Is fighting fantasy Veeky Forums approved?

is fighting fantasy Veeky Forums approved?

Other urls found in this thread:

projectaon.org/en/Main/Home
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, I approve it.

I love them. The system itself is shit, but it's very imaginative. Unfairly hard to win it out tough.

Highly approved, yes.

Heart of Ice is my favorite and I love all the Russ Nicholson art.

Yup. I remember people doing a play by play of one of the shorter books here before.

Yes, we sometimes talk about it on /osrg/.

Best one, fite me knave.

Rolled 4, 5 + 11 = 20 (2d6 + 11)

Come at me sibling.

good stuff, as were the T&T books.

Would you were a better opponent, but thine fu is weak.

I don't care about Veeky Forums's shit taste. I approve Fighting Fantasy, though I don't like the combat system.

Anyone here play the Blood Sword series?

I've tried various other systems in its place: Dungeon Crawl Classics seems okay.

Here you go

Not as good as Lone Wolf, but yes, still approved. At least by people too old to be on Veeky Forums.

Is Lone Wolf the one where it's possible to DIE from breathing in a fungus at the wrong time?

Because, I remember Veeky Forums did a quest using those books, and we died in almost every damn book. I think we did the entire bibliography and only won ONCE.

Every CYOA has a few bullshit autodeaths in them. The difference is that Fighting Fantasy and the Tolkein Quest books were bullshit hard the whole way through.

It's possible to die from all kinds of stupid things in these games. In fact, the authors encouraged this in their design. That's what makes people come back to them time and time again.

You're supposed to die many times until you eventually memorize the choice tree and find the right ending.

Although when I recently bought one of these books for nostalgia reasons and played it for the first time in 15 years, I got through it in one single shot (without cheating). Just through sheer blind luck.

One of the greatest ironic moments I've ever had in my life.

>not The Crimson Tide

Isn't this kind of obsoleted by visual novels?
Wait.
Why hasn't anyone put together some good art and started a genre of these in the west?

Heart of Ice isn't Fighting Fantasy, tho

They were excellent. Surprisingly good lore and flavor to the whole setting. The system was just deep enough to do what it needed to do, which was serve as a vehicle for some very flavorful fluff.

Sword of Truth? Fucking KYS

My Kai Lord of Summerlending descent.

I love that Joe Dever gave the Lone Wolf books to the internet for free. May he RIP in peace.

The link to all the books for those who never played them.
projectaon.org/en/Main/Home