Fallen angels are all over the place, but what about Risen Demons? Can they even serve good without dying?

Fallen angels are all over the place, but what about Risen Demons? Can they even serve good without dying?
I mean they can't even touch holy stuff without burning. Does that go away as they redeem themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

torment.wikia.com/wiki/Fall-from-Grace
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>spawn
>hellboy
>countless animes
Depends on the setting

Aren't demons just fallen angels in the first place?
Wouldn't that be a risen fallen angel? Or just an angel?

Purifying semen

torment.wikia.com/wiki/Fall-from-Grace

In the game I'm in every supernatural creature is a "demon". Therefore, how much they're affected by holy symbols depends on their standing with the god in question.

>Fallen angels are all over the place, but what about Risen Demons?
It should be very rare, even in just the attempt.
True redemption should be exceedingly difficult.
Breaking is always easier than mending.

>Can they even serve good without dying?
Often, yeah.
But the more they do, the more enemies they make and most agents of good will still see them as enemies.
So it's pretty dangerous.

>I mean they can't even touch holy stuff without burning. Does that go away as they redeem themselves?
I would say no.
Not until they are finally fully redeemed would they pass the threshold and physically transform so that they are no longer "unholy".
Redemption is not really a grey area.
You are either fallen and trying to redeem yourself, or redeemed.
You don't get a three month chip for being "partially redeemed".
Any demon serious about redemption would understand that, too.

And when you've done too much evil to ever be redeemed, you spend the rest of your existence trying anyway.

>but what about Risen Demons?
Redeemed succubi are all over the place. But they're only "redeemed" because some pussybeggar paladin wants to stick his dick in them.

>I mean they can't even touch holy stuff without burning. Does that go away as they redeem themselves?
If they function the same way as fallen angels, then yes.

>But they're only "redeemed" because some pussybeggar paladin wants to stick his dick in them.
>Not fucking the evil out of a succubi.

I'd agree if we were talking about humans, but angels might be able to switch their feathery wings and halo in for bat wings and horns and then go back to the feathers again at the drop of a hat.

That's kind of a good point. Wouldn't that just be an unfallen angel or a redeemed one?

I can see what you mean, but there should still be some sort of significant event to trigger the shift and permit the oscillating allegiance.

i did really like how that one pathfinder adventure did it with the seccubus, it wasn't just "oh hey good seems pretty sweet" she was sucking lifeforce a sleeping priestess of the goddess of dreams and thought it would be amusing to poke around in her head to see what all that silly devine dream stuff was only to come face to face with the goddess who was seeing why a favorite follower was having nightmares and looking into the eyes of a good older than the stars (PF lore states Desna is one of the oldest gods) sort of reverse-lovecraft mindfucked her.
Even then part of the campagin is you helping her earn her redemption not just saying "yeah she good now"

I'd be curious to see the idea done with the less... pleasing of demons or devils. Its easy to imagine the sexy secubutt turned by lawful good dickings but what about some hulking hell warrior becoming a paladin's deciple to understand his strength or some such.

> Demon get cursed with empathy.
> He can no longer ignore, even less revel in, destruction/cruelty/whatever he (and ultimately others) cause.
> It's even harsher to him since all those things are new to him.
> Try to get rid of the curse, but the only way to act he know is through acts he can no longer tolerate. He can't go back.
> Try to flee from everything and everyone, but he's no longer safe from guilt. He can't go away.
Trapped for good!

It depends on whether all demons are fallen angels or if only first generation ones were fallen angels. The question is whether or not demons make more demons, if so then those demons made by other demons would not be fallen angels.

What makes you think they would be? Angels based on Abrahamic mythology and tradition literally could not be redeemed. There are fallen angels described in the Lesser Keys of Solomon as desiring to join with God again and their redemption could take thousands of years if it is even possible (the text often implies that their redemption is not possible.).
Falling is as simple as losing God's approval, and gaining it back again has never been an easy task.

user he responded to here.
I took it angels being simpler, more polar, and less complicated to redeem than humans.

I've been playing with a setting where Angels act as the servants of the good gods are always Lawful-Good, and demons typically cover the Evil range under the service of Barons of Hell, or Chaotic Neutral as independent agents.

Angels strictly cannot act out of alignment, it's impossible for them to take an action that isn't lawful good, but they can get around this by hiring or capturing and converting demons to act as a proxy for the Angels. Redeemed Demons are typically Chaotic Good, though they can be Neutral Good, and are used to do good, but not entirely lawful tasks for Angels who would otherwise be incapable of such.

>The succubus pins the young paladin
>In a desperate last bid, he slaps a ring on her finger and recites a quick prayer to his god that pronounces them husband and wife
>It turns out this was her first seducing, so it's her first time
>the Paladin, being a Paladin is also a virgin
>shit's all good as far as the church is concerned
>Her devilish bits become snow white as she slowly develops a fetish for the comfy, loving married life
>They still fuck each others brains out every night and Sunday afternoon
>The church starts researching the capture of virgin succubi and incubi so they can be married off to young members of their clergy as powerful familiars and a sexual outlet so they don't diddle children

If you turn a monster's fetish back on them they will become neutral.

>implying the church wouldn't find it convenient to burn and purge them both at the same time.