Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Game General (Pathfinder & Starfinder) /pgg/

Ruins of the Past Edition:
Tell me about the times you've made fallen nobles, hidden bastards, exiled princes and other sorts. Was it written tastefully, or a mere excuse to be "special?"

Unified /pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy89m6?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Conversion-Guide
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's my excuse to play someone comically out-of-touch, mostly.

How are those Ensoulment apps coming along, /pgg/? Have you finished editing them?

Honestly, the only time I've made a hidden bastard with royal blood was my attempt to play tropes as straight as possible.

He still turned out to be probably one of the more quirky, dorky, and odd characters in the whole party (so far).

>Have you finished editing them?

Yep, all done. I've had to convince myself to put it down. Either the GM will like the concept or he won't. Spending an entire month tweaking it would be torture.

Not at all. I'm stuck in the depths of revisions.

I've been having a bit of a tough time trying to boost up Giancarlo's motivations with the recent retraction and the floodgates opening.

I've been thinking about the morality of "reach the top and make damn sure we stay there", but putting it into more words is where the issue is.

I'll never be done editing.

Almost done, just trying to figure out how to make the character more Romantic. Gonna be reading literature by Lord Byron to refresh myself on the Romantic concepts.

The one time I did, it was mostly to give an excuse for the arranged marriage she was running away from to exist.

I want a rundown on all Ensoulments apps so far!

Newbie here.

How interchangeable are PF rules with DnD 3.x adventures and supplements?

I think Ichabod should be done soon.

>finishing editing

Please, I've got at least 2 or 3 total rewrites to go.

aaaaaaa I want to app with an unrequited love!

Hi Sleep

Hi Wist

>How interchangeable are PF rules with DnD 3.x adventures and supplements?
Pretty damn interchangeable, honestly. It'll take maybe 2-3 minutes to rejigger them

I find it funny that people were all 'Casimir btfo lelelel' when he's just a swordlord in name.

Only the spider actually has dueling sword proficiency, Cass just uses his as a longsword.

What elements would need revising?

Did some editting earlier today just before Protag read it.

Got told I was a terrible fit for the party, not a hero as he sees it.

But would make a good NPC, which is what I was trying to make anyways

Swordlords got fucked hard. It's really sad, I like their aesthetic but their mechanics are just too fucked for me to play as a true Swordlord.

Little does this user realize, their characters are cursed to forever be requited in their love! Never shall they know the heartbreak of one-sided devotion! They shall spend the rest of their days in love and comfort! Bahahahaaa!

>Swordlord classes, archetypes, and feats suck
This makes no difference to a ZS Warder

There's actually a free download they've got for this sort of thing.
paizo.com/products/btpy89m6?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Conversion-Guide

If you need help, feel free to ask. We could use an excuse to keep the lewdposting to a minimum.

That's because very fucking little matters to that shitpile of an archetype.

aaaaaaaaaaaa the misery ;__;

The trouble is when 3PP or at least PoW isn't allowed.

also, you can easily replicate a swordlord with warlord

Thanks. That document seems to only deal with 3.5. Are 3.5/3.0 directly interchangeable?

I know, right? The idea is so cool, but it's like there's at least three different people writing the stuff for them, they all have different ideas on what the swordlords should be about, and all of them are absolute shit at balance.

See, the thing about the Swordlord is you don't need to BE a Swordlord mechanically to be one in the fluff. At their core, a Swordlord is meant to be a one-handed swordsman using a long, slightly-curved blade to perform feats of extreme swordsmanship and acrobatics. This is easily presented with a Scarlet Throne-focused Warder (I say Warder because the Shield Bonus from ZS best represents parrying) that prestiges into Landsknecht.

They are, even moreso than 3.5 and Pathfinder.

It was like one person you fanboy autist/Slow.

Fuck off.

>This is easily presented with a Scarlet Throne-focused Warder (I say Warder because the Shield Bonus from ZS best represents parrying) that prestiges into Landsknecht.
Which is literally Casimir's build and trajectory.

ZS warder and landsknecht does represent the whole parrying thing better than warlord. However, I feel warlord is also a strong choice for replicating the swordlord feel.

Would you let THIS ugly literal bastard throw away your night tea?

Oh, absolutely! Warder does a good job representing the Swordlord's ability to "get in the zone" (Defensive Focus), parrying (Aegis) and bravado for dueling (Armiger's Mark) but the Warlord certainly shows off their knack for getting snappy during a fight, what with those gambits and all.

Speaking of prestige classes, I remember a post from a previous thread. Thoughts?

>So, I've heard some DMs are incorporating a custom rule into their standard one-class campaigns: if you qualify for a Prestige Class, you can take it for a gestalt. So, if you were an Unchained Rogue 6 and wanted to play a Shadowdancer, you could be a Shadowdancer 1| UnRogue 6 instead of Shadowdancer 1 | UnRogue 5!

The ONLY even halfway-decent mechanics thing to come out of ALL content related to swordlords is the Sword Scion trait being a nice perk to encourage you to use a longsword, sometimes. Increases your attack and CMB with longswords (and Exotic Useless Longswords as well) by 1. Might be the only always-on attack bonus available as a trait.

Who was it?

>autistic fanboy or Slow himself
>shouting "Casimir btfo lelelel"
I don't think you understand how fandom works, user.

I kinda wanna make my own Swordmaster archetype now.

Maybe give them a choice later on what type of swording they wanna specialize in. Single big hits, many fast hits, or defensive swordery.

And just a flat 'all swords' proficiency like Tengu got.

Yeah. Gambits are sick.

user, that's how fanboyism works, you say a mild negative towards the person you like and see people deny it.

Have you ever done something exceedingly petty in character, such as make up a tongue twister name for whomever is writing your papers?

I once had a character so angry he stole every left shoe and boot in a castle during the night for a bit of revenge on the resident lord and his men.

And I don't think you can read
>Then again I did legit forget a comma there
>It was like one person, you fanboy autist/Slow.

Just make a UC monk archetype that can only flurry with one handed/light weapons and an empty off hand. Refluff ki as some sort of focus/panache ability and limit ki powers (maybe throwing in some unique ones).

You're right, I don't know how to read. Sorry.

What makes someone a hero?

dying usually

So I guess someone who refused to die is a bad hero after all...

Go away Sleep. Don't stray down the Rory path.

>let
A real man wouldn't ask! Is the Abyss Knight a real man, or is he a limp coward?!

gotta have night tea to throw away first.

Dying makes someone "an hero". there's a difference user.

YES, PLEASE

Ichabod
>Pay attention to me!

Derrin
>Nigga, do you expect me to read all that shit?

Mazdak
>Saudi Orcrabia

Aeldrannas
>By your powers combined! I am... a pretty shit character.

Felix
>Roll20Rando/10

Orion
>STRONK

Niccolo
>Autism

Ceraphine
>Guize, remember Valeriya was a thing?

Petre
>NO ONE IS GENERIC LIKE PETREEEE!

Witch
>My flaw is that I'm part-angel with purple hair~
>I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

Mouse
>Adorable, grounded, and a perfect fit for the game. Protagonist pls.

Jericho
>I didn't know sneks could be depressed.

Itsuko
>Muh Japanese Science Princess Waifu

Cornelia
>Snooty Elven Wizard.
>Wow.
>With this level of originality, I can see why PFG has been creaming themselves over this PC.

Lao Chen
>Dual Uzis/10

Giancarlo
>A rambler, a gambler, and a character bereft of anything interesting.

Ortzi
>Imma use a picture from last season's most popular anime, and hope no one notices / 10

Isao
>I wanna inspire people!
>You and half these fucking applicants. Do something to stand out.

Dorag
>This character asks important questions. Questions like, what does it mean to truly be "in da house"?

Ryoko
>I'll suck your dick onyani-chan

Rintaelle
>Resistance is futile. ;D

Rodrick
>E D G E
>D
>G
>E

Rokar
>Terrible character. Don't allow in.

Alexander
>Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Ensoulment

Varius
>I literally fell asleep while reading this.

Hakak
>Good character. Should get in.

Serena
>Am I kawaii enough user-sama?

Jabirtzuel
>The name is literally the most interesting thing about this character

Spidget
>Get it? because Fidget Spinners are a thing!

Damian Robinson
>11/10

Kayrie
>Do not respond. Do not quote. Let it rot.

"Let" implies you'd allow the transgression to pass without a fight.

But seriously, fuck off Sleep.

What if you just... Wait for an opportunity where she hasn't had her night tea? A spontaneous encounter, as it were.

Is Starfinder as shitty as actual Pathfinder?

She'll just find more. Unless, like a true villain, you carry her away and keep her chained up in your lair until you're SURE your dark seed took root.

Those are the best kind. She's bending over, pulling some of them trail rations out or something, and you just mosey on over and put a hand on that sweet rump, and before you know it, things are getting hot and heavy and you're rolling initiative

Objectively the best analysis of apps so far. Good job.

You did good, user.

Not really, it's got some warts and wrinkles but the system offers more to do than Pathfinder.

>Ryoko
>I'll suck your dick onyani-chan

T-thanks.

Time vill tell...
Sooner or later...
Time vill tell.

>Hand
Small time, my friend. You can do so much better than that for appendages.

Oh, well, maybe you can't. But some can.

>fairies will never replace his snuff with pepper

Why even adventure?

>Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Ensoulment

Okay, you win this time.

I made a general outline for my cavalier, and the nation in my DM's setting that matched it the most just happened to have been destroyed recently by... uh... Nazis. So I was a fallen noble hunting magical Nazis.

>Implying the Greenbelt isn't gushing with fae

We dont even know yet, it's not out.

But some dumbshits apparently think baseless speculation is enough to warrant a name change

>Implying you can't beat his Perception with a halfway-decent Sleight of Hand check

I am sad that no game allows Automatic bonus progression.

It's bad, user.

GM Modified ABP > No ABP at all > Default ABP

That's what a Good DM is for!

I know, but the likelihood is so remote...

Unless I PM Wubu about it!

Well, still working on my redheaded Vigilante for Ensoulment. What are the rest of you up to?

Sabotaging redheaded vigilantes in the minds of the public.

Procrastinating on editing my Ensoulment app.

Which of the currently open games would be best for a vigilante who's a elegant noble lady slash circus performer slash thief-assassin who uses ribbons as weapons?

PM
THE
MOTHERFUCKER

I'd waifu a qt redhead vigilante. What's her story?

You can't, Hot!Jericho is the general's new sweetheart.

Suffering

>Serena
>Am I kawaii enough user-sama?
Maybe it's just been a really tiresome day, but I don't get it.

Why didn't DHB just make Jericho a cute snake girl?

Not one of them

Serena is generic waifu bait.

>Maybe it's just been a really tiresome day, but I don't get it.
The joke is she's trying too hard to be cute.

I didn't mean for her to be waifu bait, but I can see that. Not sure where exactly, but I can understand, I guess.

Not her player, but I don't see it either. She's probably got the least "appeal" of any of the girls.

She has a cute anime girl image.

I like anime girls, what can I say? I chose the image because I liked it and it felt sorta roman.

Posting Thursday Night Wuxia because I haven't seen it in this thread yet. app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west

>In the heart of Tianjin, fire erupts from the holy shrine atop Mt. Guanghui.

>The dreaded necromancer Zǔ Yáng Líng, known as the Regiment of a Thousand Bones, struck down the priestess Jìn Zhēn Dié and seized the pommel stone of Xiān Chūmén, the first and most powerful of the 108 Heavenly Sealing Swords. With his prize in hand he fled westward to lands far past the Wall of Heaven, leaving the blazing ruins of the Guanghui Shrine infested with undead abominations as the 14th Bride of Heaven bled out on the cobblestones to seek the Hilt, the Guard, the Blade, and the Sheathe of Xiān Chūmén, that he might reassemble the heavenly sword and wield its awesome might as an extension of his own. Or worse, destroy it, straining the lock upon the gate to the Abyss that lies beneath Tianjing and obliterating the shackles which bind Isph-Aun-Vuln in the darkest shadowy depths of the Qlippoth's realm.

>His intentions matter not.

>You have been charged - by duty, by fate, by contract and coin, or even by simple curiosity - to embark upon a journey to the west in hopes of stopping Zǔ Yáng Líng from assembling Xiān Chūmén. If you do not, whether he simply takes the blade for himself to enhance his own power, or chooses to unleash the horrific hordes of the Abyss upon the world, it matters not. The end result would make all the atrocities of Tar Baphon appear as a child slinging mud in the yard. Where the other fragments lie cannot be said, but the old legends tell they were scattered across the globe - one to Arcadia, one to Avistan, one to Garund, one to Casmaron, and one to Tian Xia. Truth or falsehood, it's the only lead you have, and with the bloody path the Regiment of a Thousand Bones seeks now to carve across Casmaron, it seems that Kelesh and Vudra may be your best bet to find them...

So we've got
>fairies pranking him and getting him to knock somebody up
>noblewoman preying on a younger Kyras
>whatever involved using up that dose of bachelor's snuff

And who knows what else that randy asshole got up to?

>Golarion
>Using PF for Wuxia instead of Legends of the Wulin
Pass.

I really like the character, and it's precisely for those reasons that I think she makes an ideal waifu. Don't worry about it, 'Cate.
Serena is good stuff. Keep up the good work!

I hear he stole the virginity of everybody on Golarion in one night, like Santa if the chimney was a metaphor for something else.

Never a fallen noble. But right now I'm playing a proper noblewoman. Daddy won't give her access to any of the family fortune since she's a slut for greenskins