Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

It's AoS all over again edition

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Transonic Blades. (embed)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck 8th edition im just gonna play my 5th edition dark eldar in 7th

Reposting for your convenience you fucking shill faggot.

All characters got more wounds you dishonest faggot, it's not a real buff. D3 damage is NOWHERE near as good as Armorbane, and his useless aura has a laughable range of a SINGLE FUCKING INCH.

Attacking twice is NOT worth losing Armorbane, losing Hatred Incarnate, much less Blessing of the Blood God, one attack and one strenght when all he's got for defense is power armor and a piss-poor 4++ defense when most HQs are always hitting on 2+ which is something only HE could do in the past and was not compensated for despite the points increase. He's MUCH more likely to get killed before his second round of attacks now, thanks a lot for the decreased straight-up lethality.

Eat shit in hell, you subversive fucking shill.

So what do you think about assault marines without jump packs plus a chaplain riding in a rhino?

Rhinos are too expensive to be battle taxis now for tactical marines, they need to get guys into an assault faster.

Same here

Is it worth play Imperial Guard if I'm planning to go competitive? Will they be shit in 8th?

Well, as bad as things are, at least we didn't suffer the indignity of female Primaris Marines

This, GW shill please go

>oh boy I can't wait for 8th
>8th comes out
>FUCK 8TH EVERYTHING IS RUINED
What happened exactly?

people on the internet freaked out, what do you think?

DE and Tyranids became tier 1.

in what world is DE tier 1

Things changed. Autistic children cannot handle change.

It's what people who've played it said.

Shitty aliens suddenly became actually okay, Taudar and Muhrine fags are shitting themselves in confusion as to why their OP pos armies didn't get a full buff

>Initial rules leak
>Panic ensues
>People are trying to meta with limited info
I'll just wait till the marines get chapter tactics before I panic

Fact: Berzerkers, Rubricae and Possessed got buffed.

But if Chaos doesn't have any good psychic powers though, that's a big problem. And missing marks for non-cult units, Ahriman not being able to use multiple smites, and Kharn not being resistant to psychic powers, are failures on GW's part.

samefag

Someone once said that the reason why GW doesn't just dial down the power creep is that no one wants to be first.

They brought them all down instead and still people are mad.

I have had a Tyranid army for 5 years and I sure don't feel brought down by 20 point warriors right now

You were shit, you get brought up instead.

Migrate, this other thread has more replies. Don't split the timelines.

Fuck off with the anime shit, are you trying to turn this general into pfg?

Well yes, I'm op but I also participate, i just didn't realised the name got stuck there.

mfw everyone is panicking but im just waiting to make my primaris flesh tearers and buy a noice gabriel seth so that i can ruin the model with my subpar painting skills

Because you can make all sorts of pretty promises until you actually have to put pen to paper. Now that people are seeing the reality instead of the advertising hype they're disappointed.

Why? They're way better.

Just got done playing a game of 8th with my 1k sons vs ad mech.
It was quite fun, and it's nice that the sons of magnus are actually quite viable now.
Some stuff I learned through the game:
>rubrics and scarab occult are tanky as fuck. A turn of an entire army of ad mech shooting only removed 6 rubrics
>magnus is powerful, but the lack of powers makes him not worth taking right now, since his bonuses are wasted on the mediocre heritcus powers.
>rule of one is not nearly a big deal as people make it put to be. Spamming smite is really powerful, and who doesn't love just throwing out warp lighting like Sheev all over the table.
>arhiman is really quite good. The drop in cost makes him quite viable
>warpflamers are worth the points. putting out tons of shots while advancing each turn is quite strong
>rhinos are quite tanky now, they can survive rather long unlike before

Can't wait to see what the CSM codex brings, because right now the hold over index is quite fun.

>Space Marines
>OP
They weren't even top 3.

I can only speak for my own faction (admech), but it seems to be the pattern.

I was super excited for 8th, but learned today they're stripping a whole bunch of the neat thematic rules from my soldiers; no more doctrina imperatives (so long infantry specialization), no more feel no pain, no more relentless, plasma got debuffed, sicarians are slower and have less attacks on the charge, the list goes on. Now they're basically the Guard, but with red capes. I'm still excited for 8th but much less so now that I know my army is going to be a bland faction that's okay with everything, has decent stats, and doesn't really stand out.

Based on what I'm seeing it looks pretty similar for the Tau, Craftworlds, and Marines; fluffy fun armies with characterization are now just armies that do things, slightly less well than they used to. That's boring and kind of sad, and makes the rules bloat from 7th suddenly seem more worth it than it did a month ago.

That's because the indexes are just to hold us over till the codexes. They'll add back in chapter tactics, relics and all the unique and fluffy rules.

Hopefully the full codex will have more uniqueness to it. People are saying these are just temp rules until full books come out but with the apparent obsession on "simplification" I'm worried GW will leave out a lot of fluffyness in the effort of making people have to remember fewer rules.

How is GW so stupid that they can't fit all the relevant information on a single page?

I could handle the rules bloat of 7e, if they actually formatted the statblocks so I don't have to consult 5 different books to figure out how a unit works.

>tfw non-psykers can summon Khorne daemons using a magic ritual

>codexes
Kys you illiterate hick

co·dex
ˈkōˌdeks/
noun: codex; plural noun: codexes; plural noun: codices

The plural of codex is codexes or codices. Learn English you fucking mong

One thing that makes me happy that nobody is talking about

Staff of Light and all it's character variants are power weapons again and with the new wounding system having S7 over S5 doesn't matter most of the time and the weapon tax is generally gone (obviously you want your chariot or destroyer lord to be dead killy but otherwise it's all good)

Codexes is literally what GW calls codices. Luckily, indexes is an actual word. If you refer to multiple 40k army codexes as codices, you are actually spelling it wrong.

I have no idea why GW does it that way, and I'm sure many people say "codexes" in real life without even knowing the real world is "codices", but there you go.

>Changeling is a cool character with cool rules again
>horrors suck all the cocks and are arguably the worst unit in the game

Why GW

Codexes and codices are equally correct. I'd assume GW chooses the former for copyeight reasons or something

Sounds like typical Khornate.
Especially because there's a fairly high chance of a bloodsplosion when he enters.

What's funny is a Prince has a PL of 11, so a Khorne champ has a relatively average chance of getting one on 3d6, and its only 180 reserve points

So do we have word on whether or not Auras affect the unit generating them?

I'm thinking about using my Repentia as Ministorium Priests with eviscerators.

I was wondering how many attacks my 57 point repentia are going to have.

Codexes is funner. And funner is gooder than regular old fun.

cool. now ita easy to just add some basalisks to my genecult army.
or a shadowsword for big things.

War scythe is the cheaper option so there's that if you don't think you'll be doing much in the way of shooting.

and i forgot the picture.

>magnus is powerful, but the lack of powers makes him not worth taking right now, since his bonuses are wasted on the mediocre heritcus powers.

Nigga, you can charge anything with your lmao 36" movement and the proceed to murder them with your hilariously powerful melee. You can actually rip a knight or LR in a single turn of combat you charge them in.

Oh yeah, and you have smite on crack. 7 mortal wounds every second cast is kinda brutal.

Guys

Where the fuck are my Chapters tactics.

Thanks based user great to hear ACTUALLY FUCKING FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE RATHER THAN MINDLESS WHINING FROM PEOPLE WHO JUST COMPARE ONE EDITION TO A DEAD ONE!

coming in the codex.

So far afaik none of the auras specify another friendly so it should be good.

The hell, I assumed they came baseline at 0 like they always had. I mean I'll still pick them now but lame.

Wait for the codex like everyone else.

Like I said, he's powerful. I just don't feel that, with the lack of powers at this point, he's worth his cost at this point. When there's more variety in Psykic powers, then he'll definitely be worth it.

But I also played quite a few games yesterday with my loyaltists, and guilliman is really fucking strong, so that may have spoiled me.

18 for the staff, 11 for the scythe. I'd pretty much only take them on crypteks.

Question is how long until we start seeing the full army books. I'd imagine we'll see at least a marine book before the end of the year.

So why did GW remove carapace armour as an option for imperial guard?

The Vostroyan line wears carapace. Rough riders and shotguns have no model yet they stayed.

I SWEAR TO MIGHTY GILGAMESH IF THEY CHANGE MY CHAPTER TACTICS AND I HAVE TO RIP OFF ALL THESE CHAINSWORDS THAT I JUST PUT ON AFTER RIPPING OFF ALL THEIR BOLTERS

There was a faggot who claimed they were all dropping at once (codexes NOT indexes) because they said it at WHfest

Still Very Uncertain On The Effectiveness Of The Stoma, Can Anyone Give Advice?

>>horrors suck all the cocks and are arguably the worst unit in the game

Because they were the best troops in the game in 7E after Eldar jetbikes

Opinions?

Primaris and Death Guard books will no doubt be out soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see both before mid-July.

Am I fucking retarded and just over thinking this?

So a Leman Russ has 3 attacks at 7+ wounds, but a battle cannon is heavy d6. Does that mean the Russ shoots 3 times or d6 times? Is the 3 just for melee attacks? That's what I figured, just want to be 100% sure.

Also, whats the deal with damage d3/d6/dwhatever if shooting at a unit? If I shoot at a unit of gaunts and roll d3 for damage, am I rolling to wound 3 models?

My pleasure user. It's good to finally be able to field lots of rubrics and win. My scarab occult didn't do too great, but that's because I DS them right in range of the shirtless glowing ad mech guys who proceeded to take them to town, so that's more a tactical error on my part.

If anyone has any questions about how this edition actually plays I've done games with marines, knights, ad mech grey knights and 1k sons, so I'd be happy to share my limited hands on experience of 8th with anyone who has any fears, because the edition is really fun so far and I'd hate to see people burn models because of something like Veeky Forums doomsaying

to anyone whos lurking heres a link to all the 8th edition shit mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>I just don't feel that, with the lack of powers at this point, he's worth his cost at this poin
But how? He can easily charge his worth of points across the table and then straight up murder it with ease.

Granted, i may be theorycrafting too much, but given his engagement range, tankiness and ability to murder superheaves on average even if we ignore his Smite, i can't see him not killing his points of worth and more.

>all dropping at once

no way
marines first then everyone else can wait

Should have brought them all UP to the level of the OP factions, not make everything so flavorless and boring.

My opinion is that 2.52 MB is too large.

Attacks stat is for assault, like it always has been. The Battle cannon fires D6 times, damage is the number of wounds you do to a single model, it does not spill over.

Everyone else seems mad about what happened to their armies but between this and the Faction Focus article today I'm one happy Phaeron.

Where can I get the rest of the index?

Bretty good, my dude

They couldn't be asked to put in a couple of line of text.

For a Death Guard the green paint on his armour is very well maintained. Impeccable even.

Don't lump Tau and marines together. The percentage of retarded faggot lists in Tau and Eldar armies is far higher than marines.

You get something like 300 Tau and Eldar players per tournament, and 99% of them have faggot lists. You get something like 600+ marine players and only 50% or less have faggot lists.

This is the kind of post we want to see and not the austic REEEEEE of this days

Don't capitalize every word like an autist?

People seem to think a horde of footguard might be viable based on a dirt cheap heavy weapons teams and a shit ton of command points.

Lemon Yiffs are officially trash though. And vendettas just got straight squatted. Also no more combined squads because fuck you.

No they aren't, if you don't play them you don't get an opinion.

That's literally what 7E was like so why are all the guardfags moaning now of all times

Thanks m8s.

4 wound, 4+ Save 4 attack repentia coming up!
shame about that 5+ to hit

>It's AoS all over again edition
it's 3rd edition all over again, you mean

Bland af.

"Drybrush vomit" nurgle paintjobs suck.

because it got even worse.

Doesn't need that. Put on some rust, some chipping, some weathering.

I get that, and it pissed me off as a tzeentch player. I stopped playing them because of how unfun they were. Now, they are nerfed into the ground and more expensive for it. You have to pay 100pts for a 1/3 chance to smite with only an assault 2 lasgun for backup. They could have at least made flickering fire S4 again. Not that I have any, but Blue/Brimstone horrors are actually worthless, too.

I just want to be able to play like I did in 5th again, which was horror spam MSU Deepstrike vomiting a bunch of S4 fire everywhere with the occasional S8 shot for good measure.

>Primaris Captain has pregnant belly

user, I have some bad news ...

How do Terminators fare in this edition? Is deepstriking them in behind enemy lines to light up their vulnerable units viable? I've always wanted to pull off a pincer maneuver like that.

That killyness will be wasted against most armies. Certainly against superheavies and the like magnus will be well worth his points, but in my game against ad mech he was mostly just wiping out chaff, and it just felt like he needs something extra to justify the 415 point price tag. Though that was the only game I've played with him, so maybe if/when I go uo against armies with stuff like kinghts he'll prove his worth. If we were still in 7th's deathstar's everywhere meta, he'd be well worth the cost. But we aren't.
But who knows, maybe as I and more people play my opinion will change.

combined squads were ass cancer

Heavy/special/command squads being heavy/elite choices is a strange choice, though. They should have kept the whole "buy a platoon in a single troop slot" thing alive.

This was inevitable for the indexes. It's just the baseline. The Codex releases will bring back the flavor and then some, more than we've ever seen (look at the AoS battletomes for examples)

It's a beer gut, because Primaris are actually just Squats on stilts.

Shooty Termies seem a lot better. Rapid Fire 2 is neat. TH/SS Termies still seem pretty good and way better than LC termies.

It's just blood and a bit of chanting, any worthwhile Khorne Lord will keep a couple of vials on hand.

That's nice if you play marines or death guard but you know damn well everyone else is going to be waiting the better part of a year for a real codex, and that's if they're lucky.

Post your Tsons list if you'd be so kind