How would you guys run a DOOM campaign, Veeky Forums?

How would you guys run a DOOM campaign, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/206742/Stay-Frosty
drl.chaosforge.org/wiki/DoomRL_Wiki
dandwiki.com/wiki/Doom_(5e_Campaign_Setting)
youtube.com/watch?v=fi1ly4kxWks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dark Heresy.

Everyone would be doomed. TPK at the end of every session.

3:16 Carnage with demons instead of aliens.

Make everything HUGE

With HUGE GUTS

and have he players proceed to RIP AND TEAR

You know how in jeopardy, you must answer with a question?

Well here you must declare actions with screaming.

>THIS LIFT'S HUGE. THAT MUST MEAN IT HAS HUGE PARTS. FIX AND REPAIR. FIX AND REPAIR.

Make a couple hundred pregens; use a software or something. Put #players x 1.5 on the table, let them pick the charaters they want.

They're a squad of Marines. Once they all die--they *will* all die--yuo hand out moar pregens, and they run another squad.

Ideally, each squad has lower skilla and worse equipment than the last. Eventually you're cooks and supply troops fighting with box knives and the occaisonal scavenged pistol.

I've given it some thought, and I'd use Savage Worlds and focus on the tone being somewhere between Doom 3 and Doom 2016.

The main focus of the campaign would be tactical skirmishes and its design wouldn't be entirely dissimilar to a dungeon crawl.

Actually played in one as a teenager for over a year. It was just some basic d6 system the GM game up with.

Now-a-days I'd probably just use something like Savage Worlds with the gritty damage setting rule. Or maybe something like this:
drivethrurpg.com/product/206742/Stay-Frosty

I had an idea for a Halloween campaign for CP2020 that had you being hired by a mega corporation in an attempt to cover up an incident where they opened a portal to hell.
And demons are running all over the facility and trying to escape, it's a mess.

Also a D&D 5e one where the United Alchemists College has gone mysteriously silent and you're sent in to check it out.

This'd be the system I'd run it in

Bunnies and Burrows.

Some hack of Old School D&D but players are a static level that gives them enough hit points to be brave but not enough to be reckless. The thrill is less in leveling up as it is in getting new weapons, solving puzzles, exploring maps, and killing monsters.

Blast E1M1 as loud as your speakers will go and just do what comes natural.

Get the source code and convert it to a board game.

You can even emulate the randomization, since the game use a table with random numbers that are selected in a random order, instead of normal randomization method

That sounds like it would be far easier to do with DoomRL

>Dark Heresy

...And the whole party is running as Grey Knights terminators. Bring it, chaos filth.

Well going by that here's the link to the Wiki...go nuts:
drl.chaosforge.org/wiki/DoomRL_Wiki

>1 post DOOM RPG

>Players play as DOOM Guys
>Stats are GUN, RUN, and FUN. All three start at ONE (1).
>Each turn a player choose a gun he owns and rolls its weapon die and adds his GUN. If it's a weapon other than the chainsaw he must expend ammo to do so. The result is how many GUTS POINTS (GP) worth of Demons he can kill that turn.
>Then that player may move from room to room, moving as many rooms as his RUN score. In each room, describe the demons he meets there and let him spend GP to kill any demons present.
>Instead of rolling a weapon a DOOM guy can make a FUN check (each room has a FUN die assigned to it) and add his FUN. If the check is 10 or more he finds a secret, which should be more health, ammo, armor, etc or new rooms.
>Once DOOM Guy is finished moving, all the demons not yet dead roll their attack dice. Any 1s rolled means DOOM Guy takes 1 damage.
>DOOM Guys have 10 health max and can have up to 10 armor.

Weapons:
Chainsaw 1d4 - no ammo
Pistol 1d6 - 1 bullet ammo
Shotgun 1d8 - 1 shotgun ammo
Chain Gun 1d10 - 3 bullet ammo
Super Shotgun 1d12 - 3 shotgun ammo
Plasma Rifle 2d4 - 1 energy ammo
Rail Gun 2d8 - 3 energy ammo
BFG9000 3d10 - 20 energy ammo

Demons:
Zombie 1GP - 1d10
Imp 1GP - 1d6
Lost Soul 1GP - 2d4 (always dies after attacking)
Hell Knight 2GP - 1d4
Cacodemon 3GP - 2d4
Revenant 2GP - 3d4
Mancubus 3GP - 3d4
Baron of Hell 6GP - 4d4
Cyber Demon 50GP - 10d6

2016 DOOM?

Fate Core with inventory rules/stunts for the guns

no joke, you could chain Boosts and rip and tear

there's this dandwiki.com/wiki/Doom_(5e_Campaign_Setting)

I'm assuming there is only one race, humans

depends really, one could pull full body cyborgs like Samuel Hayden under warforged rules, maybe some manner of tiefling equivalent if we wanted to stretch

what? is it good?

Using D&D for a DOOM game sounds like a very bad idea. FATE is the way to go simply for the speed and descriptive RIP AND TEAR

I made this for Savage Worlds. It was based off Doom 1 & 2. I only playtested it once.

Rescue bump

I'm testing this ASAP, will post results.

>Savage Worlds with gritty damage
>gritty damage
>not Buckets of Blood
nigga do you even Doom?

So DnD and by extension pathfinder are bad for doom, dark heresy? Deathwatch?

Some would argue it has a poetic element, given classic doom was made by DnD nerds, the old hitscan attacks even used a dice roll system to gauge hit chances

That's because dnd may have been shit but was the only game in town. We know better now

Deathwatch is a maybe

Well regardless of system I had a silly idea for an equipment item "memetic filters" it attatches to your visor interface to bit crush your view to dampen the mind altering effects of demonic symbols and other visually transmitted cognito hazards, in short makes the world look like classic doom, very handy safety net for controlling remote drones in hell

Bumping this thread is pointless, nobody cares

Memetic filters?
youtube.com/watch?v=fi1ly4kxWks

As in to filter out memetic influence

sounds like an interesting idea, how would it work, like a plus to will saves in exchange for a loss to perception?

Except for everyone else in this thread, who aren't CoDfags or Halo kiddies, noob.

Probably some homebrew based on FRAG's rules.

is the doom board game any good? im about to drop 80 of my next paycheck on a copy

if you like space hulk and modern doom, you'll like it