So, can we have a factual discussion about the new Dread? What do you like/dislike about it?

So, can we have a factual discussion about the new Dread? What do you like/dislike about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A-E1RcRvny8?t=28
youtu.be/dmK9HrlskXU?t=92
youtube.com/watch?v=lML6mnapxd8
youtu.be/cZc6cr6G2E4?t=297
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If the legs were a bit beefier then it'd be 10/10. Right now it's too top heavy for me.

Those puny legs are too frail to sustain the body. It's top heavy, and it can't look at its feet. 6/10

Admech Priest: How do we hide the xenotech origin from the Inquisition?
Cawl: Just put a skull or two on it.
Admech Priest: Brilliant!

Legs are too skinny and that rocket pod is too puny, other than that it looks pretty good.

VENERABLE BROTHER REDEMPTOR, WHY HAVE YOU SKIPPED LEG DAY?

Except that the cyclic ion blaster is a three-barreled rotary cannon and the Redemptor plasma cannon is not.

It's not like you can see his legs or pretty much anything at all.

>This is what taufags believe

>When your dick is THICCer than your legs.

It's canon.

Looks like it's wearing a diaper

Something about the proportions reminds me of Ork dreadz

i also don´t like the legs but i am pretty happy that they kept the overal style of the old dreads with the boxed upper torso

I hate its pot belly. FW did the giant dreadnought thing way better

So it's a Mazinger reference?

Forge World made three different Dreadnought variations that look great, GW tries to make something new and it looks like an abortion.

Its great, i hate FW dreads because of stupid heads they resemble overgrown marines.

I dont hate it like some its just that the Leviathan is a fucking masterpiece making it hard not to judge it poorly.

Kind of reminds of a Protectron from Fallout

I want more 1950's sci-fi robot releases for Admech. Cawl please.

It's 4/10. Would be 7/10 if legs were better.
Still nothing close to the absolute beauty of Leviathan

Do we have a stat line for them yet?

I like the design of it a lot; the legs could be a little beefier, bt other than that, it's a very nice design.

The only issue I have with it is the way it's come about.

Why do you ask for a "factual" discussion with your first sentence, and solicit people's personal preferences with the second?

hey man not everyone is native speaker of englisch

I like it. Never cared for the separate head. I prefer the sarcophagus look.

They also remind me of the walkers from Deadzone. I like them so it's cool.

I dig it. Would be nice to kitbash stuff with it especially with the Hellbrute

Oh boy. Why do people buy this shit?

Because thats just a shitposter and you took the bait. Congratz.

I like that you can clearly see it has the same old sarcophagus, just installed in a new chassis.

I hate it, I think it looks like someone looked at Ed-209 and said, "Hey, let's merge it with a 40k dreadnought and make it even more top heavy!" It looks like a medieval army could beat it because a lucky hit with a catapult will topple it.
And I know it's the skinny, long legs too, the regular dreadnought's stubby legs worked for it because it gave it a far lower center of gravity.

Give the CAD designers some slack guis.... drawing new stuff is hard... might as well just tweek someone else's work

It looks easier to knock over than the classic boxnaught, it stole guns from the Tau, and it skipped both ab and leg day.

But it does skip the dumb exposed head thing GW has been pushing since the Venerable and is pretty beefy in the torso.

6/10

>And I know it's the skinny, long legs too, the regular dreadnought's stubby legs worked for it because it gave it a far lower center of gravity.

The old Dreadnaught could literally not even walk, Mr. Mechanicu40k_Armchair-Physicist.

it looks like it is pregnant

Not a fan.
It looks like someone took the orihginal Dread design (which is a pretty great design) apart and shoved some extra bits in to fill out the space.

To me, the 40k aesthetic feels watered down as a result, which is a problem I have with a lot of the Primaris stuff.

>It looks like someone took the original Dread design

It looks nothing like the original Dread.

Do you have a point beyond semantics?

Since boxnaught = best naught, I like. Good thing they are going away from the smooth round aesthetics of the non-box naughts.

They are going absolutely insane with the scale of these things. At this rate the Primaris Landraider is going to be the size of 4 bricks.

Yes.

Dreadnaughts have been changing all the damn time just as the mysterious "40k aesthetic" someone was blabbering about here earlier.

There is nothing wrong with the new dread's design and it fits the setting much more than a useless brick that was the previous one.
The models are getting more detailed every few years, the only thing different is you and your noob ass that wasn't around when it happened last time.
Fact is, this has been the standard Dread for a while now (pic related), it just didn't start with the marines.

>Good thing they are going away from the smooth round aesthetics of the non-box naughts.
>it's a rounder version of the castaferrum

The legs look flimsy compared to the torso, teh shoulders look vulnerable, the hand looks wicked and the gattling cannon is sexy and I like the storm bolter nipples but the bulked-up armor should include the viewport

This, basically.
Design paradigms constantly change, usually every 3-4 or so.

I think it's great. Sure, there's a few minor nitpicks, but overall I think it's a better looking dreadnought than everything except the Leviathan dread. That thing is in a class all its own.

Except the boxdread has been the default for well over a decade.

And dread design paradigms changed with , which IS a boxdread, but has a different pose and your eyes excuse the shape because "mutations".

Not counting FW stuff, what dreads came out since the Hellbrute?

Fuck off Chaosfag, this is about Imperium dreads.

Space Wolf Venerable Dreadnought.

Doesn't look very much like the Hellbrute to me.
Looks like a boxdread.

So does the primaris dread, with some adjustments.
The only real difference is they widened the body into a more angular visual.
Really, the new model lines are a way for GW to bring a tighter sci-fi look to marines, a more primordial look to chaos. I bet Tau will have a stronger gundam look and Elves more sleek/bedecked.

it must be weird having a Helbrute among the Loyalists

The Space Marine video game did a decent job convincing me it could.

>Really, the new model lines are a way for GW to bring a tighter sci-fi look to marines, a more primordial look to chaos.
That's my problem. I don't much care for a tighter scifi look for Marines; there's plenty of scifi out there; I don't need 40k to go that route as well.

The point is said Hellbrute is clearly not the DoW1-era Dread and if you compare it with the Primaris one, you get an identical machine.
Chaos is responsible for the additional appendages, not the metal which is a Primaris Dread-like base.

Basically a mid-update paradox where the loyalists were still using the old design while the Chaos that got the new mini first was already using corrupted version of the new loyalist design.

>Ion cannons
>Using the same tech as plasma weapons

Taufags really are desperate for relevance.

So Chaos shrunk the dread down and changed his weapon to an earlier design?

It would be interesting if all that Tau tech the admech showed up to steal during the Damocles campaign actually amounted to something.

>implying the sculptors care about such nerd trivia

>if you compare it with the Primaris one, you get an identical machine

>Chaos is responsible for the additional appendages, not the metal which is a Primaris Dread-like base.
Are you fucking retarded? Look at that metal. It's fucking lousy with Chaos. It doesn't look anything like a Primaris dread.

>if you compare it with the Primaris one, you get an identical machine
are you fucking blind, mate

Jesus, user, if I wanted to see someone seeing conspiracies on superficial similarities, I would go to /x/.

He has to be trolling. I refuse to believe anyone can legitimately be so stupid.

>I refuse to believe anyone can legitimately be so stupid

I like everything about it except the beer belly, what were they thinking with that?

possible factor

user, Tau were the Tighter Sci-fi Look faction.

Space Marines are the Brutal Monastic Gun Knights faction. They aren't sleek and futuristic, they're chunky and covered in blessings.

>deredeo
>looks great
It looks like someone drop an anvil on a contemptor.

but it's still boxy

Sry, must have misused that word, will do better next time!

looks like wearing diaper

Looks ok for me, more important thing
CHAOS DRED in the pic!
But it looks really small....ohh boy >ib4 those stupid burgers and their hight complex.

Arms and legs are a bit too thin

Otherwise it looks good.

more like every edition, shit needs to be sold

>more important thing CHAOS DRED in the pic!
It's just an old helbrute senpai

it's borderline because it eschews in part the clunky ioM aesthetics. it's slick but IoM was to a a large degree about not giving a fuck.

My hopes and dreams.
Well now I look to decent rules for it...DESU I used dreads back in 3,5th. Defilers is were fun starts.
pls be gud pls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gudpls be gud

>I bet Tau will have a stronger gundam look
Can't wait for the RX-78-2 battlesuit

>inb4 Bear gut
Seriously though, this thing lacks the ability to turn at the pelvis/waist. considering this has been a feature of all dreads past, I feel that that is a bit of an oversight.

Thats a good point, but with proper legs and hips you can do 180 without problem. I dont see (save for urban combat) need to turn around all the time.

Those feet should not be able to keep all that bulk from toppling over, also smaller feet means that it puts more pressure on each step causing undue stress to the legs and whatever the dreadnought stands on. I could easily see this thing getting a foot stuck in concrete, snapping its knee and falling face-first.

1/144 HG gunplas are around the height of a Riptide and are over 1/6th the cost

I have no idea what to think of this, but it looks really weird to me

those aren't dreads though, they were sold as killer robots in the citadel catalogue

Its dreadnoughts from Space Crusade.

oh yeah, my bad

though, that was back when all walkers were referred to as dreadnoughts (killa kans, wraithlords), and before they established dreads as being driven by dead marines. I've never seen those things up close, so I'm not convinced they're Space Marine dreads as opposed to killer robots they just happened to call dreadnoughts.

BTW: In germany, they´re called "Cybots", which is of course a far superior term to name them.

youtu.be/A-E1RcRvny8?t=28
youtu.be/dmK9HrlskXU?t=92
youtube.com/watch?v=lML6mnapxd8
youtu.be/cZc6cr6G2E4?t=297

looks fine to me

So wait, are they putting older dreads in new bodies or are these just the new top of the line caskets for all recently fallen marinelets as part of their redundancy package?

I guess there will have been an influx of wounded marines on hometurf..

Being held up by animator magic does not change the fact the thing could never walk.
Feel free to notice how Relic animators made them move.

They rest them on one foot while the other side of the machine swings up and forward.
This works purely because it's animated as such since the other leg could never support that motion. Basically, it's floating in the air for most of the walking animation.

While it's definitely different to the old one, i overall like the more rounded topside, while not becoming eldarish. It still manages to be plates.exe while keeped a more rounded shape, kudos to the guy who made that.

Also the hand and autocannon look extremely crisp. I don't play 40k, only follow it because of the models, so i'm happy with it all.

It looks like a robotic sumo wrestler if a sumo wrestler could be toppled forward with a light tap to the back of the head.

This new lot are looking might front heavy.

Well the casket seems to be the same and the casket is what actually contains the pilot. The rest is just a robot that can be swapped out.