Malifaux General

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 30mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
Books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4- New Wave 4 Models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

Current Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Discord for Shitposting and other Wyrd related things.
discord.gg/p8sevqe

Playtest and List-Building Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Collect the Bounty
Dig Their Graves & Leave Your Mark
Hunting Party & Set Up

Mei Feng -- 5ss of upgrades, 7ss Cace.
ArcRes for the extra card, Vapormancy for the burning-distributing blasts, and Street Fighter 4 for added punching.

Cassandra with free Scheme Markers and +1Df - 11ss

Howard Langston with Fast - 13ss

Joss with Recharge Soulstone and Imbued Protection - 13ss

Arcane Effigy - 4ss

1ss wasted

I'll probably stick in a Malifaux Raptor for 3 free VP.

I'm 90% sure that the other guy is bringing Rasputina.

Plan is to Mei-ball up the middle with mass Vent Steam to totally shut down the shooting.
When the skwad gets there, Mei's chucking out bucket-loads of burning with the blasts and then going Street Fighter crazy, with Howard and Joss to help clean up.
Cassandra either goes up front as a hard-to-hit distraction or off on a flank.
Howard might go on the opposite flank to cruise missile in if there's a good-looking path - with Raspie's Df, any halfway decent Ram will get an Assassinate through, and I don't need to worry too much about wasting AP with Raspie's Df trigger to immediately end his activation.

Scheme-wise, probably aiming for Leave Your Mark and Dig Their Graves.

Am I going nutfuck crazy too elite?

I usually play Colette, with numerous tissue-paper Showgirls, so this is a pretty hard change that I think might be fun.
Very much a high-risk high-reward scenario though...

Looks liek Sandeep is finally getting the buff he so desperately needs in the form of a tailored Henchmanwomanelemental to make his summoning less costly.

It's good, I was concerned that he was having too difficult a time flooding the board with Wind Gamin and giant beater djinn.

any feeling of happiness I had as a Collodi player have been dying each time they add a new nerf to the henchpuppet

What the wave 5 one?

I picked up minis in First edition, and never played a game. Played my first game in 2nd edition, with the starter kit.

There's just so much going on in this game, and I am overwhelmed by where to start.

playing smaller games with one crew until you have a basic idea of the game helps.
Generally though just buy a crew box and go from there

But he'd be out of controll if you could My WIll him too.
I do think they've hit him pretty hard, but 4 Ml6 attacks on +flips is enough.
And he has Snatch to drag victims in.
And he can cheat face down, which is huge, and draw cards if it doesn't work - that could be four free cards if you catch something the opponent needs alive but you just need out of the way.

As it is, this round he can still be Obeyed to walk into combat, giving you his full 4AP to smash things.
He's an absolutely incredible Minion deleter.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth on the Neverborn playtest forum is hideously overblown.

Who do you have from 1st Ed?

The good news is that the game has apparently got a hell of a lot more balanced and accessible since the 1e/1.5e, so you're coming to a much more enjoyable learning experience.

>playing smaller games with one crew until you have a basic idea of the game helps.

Yup - there are a billion special rules, but the only ones you need to know are your own, for the first bunch of games.
The engine of the game is incredibly simple, so that will just take you a game or two to get down, and then it's a matter of remembering when the special effects go off - and that comes with practice.

Steal the rulebooks from the OP, work out about 20ss of models, no Master, and get a couple of demo games in.

Then get a couple of 35ss games in using the same crew, preferably against the same opponent.

Once that stops feeling like you are drowning in a sea of incomprehensible special rules, clear a four hour block of a day and try a 50ss game (again preferably against the same opponent and crew).

Wherever you are probably has a game store, and they might have a Henchman (the Wyrd community guy). If not, they probably have a couple of players that are looking for new blood.

I see they are adding card-draw the the Corpse Wagon.

This is good.

Nicodem desperately needs more mobile Corpse Markers and also more free card draw.

I was at the ITC and spoke about this with a few of the American players. We think that Wyrd have no fucking clue how to make rules for miniatures anymore.

After the shitshow that was TT's line-up I'm inclined to agree.

>What is Malifaux?
ded gaem

Yup, I'm increasingly leaning that way.

Up to book 4 it was all pretty tight.
The January Errata solidified that pretty well.

This Book 5 wave of models just seem to be random selections of "some shit to hang on a model", and the measure of what needs touching appears to be whatever's being masturbated over by AWP currently.

As you say about the TT models, they just seem to be shapeless.
It's as if they decided they needed to release some shit for them, but weren't really sure what, so they put some slots for new models in and then tried to hammer a model out through playtests.

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck they are doing with the Obsidian Statue, for example.

Doesn't help that pic related will never not be the right choice for that 5ss slot.

how are leveticus and lucius these days? i have ramos, lady justice and mccabe but i'm sure they're fine as always

Lucius got some buffs to the point where people are happy with the update and enjoy their new success with him. No clue on Levi still think he's at the same point as before.

They said that they would be changing them the most with the playtest. I don't see any reason to be alarmed until they finalize the rules.

Also, use the better mega in the OP from now on mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

They may have changed them since they put them out in the public but the Ten Thunders models still had 4 of their 6 units be incredibly bland and directionless, and another one not anywhere near up to par. They clearly had no idea what they wanted or what they were doing.

I'll admit they made some massive changes over the few weeks but Wyrd's obviously never intended for those as a lot of those changes come from people on that forum suggesting moves and directions they'd like. In a beta test that was all about smoothing out the final numbers this massive overhaul was never meant to happen.

>Gwyneth is okay, though she won't find a place outside of Lynch.
>Crime Boss is very bland but gets the job done.
>The Lotus Eater they did nothing to but a tiny nerf, which is the opposite of what it needed.
>The Statue they're just shitting the bed with. A model going from useless to overpowered to even more useless than before makes you wonder who even writes this shit.
>The Charm Warder is I'd argue the one good thing that's come out of all of this. It's competing with TTB, Terracotta Warriors and Yokai but I could see myself taking one on occasion.
>And the Tanuki is Wyrd trying to make the tri-chi a thing, which will never happen.

They changed dark energies and made rotund optional, which is definitely a plus. They are heading the right direction with all of them. I would have liked to see more oni or hounds for TT though.

The only TT model that has gotten worse in my opinion are the tanukis. Tri-chi are still useless anyways, and no more tanuki hat or built in misdirection reduces their utility.

Aaron said that he is giving the statue extra attention which is promising. If they made it an easy source of scrap Asami would be much easier to play.

>Malifaux is a 30mm Skirmish Tabletop game
32mm actually.

It's only an easy source of scrap if your opponent bothers with it. If they just avoid it there is fuck all you can do with it since it now can't be pushed, has a range of 6 on a gun icon and on charges a damage track of 2/3/4. With Cursed Statue and Dark Energies losing the extra damage on his own attacks he is in a far worse place than he was before.

I don't play Sandeep, but how does the 5.31.17 Kandara help his summoning? She seems to focus more on buffing gamin than anything. What do look like fun the the steamfitters. But I probably won't take them over mages when playing let's say Ironsides, as reinforced plate is kind of incidental.

>They will never ever make another Nekima model that is as large as the original version, or at least not dinky

Whiskey gamin!

Loving the lizard thing and the tentacle-face in the back, and the fire wheel.

The lizard is supposed to be a grootslang. Not too shabby, but he is fucking huge.

Anyone got concrete info about the new models/units/rules? I see some models but I have no idea what they're supposed to be and I haven't followed the new book dev.

Subject to change of course.

I'm pretty sure Levi was downgraded from "dirty broken" to "excellent unkillable killer".
Still good, just not game-wreckingly so.

As says, Lucius is now at a very good level - probably comparable to Colette, if not a decent bit better,in terms of AP distribution and crew control.

>Also, use the better mega in the OP from now on
Thanks user, updated.
That's just the TTB stuff, right?

Pic related - hero Effigy charged and murdered my own Oxfordian Mage to deny two points for Dig Their Graves and Collect The Bounty, letting me save some pride in a 6-7 loss.
Clawed my way back from losing Joss, and 3 Set Up VP, first turn to Titania's bullshit.

>That's just the TTB stuff, right?
Yep, along with 1st edition PDFs for those who want to peruse them.

Myself I have been using Miss Step and Sokolov more often as a stealth Joss and stealth Hank. Both models are very small compared to the normal versions. So when I discard imbued energies and charge something, my opponent will be caught by surprise when they realize that Joss has started to wack them.

Anyone have some advice with Levi? It'd going to be my first tournament with him this weekend

What is it?

>Ten Thunders models still had 4 of their 6 units be incredibly bland and directionless
>They clearly had no idea what they wanted or what they were doing.

I think these are fair criticisms - pretty much all of them seem like they had a none-too-firm fluff concept, and a bare sketch of the rules (which have been thrown out the window entirely on several occasions).
In comparison to the other six factions, they just feel under-worked.

Re: Obsidian Statue, I agree with on this one.
He had a niche, they nudged him into it, and then chipped off the good bits.

Tanuki with Misdirection were a bit too powerful for their price, but Tanuki's Hat was a good fun ability.
I reckon they might start to make a Brewmaster crew viable.
Not truly tournament competitive, but not shitty.

I'm glad Kandara was toned down some - as I whined up-thread, Sandeep doesn't need his life easier.
You're right, she doesn't help initial summoning all that much now, but the ability to shuffle restrictive upgrades off vital gamin is huge.
Regen+2 is flat better than not taking the Jealous Fire Lord damage though.

>Both models are very small compared to the normal versions. So when I discard imbued energies and charge something, my opponent will be caught by surprise
It's funny how that works - I was listening to one of the Australian podcasts earlier today where someone said they put the minions in threatening poses on taller, more dramatic bases, to draw their opponent off in their chosen direction.

Pic related is maybe a bad example of that though...

Good catch.
Changd.

>In a beta test that was all about smoothing out the final numbers this massive overhaul was never meant to happen.

I think you're wrong about a few specifics, but generally right - the changes made are either wild swings or inconsequential nudges to already bland things.

Gwyneth looks decent to me, purely for the board and deck/hand controls, but that comes from a mostly-non-10T player - I don't know that 8ss/Henchman slot very well.

The Lotus Eater's attack Threaten is crazy good. I can see them getting a .lot. of work done with that and Aggressive Stance.

The Statue needs Hard to Wound or soemthing to be viable, but then maybe that would be too much - I'd be ok with it being shitty offensively, because it's just a great big statue, but Df3 is just a killer, Armour+2 or no.
The Dark Energies including Scheme Markers is a big step towards good, but I'm still not fully convinced.

The Charm Warder I just flat love.
Maybe a little cheap for how useful it might be.

Also, renaming the Red Pole to the Kat Crime Boss, presumably because a few bitches made cock jokes and whined that it wasn't Asiany enough, was a fucking lame decision.
A double shame because I reckon the card looks pretty good, especially with all the Fast flying around 10T crews.

Take care of you Anchors, think carefully about which models will have the biggest impact if killed, and have fun deleting things.

Also look out for Eliminate the Leadership.

Have you played much with him so far?

What I think would help our obsidian friend is a 3" engagement range, and as you said hard to wound or some other defensive measure. He would be there for hold the center type schemes where run him up the center, engage the enemy crew, bring down cover for your other models, and actually benefit your crew when hit by giving you more markers. As it stands you can ignore it and it isn't that hard to kill. You can't even push the guy into the center because of the whole no push thing, and its low Wk doesn't help.

I haven't had a ton of chances to play him. So far I've only really gotten to play a lot of Tara.

Thanks for the advice

For those who play TTB, let's do this again:

A character of yours is now a tabletop Master. Which faction do they belong to, why do they belong there and how do they play?

>Pic related is maybe a bad example of that though...
Yeah, the opponent probably SHOULD be paying attention to what she's doing.

Is swampfiend Zorida fun? Also tips on playing her well?

She is tons of fun, but you will want to run her in Neverborn for that. The wisps are auto takes regardless of a focus on swamp fiends. They of course work well with other swamp fiends. Notably they can help by hatching eggs for the spawn mother.

I would recommend making a departure by hiring Iggy though. He can give burning +4 to the voodoo dolls. The sewn model gets burning as well, and will take not only damage from its own burning condition, but the doll's as well. A nurse can give you some immediate results by paralyzing the doll/sewn model as well.

Well it's still keeping in her theme of tormented people and odd beasts and creatures from the swamp so I'd be cool with it.

As addendum McTavish is a good pick. He can give your guys cover, and his gun is amazing. He is a good choice to hold the Hexed Amongst Us upgrade. That can let you from the shadows slap down waldgesists next to important points, and they will prove hard to dislodge.

Yep I've heard how well Mctavish does in most crews. My only concern is picking the right models for the job so far I'm thinking Bad Juju Eternal Fiend , two Silurids, Will O wisp, Mctavish Hexed among you and Zoraida with On wings of darkness, Bayou Servants and Crystal Ball. Also just realized the First Mate is a swamp fiend so that gives me ideas with a voodoo doll a nurse and the first mate.

That wouldn't be bad. I have a sweet spot for the spawn mother personally. The wisps can help get the egg engine running, and having gups running around can be useful. I will concede that growing gups into regular silurids won't happen that much though. Waldgeists are really nice too, even as just general Neverborn minions.

>Spawn Mother
Bbb-b-but the internet told me she's rubbish!

That looks reasonably good, to be fair.
I don't think she hits hard enough to be 9ss, but the big Charge bubble could be solid, and Perfect Camouflage on a big base gives pseudo-Disguised Charge lane blocking.

Do you stone for the crows though, or burn Severe Crows, or just hope for mid Crows?

Sounds like a decent crew.
Boxing the opponent into their deployment zone with Waldegeists and then machine-gunning with McTavish is just about the most bullshit thing ever.
I have been on the receiving end a couple of times, and it's usually Turn 1 and at least one model written off.

Any word on how TOS is coming along?

Thanks. I assume it's in open beta now?

Sounds unfun as hell funny enough the first crew I have and plan to run because Mama Z will likely be a later purchase is Ulix and his many pig based buddies. I was wondering if anyone had run a swine-cursed outside of Wong and wanted to know how they did with it.

No - ded gaem.
Actually, I just haven't heard much hype at all, and certainly nobody here seems to give a shit.
Folks at the local have backed it in very small numbers, but the store itself is just going to sit out until it's ready for retail, and no-one seems that interested besides a few of the models.

Yup, open beta.
This is week three or four of I think six iterations.
Having checked, I can't see where I go thtat idea from, but I have a feeling it was a short-ish open season.

Oh, the "McTavish shoots through the Waldegeist wall" is absolutely a dick move with only three appropriate applications, in order of most to least acceptable:
Teaching someone a lesson for the purposes of ego reigning or vengance;
Giving you set-up time for a convoluted and almost-certainly crap Rube-Goldberg crew gimmick;
Winning the final of a tournament as the extreme underdog.

It is a dishonourable thing to do, and it should be avoided whenever decent people meet on the field.

It is a brutally un-fun play experience to waste such a significant chunk of Turn 1 and 2 wading through the woods.
Only to bump into Nekima and Barbaros as you stumble out into the sunlight.

Actually I'm quite curious to ask you what crew or crews do you play or own?

There is playtesting. Otherwise nothing to talk about. I am still kind of sad that they cut funding for some of Wyrd's other projects just so they could put out ToS with everything unlocked.

Bump

>I am still kind of sad that they cut funding for some of Wyrd's other projects just so they could put out ToS with everything unlocked.

Yup, me too.
There are a few things like this new racing boardgame thing which actually sound sort of cool, and it's weak to think that shit has been dropped for a poorly scheduled and managed Kickstarter for a platoon-level game that isn't needed.

I play Colette and Mei Feng almost exclusively, though I have Rasputina, Lucius and Lilith.

Both of them I run pretty thematic, because for what I want them to do, they have good natural builds.

I'll stick up a couple of example lists in the next hour or two, using the GodsWearHats map Strats & Schemes and map generator.

Here's the set and map.
I'll stick up a rough list for each Master, with a little justification/reasoning and a final decision, in a little while.
Probably three or four posts over the next two or three hours, for bump reasons and because I'm busyish.

Deployment: Corner (8)
Permalink | View as image
Strategy: Headhunter / Squatter's Rights (11)
Schemes: (5M, 12T)

Accusation! (M)
Leave Your Mark (T)
Hidden Trap (5)
A Quick Murder (12)
Claim Jump (Always)

Opponent declares: Guild

Quiet Town map

>Hidden Trap (5)
Holy shit, I don't think I've ever really looked at that scheme before.
Them's freebie points, surely?

With Colette, I'd be taking:

Dove summoning, extra Control card and maybe +flips on Initiative.

Cassandra as a missile/spoiler, because she's filthy rapid and disgustingly survivable with S&M (1ss) [Df M: Drop a marker, push 3"] and Imbued Protection (2ss) [Df7].

Angelica for outrageous mobility, Practiced Procuction (1ss) [Drop a Marker within 3" from any friendly, anywhere] and another Showgirl.

Performer for engaged Interacts, crappy Lure, Manipulative and to tow a Mannequin around.
Mannequin is surprisingly resilient and lets adjacent friendlies throw Markers 6" when they Interact.
These come as a package that can easily score Claim Jump by themselves every turn - Colette lets Showgirls and Minions (Performers are both) take Interacts as (0) actions within 8" of her, so a Performer can drop three a turn with a Mannequin behind her.

That's the core 35ss (with cache).

The hitty stuff really depends on how I'm feeling.

If I want to go aggressive, Howard Langston with Imbued Energies, and maybe eat into the cache for another Performer or the Effigy for activations. Deploy on either of the Western edges, Howard and/or Cassandra can hard flank and threaten while the other holds the centre.

Defensive, three Oxfordian Mages.
Either Eastern corner, and anything that steps into the village square is getting lit the fuck up with up to twelve Elemental Bolts per turn.

Undecided, maybe a Rail Worker or another Performer, and maybe Joss (raw tank, reliable damage).

The core 35ss gives me a lot of space to clearly easily threaten Claim Jump, Leave Your Mark and Hidden Trap, and indeed anything that needs Scheme Markers.
Between the Doves and Cassandra getting deep in the enemy half, and the Mannequin letting me throw Markers, it is verging on impossible to deny LYM or Trap.

Colette's Prompt pushes will let stuff get to heads, Performers can scoop them up in the middle of combats.
Joss or Howard can roflstomp stuff in combat - Joss far slower, but less likely to give up a head himself.
Cassandra is herself no weakling, and if she can get the kill, near Colette she can (0) pick it up, or if it's her first AP, she can Nimble to the head and pick it up.

Also, since I'm a little concerned that these posts don't read enough like a love letter to Cassandra - she's fucking hot fire.
(0) Southern Hospitality puts all Attack actions - ALL Attack actions - that target her on -flips.
Imbued Protection (Df7), S&M (DF trigger), and soul stones can waste a lot of peoples' time and AP. Especially against Ml6, sandbagging a 13 can protect her even against Focused hits, and can let you tempt things away from the action to charge you and then push away on the first attack.
Imbued Protection can be discarded to block 2 damage, preventing 3-5 damage if you have to keep her alive (or something else locked down).
She's Nimble and has a 4" push trigger on both her Ml and projectile Ca, which means that she can move further than many models while attacking, or push out of engagement and piss off around a corner, and she has a deceptively large threat range.
Her damage track is acceptable, augmented by Colette's doves to get blasts from her fire breathing attack.

Last game with her she ate two full turns of activations from a Rougarou, Barbaros, Titania, Doppelganger and Changeling before she went down, scoring me two points for Dig Their Graves and one for Leave Your Mark before she did.

She's really good, and I think probably a little too cheap.

For Mei, I'd also lean into the theme pretty hard.
Mei with blasts and Street Fighter, her Porkchop delivery system, and Arcane Effigy.
This set lets her load burning on stuff (ArcEff lets her attacks hand out Burning, first attack is flaming blasts), and then combo-fight (built-in trigger to attack again) with +flips to hit (due to charge from pig) and damage (because the targets are burning).
I've been sorely tempted to give her Imbued Energies for Fast, to get a whole second chain of punches off, or repeat the burning blast. I've used her with Imbued Protection so far, to make her a bit more survivable, but all it means is she dies three or four activations later - it doesn't often get me an extra actual activation out of Mei herself.

Kang or Joss fill similar roles as reliable tough slow beaters.
A couple of Rail Workers put out silly damage for their cost, and are fairly tough.

The rest of the seventeen-odd points is either Howard or Oxfordian Mages again, a Performer and Mannequin, or Angelica and a Raptor.

This crew is a little more likely to roll up the middle of the board to try and go toe-to-toe with the Guild, with the winner scoring the schemes.
The upside there is that Mei's Vent Steam can make her crew silly hard to actually hit with Sh/Ca, as in two or three -flips, so I should be able to get into melee on my terms and start cutting out the scary models.

A lower-scoring game with Claim Jump, Quick Murder or Hidden trap is probably what I'm looking at here.

I still haven't really got Mei worked out all that well as an offensive master, but as defence/support that can flip into offence she's rock hard.

Looking back at this map, that white-roofed building is exactly why I never have impassable shit flush against the endge of a table - it totally fucks one player's access to the adjacent corner.

A good few of these maps are not fantastically set up, the more I look at them.
I assume they are culled from a Vassal library or something.

Also the buildings are fuckhueg.

They didn't drop the racing game though. They dropped some other unannounced projects. Bayou Bash and the Darkness Comes Rattling expansion are still going to be coming out for better or worse.

Do they have these for GG 2017?

If you guys could design one master for your factions and come up with thematic models for this new master what would it all be like?

I know at least two ideas I'd have for different masters
>Gremlin Master Bocephus The Brash
>Swine-Cursed
>Synergy with pigs and gremlins by giving them a 4 inch push with a zero action
>Grapples enemy models down to give + filps to damage and to attack the grappled enemies
So far that's all I've got for the gremlin
Guild
Krueger
>Medical Robot
> Runs around the battlefield supporting and buffing living models by either attacking and soaking up wounds to transfer over to friendly living models
>It would be a condition called Fresh Blood gives out + to def and willpower and a + filp to attack actions
>Would have a healing flip and Armor +2 also a casting Action of a heal with a trigger on a ram and tone needing a 13 with a CA of 5
>Trigger would be Up and at em If selected model suffers enough damage to kill it, it instead heals one damage
I know there's likely a lot they share with other masters but I like the thought I put into it. Also let me know what you'd change about these two it would be interesting just to talk about this stuff.

Am I expected to infiltrate anything as TT Yan Lo as I am with McCabe or Mei Feng? I just want to know if I need to give rocks to Onryo and Goryo to have an optimal crew.

Nah. Mei's Porkchop and McCabe's Guild Hounds are really the only infiltrated models TT needs, and even they play fine without them.

>Do they have these for GG 2017?
Those are GG17.

Yup.
The announced projects sound cool.
The unannounced projects probably would have been cool.

Sounds like Bocephus the Brash wouldbe La Mancha Rocha's arch-nemesis or something.

Metal Gamin with Mei are decent for a cheap tough activation.

Kreiger's Up and at 'Em sounds like a cool but not useful ability.
I see what you're going for, but either it has a bananas high damage spread and min damage, or it is too unreliable to guarantee you kill a friendly unless it is on 1or 2 wounds, at which point a heal of 1 is not worth a Master AP.
That, or you mean "target heals 1/2/3 and gains a Condition (better Hard to Kill)" - potentially interesting, but I'm sure there are game-breaking combos in there.

My main stance on it is that the game cannot handle any more Masters added into it though.

Neil Henry from the Wave 5 Playtest looks like he might be really good with Mei.

Got my replies in a choppedup order there.

Interesting ideas, but I sincerely hope no more Masters are released.

Metal Gamin are worth importing.

TT Mei tends to summon loads of Komainu and doesn't really need the extra activations. For me she averages out at 9-10 turn 1, and then about 3 extra in the following turns.

How are you generating that much scrap?
Pig = 1 free
Emberling = 1 for a mid card.
... Obsidian Oni?
Killing your own stuff?

Can anyone suggest a good Toshiro proxy?
Iwant to use him as a mechanical.Arcanist summoner, the rotting guts look doesn't really fit.

Pic completely unrelated.

>Onryo and Goryo
Whichever can summon the other is probably worth it for a cheap-ish activation, and another summon for activations and another bubble.

So anyone actually ogt any thoughts on the new playtest stuff?

Besides "Wyrd's shitting the bed on this one"?

>Besides "Wyrd's shitting the bed on this one"?
Does "Wyrd's really shitting the bed on this one" count?

Welllll...
I mean if you could provide a specific example, with reasoning as paper-thin as you like, that'd at least be polite.

I'm pretty sure that the only things that either Onryo or Goryo can summon are seishen.

I am more conflicted over whether giving things adversary is worth it over just bringing along regular models. I will just stick to actual TT models for now.

Shadow Emissary. Fast Toshiro+Walk+Free scrap, and another free scrap from pig is 2 Komainu t1 if you have two 9+'s. Launch Mei after pig&snake - vent steam if you're facing a ranged crew - and then have Toshiro clean up the remains. Turn 2 you can do the whole thing over again and you're up 2 activations already if you decide you need your cards elsewhere.