Will the best chapter get some improvements lore wise in 8td edition?

Will the best chapter get some improvements lore wise in 8td edition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GVW8_lvs_vs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are the only sucessor not on Baal fighting nids. Who knows...

>Will the best chapter get some improvements
They don't get buff marines, do they?

Well, they didn't come to Baal to fight of the `Nids, the Demons and all that, so they're probably up to their ears in some serious shit somewhere noone knows where, so getting them the mariner marines would be rather tough.

Being singled out might be fortuitous, could mean they're all dead though

No.
They'll get retconned.

They will join the Tau, one last humilliation.

Considering they were the only no-shows at Baal?

Probably dead

I've heard that GW is going to 86 some canon chapters. I would not be surprised if the Lamenters, whose gimmick is being super unlucky and quite sad about it, are one of the chapters made officially dead. Hell, it's entirely plausible to read their current existing fluff as their is only that one dreadnought in the Deathwatch left.

Would that stop me from finishing my Lamenters collection? No it would not. I like the colour scheme too much.

Depends, is extinction your idea of improvement?

>Traitors
>getting something nice
I mean, maybe you could field some Bloodletters with them.

spotted the minotaur

Spotted the guy who sides with traitors and got his ass handed to him after being declared traitors to the Imperium.

>people will assume the Lamenter are dead
>Rowboat will make a new Lamenter chaoter filled with chadmarines
>chadmarines encounter the old Lamenter chapter
>hijinks ensue

Lamenters didn't die in Baal only so they could suffer some more and miss out on Bobby G's firesale.

That's not an Ultramarine.

GW has said literally everyone is getting chad marines.

Even chapters that were destroyed (scythes of the emperor) are being rebuilt with them.

Cawl must have made 100,000+ of these fags

>chadmarines tell them they are the reinforcements (just in order to avoid needless hijinks)
>everything is fine
>Lamenters Bad Luck then kicks in...

Their chad marine shipment is going to get lost in a warp storm or something probably.

Are we sure Thousand Sons are the Tzeentch's primary puppet? Because this has Tzeentch written all over it.

>ChadMenters are actually an Alpha Legion cell.
>Constantly undermining Imperium and the rest of the Chapter.
>Obscure this with consistent victories against minor threats.
>OldMenters start to rely more and more on the Primaris.
>When the ChadMenters risk discovery they throw the originals under the bus.

Hope they all die ingloriously and pointlessly, and Veeky Forums's wank over them will end.

I still think the whole NuMarines force is an alpha legion ploy.

Perfect way to infiltrate every single chapter.

Spotted the guy with no friends who's gonna get an UltraBlue Dildo (tm) shoved up his butt by Girlyman

>CSM that aren't BL or a cult legion
>being relevant

I'm sorry, but last I checked, crybabies don't get shit.

>ChadMenter AL cell disposes OldMenters
>YAY!
>Problem is that the OldMenters' Bad Luck jumped on them
>Ploys backfire spectacularly, yet they at least have enough luck to not get associated with them and hide their tracks
>Bad Luck starts to make them suffer more and more collateral damage
>At this point, ChadMenters drop the AL thing and focus on survival and being as heroic as the OldMenters
>Centuries pass and every new ChadMenter isn't an AL spy, but honestly believes that he's a successor to the OldMenters...that is if they are still around
>Status Quo is retained
>Kinda

>Chadmenters

This made me laugh far more than it should

>Chadmenters are actually alpha legion
>Things are going great, no bad luck whatsoever, in fact actually stupidly lucky, no losses, etc.
>Suddenly oldnaught sized box shows up on their doorstep
>it's Chyron
>GREETINGS YOUNGLINGS, IT IS GOOD TO SEE NEW BROTHERS TO AVENGE OUR NOBLE CHAPTER! LET US BEGIN A CRUSADE A VENGEANCE THAT WILL CRUSH THE VILE TYRANIDS IN SUCH A NOBLE FASHION THAT THE GALAXY WILL SING TALES OF OUR DEEDS FOR CENTURIES TO COME
>Chadmenters have to play along to not blow cover
>Luck starts turning south inexplicably
>The more Lamenter relics and gear they find, the worse their luck gets
>Hijinks ensue

Goddammit Veeky Forums I wasn't going to buy any chadmarines but this is too funny of an idea to pass up. I'll put the blood drop on the wrong side of the emblem or something just to seal the deal too.

I know they are BA successors but do they act like the BA in any of the traditional ways?

I'm sorry, but last time I checked, giga-assholes don't even get scraps AND shit.

>Go from serving Alpharius' plans to effectively following Omegon.

DO IT!

I blame Rogal.

For long time they were the only BA decendant that was actually inmune to the Black Rage. But then M41 happened and some of their brothers went nuts too.

Apart of having supernaturally bad luck, they used to be free from the Black Rage...until the Black Rage did manifest in the 41st Millennium among them.

We're the only canon chapter at the moment that doesn't have nu-marines. I count that as a plus

>Meet the Blood Ravens
>Knowing their reputation as Bloody Magpies, try to gift them as many relics as possible.
>Knowing the Lamnenters reputation for shitty luck, try to refuse as many as possible as not to have cursed items.
>ChadMenters sneaking objects onto BR ships.
>BRs rapidly discarding as many as possible, while attempting to resist Magpie instincts
>Cue Hijinks
>Eventually ChadMenters stranted on Planet with everything but the Kitchen Sink as their ships were "Gifted" to the Ravens.

more like
>Chadmarines tell them they are reinforcements
>Lamenters refuse stating "We haven't done enough to deserve reinforcements"
>Force Chadmarines to make they're own chapter
>Chadmarines get all tsundere and have their chapter following them around protecting them.

Yeah, i'm just waiting for them to reveal rowboat is actually alpharius

Oh shit I just realized that if Guilleman showed up and told the Lamenters they were pardoned they would probably have a mental breakdown

>Oh shit is this about the Iron Halo again
>Look we really fucked up back then too
>There's no way they've forgiven us for that
>and how can we go back, we missed the defense of Baal and everything
>And not only do you want to reinforce us, you want to give us new gear too?
>AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T TAKE IT WHEN DOES THE OTHER SHOE DROP?!?!?! WE'RE SO FUCKED.

> Lamenters forced to perform tactical retreat
> New-Lamenters and Old Lamenters both insist the other lot evacuates on Thunderhawks first while Ork army comes charging at them.
> Both chapters try to perform a heroic sacrifice for the other so they can escape.

> Entire chapter on the lookout for Ork Snipers
> NuMarines start to believe that Orks have secret marksmen trained in assassinating Marines

>The Inquisitors realise somethings up.
>ChadMenters prepare to frame originals.
>Thinking it an Inquisitorial mistake, but one they cannot correct, OldMenters willingly give themselves up while making clear the Primaris are uninvolved.
>ChadMenters at a loss to why they would do this, ask originals why.
>"We die for those we cherish"
>ChadMenters begin to understand what being a hero means.

>the day of the rope is now

TAKE THE KNOT

Literally cease your existence

Considering the Ad Mech and Gully being in cahoots the Mentors should get a few Primaris toys.

Thats some weird looking imperial fister

i feel like they would make a good buddy cop due

they team up to solve the mystery of whos stealing all the pict projectors in the sub-sector

of course once they track it down to the salamanders home world they have to put on blackface and shenanigans ensues

This is amazing

alpha legion memes are the fuckin worst.

>Guilliman has a random blubbering Lamenters Captain in a headlock, trying to cram an iron halo onto his armor
>"JUST TAKE IT YOU DOUBLE NIGGER"
>"AAAAGH! I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY!!!"

Why would they?

Nothing in the lore, but a transfer sheet so you don't have to freehand the chess board anymore.

It's not even clear they still exist. Currently they're AWOL from Shield of Baal.

I mean even if they did show up the rest would just shit on them so hard they would all die trying to show how loyal they are.

I really want to make a deathwatch army with a lamenters dreadnought just because of that story.

Please write 8th correctly so I can filter your shit, WHmong.

>Hell, it's entirely plausible to read their current existing fluff as their is only that one dreadnought in the Deathwatch left.

youtu.be/GVW8_lvs_vs

;_;7

I don't get it.

They're gonna fall to Malal.

Mentors?

If any Chapter has ties to the Ad Mech it's the Steel Confessors