are other people from NA impressed by it, is it like telling people what car you have or something?
I've been to Canada and the USA a couple times (well a fucking leaf once) and the obsession people had with trying to relate their muh ancestors to my life was a bigger culture shock than anything else

>where you from user?
>place
>wow do you know my great great great great great great great great grand pappy knew a man who had relations in a place is that near your place
>uh no
>well I'm one quarter german and one quarter viking and the rest of me is irish which I guess is a half
>wow, your parents were from all over the world
>what no user they're all from New Jersey
>but I thought you said...never mind
>wee-haw we sure are having some crack
>...craic?
>Yessum no-one knows the crack like us Irish!

it's like talking to brain-damaged people who've only ever had an atlas to chew on in the asylum

there are some neat modes on that website tho.

I like the robo-tree people: ironsleet.com/2016/06/17/green-man-cometh/

Honestly I was just mentioning it because I'm glad I don't have beady eyes.

aw. i hoped you could unravel the mystery of the ages for me user. But i'm glad you have nice eyes.

How likely am I to get crucified with resin nails on a cross made of Angelus drafts by Chris Wraight himself for fluffing up the FnP from apothecaries as chem-inhalers and bionics/flesh grafts and not attaching apothecaries to units, removing it when the sergeant dies instead? Still taking up an elites slot of course, but treating it more like Chaos covenants from the Lost and the Damned than an attached character.

The units are fluffed as cyber-res'd legionnaires that are far stronger and more durable thanks to the artefacts hidden by the Keys of Hel, at the expense of most of their sanity and agility. Gonna run them as S/T 5 blackshields. not a waacfag I swear

>Anglos with blood-powered fortresses
Reminder Forrix was raised in Eite Mohr.

You want to add the effects of a unit's special rules without actually taking the unit as a model but still paying for it? And nominate someone of your choice to be the locii of the special rules for other rules purposes?
I only skimmed the Blackshields rules to be perfectly honest so don't know if this a thing they can do, but that seems just plain bizarre.
Why don't you want an Apoth model? Transport reasons or something?

Makes too much sense to be honest.

Scots aren't anglos

If not anglo, Scotts are at the very least drunk englishmen with dresses.

nah it's really only for fluff reasons, I tend to take 15 man squads. it's just that these medics don't exactly seem to make sense in-fluff fixing up guys who are 40% metal and 20% xenos flesh grafts. of course if my opponent isn't okay with it I'll take a more auged-up looking apothecary model or one of my biologis looking techpriest models as a count-as.

Well I guess you'd just be doing this in friendly games so it shouldn't cause any rage as long as you tell people in advance or immediately you go to unpack. Just be prepared to have to - repeatedly - explain yourself.

Though to be honest I would make a cool looking apoth conversion and make him look like a techmarine with a narthecium, that'd be pretty baller. Just say he's ruleswise an apoth, the techmarine gubbins are just there for fluff.

Well I can give some insight into things.

Honestly there's some very weird shit that I encounter at times myself. The specific example I'm thinking of at the moment was a woman I worked with several years ago who told me how he family, who moved to Canada from Germany before she was born, got a lot of shit even unto the modern day, for being German and how they were our enemy during the World Wars.

As for the general trend of people being obsessed with where their ancestors came from. I can't place it exactly but I'd have to say it's because the history of Europeans in North America is less than 500 years old, and many people's ancestors came here in the last 200 years or less (a lot of "free land out west" offers during the 1800's, and people escaping wartorn Europe in the 1900s).

So it doesn't seem too surprising that people would be a bit envious of Europe, since most all of it has long and grandious histories going back thousands of years, and want to highlight their own personal connection to it.

For what it's worth, I personally am a history buff who had a great highschool teacher on the subject that really made me interested in ancient history in particular. And as for my own genetics I consider myself "Canadian" more than anything else. If not just because one side of my family has been here for about 400 years, but also because they've basically been fucking everyone who arrived in the province after them, meaning they don't really have any deep ties to any particular European nation.

It's because America has been a melting pot for a much longer time, so the only way to maintain a sense of cultural identity is through expression and research.

There aren't exactly many positive connotations to being American, and to say you're American does not have the historical weight of other nationalities.

Looking in to your family history is usually fascinating, and it helps contribute to the notion of your feeling like the main character of your life.

Don't refer to a Scot as an English in any way at all unless you actively want to start an argument with them that will have a 50/50 change of you needing an ambulance.

Thank you both. I'd ask more but it's off-topic rambling.

Well to drag it kinda back to HH, the strayan youtubers who someone in here hates just called out Ryan the Ragequitter from Radio Free Shitters.

tbqh it's the Omegon's "I am Alpharius" part I don't like. It's a codeword.

huh, you're right, maybe I will make up a few more tech-y biologist marines

Back to the Horus Heresy. Do your Praetors have their own personal heraldry? Is it better than the heraldry of governor of Mississippi and Alabama's hat?

>that file name
Neither are glaswegians Scots

So what do folks think of the Slavdor preview that we got?

Can't wait to see the finished model, but so far he looks like he's gonna be good.

I am proud of your irrelevant nitpicking. Have you seen In The Loop?

>As for the general trend of people being obsessed with where their ancestors came from. I can't place it exactly but I'd have to say it's because the history of Europeans in North America is less than 500 years old
I'd rather say that's a white people thing. I could probably trace my roots to two different countries, but I've never bothered to.
I am of the belief that people are from wherever place they're raised.
If you have norse parents but you were raised in the Australia, then you're australian like it or not, no matter how precisely you can trace your roots to your parents' country.
That's one of the reasons why the mexican independence happened: spaniards born here felt themselves more from New Spain than form the old world and a bunch of other politicomilitar reasons.
Srry for /pol/ing the thread, have a cool pic that possibly inspired the Event Custodes' Paragon Spear, along with one of them with a Solerite Gauntlet.

Elfdor is looking pretty good. Gives me hope for Sanguinius' face.

It's a reference to this character, kek. He always starts arguments with 100% chance of everyone needing an ambulance.
youtube.com/watch?v=F1ona3Tgt7w

Didn't Ryan quit because he thought HH was going to 8th? Sounds like a bit of a dumb ass for not waiting a few weeks.

If FW's idea of beautiful is almond-face, I don't want to know what'll happen to Sanguinius. Which makes me thing, since when Valdor is supposed to be beautiful?

>it's just that these medics don't exactly seem to make sense in-fluff fixing up guys who are 40% metal and 20% xenos flesh grafts
user, what are you up to now?

>What are the Keys of Hel? They are the fires taken from the mountain. They are what should not and must not be. Only in the last days of humanity, when law has no meaning, should any think to break the locks placed upon them. These are those days.
You must damn yourself to save the Imperium, battle-brother. Cast off what's left of humanity and become a living sentinel, a fusion of steel and flesh, to protect those who still possess it. Iron within and iron without, as our brethren in the Fourth would say.

wannabe writefagging aside, they're blackshields who's schtick is basically
>sure we have legionnaires possessing shitloads of unsanctioned augmentations and a track record of taking in recruits even from the traitor legions but they passed our trials and we're loyal we swear by the emperor, cmoooon dorn... please...

You're right, they do have neat stuff. This one is Blanche's.

>not wanting emps 20th most powerful man to be handsome

I don't want his face to be made by a company that says CHEEKBONZ = handsome, no.

I'll be watching you.

The importance of immigrant communities is often discounted. When people arrived they didn't just move into the next house on the street, they moved in with their own people in their own areas. And therein they developed an odd, stereotypical attachment to their former homeland as well as an antipathy to the other immigrant communities as they struggled for jobs, space, and power in the community.

If you want to understand why Americans care so much about their heritage you have to remember that we're only 100-150 years removed from our major cities being Balkanized.

I'm not entirely sure I understand or agree with your comment, srry
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Also because FW has been crap at communicating. They took the cakes without acknowledging them or the questions on them, didn't say a thing when the 40k FAQ banned multibombing and made knight firing arcs weird, didn't FAQ all the rules that don't work well for unit entries in Inferno, and only gave us emails and website book descriptions to go on regarding the future of 30k rules while GW told us pretty much everything about 8th.

The power creep in Inferno was probably a factor, too.

Is that a pyramid, or fuckhuge door?

Yeah, not sure about their new fluffs, but otherwise I think GW is doing pretty good since Gathering Storm. Advancing the timeline, impactful (good or bad) changes in fluff, communications and announcements and so on.

Its a vertical structure, not quite a pyramid.

I imagine the imperial palace is filled with such structures like this pic which I believe is one of the levels of the sanctum imperialis and leads to the eternity gate and the golden throne.

I think it's a pyramid-like structure, for that's supposed to be the Sanctum Imperialis, the Throneroom. The stairs must be the way that leads to the Emperor.
There's another picture like this one. The one with the caption that says the Emperor still cries for mankind or something.

I think that's actually a bunch of regiments mustering for a crusade (or maybe at the end of one) somewhere.

Though either way, there's definitely no shortage of fukc hueg galleries in the Imperial Palace.

Your just mad we're leaving the eu and getting the band back together

>REEE STOP ENJOYING THINGS!

The fuck is "The Rout" supposed to be?

I think it's suppose to be their name before Russ.

That's kind of silly.

>surely we can trust these upstanding Night Lords to have our backs during this battle of Istvaan!

>ironsleet.com/
>one of the guys on there 3D printed a truscale marine core and sculpted details and added parts to make truscale marines, two months before the Primaris marines dropped.

I thought the line was
>Surely these fuckers can do something useful before Curze gets his sentence from Terra
They called whoever was nearby to help. Couldn't be picky.

>Alpha Legion did get the job done, they were just known for being incredibly sneaky and indirect about it, which ticked off a number of primarchs with much more 'direct' approaches'.
>The Word Bearers had a negative reputation, but not as being disreputable or unreliable. They were known for being zealots, slow but thorough once set to task, and their number of compliances shot up drastically in the wake of Monarchia. Honestly, the biggest complaint most of the Legions had about the Word Bearers was Lorgar himself. The other primarchs thought he was far too soft.
>Night Lords: Yeah, they were considered scum, unreliable, and honestly a potential threat. But as mentioned, they called whoever was nearby for Istvaan V, not who they'd like. Because I'm sure if the Emperor had the opportunity he would've loved to throw the Space Wolves, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, and Ultramarines at Horus.
>Iron Warriors had a reputation for being incredibly hard working and driven towards achieving the goals of the Imperium. Their strength, determination, and tenacity would've all been positive factors in the fight against Horus. However, no one else besides Horus was really aware of how bitter they were about getting all of the shitty jobs, or how autistic Peratubo was.

So, 3 out of 4 of the double-traitors at Istvaan were known to have their own quirks, sure, but not for being potential traitors or glaring issues. The Night Lords were the only one that stood out, because they had a bloody reputation on par with the World Eaters and Space Wolves.

It's their informal name for themselves. The raven guard do the same thing, they call their legion "the Unkindness."

SEND IN THE MALAGRA! PURGE! PURGE! PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!

The more I see about 8th, the more furious I am that we'll not move over to it.
A Questoris Crusade would actually be interesting to play or play against, for one.

I am going to play 8th edition. Fuck forgeworld, they could have sold a lot of new books but hey, they hate money

I'm tempted to agree. It's almost certain somebody will make a full conversion of the rules anyway.

My wild guess is that they tried to make it work (after all, they did give all their models 40k stats) but struggled with legion rules/provenances and rites of war. A lot of them relate to reserves, melée striking order, cover saves, and morale - things that have changed significantly in 8th. Maybe they ran out of room to differentiate all the current 30k armies because of those changes.

Other than morale, i do like the way 8th is looking.