Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

I made an art edition

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Transonic Blades. (embed)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

First for Inquisition leaks

Second for GSCB

Everybody place your bets.

Here's some new Knight Titan values.

Ok guys, here are the points cost of current Imperial Knights versus new Imperial Knights accounting for all the smaller guns they are equipped with (i.e. a Paladin has two Heavy Stubbers) EDIT: Fixed a few mistakes, I forgot to count the Reaper Chainswords for some of the variants and somehow pointed Gallants higher than the others

Universal for all -
OLD *Add +5 points to replace a Heavy Stubber with a Meltagun
NEW *Add +17 points to replace a Heavy Stubber with a Meltagun (but you don't pay for the original Heavy Stubber being replaced, so it's more like +13 points)

Crusader OLD - 425 (with Thermal Cannon)
Crusader OLD - 430 (with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon)
Crusader NEW - 512 (with Thermal Cannon)
Crusader NEW - 540 (with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon)

Errant OLD - 370
Errant NEW - 430

Gallant OLD - 325
Gallant NEW - 389

Paladin OLD - 375
Paladin NEW - 458

Warden OLD - 375
Warden NEW - 466

Thunderstrike Gauntlets are only 5 points more expensive than Reaper Chainswords now as opposed to 10 points more expensive.

Now, as for those top-mounted guns...

Ironstorm Missile Pod OLD - 30
Ironstorm Missile Pod NEW - 16

Stormspear Rocket Pod OLD - 40
Stormspear Rocket Pod NEW - 45

Twin Icarus Autocannon OLD - 35
Twin Icarus Autocannon NEW - 30

Off DakkaDakka.

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition

First for Sisters leaks are a guerrilla marketing ploy to generate hype for plastic models.

desu I'd consider sisters if they weren't all ancient and expensive metal models

>That fake hype for Orks

based on rumours+leaks, it's not looking "balanced" at all

>CSM that high
>orks that high

Any one have leaks for the universal rules like fly?

compare them to the shit we've heard about the others

i hope im proven wrong, i genuinely do

You sure it's CSM? Or could it be Daemons?

It sure as shit ain't Tzeentch daemons.

Apparently Penitent Engines are a breakout profile. According to math (though I haven't seen the work on it) a squadron can, on average, tear down the toughest units in the game on a charge, including Imperial Knights.
We don't have leaks on most of what you've put in the "shit tier." Those would have to be placed to the side until we get them.

Do people think sternguard with combi-weapons will still be competitive?

Still no Daemon leaks :(

Can you hear it, brooders? the melodious screaming from the heavens?

I meant the CSM being decent tier, as they deliberately revealed nothing in the article, and everything that's been leaked has been the same or worse

wtf i like khorne now

What do you think should be left to the side? If you have paint or something I'm interested to see how Veeky Forums is thinking so far.

there are no universal rules. Fly is addressed specifically in the movement phase core rules, and otherwise has no other effects.

So fucking annoying.
Does fight twice mean:
activate twice in the phase
Or
Fight twice in one activation.

>Can you show your work on that math? I mean, I know those stats were impressive, but I didn't think they were breakout impressive. They still aren't the most durable of platforms, but I'd like to see how they compare to similar walkers like the Ironstrider or Dreadnoughts.
>That said, I'd love one on my Kill Team, though I'd consider converting one rather than having to deal with the metal, although I definitely could deal with it.

Sure. 3 Penitent Engines (285 points, incidentally). 12 Attacks. Desperate for Redemption resolves immediately after you attack, before the fucker you charged gets to do anything. Desperate for Redemption is a single roll for all 3 Engines, so you can spend 1 Command Point to turn getting it into a 75% chance. This averages out to 21 Swings.

Hitting on 3+ with a free Re-roll from Zealot gives 18.7 hits. Strength 10 against Toughness 8 means 12.5 Wounds. AP -3 turns 2+ unto 5+, the same Invul save Knights have anyway. 8.3 Unsaved Wounds. And Penitent Engines deal 3 damage a swing, making that a final averaged damage total of 25 wounds as your Engines kneecap the knight and eat the pilot.

(reposting cause I wont give up on my girls JUST yet)
I'm waiting to learn more about allies and whether vehicles remain as terrain after death/if vehicles block all line of sight, first.

I'm quite enamoured with the idea of Dominion/Retributor party rhinos carrying TEN special/heavy weapons each, especially with the free move dominions grant their transport.

Celestine being mandatory is annoying, but giving Celestine an act of faith, and then Celestine giving Seraphim an act of faith, to put them both in melee turn 1 is a hell of a distraction/meatgrinder to let Retributors build up momentum.

And Death Cult Assassins/Penitent Engines are actually pretty fucking scary if you can get them in close.

Fucking A. Any more of these? Been waiting for more CSM leaks for ages.

>tyranids
>not in top
>with their 87 point carnifexes, 22 point LW+BS warriors and 12 point genestealers
>not to mention their pants on head retarded 40 point zoanthropes that will literally blast absolutely everything down with their unlimited mortal wounds, while regenerating for every wound inflicted.

Guard and Imperial Agents report in. T3 is love.

So the correct answer is to give every Berserker a Chainsword and Chainaxe, right?

>4 chainaxe attacks, 2 chainsword attacks

Maybe give the champ a power weapon to take advantage of 4 attacks, but still, that's looking really scary, especially if they're what, 16 points?

>fights TWICE each turn
>str 6 with chainaxes
>2 attacks each BASE
>massive points reduction
oh yes

Think it's going to be mostly balanced

Plastic Sisters will definitely be announced soon.
They surely cannot continue to tease us.

Rule of One.

Tyranids are in the top spot user...

So far, haven't seen any Skitcanicus, Dark Angels, Craftworld Eldar, Harlequins, Daemons, or Grey Knights. Maybe some I'm missing, too.

These should be left out of the running until their results are in.

you can move wherever and over models, can't stop on them

can disengage from combat without penalties

units flying fast (jets, monstrous flyers etc.) have a -1 to be hit, can only get charged by units with fly, have a respective minimum and maximum movement characteristic and can only pivot up to 90 before moving; bringing down flyers doesn't seem to exist, flyers forced to move out of the field are considered destroyed.

>can fight twice in each Fight phase
What else could that mean?

Wait holy shit is this new Karl kopinski art for 40k? It's been years since GW commissioned anything from him

Did he used to have an anti-psyker rule?

REEEE GIVE ME GUARD RULES

Is that black templars I see? I thought they were rolled into regular Space marine rules

That is some sexy mathematics of destruction on those Penitent Engines. I might just have to get one.

>Go out skating with a m8 for 3 hours
>even hang out a bit longer, we got a cheeky Nandos
>the only thing that has "leaked" for DE is that we're looking cheaper than ever
DE leaks would literally make this a 9/10

I want to fit a 10 man Mandrake squad, and maybe a Jetfighter into this list

Is it true custodes are immune to mortal wound effects?

>REEEE
That will be the battlecry of my guard regiment. Affix bayonets! RREEEEE!

REEEEE THEY NERFED HIM AND MADE HIM MORE POINTS

Well, guess we have Daemons, now. I think I forgot Astra Militarum, though.

that's genestealercult user
tyranid symbol is two genestealer cult symbols down in shit tier.

>Roll 1d6, if the result is a number, your opponent wins.

>Rule of One.
>what is smite
it's just a special rule tht turns it into a killier version, that's the power of the zoans

Feels good to know I have 2 still unbuilt.

>Don't REEEEE
>$250 Penalty

>Rule of One.
It's a special rule for their smite, everyone can cast smite all the time user

On the other hand, S6 can wound a lot more targets than before.

Nice, keep em coming. I want to see if CSM can take a chainsword and keep their bolter at the same time.
>also chosen

that doesn't look like kopinski to me

I believe it's paul dainton based on the coloring of things far away and the composition but I might be wrong

>Wah wah wah the new psychic phase, the new psychic phase!
>my Tzeentch daemons...

I
NEED
DARK ELDAR
LEAKS

Any Eldar leaks yet lads?

Need to know wether to take 20 Banshees or 30.

And Jane Zar too.

>8 points more
>lower strength
>less attacks
>no anti-psyker rule
feels bad
i'd be happy if they made his buff extend to 6"

Keep in mind he essentially has 12 attacks now at STR 6 AP-4 and D3 damage

He'll actually do 6.67 damage to a knight and any T4/T5 4++ marine characters on a charge, not bad

This.

>88
>potential strength 7 on the charge with chainaxes
>which by the way aren't garbage anymore
>fights TWICE
>Generates additional hits on 6s against imperium units

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Dangt I looked at the faces and got excited

I miss Karl

The language of the alternative activations for the fight phase rules say "choose unit to fight with". So you can choose them to fight twice. The rule doesn't change how they fight though. So each time they fight it's one normal complement of attacks.

Psykers are shit nowadays anyway, and he does get to attack twice.

Keep in mind he only has to be within 1" of one model for the entire unit to get his buff

Fellow Archon - what are you hoping for 8th?
I've already said i want viable Mandrakes and cheaper overall units

and the Return of Duke

You'll take your deviantart freelance commissioned artists and you'll like it!

So are 8e Tau the new 7e Orks and Nids? Do I get to play fun casual matches as Tau now?

>320 base cost
>~90 per main gun, 30 for a reaper, 4 for a stubber, ~30 for a secondary gun
That's a pretty massive increase in cost. I wonder what the new average game size will be. I don't see myself fielding five knights at the average 2k game like I used to.

ahh shit, i missed the distinction between "units" and "models"
I suppose with that and i'm not too displeased, especially as berzerkers got a flat buff

Why are Tau shit now? Because they are no longer God Kings of the universe?

I think that points cost is too low, you haven't added the points for its two heavy flamers.

Unless I'm wrong and they're included in the penitent blades or whatever they're called, but I don't think they are.

I'm honestly not sure, just going off of these rating lists with Tau in their own category at the bottom. The leak looked decently balanced to me.

Show us on the doll where the Tzeentchians touched you

(Not that Archon)

More firepower
More speed
Some defenses that are not cover based

Here's my predictions.

Fuck your idiocy, Tau are actually going to be pretty decent.

havent seen any of the leaks or community site reveals for a week or so, are kroot their own army yet? or should i just give in and start a guard army

Honestly though I dont think Tau will be worse than orks or IG

nurgle plz

ITT: Evaluating races without having played a single game

They are not. But you can now have units of htem in Troops, Elites and Fast Attack.

Convert a Kroot in a battlesuit as your commander and BAM full kroot army.

Not quite. The Shaper is an Elite instead of an HQ, so you would need to take an Ethereal or something. Even then, not great as a standalone force due to a lack of heavy weapons.

It's kind of like trying to play Scions, but weirder. more unit options than before at least.

Rerolling all hits for nearby world eaters and fighting twice are some pretty significant buffs

I need Imp. Guard leaks. Please user.

Kroot can be fielded on their own. However, you only have carnivores for troops, a shaper for hq, hounds for fast, and krootox riders for heavy. They aren't their own book, but can be their own army if you want them to be.

>Looks like we're getting it
>Looks like we're getting it
>Movement based Invul would be sick
All Archons are welcome here - except those Ynnari cuckolds

What do Tzeentch players have to be excited about, user? Most sane people aren't mad that summoning is dead. We're mad because the new tzeentch powers are terrible and most of our army is now an unfluffy smite dispenser, which is also terrible.

> Implying anyone on Veeky Forums actually plays 40k

Me too. After seeing everyone else's army I'm starting to think we won't be so good anymore. I was so happy at the start.

Where are the guard leaks???

Need to know how platoons work!

It's just memesters feeding off the infinite well of blueberry salt.

So are SOB worse now or what?