Why did you choose the height you had chosen for your character?

Why did you choose the height you had chosen for your character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXQ90_dv6I8
mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/compsizes.xhtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I rolled on the table.

Yeah.

I played a 4'11 adult human once
I used it to contast his massive ego

I'm 6'0" in real life, so it's what I use for characters.

By far the worst way to do it.

I'm doing a human favored soul of Kord. I'm basing his look off of Conan so 6'2 makes sense.

Napoleon, who, despite the memes, was pretty tall for his time.

So your characters have 2" dicks then

Why do you care about character's height? I have never seen it having any importance.

youtube.com/watch?v=nXQ90_dv6I8

I always play tall characters, because I find it hard to make serious short characters. I can't really empathize with short people, so all of the short characters I play end up as caricatures that get boring fast.

DUDE
MANLET
LMAO XD

I usually play short humans on DEX, tall on STR
I like the aesthetic, makes them feel more of whatever you're going for as a dex guy. Playing a thief? Be ratlike, shifty, or not-standout. Use your small stature to squeeze into small spaces or hide better, and justify your lack of growth due to the malnutrition that typically comes with urchinhood and a life of crime. Playing a dexfighter? Fight using craftiness, misdirection and agility. Look like a swashbuckler, etc

6'1 though so not trying to defend being a manlet or anything

You sound like an asshole.
Inb4 5'11 F

I have not actually had a relationship of any sort with someone taller then me since I was a child, so I have no idea how shorter people are supposed to interact with taller people. Sorry if being tall means I'm an asshole.

Wow you're a fucking midget

Like any other interaction with people. I'm 5'5" and I don't do anything different with tall people than I would a shorter person.

Why have people suddenly become so hung up on height? Did Veeky Forums just pull a /pol/ and start contaminating other boards with manlet memes?

People treat tall people differently, especially when it's a major difference in height. A 5" difference is huge, and completely changes social dynamics.

I wanted to be not!Napoleon. So I made him very short.

I pick a height that fits their trope.

Roges are short, tanks are tall everything else is about average which is 5'9"

>so I have no idea how shorter people are supposed to interact with taller people

Give us some examples, user. Tell me more.

I have never observed that behavior in interpersonal socializing beyond some basic subconscious reactions between strangers. The biggest differences I really see is when it comes to fights otherwise it's the occasional vapid "lol he's short" that really amounts to nothing of importance.

If you have some examples beyond some basic behavioral things (like impulsive tendencies to look towards tall people for leadership) please share. I've just never seen the "completely changes social dynamics" aspect despite being about 6" below average for a male.

I like short clerics so I can hide behind my tank, or so he can carry me when I'm exhausted after spending all my healing resources

Tall people are more imposing, and are easier to take seriously. They are much more successful in business, and are generally considered more attractive. Taller people also have more expectations on them, whether they are expected to be strong, smart or charismatic.

I could have phrased that better, I mean I don't know how they feel. I can't understand what's going on in their heads as well.

Much of that is still subconscious behaviors that don't "completely change the social dynamic." I have never held higher expectations for taller people but that may be just me.

You don't actually have very much life experience do you

They don't feel any different than anybody else unless they already have some kind of complex. Tall people can have those too.

Spot the manlets.

I generally pick a height appropriate to species.

>tfw 5'8" but have 9/10 face
>realize the only people who care about height are lanklet skinnyfats from Veeky Forums
Feels good.

Go home, Veeky Forums. You shall not find any gains in this realm!

I'm tall and comfortable with it so my character is an elflet.
It's quite funny actually.

For one of two reasons:
>It was appropriate to the character.
>It was what I rolled.

The former is always what I'll default to, whenever I'm deciding something about my character's appearance. If it doesn't get across something about his personality, it doesn't get described in any detail, if it does at all.

Height should be either typical of their archetype (big, strong barbarian), or hilariously mismatched (gangly, gawky wizard).

Show me how tall are your characters.

mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/compsizes.xhtml

>I can't really empathize with short people
So if a short guy gets kicked in the balls, you feel nothing?

>feeling pain when other people get hurt
What do you think I am, a psychic?

Bullshit. I'm 6'3'', and people have always treated me like shit.

Googled for 12 year old normal height and weight.

Are you playing a boy or a girl though?

Girl (female)

Because it's average height and I don't feel that it is as important as the character's personality. Which incidentally would fit more an average-height person than a giant or a short dude.

>Did Veeky Forums just pull a /pol/ and start contaminating other boards with manlet memes?
I guess you may not know this, but all boards memes have a tendency to seep on to other boards, especially the popular ones.

Rolled 64, 61, 79 = 204 (3d100)

3d100 for height in cm

I tried to convince my GM to let me play a 8ft tall elf, but I settled for 7 5 instead

I generally go for what looks best/is appropriate for the species.
Though right now I'm playing an extremely short tiefling. Thought it'd be cute, plus she's kind of a brat so I can see her wanting people to carry her when she's tired or injured.

>playing Legend of Five Rings
>every single male character in the party has the large advantage because nobody wants to play a guy under 6 feet

I don't understand this picture. Why is a measurement of height given to a visual representation of time?

I generally use height and weight of olympic athletes. I pick the sport that fits my character the most, possibly modifying them based on the fantasy race he or she has.
This picture illustrates different options when it comes to women so you get the idea.

Why did you choose to ask so many stupid questions you cunt

Top to tip, she measures at approx 2.5m.
She is a Mermaid though, so she's rather average.

>One of these things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong

>not having empathy
That guy detectated.

If I want to be non-threatening, I usually go 173cm because that's how tall I am.

Fuck off, manlet. If you're not at leats 6', you're a 5/10 at best.

You're going to have to point it out because I'm not seeing.

Yeah, how the fuck does trampoline count as a sport?

I think he's talking about weightlifting.

I just pick a random height that's appropriate for the race I'm playing. Height has never been even slightly important in any of my campaigns. I'm currently playing an Undead rogue so I made her 5'8" to play up her skinny Undead physique.

this

Looks like typical professional weightlifter body to me. Am I missing something about it?

If only Simo Häyhä was alive today, you niggers could call him a manlet to his face.

well we have a secret handshake and I couldn't possible begin to describe the dance to a tall one

really

What the fuck does OP pic mean.
Is this some spirit science golden ratio bullshit.
Because they're trying to measure the nonlinear expansion of the universe as an angle.

He wasn't exactly a famed close range fighter.

Yeah, fucking really. You can tell by the way she is lifting weights at the Olympics.

Except that they couldn't because it would necessitate a perilous trek to the far reaches of Finland to find one shack in the endless snow and pines of the far north belonging to one man who really doesn't like trespassers.

Professional weightlifters have a completely different body type from other olympic athletes.

I mostly decide on the size of the character carefully based on ability, stat line and other factors such as age.

2 foot tall because I was playing an awakened monkey.

And has a completely different body type to the others.

I wasn't saying she wasn't an athlete or accomplished.

>mfw I can do what I like

I don't think I even have.
It's never been relevant in the game so far and the system we're in right now doesn't really make much use of it.

Secret war is on between /pol/ and Veeky Forums for control of Veeky Forums.
Frogs vs manlets.
/k/, as usual, will be mercenaries for either side.

Veeky Forums will have a hard time considering how unfit average fa/tg/uy is

>Implying /d/ would allow any other board to control its blue sibling

Is /x/ still in a a relationship with Veeky Forums?

I chose you're all 5.5 to 5.75 feet tall, the exact number doesn't fucking matter you spergs.

Pretty sure we just stopped hanging out a while ago.