Anyone playing Feng Shui 2? How's it play? Better than the original?

Anyone playing Feng Shui 2? How's it play? Better than the original?

what is this, looks like shadowrun during the day

Feng Shui, Hong Kong-style action gaming with magic, martial arts, hi-tech and gonzo shit. Very fun.

the problem I have with it is that when you pick an archetype you are pretty locked into it, as each archetype has a list of abilities that are your only options for advancement. (as the game is written, it would be easy to houserule)

with the original, if you were a Kung Fu warrior or something, you could fairly easily learn a blast spell from a wizened master, but end ed doesn't easily allow that

Shadowrun if it were seen through the lens of Shadow Warrior and Rush Hour.

Really fun, actually.

Only played in a demo one shot. But damn it was fun to just go all John Woo on mooks.
I was an awakened crab warrior who was a gun nut.

I like that though; you're not playing gestalt characters, you're playing a four-colour character out of some 80's movie.

Everyman Hero looked interesting. Like playing as Jackie Chan. As an example. Of course I'm talking about the original Feng Shui.

fuck off shill shit

>likes a niche game
>is shill
I deal with enough bullshit arguing with my racist uncle. Quit being dumb.

So how's this game work? Are the mechanics good? Can I run Shadowrun on a system that isn't ass for once?

2d6, one positive, one negative, add the result to your stat and hope it's high enough to succeed. Boxcars causes something weird and crazy to happen.

The only way you'd get Shadowrun out of this would be 100% pink mohawk all the time, it's expressly designed to mimic action movies. Also get the Architects book from Revised/1e if you're going to do that.

I've always wanted to play this, but I could never find a game of it no matter how hard I tried.

Basically you roll two D6, one being a positive die and one being a negative die. You add those up and then add the result to whatever stat you were using for a roll. Sixes always explode.

The game is supposed to leave open a lot of action to description, and the GM is supposed to reward players for good descriptions of action with experience.

First edition uses a a turn tracking system wherein every single action counts you down on this timer. The GM calls out spots on the timer, and whenever a player has an action they call out and tell what they want to do, resolve it, and then move further down on the timer. Each kind of action you can take moves you down different amounts, and some defensive options move you down outside of your turn. Eventually everyone reaches zero and the clock is reset.

When you make a character you choose an archetype. In 2nd edition that's it, unless you start out at a higher level (or with more points, it's been a while since I read the book). In 1st edition you get some points to customize your character.

Different archetypes have access to different schticks, which range in what they do from "feats" to spells to special attacks. There are a few schools of special schticks, including Kung-Fu (which advances through what are basically skill trees), more typical magic, gun schticks, magical animal schticks (powers and kung-fu for people who are basically otherkin), magitech cyborg enhancements, and monster powers. There is no balance to first edition, and some schticks are of limited use. Same with archetypes really.

(continued)

First edition in my experience suffered from the fact that in most combat situations your character winds up always rolling using their highest ranked combat skill for everything. Offense, defense, schticks, all of them wind up using the same skill unless for some reason your martial artist needs to shoot someone or your guy with a gun runs out of bullets. While use of schticks can keep combat interesting, it does seem a bit much that one skill winds up being so important, and that for most enemies the GM runs you can basically just give one number, give them a weapon some powers, and call it day. 2nd edition split offense and defense into separate skills, so there's slightly more variety, but most archetypes start off with both of these being equal anyway.

>The only way you'd get Shadowrun out of this would be 100% pink mohawk all the time
So exactly like Shadowrun, then

Of course. I just had to make sure, sometimes you get those strange people who don't want to blast people out of a window with an assault cannon for some reason.

what purpose do augmented nipples serve

Are aesthetics a purpose?

So that you never misplace them, obviously!

>augmented nipples

Laser nipples, what else.

In a game of FS, he'd fit right in.

Anywhere to find a higher res version of this pic?

You can. There's less multi-dipping than SR can let you do--a gun guy is mostly a gun guy as long as he goes, a cyborg is a cyborg for a long time--so it would feel more like Shadowrun with classes. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since SR players tend to make their characters specialize anyway.

People in FS2 can do more. A gun guy can brawl, things like that. Mages can defend themselves, and there are a few really neat flavors. Time-travelers are totally a thing a-la old '80s wuxia films. The only thing you'll really miss out on is deckers/hackers from what I remember. I don't remember any archetypes that let you do hacker stuff.