Do you have any stories of player betrayal?

Do you have any stories of player betrayal?

PCs betraying each other, players betraying each other out of game during it, the party betraying people in the game, and so on.

>barbarian who ended up more charismatic than our rogue ended up seducing a baroness and getting plenty of favors and perks from her
>finds out about her alliance with another noble who's allied with a bad guy the party's after
>cold balls stone heart betrays her to make it look like he never was in league with her and also helps our goal by turning her over to the noble we're looking for
>he gets laid and tons of gold and intel assistance and she gets stocked and pelted with rotten fruit then castawayed on an island for working with the traitor noble
>charismabarian gives no two fucks

Yeah, I wasn't even salty
>party with classic rogue, a ranger/fighter, a cleric, and me
>last character was impractical and the jokes were getting stale so group agreed to let me swap out
>like the 'that guy' that I am, I roll up a masked wrestler monk
>manage to do with without being too obnoxious
>get into it enough that everyone gets over the initial autism
>foiling some kind of royal plot to ursurp another house or something like that
>corner arc BBEG in a warehouse with a couple of guards
>finally get a shot to show off the fun side of grapple combat
>slide tackle orc guard and pull a sweet coffee grinder tripping the other
>others rush BBEG
>turns out he's a sorceror
>floor turns to tentacles
>fighter and orc guards getting pulled into an abyss
>I escape because lucky as fuck rolls (tentacles fucking blow btw)
>BBEG levitates into the air
>mighty leap and catch him by the foot
>rising while attempting to pin his arms and prevent him from casting
>he blasts me with scorching rays, reducing health to neighborhood of 10
>on fire
>about 60 ft in the air when I finally pin him
>"You hover for a second before your momentum turns, what do you want to do with your last moments?"
>Alligator roll and ride his ass down
>"you realize this will not cushion your fall enough to do jack, right?"
>do it
>hit hard
>-5 health
>cleric on hand
>"Heal him! Quick!"
>cleric smiles
>"I cast fireball"
>toasts my ass
>everyone loses their shit but him and DM
>turns out he was a possessed oracle and none of us noticed he was blatantly evil for half the arc
Really well done, he was a fantastic player.

>scrolling through catalogue
>suddenly i imagine men screaming
>notice your image

Goddamn I didn't even consciously notice the image until I heard the mental screaming.

I was in a ten year long campaign that was filled with so much backstabbing that players spent more time alone with the DM in the garage(that's where the DM pulled players aside for secret shit he didn't want anyone metagaming on) than actually together when all was said and done.

We had PVP.
We had players playing current characters having to fight their old characters.
We had PCs attempting to orchestrate the end of the world and almost succeeding.
We had PCs trying to save the world and almost failing.

You know when a really long running show finally comes an end and they do a bunch of reveals about the characters and stories to wrap everything up before rolling credits? It was like that in our final session. There were schemes in play from the very first session to the last that were PC driven. I don't think I'll ever experience anything quite like it again. We can barely get a short campaign going these days with how busy everyone is. Getting old sucks.

PVP isn't for everyone though. We just had the kind of group where it worked out so well and made for an intriguing story.

Have you got any specifics you want to share?

i cant even kill good and neutral NPC's in RPG games, theres no way i could PvP in D&D.

>Do you have any stories of player betrayal?
I play VtM, half of my characters where Tremere.
I cannot recall a campaign where either I betray my group, my group betrays me, my clan-mates betray me or some combination of the above.

I was not unfortunate enough to have shitty players who think it's okay to betray the party. Those are the most cancerous That Guys that have ever walked the earth.

I thank my lucky stars every day that my groups don't have shitty people who will betray you in a fucking Cooperative Game.

Good on you for retaining your calm like that.

I would've been like
>slowclap.webm
>"Wooow. You must feel sooo smart right now. Good job."
That is, if I felt like playing the monk character that just died, more. If I was not disappointed that he died, then I would probably not give a shit. But that would also mean that I wouldn't give two shits about the campaign, either.

In some systems or settings betraying the party is part of the core mechanis. Paranoia is straight-up built on it.

Those are exceptions to the rule.

In games that are not Paranoia or MAID RPG, I expect the players to work together, not stab each other in the back.

I walked out of a game once. I just got tired of my retard group and attacked them until I died and then left.

>let's blow a load on him and get outta here

This image encapsulates players betraying their DM.

> new player joins existing game at recommendation of two other players
> not sure, but okay
> creating character, refuses to accept that a new character in a low powered campaign can't be super snowflake military expert in everything,
> buys one rank (ie: you took an afternoon seminar in this) of _every_ skill against recommendations of everyone present
> gets told "Okay, player X over there? He's my pet archaeologist. Your job is to keep him safe, so he can study those artefacts for me
> new guy proceeds to attack other players, steal their stuff (including artefacts), run off into woods, and bury it.
> demands that they put him in charge of everything forever or he'll never give them back their stuff
. . .
I don't even.

It really depends on the game you're playing. In a traditional dungeon delve cooperation is requirement for survival, while in Vampire betrayal is more or less expected, for example. In the latter case getting angry from being betrayed would be That Guy behavior, while in the first the reverse would be true.

Did he whine a lot when his character got his ass handed to him by other players?

fucKING SLAVES GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE

Just yesterday, we played a Burning Wheel one-shot that basically ended like this

>Some fire magic sets the dwarf's beard on fire, he screams and runs away to the night
>Gets caught by the player ratman's company, who all want something on the dwarf, and also want to eat him
>Elf goes to save him
>Ratman decides to take the side of the rats
>Every non-rodent gets eaten

Did the player further his character's Beliefs that way? If so, I hope he got rewarded for roleplay after the game.

See

>people post stuff like this and don't get banned
>I post a little picture of a girl getting peed in her mouth and I get banned
thanks Veeky Forums

He did, and he got. We basically played through The Sword scenario, which you may know of - and if you do, you know of the roden cultist therein.

All in all it was good fun, despite the bad ending.

Nigga what?

It's the introductionary scenario for con games right? I'm glad it worked out well in the end!