Stand behind me, Brother! I will shield you with my bigness!

Stand behind me, Brother! I will shield you with my bigness!

Oh boy another 8th edition shitposting thread.

KYS your smurf dick sucking tard

Please take care to include 40K so your threads are filterable.

No fuck you.

I like the idea of advancing the story. I even the like the idea of Guilliman showing up and reforming the imperium.

I dislike space marine space marines though, just because it makes the regular space marines seem worthless now. Really, Guilliman should have just overseen a new founding.

Realistically though even without the geneseed it's inevitable that you'd have new armor and bolters the moment he told the admech to unfuck itself. The only question was ever how numarines would be introduced.

Don't they have a general for this shit?

I agree with all your points, I even find the fluff explanation for the new marines non-offensive. But if they just said that the old marines got new armor and a geneseed upgrade I would have been just as happy. (I just love the new helmets)

> I even the like the idea of Guilliman showing up and reforming the imperium.
He tried it once and it didn't work. What makes you think it'll go down better this time?

Not to mention that it was such a fucking hack asspull. The Primarchs should've all stayed gone.

The 'new' helmets are basically just Mk. IV Maximus helmets.

Thank you, honorable battle-brother!

I think the classic helmet should never change
Its just as much a part of the iconic Space Marine appearance as the giant-ass pauldrons

Agreed. Beak or death.

So are the hundreds of SM minis i have now essentially useless with the chad marines?

No. New marines cost more to compensate for their advantages, so it's a strategic choice between the two.

>Mini-Marine gets on the Primaris' shoulders
>Sister of Battle gets on Mini-Marines shoulders
>Stormtrooper gets on SoB's Shoulder

AND THUS, THE 'GUILLIMAN'S TOWER' FORMATION WAS CREATED.

I would have been fine with a new armor mark, and a new bolter, new weapons, new vehicles/dreads, new everything

but bigger, better space marines are just gay

I am ok with this

>asspull
>most of the primarchs HEAVILY hinted at CONSTANTLY at being "disappeared" or "in stasis"

Yes, throw in the trash those manlets

>He tried it once and it didn't work. What makes you think it'll go down better this time?

the same reason primaris will be immune to chaos : no matter if it "makes sense" in-universe, its GW writers who shape it.

then a ratling sniper on the storm trooper and then a servo skull with a flamer on top of the ratling

damn, those GW employee really get up early for their daily shilling

>He tried it once and it didn't work
He sorta ended up shanked not that long after, he really only got the Imperium back up and running, barely.
He would have needed to unfuck the Admech, never had a chance, and the High Lords went full neet. The Nova Terre incident was what really sent shit sideways.

this

I think they're sexy, and with Girlyman handing them out like candy to the nearly destroyed chapters it lets some of the more based chapters like the Marines Errant get back into the game.

Primaris Marines in general (or Intercessors, anyway) just look like a compilation of best-selling Marine Marks from the last 2 years. Mk IV heads because Calth was a hit, slightly retooled Mk VIII almost everything because people loved the new Deathwatch kits, and Sigmarine (basically Marines, right?) kneepads because GW forced Stormcasts down everybody's throats after AoS launched.

Inceptors, on the other hand, look like they were made when the sculptor for Intercessors watched too many newer Gundam episodes, and the Gravis Captain just needs to lay off the snacks.

Meh, Mk VII has always been the least interesting Mark to me. I'm glad to see Primaris using something else, even if it is just Mk IV mixed with the "ears" of Jes Goodwin's original Mk VIII concept art.

Also, not that anyone really cares, I actually don't mind the Mk X Tacticus design, despite how uninspired it is.

This is why I hope the rumours about retconning Sanguinius' death turn out to be bullshit. There are six potentially living loyalist Primarchs they could bring back, so why bring back one of the two that are confirmed to be dead? It would fuck with the Blood Angels' whole backstory and Black Rage gimmick.

Then again, GW and BL aren't strangers to invalidating a tragic death in order to pander to fans (see: Loken), so I wouldn't put this past them.

It's a cool, generic, "this is what a Space Marine looks like," sort of model. The visual language is all very on point with no ambiguity about it. Would that it carried through the rest of the range.

>Would that it carried through the rest of the range.
shame about the dreadnought

so close to being good, but they bungled it

The aesthetic of that Dread is all over the place. The curviness of the leg armour just doesn't fit with the boxy torso armour. It's like they felt like they needed to sum up the box-Dreads, Contemptor, Rogue Trader Dreads, and Dreadknight in a single model, without worrying about whether the result is actually good.

The way they dealt with the sarcophagus was actually kind of clever though, even if they aesthetically bungled it. If you think about it, having the standard box-Dread sarcophagus visible under the frontal armour explains where these Primaris Dreads' occupants are coming from. They're literally just taking the sarcophagi from the box-Dreads, installing them in these new ones, and giving them some extra frontal shielding.

not confirmed dead. its basically Jesus confirmed fatally wounded and put in a regenerative gold sarcophagus.

Exactly why I (think I) like it. Plus, it manages to pull off the distinctive Space Marine design without the lame "hurr durr angry stormtrooper lol" Mk VII helmet, which is a plus.

Yep. It's a cute detail.

The legs and shoulders are a fucking mess, however. Potentially salvageable, but I'm not going to drop eighty or so bones on a model I have to remake entire sections of.

I don't play the tabletop game so this may seem like a stupid question, but are you able to just use the old dreadnaughts and just say that they are the new ones?

separate profiles for the old dreadnoughts and new one

I just won't buy it, because aesthetics are more important to me than anything else

They're different patterns with different rules. You dont have to use the new ones, you can stick with the box or even go to FW and sell your firstborn for a Leviathan

So. . .its a realscale Space Marine?

>1 year irl time
>EMPEROR returns
>pimp slaps girlyman
> creates nu-nu marines
>Even biggerer and spacier and marinier than primaris.
>Wallets explode everywhere.

For now. Scale creep will take care of that.

The story of the HH has said he was well and truly murdered by Horus, ever since 1st/2nd edition. I'm not aware of that being changed.

And a corpse shoved in a regenerating coffin is still a corpse, as far as I'm concerned.

Not only what and said, but the nu-Dread is noticeably larger than the current Dreadnoughts.

Pic related, comparing it to the Chaos Marine Helbrute, which is about typical Dread-size.

Oh, that's what the new dreads look like? That's not too bad, a bit too clean though...

That isn't even the best helmets.
MkVI Corvus have way better auto-senses and the same level of head protection

I bet all the seals and insignias would be sold separately

The High Marshall is indeed a jerk. She's perfect.

So the celestial lions will be reborn?

All the Primaris Marines sent to the Lions will be found dead with gunshots to the head. Ork snipers will be blamed.

They will never get a chance to rebuild their chapter.
There is only 5 or 10 left. 990 numarines is a new culture and chapter.

They're a bit too clean because they're essentially factory new user.

Woudn`t you buy nu-numarines made by the reborn Emperor? CĀ“mon user.
Not to buy them would be the highest heresy.