/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous thread: "this is the sort of shit the INSERTNAME CYOA was made for." edition

Other urls found in this thread:

mrcyoa.000webhostapp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What gets you really mad in a cyoa?

lack of free perfect body and immortality

What even is the gender ratio of the /cyoag/ userbase

When open relationships or other forms of non-monogamy are demonized in cyoag. We get it, YOU like monogamy, and throw a shit fit if your waifu has so much as touched the hand of another guy. That doesn't mean you need to ruin a thread because a cyoa disagrees with you.

Open relationships are relationships too. Poly-amorous relationships and companions can be just as loving as monogamous relationships. Get off your high horse and accept that cyoag isn't stuck in the dark ages.

When it has bad visual design and tons of typos/bad grammar/cringy writing and is unilaterally praised anyway.

>still gathering images
This is taking forever

Companions' sexuality is predetermined AND all girls are bisexual while all guys are straight. Magical Realm 101.

Having to choose between pre-built characters and not being able to build my own

Sheriff's Shooter
Gonna go around the galaxy and have buddy cop adventures with a Gray alien partner.
I'll be the loose cannon Martin Riggs to his 'too old for this shit' Roger Murtaugh.

Only having 3ish options to pick, looking at you OP >.>

>At there very end of the cyoa, small text line complete reverses the whole premise or otherwise makes all your choices absolutely meaningless

Gee, usual meaning of choices in cyoas is absolutely zero but somehow this managed to be even less. Thanks for wasting my time.

fuck waifus

That's the aim.

>The Eye
>The Mole
>The Totem

I'll have Eye teach me to be a master hacker over time and live from my impregnable home on stolen e-money. Mole is there for emergencies or just general trips to the shops.

Succubus was an option but I'm happy with my current waifu.

Whoops, forgot to show the post I replied to

Images for what?

2nd page of this

Dumping one of my favs

100% male (feminine)

mrcyoa.000webhostapp.com/
here's a web app for tracking everything

>bad spookum/cursed CYOA where all the choices have varying levels of unavoidable suck as their drawback
Why would I even participate? It's escapism. I'm looking to pretend that it's better than it really is, not that it's even worse.

im generally okay when there's semi-recognizable characters in cyoas, but if they use a picture of a REALLY recognizable character that EVERYONE knows, that pisses me off. like someone puts a picture of sakura from naruto and theyre like "this is sarah :)" it's so fucking stupid and autistic

I'd say that getting upset over pictures someone else put in a choice game image is a bit more autistic...

But yes, holy shit, this x1000.
>This is [name].
No it's not, it's fan art from pivix you thought looked good. I get that not everyone watches the same shit that I do, but at least look at the tags, man.

And suddenly you lost 90% of all available art. Good luck finding pics of dudes! You'll fucking need it!

Photoshop mustaches on them

Really? Between Google and all the art threads on Veeky Forums all the time you can't find good character pictures without resorting to fan-art of well-known characters?

Anyone else having an issue getting the Error: You forgot to solve CAPTCHA message when trying to upload larger images?

They keep sitting at 100% for a few seconds then give me the error no matter how recently I've completed the captcha

[125] Trapped!
[150] Partnership!
[175] Artifact!
[166] Area Increase 5
[165] Insertion
[162] Gateways 2
[160] Division
[157] Transient
[151] Protection 2
[139] Population Increase 6
[138] Attitude Adjustment
[136] Culture & Customs
[134] Pretty Population
[132] Population Demographics
[129] Population Longevity
[125] Extrahuman Population
[121] Metahuman Population
[116] Technology Upgrade 5
[110] Magical Upgrade 3
[108] Aesthetics
[107] Public Education
[105] University
[103] Diplomatic
[101] Wealthy
[98] Industrial
[94] Mystical
[89] Technomagic
[87] Infrastructure
[86] Sanitation
[85] Secure
[84] Healthy
[83] Music Affinity
[82] Theater Affinity
[81] Religious Affinity
[80] Animation Affinity
[79] Occult Affinity
[78] Art Affinity
[77] Literature Affinity
[76] Nature Affinity
[75] Intellectual Affinity
[74] Mechanical Affinity
[73] Gaming Affinity
[72] Alcohol Affinity
[71] Sports Affinity
[70] Food Affinity
[69] Sexual Affinity
[68] Warfare Affinity
[67] Festival Affinity
[64] Landscape Adjustment
[63] Fertile
[61] Rich
[58] Exceptional Materials
[53] Fauna & Flora 3
[48] Dungeons 3
[46] Spirits
[43] Afterlife
[38] Lifestyle Upgrade 3
[35] Influence 2
[33] Immortality
[30] Spirit Walk
[25] Shape Shift 2
[24] Tongues
[22] Memory
[20] Peak Condition
[19] Levitation
[17] Alchemy
[15] Enchanting
[13] Conjuration
[10] Biomancy
[7] Nullification
[4] Friendship 2
[0] Waifu 2

Easy. Time to live life like a glorious and immortal king over a land of adventurous and beautiful waifus.

I like to think it's the dudes that post these lists are the dudes who cry no one compliments their builds.

Arcane University

I don't give a shit. Who do you think I am? Angel?

What the fuck is going on in that classroom?

>Alchemist Guild
>Philosophers Stone

Aside from having to hide the Stones existence from my rivals this seems pretty good. Can make good money and switch to the Field branch when I want to get out in the world.

Why wouldn't you want to live in the thieves guild's 'sex rooms' though?
I love typosor was it one?

Because magic is magic.

Bow before me, you swine.

SDA?

AiDS

SiDA

It says "same sex rooms" user.

I want to build a magical realm linked to the real world, whose purpose will be to help humanity help itself. In regards to the environment, wars, existential threats, avoidable suffering etc.

Let me see. I need it to be safe from humanity's bad tendencies. With a benevolent attitude and a diplomatically inclined culture. And also to be technologically and magically advanced. Anything I can bring to the real world that can be useful, I'll bring. Oh and as a last, desperate measure I need the space to relocate refugees from the real world.

Brb building it now.

[91] Area Increase 5
[87] Portals
[86] Attitude Adjustment
[84] Culture & Customs
[81] Population Longevity
[77] Metahuman Population
[71] Technology Upgrade 6
[61] Magical Upgrade 5
[60] Public Education
[58] Diplomatic
[53] Technomagic
[51] Infrastructure
[50] Sanitation
[49] Secure
[48] Healthy
[46] University
[45] Intellectual Affinity
[44] Nature Affinity
[43] Fertile
[40] Exceptional Materials
[37] Afterlife
[62] Benevolent!
[87] Bound!
[82] Gateways 3
[79] Transient
[73] Protection 2
[71] Division
[69] Wealthy
[66] Industrial
[62] Mystical
[60] Rich
[56] Pantheon
[53] Influence 2
[51] Immortality
[48] Spirit Walk
[47] Tongues
[45] Memory
[43] Inspiration
[41] Peak Condition
[39] Blessing
[36] Friendship 2
[34] Healing
[24] Guidance 2
[22] Machina Mind
[17] Automatons 2
[13] Theme
[8] Fauna & Flora 3
[5] Magical Phenomena
[0] Dominion

I made myself Bound to my words and Benevolent, also Inspiring, Blessed and temporary leader. The theme of my magical realm is Utopian Omnibenevolent. There are demi-gods, Gods, super IA and all have had their culture, attitude and ontological being shaped into good intentions and an inability to hurt others. Everyone is immortal, including myself and anyone I deem my friend. Anyone who wishes to can be brought to my Magical Realm through a gateway or a portal, healed of any afflictions, blessed and made immortal too.

What could possibly go wrong?

>polyamory
Degenerate. I bet you don't even love your waifu.

>Poly-amorous relationships and companions can be just as loving as monogamous relationships. Get off your high horse and accept that cyoag isn't stuck in the dark ages.
Hahahhahahahaa
wait
you were serious?
shit man i feel bad for you

I unironically agree. I'm in a poly relationship (two girlfriends, one is mono with me and the other has a girlfriend and boyfriend herself). Been in it for three years now, shits cash.

Alchemist would be nice but not with the everlasting rat race. Sooo

>Arcane University
>Magical Aptitude
Wizarding made easy. I was tempted to pick Connections instead because the major downside for wizards is lack of cash but guaranteed skill in magic is too good to pass up.

Not that user, and poly definitely aint for me, but I really don't give a fuck what how people arrange their sex lives and hearing "cuck cuck cuck" all the time does get a little old whenever the subject is broached

I always find it fascinating that, when confronted with concepts they don't understand, idiots immediately react with laughter and contempt.

It's not about "cuck cuck cuck" for me; I just believe that love is all or nothing. If you can't love one single person at a time, then you're not being loyal to them. And by extension, that means you don't really love them; you just THINK you do because you don't know any better for whatever reason.

I share your opinion, user. But for reasons unknown, /cyoag/ is swamped with moralfags right now, and those who pretend to be moralfags for trolling.

The Hamlet Spirit
The School Spirit
The Fiend

Hamlet Spirit is good at balancing out Fiend's contract, and also helps to feed the poor hungry thing. School Spirit is just an excellent quality of life choice.

When you get down to it, what's the difference between loving someone and believing you love someone? Sounds like the kind of thing that's only important in a metaphysical sense, which means it only matters if you share cosmologies.

Anatomy of fae course?

Thats fine user, and I'm not necessarily singling your out as an example, but like says we dont need to hear all about it whenever polywhatever comes up in a cyoa

Who cares who other people have sex with?

Yeah, that fucking word is among the things that drag our thread down the most. It has lost all meaning by now, and is nothing but annoying.

That's so alien to me.
I did a cyoa yesterday and saw that one of the companions had art of Panty. I didn't get mad or anything.
I went
>oh neat that's Panty! I'm gonna pick her

i think its fine as long as they're not completely anathema to the character originally - because theres plenty of preexisting characters with art that will fit with most CYOA's but including actual characters is bad

Can one of you post that Post Apoc CYOA from 2 threads ago? I wasn't able to load it back when the thread was up.

That's the point. It's supposed to needle you and make you upset. This is Veeky Forums, we live on random pointless malice.

cuck

Cuck.

If we don't reply to the cuckposter, are we cucking him?

>Open relationships are relationships too.
Is there any deeper meaning to this?

>Poly-amorous relationships and companions can be just as loving as monogamous relationships
Everyone has a limited amount of resources: Time, attention, 'energy', money, etc. It applies to basically every kind of relationship that the more you invest into it, the stronger it is (unless you are doing something wrong). The more relationships you have, the more you're going to have to divide your resources. If you use your time well, having four close friends means you're going to be closer to them than if you had five (assuming no other factors change).
Polyamorous relationships can definitely be loving, but by their nature the bond between two people in a polyamorous relationship is almost certainly going to be weaker than if they were in a monogamous relationship.

I want to preemptively say this: I don't advocate being some clingy, obsessed crazy guy who has only one friend.

No that requires also replying to other posters.

JUST DONT RESPOND FUUUCK

You disgust me.

This is Veeky Forums. I presume almost anyone on this website is worthy of disgust. Including me and you, of course.

I don't have the companions for this version, but I do have a question that someone might be able to answer.

Do you think it's possible to sense Stand type entities if you have Adokori?

Honestly, if people didn't aggravate the purityfags by calling them 'emotionally stunted' and the like, but instead just told them that not every option has to be tailored to their taste, we would have way less stupid discussions.
Just ignoring the cuck spammers would also help.

No, it's the special type of disgust I reserve for people like you, NTRfags, MLPfags and such.

>tfw an old risky investment increases tenfold in value while you weren't even paying attention

That's a very simplistic view of relationships. For one, dividing your resources isn't always a bad thing - as you point out, nobody should be the clingy obsessive with only one person in their life. Having someone else can lead to a healthier balance, especially if your partners are also partners with each other and can spend time together when you need to be alone or work on other relationships. Plus people regularly do activities with a group of friends, and often those will be greater than the sum of their parts when it comes to strengthening relationships.

With that said, you're not entirely wrong - you do generally need to put more work in to keep all of your relationships strong. Nobody ever said polyamory was easy, unless they're extremely dumb, naive, or trying for short-term sex rather than a long-term relationship.

I'm neither of those. You got the last reply from a different guy than the one you were replying to before.

No, they're just as bad when we don't give them shit. Nothing can stop a zealot on a self-righteous crusade.

>Grand Celestial Fleet
>Denizen
Just some poor schmuck recreated and trying to make a new life in space.

>Leadership 2
>Pilot 3
>Combat 2
>Engineering 2

Good thing I'm an ace pilot, solid fighter and mechanic and not bad with the ladies!

>Improvement Package III
>Space Adaptation
>Radiation Adaptation
>Extra Senses

I'd like to live long enough to see this new universe, and these should keep me around long enough to make it happen. I can survive getting spaced too, whether by accident or for repairs.

>Terminal
>Mechanics Tools
>Variable Stunner

Just basics to keep me safe.

>Frigate
>Black Hole Propulsion
>FTL Drive
>Particle Beam
>Antimatter Cloud
>Spinal Mass Drive
>Enhanced Arrays
>Luxury Fittings
>VR Bay
>Galley
>Fuel Harvester
>Infirmary

My pride and joy! I'd be a mix of courier and combat ship.

>Lauha
Can presumably help with space combat and is cute
>Hanac
Shipboard security in case of boarding parties
>Uriephrr
The ship needs a good full time engineer as I'm primarily a pilot
>Gallatine
Good for helping us communicate with unfamiliar races
>Reuia
And finally a good ships doctor.

>space empire cyoa
>doesn't include an easter egg of Earth

Earth is gone. Sorry about that, but somebody had to give a bunch of random guys from the internet incredible powers and next thing you know Earth had been engulfed by some kind of 'War in Heaven' between forces normal people could barely understand. It's for the better, really. Somebody gave all women dicks, another turned all men into neovictorian lesbians, and somebody went too far and caused pizza to detonate in a violent explosion whenever it touched pineapple, causing a new generation of WMDs. We're better off without Earth and its denizens, believe me.

Earth is not gone it has become a lesbian dickgirl utopia harnessing the pineapple explosion to solve the energy crisis

Haha

Why would anyone bother spending even half a thought on a planet as worthless and primitive as the Earth?

Stands are psychic/spiritual entities. So unless the stand power is about being hard to detect/stealth then it would be detectable by people of suitable levels of spiritual/psionic enlightenment. And god/elderitch/demonic entities because supernatural vs supernatural stuff.

>Earth has become a lesbian dickgirl

>Earth has become a lesbian dickgirl and now is raping planets with her dick destroying billions of lifes each time

As I said: Forces beyond the understanding of mortal victorian dickgirl lesbians.

>Reclaimer
>Gourmet
Just seems like the comfiest way to spend my dungeon experience, and wearing monster hide armor always seemed awesome to me.

>The Lair
The best place to put my skills to use.

>Gazer
>Nyalee
>Randall

So here's the plan. When Gazer is about we hunt the rarest and most powerful beasts for profit, when he's not we'll make ourselves safe and well fed on the small fry. Ninja training would also help make me a little more combat capable, though the rival ninjas are a problem.

I bet with my delicious food I can bribe Randall into making us a decent fortress home to hole up in with his earth magic, so that gives us somewhere to stay safe especially when Gazer isn't around.

Nyalee gives us healing, magic support and fresh water as well as being a waifu; I'd be pretty okay with relocating to the undersea empire one day and being the househusband while she's doing high up military general stuff; I bet theres lots of sea monsters that'd make for good meals, and I'm less like to get attacked by ninjas there to boot.

>For one, dividing your resources isn't always a bad thing
Never said it was. I'm merely saying that it's going to lead to individually weaker bonds. Whether one prefers a few more closely knit relationships or more slightly less so is completely up to personal preference, so it would be pretty pointless to say that one is better than the other.
>Plus people regularly do activities with a group of friends, and often those will be greater than the sum of their parts when it comes to strengthening relationships.
Sure, but you're still going to forego the opportunity to strengthen a single relationship more (unless you basically focus your entire attention on one person during that activity). It's not inherently bad or anything, it's just a trade off.

Again, I'm not saying that polyamorous relationships can't work out great. It's just that every 'subrelationship' is going to be less close than if you devoted the time you spend on two or more people on just one person. It depends on personal preference whether that is worth it.

>lesbian
>dickgirl

>dick
>girl
These are oxymorons.

Man, you really feel a pressing need to rehash this argument every single opportunity, don't you?

You think the gays care user?