My GM is about to run our first 5e Eberron game and I'm pretty excited. Love the setting so far...

My GM is about to run our first 5e Eberron game and I'm pretty excited. Love the setting so far. I'm thinking about playing a nationalistic Warforged fighter. How do you guys like to play your warforged? Also general Eberron thread

9S

I don't like Warforged as a race, so I don't like to play them any way.

Why do you like them?

>How do you guys like to play your warforged?
As the quiet one who prefers not having to actively use his powers because it turns out that once people realize you are in the business of mindfuckery they stop trusting you even if you aren't mindfucking them.

>5e
>Warforged
user...I...the ones in the UA, on top of being playtest, they suck, same with Shifters.

I played a sun soul monk warforged though copying pick related. It was severly lacking in stats though.

>Warforged
>Eberron
>5e
Everything about your game makes me sad.

I like artificial/synthetic life as a general rule, and will try to play one in any setting where it is possible

I also like them as uncomplicated fightermans so long as they are using a battlefist.

It must suck to not like a setting that lets you use airships to rob trains.

What this user said, but I usually sum it up to

>I have crippling robot autism

You understand that people can play things other than D&D, right? When you play D&D, you might as well play an actual D&D setting, instead of the alcohol-poisoning-induced-abortion of a setting that is Eberron.

>Only generic fantasy is actual D&D
those are some hot opinions you have there.

>an actual D&D setting
And that would be?

Spelljammer, Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Greyhawk, Mystara, Ravenloft...

Just anything but Eberron, L5R or Dragonlance. Basically anything that came out after WOTC is dogshit. Plus Dragonlance.

>Spelljammer
>actual D&D setting
>mfw

I won't lie that I enjoy the idea behind Spelljammer and space-boats, but trying to say it's an "actual" D&D setting when compared to something like Ebberon is laughable. I will give you kudos on enjoying Planescape though cos that shit's GOAT

Oh thank god, I thought you meant some shit like "standard fantasy setting" which D&D never even remotely was.

>Forgotten Realms
Oh boy. Nothing gets me excited to roll some dice than "Generic Kitchen Sink: The Setting." Reminds me of this EPIC Drow Ranger character I played once...

>I'm going to cherry pick part of your statement and respond wholly to that single aspect, pretending that it is relevant to the conversation.
Ok.

Even though it still beats the pants off the "forgotten realms and don't fat people like steampunk now?" setting that is Eberron.

>Steampunk
Is magitek to be honest, leave steamshit out of this

Op wants to play a sentient robot in a setting where he can rob trains from airships.

Let's not pretend I'm the one who brought steampunk into this.

>Robots, trains and airships belong to steampunk
Wut?
They literally run using magic, elementals and other shit, not steam.

>sentient robot in a setting where he can rob trains from airships

Nothing in that is specifically steampunk.

>nuh uh it's magic not coal
Oh right. That does seem like a significant difference from this high vantage of my dirigible.

>sentient robot
>steampunk
Lmao
Look at this dumbass

>dirigible
>eberron
>dirigible

So you never even looked at the cover huh

Also i guess forgotten realms and spelljammer are steampunk because both have airships
Oh wait.

Except Eberron airships are not dirigibles, are literally boats that have a fire elemental powering them.

What about pic related stands as steampunk for you?

Guys its obvious he never even looked at the books.
Notice the lack of specifcs in his complaints and the fact that all his posts are about things mentioned in the thread.

Just ignore the bait.