Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell me user, about your [STAND MASTER]. What build are you using to make him?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: Deleted

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure
docs.google.com/document/d/1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous old thread:

Challenge time: Make a music band out of the most (in)famous meme characters. Then figure out what genre of music they'd play.

I'll start with Kyras, Etan, Rory, and Lysander all playing radio-friendly alt-rock

I'll also add in Cashmere, Gamze, Quinn, and Valeriya being basically the Spice Girls

woah uh that's not what I thought would happen

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way

This is how I false medium.

>tfw filter Rory, Vult, Wist, Wubu, DHB, and any PC name from PLD or Blingmaker

What's on your crafting table, /pfg/? Any specific orders for your resident artificer? Or are (you) the artificer? Any difficulty trying to squeeze in any time to get your own projects handled?

It's like a whole new thread.

So, what do you like most about Pathfinder? I like the thick abundance of material I can work with.

A mask that turns me into a dangerous sharkgirl

I like that there's a lot of options, (even if some are landmines that'd blow you to high heaven), and that those good options give me diverse flavor and in combat tactics. I really dislike the full attack/charge meta thing, and don't super love prepared vancian, so PoW+SoP is a nice mix for me.

Hey I'm gonna be running a text game on Wednesdays.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure

Okay, I've reworked the ex-brigand idea in my head. He could be a father figure type, but that would require him to give up his life of crime in order to take care of a girl he's orphaned.

>ANOTHER FUCKING GAME

STOP.

JUST WAIT A MONTH.

I've been meaning to try out SoP. I like PoW because it really beefs up martials into something passable.

Which Ensoulment applications do you think will be the most interesting NPCs after they're rejected for the main campaign?

That isn't the previous thread, is it?

Reposting from dead thread.

>campaign is best described as “a bunch of gestalt freaks and weirdos find and destroy evil McGuffins”
>party is “leader” Blue Psion/Symbiat Gaston-wannabe, Half-Drow Bard/Old One Avowed clown, Kobold Soul Weaver/Pactmaker dickhole, and my character
>character is a female Squole Aberrant Aegis/Mitotic Warrior designed to be as ooze-like as possible in combat

>recently retrieved and destroyed SUPER EVIL MCGUFFIN, so feeling great
>head to the only bar in town that doesn’t hate us for some fun
>everyone gets wasted except me, oozes don’t like alcohol
>Half-Drow clown gets up on stage and slurs out some spectacularly unfunny Underdark jokes (“Why did the dirty surface elf fall into the pit trap? Because he couldn’t see in the dark! Then he died horribly from the spikes at the bottom.”)
>crowd boos him off the stage, elves in the crowd throw shit at him
>Half-Drow is dejected, Blue takes him to the local brothel to cheer him up
>Kobold goes along for shits and giggles, I follow to make sure they don’t do anything stupid
>walk into the brothel to see all hell breaking loose, fucking Sinspawn everywhere taking patrons and whores hostage
>most of them hold their positions next to the hostages, some of them rush us
>Blue and I surrender for the sake of the hostages, Half-Drow and Kobold are too drunk to properly fight back
>get captured and tied up by the Sinspawn, who take us to their leader

No, but it's the last thread that didn't get removed.
The actual last threads are these ones

>except it’s a ruse, most of us don’t need to move to fuck people up and I’m a fucking ooze who can’t be tied up
>big bad boss is a Lustspawn surrounded by super buff guards
>starts to monologue about how us destroying the McGuffin was the biggest mistake of our lives
>is cut off by me casually oozing out of my bonds and tentacle-slapping her across the face
>combat start, us vs Lustspawn, 3 guards and 4 regular Sinspawn
>Half-Drow gets loose and starts blasting, misses a lot because of the booze
>Kobold starts his spooky debuffing shtick on the guards
>Blue thoroughly mindfucks the guards
>Lustspawn lets loose fucking fire blasts, guards that aren’t mindfucked stab the shit out of the Kobold and the Sinspawn start munching on the Half-Drow
>I do what Aberrant Aegis’ do best and grapple/RIP AND TEAR the Lustspawn
>things go south, guards were tougher than we’d expected and the Lustspawn can apparently cast while grappled
>Kobold’s unconscious, everyone else is low
>suddenly lift the Lustspawn and chuck her out the window
>hear nasty crunching sound outside, guards start to freak out
>INTIMIDATE CHECK
>not a nat 20, but good enough to make the guards piss their pants
>mop them up and return to the main brothel area
>really low on HP, still a bunch of Sinspawn around
>hold up the heads of the guards and gurgle in fury
>Intimidate, this time is actually nat 20
>Sinspawn shit their pants and run away
>some hostages maimed, but none dead
>people hail us as heroes, help revive Kobold and offer us free “sessions” for life
>Blue and Half-Drow accept and fade to black with some whores, Kobold is disappointed at lack of reptilian whores, I’m a fucking slime monster that reproduces by division/budding so that’s not much of a reward
>session ends with me surveying the damage and realizing that the Lustspawn’s body is fucking gone
Still not sure why the Sinspawn took over a brothel, but there’s probably some plot shit behind it.

PoW is nice because it gives variety to the combat actions of martials. One of my bigger issues with SoM is that the thing seems to just facilitate psuedo-full attacks through focus cycling. HP damage is HP damage, and no matter how flavorful I do that damage, if I just stood there and only did damage for a full round, that's full attacking, and is boring as hell.

Ichabod, Mouse, Lao and Serena

SoM needs to be scrapped before it's Akashic Mysteries all over again.

it already is

Well shit. Ssalarn dials it in yet again.

PoW has its good points, but it also seems like it's balanced by people who consider a good "middle ground" to be "outdamaging a ragelancepounce barbarian on a regular basis, plus having the ability to negate attacks with impunity".

I don't know if I should feel good about this or not.

Summer's coming quick, and with that comes a lot of games my dude :^)

Errata can't come fast enough

There is literally nothing wrong with focus cycling.

Nobody had problems with psionic focus cycling.

Akashic Mysteries at least has some fun shit and a few cool archetypes, nothing I've seen from SoM so far

also comes with a lot of summer

I hate summer.

Ceraphine, and Darrin.

Rodrick would make a great antagonist

The problem is that it's boring as hell.

So their middle ground is "still vastly inferior to full casters".

Except that psionic focus has plenty of different uses with each class and build, and you aren't spamming a single combo wombo.
There's also stuff that encourages you to keep psionic focus on, rather than just cycle it for the purpose of spending it.

But also "invalidates regular martials completely", yes.

See, those are definitely problems. counters warp combat, and damage is huge. but I'll take those over boring paizo combat and trap option classes and builds.

A decent solution is to throw a lot of small hp, low ac, enemies at initiators. Their attacks will eat up counters, and they should be weak enough for 1pp martials to kill. And as a side, let the blasters feel a little cool too.

All of the characters I listed are decent apps, just not as strong as the ones I assume are going to get picked. Which one was yours?

>group A asks for expanded utility instead of higher damage
>group B screams that it's NOT MUNDANE ENOUGH and all it does is "make martials into casters"
>then group B screams because now initiators are mostly all about damage
>now group C is standing there panicking because "THE ERRATA IS GONNA RUIN IT"

PoW is fun to use but god damn is watching to community a wild ride.

Join the club, my dude.

Ichabod. I've been thinking what I could do to make him stick out more, but I feel it would be overdoing it at this point.

Ryoko could be interesting.

But cats are not useful!

I'd choose strong 3PP martials over the trap classes that are regular martials.

Filename
Accurate y/n?

I just think she'd be a versatile NPC, depending on how she's presented she could be an enemy, an opposing force with similar goals, or even an ally.

Roderick is literally an antagonist
Cornelia and Rinta can easily become 'well intentioned' antagonists
Ceraphine, Ichabod, Serena, Kino, and Niccolo all work fine as NPCs

>Left to right

Very yes.

How does she cut her legs like that with only one arm?

I really like his character and it pained me to put him on my list. I'm not exactly sure how you might make him stick out more without going to far over the top relative the the kind of tone the game is willing to bear.

She holds the razor steadily

Yes!

It's all good. In fact, I like the fierce competition.

Me on the right

Me on the left

anime was a mistake

I thought it was more like this.

What is this? It looks cute.

Concept art from a game called Paladins.

You mean like in 3.5, where a single level dip got you Pounce and Rage, another one could get you immediate action teleports to fuck over enemy attacks(and 1st level spells), and Power Attack had a bullshit amount of support that made gibbing enemies effortless?

>STRfag dick delivery system
>Slutty caster waifu
>Furry
>Punch girl
>Dark vaguely monstrous waifu
>Inappropriately asian fuccboi

Made a thing, making healsluts great again. Will be playtesting this myself in the next couple of weeks I think

>inb4 just use vitalist
This is different anons. Ended up more as a battlefield controller.

docs.google.com/document/d/1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE/edit?usp=sharing

If it can heal and not need a collective, I'll like it.

>All dat nectar and life-giving names

Bueno

Elaborate

Is it just me or could Serena's app be improved by having her need a strong mother figure? Right now a lot of her philosophy has overlap with Ceraphine (who the majority here appears to be assuming will be guaranteed a spot) particularly on existential matters of loyalty and duty to a dead empire, but tie in the motherless aspect and suddenly theres a chance for a meaningful mother-daughter tie in.

Basically

>be musclegirl
>want to be more dangerous
>bully local alchemist (sexually) into making magical items
>get magic mask
>wear magic mask, which gives shark stuff
>gives sharp teeth, STRONK muscles, and other shark stuff
>also grants +CON/CHA and a cosmetic change into a sharkgirl

Nobuddy axe me for nuthin.

Attaching yourself to a strong app might help your chances of getting in, but /pfg/ will rake your ass over the coals for trying.

That's pretty shifty, you'd be getting in solely on basis of another, better app.

We have no crafters.
But we do know a powerful sorceress who might put together a bio-mechanical replacement arm made from a conveniently fresh-severed arm of a blue dragon.

No.

I don't see it, Serena just needs to double up on her own strengths. She's probably the most classic knight available now despite the vagina.

As the player in question, I don't really see her needing a mother figure.

And I'd rather my app stand on it's own two feet and fail, than ride the coattails of another and get in.

I mean the most interesting characters should have a foil in another character or a need for something in another character, it makes party relations more fluid.

Fuck off. It's just you, dude.

Sounds fun.

Tell us how it goes.

If you want to duo app with someone, ask them to duo app. Don't jump on their character and start shilling yourself based on their popularity. It's mega-shitty.

?

I don't think you should specifically choose another character, but I think you should have room in your application for the opportunity for clear foils in personality or the like, it should be vague rather than specific in that aspect

Christ.

Flower Court needs a hero, hmm? I've got some ideas for a hero.

Question is, what kind of hero? A Roman hero would be different from an Anglo-Saxon hero would be different from a Chinese hero.

Shut up.

whats your problem dude

Just remember that you don't get to bring friends.

Any well written character should have that happening naturally
Rinta, Cornelia, Ceraphine, Giancarlo, Niccolo, Derrin, and so on all have foils built into their character because they have character.

That's the point, what kind of hero? What measure is a hero?

Yes user, that would in fact, be my point.

But the Flight Plan lists me and my friends.

>Derrin
stop shilling yourself

Derrin's a good character though, even though Disk hasn't written up the DAMN PROPER BACKSTORY.

>everyone is shilling themselves
Guess I'm like 6 people

>Unfinished

I'm everyone on /pfg/.

Its a clearly good enough, but i'm terrified of having a Jericho tier too long backstory.

I am you but stronger.

What is SoM?

Is Jericho's longer or Cornelia's
I can't tell

Both too fucking long is the answer.