My wife's daughter is showing interest in tabletop gaming and I couldn't be more proud

My wife's daughter is showing interest in tabletop gaming and I couldn't be more proud.

What's a good RPG that a young half-black girl would enjoy? This would be her first time getting into the hobby but as a Pathfinder player I think introducing her to Pathfinder would be a bit too much.

I wish we still had quest threads on this board.

Why does her being half-black matter? What does her race have to do at all with her ability to enjoy tabletop games?
Are you a dumb white racist, or just a dumb racist nigger?

BESM

It's a troll thread, friend. OP is using outdated /pol/ memes about "my wife's son". He doesn't know any kids who want to get into tabletop gaming.

This, unironically.

I get the meme, but what I simply don't understand for the life of me is where you got a 6MB picture of dice.

Do you know what bait is?

>implying that quests kept shitposting away

This shit thread would be here whether quests were here or not. This is just sloppy diarrhea shit and quests were full on Nikki Sixx logs.

If you actually wanted to make the effort to bring Quests back you would be on IRC directly talking to the mods about this rather than complaining on here.

If anyone wanted to change ANYTHING about the board they would be talking to the mods directly and working to petition for change.

But of course we won't. We're small and mean and petty people who really don't care about making effort to change, we just prefer complaining about our current situation rather than doing anything about it.

Any Quest was infinitely better than these sorts of threads because Quests at least had the quality of not being malicious. I don't even care if they were garbage or not. They didn't directly attempt to anger, enrage, or put-down anyone on this board.

But they do nothing to prevent them being posted so whining about quests being gone is like whining your car is too slow because the blinker doesn't work.

In otherwords, shitposters gonna shitpost. The presence of quests has no connection to them. The questfags that bitch in every shitpost thread are just actively making Veeky Forums worse by bumping the threads.

Google Images, dumbass.

True. The real issue isn't Quests themselves, it's that the Veeky Forums community no longer supports Quests and other Creative content. The removal of Quests was just a symptom of the community as a whole shifting focus away from producing content and celebrating the creation of it. We got cynical, critical of new things. If it wasn't "good" it wasn't worth it. Now we focus on discussion, but we lack the creative practice to continually produce original topics, or the ability to ignore malicious content and so these threads hold a presence on here.

Bullshit, namefag. There have been multiple settings built in the last few weeks alone and worldbuilding generals have spawned where people are talking about general principals of world building. Drawthreads have returned as well. I have also seen the return of several Veeky Forums homebrews. The only differences are all the shitty /a/ based quests are gone and questfags whine every chance they get.

GURPS Lite

Because /qst/ sucks and came from a vocal minority bitching on /qa/ for months.

Reminder that it's very likely the "I miss quests" fag is the same one who makes these threads in the first place, seeing as it's often the very first response in an obvious bait thread only minutes after the OP.

On a case by case basis, sure, but I know for a fact that each of those threads are perpetuated by one or two posters. If, for any reason, they stopped posting, it would all fall apart and those threads would become a thing of the past, like Love and Krieg.

The community just doesn't support them, in fact it feels like it barely allows them.

As for Quests, they never should have been limited to a singular board. /qst/ should have been made to catch the overflow and from there the respective board communities should've decided whether they wanted Quests or not. /u/ and /a/ would've kept their quests, and we'd be left with stuff that was more our style.

>the Veeky Forums community no longer supports Quests and other Creative content.
And yet we still have /wbg/ and /gdg/ which are unarguably creative content threads.

We didn't want quests because they were not a GAME. This board is Traditional GAMES. Not collaborative storytelling with 0-rules """systems""". Quest threads had about as much quality content as high fructose corn syrup has nutritional value. This community cares about good content from hardworking individuals who pour countless hours of research into meticulously creating settings and working years to perfect the mechanics behind systems. What we don't now and we never cared about were literal excrement threads like Scroll through the first page of /qst/ and you could count on a single hand the number of quests that use the built in dice roller. They aren't playing a game, they're writing fanfiction. You can take your quest enabling back to the sewer you seem to love so much. Quit trying to re-write history by pretending anyone but the extremely vocal minority of questposters wanted them here.

>perpetuated by one or two posters
That's usually how humans make stuff. One or two people actually get it together, have ideas, drive, etc. Everyone else just consumes it and complains.

>Scroll through the first page of /qst/ and you could count on a single hand the number of quests that use the built in dice roller.
Do those quests count as games

>My wife's daughter
>Didn't say My daughter

Does BESM still exist? An old roommate of mine had the book and I remember it being shit to play and printed in a single, low quality paperback.

It matters because this is bait.

>Wife's daughter

Clearly a troll, come on OP...

>Any quests

You know there's a board for it now?

Trolls will troll, and anons will be anons. At least now there's a place where quests can flourish without competing interests. It's like having Veeky Forums tier threads in /out/ and or /int/. Yes it can be board related, but it can better flourish on its own.