Draw your Party/Party images thread

Haven't seen one in a while and finally got something to post myself.

Share your and your pals' characters, if you have them!

Our DM's sister drew our characters after almost 2 years of running the campaign and they've turned out pretty well, overall.
I'm the Necro Gnome.
We've been arguing about kicking the edgelord out of the group for a while and will hopefully do so soon after his last bullshit he pulled.

Other urls found in this thread:

jamdrawers.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>edgelord

which one of the three exactly?

The Dark Elf probably.

Top right is definitely supreme edgelord.

The drow dude in the upper right, of course.
Which of the others are "edgelords" anyway? Look pretty normal for their classes/races.

This desperately needs a 6 months due update

>those size differences
>that groin-head
I need explanations.

So does do the drow.

My friend drew this one a long time ago now of our party. High fantasy and Earthboundian setting.
From Left to Right:
>Shroom, Mushmin (Mushroom Folk) Bard of around 21 years-old. Smug, sarcastic, alcoholic, and frequently, though unsuccessfully, flirty. Aspires to be a legendary musician, but can't play very well. More cowardly than he lets on. Very rebellious and dislikes of being told what to do. Uses a crude bagpipe. Party healer, buffer, and face.
>Dalton, Quarter-Dwarf Fighter of around 12 years-old. Loves law, rules, and doing things by the book. Greatly aspires to be a Paladin. Doesn't see eye-to-eye with Shroomin often. Wields a large, wooden hammer. Party tank.
>Dracio, baby Dragon Fighter. Influenceable, naive, and thoroughly unwise of the world, but incredibly good-hearted for a dragon. Loves baking and cooking. Uses tooth, nail, and fire breath in combat.
>Wanda, Human Mage of around 14 years-old. Ambitious, intelligent, and book-smart, though frustrated easily, slightly sadistic, and very odd. Often somewhat arrogant over the party due to her magical powers.

Also included:
>Johnny, our Undead Sailor DMPC. Wise and experienced in battle and tactics, though he's prone to lie, exaggerate, and brood. Likes poetry. Has his own ship, to sail and as of late, fly around in.
>Hexenmesier, Formerly-[/spoiler[ Human Sorceror and reocurring villain. Usually harmless, he loves proclaiming himself to be an evil villain, cackling, monologue-ing, and scheming up traps and plots that only end up backfiring. Hates the party, but has no problem with most anyone else. Not very bright or wise, and has frequent memory problems, but he's a very powerful foe when he needs to be.

It pays to play with a great artist with a lot of free time.

Votig, Chompy(lizard), Oren, Minerva, Eliam, Elise.

Votig was (rip) a Dwarven Boxer. Chompy was (rip) a lizard monster who Votig tamed with earth magic. Oren is a blood mage, Minerva a rogue (with uh, firebending), Eliam is a bard who shoots magic arrows, Elise is healer/dumb baby

We each have an element due to some chosen one shit. Thus the fire magic.

Nice group. Hopefully the Drow doesn't pull down the general quality of the roleplay.

My Pathfinder group for Sundays.

Not pictured:
>Nosirrah - human fighter
>Gregory - shaman (never got what his race was) with a racoon familiar named Misha
>Kiri - vanara druid

Unfortunately a bunch of people had to drop out since it's summer and they're all working. Now it's just Nimladrie, Domaug and Elesair.

Here's ours, sans our bard, who replaced the paladin after he left on a quest to save his family.

He's the "no-fun-allowed and if you make fun of me I will gut you" super serious kind of guy, IRL and in-game, despite the group being very light-hearted and always joking around. He's also the only one so far that had our DM kill off his first character because "he found it super boring to play and wanted to help more in social stuff", thus making a Bladelock with 19 Charisma. He still doesn't talk ever and if he does he talks so much like an edgelord that any NPC naturally finds him wierd, despite 19 Cha.

He's also just a giant metagaming douche of the "asks for 5€ gas money for driving an extra 10 minutes to bring one of us home if he can't drive anymore" variant.

Just parachuting in the thread. There's a Earthboun/MOTHER setting? That's sound fantastic, if good built.

Drop him. Gaming is meant to be done with friends.

There ought to be a system for it, but I meant Earthboundian as in the tone and humor of the games is prominent in the setting. I'd definitely play a more modern setting like Earthbound, though.

I've had a lot of short campaigns that ended quickly so i've done a whole bunch of character lineups.
The big catfolk, the kobold and the blue energy thingie are both NPC's, and the last 4 are either retired characters or people who tried it out for a session or two before disappearing forever.

It was pretty fun though. I played the first character, Kala Kutani, and had some fun being an annoying child. There was some decent chemistry with her, the speccy nerd, overcoat guy, monk and kobold, although the monk's unshakable rage had a bad tendency to start combat at every opportunity. Our characters got into into an argument after he killed some unconscious, wounded bug people, who he assumed were pirates.

I also drew every single enemy we fought up to a point, as a sort of Beastiary. The haunted piano was a fun boss.

zardoz

This campaign ended shortly after Anders (smug dude in the middle) tried to solo an encounter and accidentally lead an enraged Plague Undead into our base in the middle of the night, killing him and 2 other PC's (the blond boy and the ranger on the right) as well as several NPC's in the dead of night.

When Mercier (me (left)) had finally Slain the beast, he and the alchemist were the only two still alive, and the entire rest of the fort they had been holding out in had been infected. The campaign ended after he boarded up the front gate and sealed his fallen comrades in.

The current campaign seems to be kinda dead, as we havent played in a while and the system were using is terrible, and I really dont like the 3rd character.
Dudes 1 and 2 are kinda grounded normal dudes just surviving in this world and dude 3 is named "straight outta LA", wears full knight armour, has a T-shirt with a bullseye that says "don't miss" on it, and killed the very first NPC we met without ever finding out who he was. He also did his best to solo every single encounter due to the system being fucking terrible (there is no turn order, meaning that every action is done "in logical order", which means "whoever says it first")

"Apocalypse World" might be fine IRL but online it's a fucking terrible system to play.
The worst part is probably the fact that the rulebook is written entirely in-universe.

I forgot to mention that it was pretty annoying how, as a rogue, 90% of my abilities were completely useless as we usually fought giant monsters or already alerted groups of baddies that were almost always immune (or almost immune) to poison.
I don't think I ever actually successfully poisoned anyone during the entire campaign.

I'd invite you to my current party solely for drawing ability, honestly. Those are amazing.

I've done comission things for other people's parties before.

They're super fun to draw

Commissions, eh? Got a... tumblr? Something to keep an eye on you?

jamdrawers.tumblr.com/

I've done a lot of requests in the drawthread in the past month or so.

Neat. Might get at you for some stuff later.

Noob artist here.

Party consist of:
Lizardfolk fighter
Catfolk swashbuckler/Magus
Kogold rogue
Human Inquistor

Probably the first group I drew something for since they're actually nice people.

These are all fantastic.

Now I have other groups to follow since my draw your party waifu apparently died in her latest picture.

Definitely saving in case I get a group in the future, I like.

Here's our current party, proud business owners, politicians, philanthropists and soon to be mob bosses

Pathfinder 2014

This is seriously creepy.

I believe it.

I am very slow at drawing, so I never really finish them, but I tried drawing some of one of my groups, the longest-running one.

Yes, I am intentionally doing a lot of Reynolds in these pictures.

We haven't had time to update lately. D&D 5e.

Sabina died. Cera's owl is now a corgi. This corgi talks like Rogal Dorn.

>The Best Character died.

Jesus fuck what happened...

There is a drawfriend in the party I'm GMing for. He does some sketches of characters and events from time to time. I'll post some.

This is a party from SLA Industries campaign.

It's pretty neat. Do you any complete work to show?

This is DMPC from the same campaign.

I used him to replace medic who was absent at the time. He is supposed to look more like a hobo, but from my description drawfriend imagined him similar to Rob Zombie. Not that it's a bad thing though.

And this drawing depicts moment from recent Unknown Armies campaign.

He has more sketches, but this is all I have at the moment.

F

I love smug swordsmen. Shame it went down like that.

>The cleric keeps trying to appear to be the big bad, but the GM always blocks him.

I wonder what it's like to play the quirky miniboss squad.

Also F for the Barbarian.

I like 'em and hope there will be more of them.

look neat af user

Elf, Beastman, dwarf, dwarf
And the groinpiece is a plate codpiece scavenge from a Derugar keep.

Not pictured is the new party member, a wizard duelist knight. And the party has had some misc powerups

Very nice Art I have to say, hope you'll get more.

Any good recs for art books so I can git gud?

If you can't draw at all, then try Bert Dodson's Keys to Drawing. Loomis is great for figure drawing from imagination, but he requires some knowledge of fundamentals. Bridgman's Constructive Anatomy is really amazing for studying human body. Scott Robertson is great for perspective.

However, before diving into drawing from imagination, you need to be more or less confident in drawing from life. For doing that, you need to learn art fundamentals. When you get a grasp of them, it's all just about practice.

Don't get discouraged by early attempts - everyone can draw if they will put enough practise. Don't be afraid to take critiques. Don't get into the comfort zone for far too long. And also don't get lazy.

Observe your environment, study your subjects, practise your skills. That's about all you need.

Thanks!!!