Post games that went wrong, are dead or never hit your area at all

Post games that went wrong, are dead or never hit your area at all.
Pic related - always wanted to try it but I have never saw anyone playing it in any LGS and I'm living in 200k people city with 4 thriving LGSs and few gaming-bars. Even the regional FB groups are pretty dead.

I could post every RPG that isn't D&D or DSA, but that seems rather pointless.

No loss, OP. DM could have been ok, but Wizkids stuffed it with bloat and shit quality control instead of making it more playable.

What was even the point of this game?

Why is spidey so obese in this picture?

He is a big guy

Mind to tell more what went wrong? I heard that DnD sets are actually playable

Long long dead.

r.i.p.

I ended up using the dice as tokens for other tabletops/mtg

Oh well.

THe feels. I still have several decks, and memories of tournaments.

It was a great game too, not just an LoTR one. Almost more like a strategy game than a CCG.

Force of will and star wars destiny
I can't find either around me, well OK I can somewhat find destiny to buy if it's like the third Tuesday on a full moon or something...

Fucking Palladium ruins everything.

ded

picked up some of these and played in a tournament a few times. Problem is it went tourneyfag/WAAC-only pretty quick in my area and immediately died. Lots of folks wanted to play a fun little casual dice game with super heroes but it went south fast when a couple sperglords started shitting up the budding scene.

Kind of a shame, it was fun while it lasted

Too man sets too quickly.

Too many worthless cards for tournament play.

Top tier cards were out of print and going for obscene prices.

OTP kits were too expensive for stores to carry with the small player base.

When they say Super Rare, they meant it. 1-2 per 100 booster packs.

It's sad, but I liked the game. I quit with Deadpool because at that point it was too expensive to keep up.

This one hurts. I have every piece now, and wish to god I had someone to play with.

God knows I'm still trying, but the way generatiins switch makes it quite absurd to try upgrading a deck when that particular edition has expired.

Not much cooler than using old Iceman dice to mark permanents that don't untap.

The card art was amazing. I liked the game, although it was a bit too complicated for its won good, but that card art made me buy cards even if I ended not playing it.

Weird, flawed.
The really weird thing is after the TSR purchase the creators went independent and kept making them for a decade. Or trying to, anyway.

Everyone kept on saying: "It's gonna be yuge, it's gonna be bigger than Magic." Pfff

Dice Masters was okay. I preferred the original (Pic Related) with the discs. I bought in way too much, though... Thousands of dollars, and no one even remembers this game anymore.

Mage Knight, anyone?

In Australia kids have been getting these in some sort of spend X dollars at a supermarket and get a booster pack promotion

I've got a couple of crackers.

The first is by a pretty unknown company, you probably never heard of them, its only Privateer Press

Monsterpocalypse

Jesus Christ i wish this game took off.

And yet its features are a shopping list of failed ideas;
>blind monster and unit booster packs
>pre painted, some good, some trash (looking at you Ultracorp)
>fold out game mats, that are literally double sided paper. So creases, stains, rips, you name it the whole lot plague you
>skills and stars represented by icons which you then quick reference on a faction sheet...where some icons are so similar or tiny that you mix up abilities all the fucking time

In my area it has more players than pokemon TCG sadly

Hell blind boosters alone killed MonPoc (why is my giant robot t-rex fighting alongside an air elemental, a cuthulu monster, a mole man looking thing, and a prototype stealth fighter...) similar to the problem Horrorclix had;

>factions are spread too thin. If a booster contains 4 models, your chances of them being all zombies / werewolves / vampires / whatever the fuck are nil.
>"but its okay! It's a collectible game! You can trade models with your friends or do drafts!"
>or they just poorly shoe horn in a reason why all these random things would fight together.

Anyone remeber this?

I remember the show

I played the card game a bit in middle school, It was alright. Each player had 6 creatures on each side of the board, you had the option to equip them with "gear" that gave them a stat boost or some special ability.
When a player attacked another creature, the active player revealed a card called a "location" that had an effect on the creatures, their attacks, or whatever (think the planechase cards from MTG). The players would use decks of attack cards that meshed with tge creature's stats.

Fuck, that's sad. I want to try it so bad but I know that I can spend this money on something that I can actually play in LGS

You'd typically win by defeating all the other opponent's creatures in combat.
Each creature had slight variations in its stat block (even duplicates of the same card from the same set) and each card had its own serial number, theoretically increasing tradability of cards.

I do remember the foiling on many of the cards peeling off very easily, due to the fact that I had no idea what sleeves were. I'd show pics, but my cards got lost or were thrown away some time ago.

The game died out due to 4Kids' shitty marketing, which is a bit sad, as I thought this game had some potential.