How does anybody even take advantage of a dip like this...

How does anybody even take advantage of a dip like this? Do they just have spare fiat laying around in exchanges ready to buy when the prices drop?

Have you heard of tether?

Thats my plan for next time.

Any idiot saw this coming. Things shot up way way too high. So you take profit and wait for the next crash.

The problem is convincing yourself to actually buy back in when things correct. Because who knows how low it will go or if it will ever go back up as high

I'd rather go -50% than leave my funds in ether for any considerable period

So do you just leave all your money laying around in an exchange?

personally i'm saving my fiat like a retard
but i can't really lose any more
:(

tether*

>Do they just have spare fiat laying around in exchanges ready to buy when the prices drop?

I don't trade for fiat, but I do keep extra bitcoin to take advantage of altcoin dips.

The problem is locating aproximate top. I was betting on $BTC downtrend 3 times, but each time you fuck, you have to buy back less $BTC. If you located approximate top successfuly props to you, but don't give me those
>Any idiot saw this coming.
We maybe knew it had to go for correction, but the problem always lies in where is the top.

I left it in the USD wallet in GDAX my friend. Always be ready for a correction after a huge ride up. I don't trust tether but seems to work for others

For sure. So I take my profits and sometimes exit too early, but that's okay. Because I made money and have money to buy the dip

I cashed out 5 days ago and have $40k sitting in GDAX... so yes, I have fiat laying around to buy cheap crypto... but I haven't even bought yet, because I think it's going down even more.

>sell when it starts to drop
>rebuy at the bottom
There, now you have more coins than before. Hodling is a meme.
That said, of course you can miscalculate and the stock doesn't fall and you got to buy in at a slightly higher price, but with a crash like today, losses were pretty much inevitable.
I'm pretty bummed I was asleep and at work for most of this drop.

Mortgage the house and double down

I guess my problem is with the shitty exchanges. I don't hold the coins available at GDAX, so I should move to an unreliable exchange, convert to LTC, and move to GDAX.

That's a shitton to hold in an exchange, but I guess it's the smarter option after all. Gotta keep that in mind. I'm not selling today's fiasco anymore myself though

unironically this. liquidate any stable investment like home equity, 401k/roth, and emergency savings and dump them all into the most high risk vehicle you can. It's the only 100% sure way to never lose and only win big.

This is my issue. I want to increase my ADA stack but everything is down at the moment. I don't know what to sell.

you'll be getting a thank u card from all the shills m sure

duh you sell before the dip and buy when you feel like it

funny. being a no coiner now makes me feel sad and alone

That wasn't the question, faggoooooot

The question was do you leave it laying around in the exchange, and apparently the answer is yes

Yes people have liquid assets on hand for crazy moments like this.

I always keep 50% of folio in BTC for that liquidity

Got spare cash, but no site is wanting to sell any kinds of cryptocurrency atm. MFW i predicted and hoped for this, but cant take advantage.

This exactly is my issue, from now on I'm leaving a slice laying on the shitty-ass exchanges

>The problem is convincing yourself to actually buy back in when things correct. Because who knows how low it will go or if it will ever go back up as high

I practice this by having my friend drop steak knives off a 5 story building and trying to catch them in my bare hands.

But a slice of what? 95% of all coins dropped so that wont help.

>unironically this. liquidate any stable investment like home equity, 401k/roth, and emergency savings and dump them all into the most high risk vehicle you can. It's the only 100% sure way to never lose and only win big.

nice, just bought 100K Powerball tickets

A slice of my holdings in fiat

I got plenty in fiat, thats not the problem. The problem is i cant exchange it for coins...

i bought at all the fibonacci levels and am now all in

By buying xrp. I was shilling it constantly when it was 0,72 dollars earlier today and it's already back up to 1,02

I do, I cashed out all my short positions and made a shit ton of money, going to buy back in tonight

You can if you hold it in an exchange

true

by all means the top should have been around 10k this year
but it wasn't and it is possible that it will never dip that low

I'm eurocuck. Dont know how i would get dollars on binance lol.

An exchange that works, nonetheless. That makes things a bit harder. How's bittrex been today?

Like it was established ITT, keep it somewhere else like Bittrex or GDAX/normiebase

>mechanical engineer
>no mortgage
>6 Digit job
> spare Fiat
>Bitcoin dips
> feels good man

?? literally selling any point above 15k would have gained you btc. your problem is impatience.

Serious question
Is there no market for large scale shorting?
I don't know shit but I'm guessing you have to have banking backing for a serious fully functioning market tool like that right? As in you need someone to agree to provide credit margin to traders..

I know crypto is all about no banks and We are anonymouse hurr.. somebody should form a union council of whales to serve that purpose. Are rich fucks doing that in China? Why don't you fags do it?
Inb4 Jew

>Do they just have spare fiat laying around in exchanges ready to buy when the prices drop?
Yes, but we don't buy the dip after a crash. We buy small amounts over time so no one notices any huge volume increase.

By the time you get to hear about crypto reaching ATH we have nothing in fiat and sell walls already put up in various increments.

all you had to do was sell the day Bitcoin blew up on social media, or the day futures started

Yes, especially if you want to short futures.
Margin requirements for contracts are fairly high, so you need a bit on the sidelines.