Fallout NV X SMT

>DM a game of Fallout 3.0 w/ friends
>none of them have played SMT (barely know that Persona exists)
>we are about to start a game in NV where the PCs crash the 2nd Battle for Hoover Dam and generally screw up the day for everyone
>Want to inject elements of SMT into it
> the Faction leaders have Reasons and Sponsors, the PCs get a death god to support them (represented by a five headed raven in reality)
>Somehow the PCs fight YHVH and recreate the world in their image

I'm super open to suggestions, criticisms, whatever (this is a rough draft for a wider story, their first adventure is to rescue Boone, who becomes a Kaz Miller expy after being captured by the Legion in the aftermath of the 2nd battle)

In the meantime I'll bump the thread w/ my shitty art.

Bumparoony

Reasons for this combination of games?

Many characters in New Vegas have very lofty ideas for how Vegas (and in extension post-apoc US) should be ran, and it reminded me of Nocturne with how the characters competed over how the natural order of the world should be. I could easily imagine Caesar being sponsored by an Avatar of Mars (or Baal), or Courier Six (assuming Independent) being sponsored by Lucifer.

/2 also the fact that NV is full of mythology, esecially regarding the Divide, Sierra Madre, "muh bear and bull"

Sounds like fun user. You gonna include actual demons for the most part?

For right now as Sponsors only, but if I plan out my campaign carefully I'll try to pull off a Conception, with the Lucky 38 becoming the Tower that leads to YHVH. Then I'll pour on the demons for sure

Last one

>PCs fight god and recreate the world in their image
Criticism: You jumped the shark.

Valid point! I figured I could use it as a story reward for essentially dethroning the Creator of the universe, its more of an earned conclusion than anything else. I plan on making the player's slowly realize that the Great War was not a mistake and Mankind was forced to suffer as punishment, something that would especially resonate (and anger greatly!) the supermutant and ghoul PCs.

*players
fuck finals man

Given SMT's infinite multiverses dealio, quite doable.

Just replace PIPboys with Daemonica's

And Nuclear Power with Demons.

The great powers literally fired missiles filled with demons at each other

India literally used Brahmastra and fucked everything

thorridingamissle.jpeg

This pretty much is already the plot to a couple SMT games, just replace Tokyo with Midwest America, innit?

I'm not a FO purist but if I joined a FO game
and you started talking about demons and shit i would be kinda pissed.
Just be clear with your players that you are ass raping the original setting and what you're adding.

has a point, don't try to pull an M Night Shimmyshamadong on them

>the PCs get a death god to support them (represented by a five headed raven in reality)

So The Morrigan

Do you actually want to play Fallout? Because it sounds like you don't want to play Fallout.

not necessary the morrigan, more like Dagda than anything else.

Not gonna lie it swings both ways. When I start creating characters that would realistically fit in New Vegas, I start to see the incompatibilities between the settings. I'm a sucker for post apocalypse melodrama

also should have specified, the characters created a secret cult, so I plan on introducing their "patron" as a complete surprise (it saves them from death)

So you have already introduced magic? There is cannon spookiness but nowhere near this degree.

PLEASE clear this with players. A complete shift in setting is not a good surprise.

I already cleared the patron thing with them, I do not want to talk to them regarding the change until I have a crystal clear image of what I want to do. Regarding the patron, I might reduce the blatant (not spooky) and add more mysterious (spooky). I drew as a potential design for the patron.

After much thought (and a ritalin fueled all nighter spent on a marketing final), forcing the two settings might not be the best. Writing weird settings is honestly a shit ton of fun but I might be forcing a odd/"unfun" experience on the players, in hindsight.

I mean thematically this whole think so so not Fallout it's not even funny, but if everyone is having fun who am I to criticize.

if anything just do what the hell happened to what's left of america after the world went to shit in the smt universe. You'll get the western setting with demons, you just have to do more legwork yourself making said setting memorable.