Primaris Marines are said to be even MORE specialized and niche than regular marines

>Primaris Marines are said to be even MORE specialized and niche than regular marines
>lack many of a base marines tactical options
>somehow you're supposed to be able to make whole chapters of them

Is it just me or does this not sounds like Guilliman at all? His whole THING was making his Legion and Space Marines as a whole tactically flexible to handle any situation. Marines Primaris just don't match his engagement mentality, and moreover, with them being so restrictive and unflexible how the fuck are we supposed to make whole chapters of them?

When you read between the lines, they sound more and more like Thunder Warriors

They seem to be following legions in their organization. Bolter tacticals, special weapons support squad, etc.

We'll see if chapter specific ones will be different.

They are more specialized and niche on a squad by squad basis. If you had a brain, you'd realize they have plenty of options already between the bolters quads, the plasma squads, and the jetpack squads.

Each squad is more specialized, but the army as a whole is plenty tactical since every squad specialization is so different.

This is not fucking hard use your damn brain.

>somehow you're supposed to be able to make whole chapters of them

The Primaris announcement FAQ specifically mentioned that there are going to be Primaris-only chapters, you silly goose.

Do you have a screencap of that? I was under the impression they were going to be a new corps inside already existing chapters.

Well, that's pretty cut and dry clear, then. Guess I'm the dummy.

sooo they've been long time available to SM Chapters? But included only now to sell new oversized models?
GW pulling fluff from ass to push sales...
What's difference in statistics compared to standart SM?

WOw, it's like a company wants to actually make money.
And literally any new fluff is pulled from it's ass, where else would it come from?

Also did you miss the 'at the dawn of the indomitus crusade' part? Idiot.

All primaris lore is retarded ATM.
And we have to assume it's going to stay this way.

We are going to have the timeline advanced 100+ years.

Fluffwise the codex astartes and the marines as we knew them were made at a time for efficient use of power to stabilize a galaxy still reeling from the horus heresy. They've done this admirably but this was 10,000 years ago.

The Primaris was a retcon to be Girlyman's longer term solution, just he couldnt implement it until now.

The strategic priorities are on a scale far different and the imperium in an even worst shape. I imagine they need a force more tuned to the Great Crusade style fighting force rather than the marines we knew before. Primaris marines include the beefy firewarrior like marines, the orbital strike marines and the heavy plasma marines. Im sure others will be revealed in time. But it shows a specialization made for minimizing marine losses and maximizing damage and rapid conquest.

That said I still wonder that for X thousand years Cawl had essentially the most powerful force in the entire Imperium sitting in his garage. Enough to replenish existing chapters and make new ones?

At least 10 new chapters and maybe enough to fully stock 10 more means 20,000 primaris marines just floating around.

1 extra wound, their bolter has longer range and -1 AP compared to 0 for regular bolters, and they cost over double the points of a normal marine.

any new what customising options do the Intercessors have? can I give them anything or just the standard loadout?

It's their excuse for replacing the old SM models.

In time all marines will be Primaris

They don't give a shit about the fluff anymore.
Is pointless to find logic.

>That said I still wonder that for X thousand years Cawl had essentially the most powerful force in the entire Imperium sitting in his garage. Enough to replenish existing chapters and make new ones?

Sure, but the High Lords didn't have the correct paperwork to requisition them.

>That said I still wonder that for X thousand years Cawl had essentially the most powerful force in the entire Imperium sitting in his garage. Enough to replenish existing chapters and make new ones?
Calling it now, Cawl couldn't finish the Primaris Marine project until Girlyman got his dad to give him the secret Space Marine formula. Otherwise it would have just ended up like the cursed 21st founding.

Naah man Cawl is just insane and got distracted. The guys a 10,000 year old magos, even the 1,000 year old ones are fucked in the head.

Cawl/Roboute Heresy when?

Without Guilliman's say-so, it would have been taken a lot worse by the rest of the Imperium.

The chapter for those crying about primaris marines.