Playing 5e campaign for four months

>playing 5e campaign for four months
>it's a gritty mercenary campaign set after a great war, similar to Eberron (but not in terms of tech)
>party is fighter barb rogue ranger and cleric
>DM's girlfriend joins after barb leaves
>she rolls a slutty half-elf wizard librarian named Dewy Decimals whose motivation is she's trying to raise money to save her library
>plays her like a Bond girl that gets killed at the start of the movie
>describes her as wearing a literally paper-thin dress and constantly tries to shill erotica to plot and quest important NPCs
>she's not even attractive

How do I stop this Veeky Forums it's like a nightmare I can't wake up from. Our campaign is ruined.

>Playing D&D

Oh boy

This. This is where you went wrong.

>surprised fugly chick plays a sexually desirable chick and doesn't even know how to not be hamfisted about it

What? Let her pretend.

The names pretty good desu

Question.

Did any of you tell her what the campaign's theme and tone was before she made her character?

Because if not, then this is at least partially your fault.

Side note, this could also probably be solved by simply talking to her like a normal human being and saying that you as a group preferred the old tone and themes and that the way she's playing her character is disrupting that. Then work with her to find a compromise.

Again, like a normal human being.

It's all fun and games until somebody loses their virginity.

Burn down her library.

> Did any of you tell her
It was the DM's job, mate. As I see it. If the problem is girlfriend (favoritism?) overruling campaign's tone (and breaking everyone else's expectations) the dialogue seems to be the option. If it's a OP's problem only, how come others are okay with "post-war gritty mercenaries adventuring with a slutty chick" in character?

How do the other three players react to the situation?

>It was the DM's job, mate

Yes, but having failed to carry it out, it falls to the players.

>playing with a girl
there's your problem

just have sex with her so the GM can have her killed in some ironic fashion the morning after and she can roll up a character that does something useful

She sometimes sat in on sessions of the game before joining, so she knew what it was like.

I've only spoken to two of the others privately. One of them has the same problem as me, the other guy said he's not really bothered.

Talk to people in the open instead of whining amongst yourselves. Act like adult, not a teenager.

I would err towards talking to the DM personally, rather than expanding it.
People here always go one about throwing shit out at the table when things are usually resolved faster, and with less butthurt, with low key, discreet efforts.
So long as OP realizes that this is more likely a case of the new player just having fun and not taking it seriously, rather than some nefarious attempt to ruin the game, it should be resolved swiftly.

lol xxxxDDsdD

check out my custom RPG system instead it solves all those problems

???

>it is the "Autistic beta male who can't figure out how to talk to a woman" Episode again
Stop being autistic, ans talk to her for fucks sake.

Don't go through the GM. Chances are he wont tell her, because:
1. He is afraid of making her angry
2. Because he has no idea how to properly explain your autism to her
Dont do it privately, just before the next game, tell her "Hey, you know this really messes with the tone of the game. Would you mind toning it down, or maybe setting up a situation where she can have some character development, and become more mature and stoic? We'd love to work together with you to get this going properly."

It is not that fucking difficult.

Why should OP get to control the tone of the game though?

It's called mockery, you dolt.

Because he's been in the campaign longer than she has, so he knows the tone of the campaign just as well as the DM does - arguably more, since the DM's perception on the issue is skewed towards making his fuckhole happy.

Actually, knowing what era of bond girl she is should be critical to the characterization.

8/10 sneezed out my water after that chuckle..

>Mockery, You Dolt

I'm not familiar with that system, and I've been through quite a few. Do you have a pdf? Or can you describe how the game works?

>fuckhole
Not sure if this or is a bigger indication of what an extreme social fuck-up you are.

this

Meanwhile

>player drops out due to moving away
>wife excitedly begs to be the replacement
>has never played an RPG before and has a little beef with a player currently at the table
>also known to be a bit attention deficit at times
>all cautiously agree to let her play
>plays exclusively young and innocent cleric/wizard types or the most testosterone fueled muscle machines trained in the art of ripping out spines and strangling your mother to death with it while heavy metal plays in the background
>is a shockingly good and respectful roleplayer despite not getting along with one player away from the table

Everything went better than expected