How do I justify tanks and guns in a medieval fantasy setting?

How do I justify tanks and guns in a medieval fantasy setting?

So the society is similar to the middle age, with monarchs and knights. But they use modern weapons.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Knight_World
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post apoc?

Afaik modern tanks are basically big boxes of metal without a modern state logistic to maintain them

It's being used as a proxy chessboard by world powers who funnel arms into the setting.

Maintenance and production know-how is a closely kept secret by the noble houses.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Knight_World

Replace knight with tanks and tech priests with normal mages and there ya go.

Gnomes!

1) Post Apocalyptic setting.
2) Warhammer setting.
3) Tell your players to shut up and stop thinking about it.

Pic related is a Prince getting ready to fly an apache helicopter

England is not a medieval fantasy setting.

Let me ask you a question. Why does the inclusion of certain weapons means that certain types of government systems would no longer exist?

two approaches i've seen. One, the Displaced. Either a single vehicle or a location is displaced in time/space. Weber used this with his Ring Of Fire series dealing with Grantville back to the Hundred Years War. Second is an actual gate/tunnel between universes. The series Gate: And Thus The JSDF Fought has this. Also a couple other series i can't remember off the top of my head.

Yeah, feudalism in a modern world doesn't fit the "medieval fantasy setting" definition either and OP is misusing words. Your point?

You don't. Just have fun.

oh, and there was an old set of novels called "the doomfarers of Coramonde" which had a similar approach.

Depends on what sort of medieval fantasy you're talking about, but I could kind of see a premise of a somewhat modern era world that still has a feudal system government.

The Great Mage War
* Armored Land Ships commanded by knights
Mage War II
* Improved ALS still commanded by knights

Will you keep sending your peasants over the top into spellfire or lead the charge with knights and their servants in armored land ships?

Go full Jack Vance in that shit.

>So the society is similar to the middle age, with monarchs and knights. But they use modern weapons.
Anarcho-capitalism. "Knights" are basically the rich youths of the Trump, Clinton, Rockefeller and Rothschild dynasties who can afford recreational tanks for self-defense purposes.

>The First and Second estates can overrule the Third Estate purely by virtue of birth or office
>Most classist society in the industrialized world
How is England not medieval?

>in the industrialized world
>medieval
Good post.

Trans-dimensional wizards trading the equivalent of soviet surplus for bars of gold.

Relevant

>and stop thinking about it.

So, play characters that are mentally retarded?

That's actually pretty close to the theme I'm looking for pictures of if anyone has any please post them here

why does it need to fantasy? you can have monarchs and "knights" with codes of honor but all with modern tech.

Some would say fighter pilots are quite similar to knights.

So knights keep losing to uneducated rice farmers 24/7?
Sound about right.

Since when do modern fighter pilots lose to uneducated rice farmers all the time?

Usually it takes at the very least a guy with an SA-7 strela, if not something more substantial like an entire SAM site to take down a modern fighter.

You have to be at least educated in SAM usage to fire a man-portable SAM. Even somewhat complex (to an uneducated farmer) MANPADS like the stinger can only take down helis and struggle to take down even 80s tech fighters, let alone modern day fighters. It takes a very capable modern SAM operating as part of an IADS to take down something like an F-16

Why do you need to justify it at all?

>Time Traveling Arms Merchant Wizard

He needed a lot of X, found in the area, traded magical weaponry from the future and the means to make more in exchange for all of the X.
He made sure to trade to as many feudal lords as possible, to equally distribute the weapons and keep the balance of power (more or less, as much as he cared) but more importantly, to score as much X as possible without doing all the boring gruntwork of gathering it.
Then he fucked off.
Now there's tanks.