Any good Youtube channels about RPGs except this guy's? I'm looking for something more in depth

Any good Youtube channels about RPGs except this guy's? I'm looking for something more in depth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/mcolville
youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5IzHhAdi4
youtube.com/watch?v=fvyrEhAMUPo
youtube.com/user/DawnforgedCast/featured
youtube.com/user/bluespruce786/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0
youtube.com/user/woodwwad/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p
youtube.com/user/CaptainGothnog/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid
youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da
youtube.com/user/Samwise7RPG/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=da
youtube.com/user/WASD20Nate/
youtube.com/user/hammeredshitsteak/videos
youtube.com/user/EmergentPlay/videos?sort=da&view=0&flow=grid
m.youtube.com/user/skinnyghost
youtube.com/user/MeisterJacke
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He doesnt update shit anymore and his review of dnd 5th edition was stupid as fuck but his stories of old rpg stuff is superb: look up countermonkey on youtube and just watch the Thieves World episode. Not a fan of his other stuff besides the ultima retroperspectivw

I like this guy youtube.com/user/mcolville especially if you are new to DMing or looking for advice. His games are pretty neat as well.

Damn, how does he have such nice hair?

I was going bald at 22 so dont ask me

This distracts me every video.

TheDMsCraft and Wyloch's Crafting Vids are good if you like making stuff.

Was that bad for your confidence?

Anyway, back on track, here's two videos about cRPG systems that are pretty good and also give insight into real RPGs:
youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5IzHhAdi4
youtube.com/watch?v=fvyrEhAMUPo

youtube.com/user/DawnforgedCast/featured

This guys pretty good. He puts out content daily, and has been putting up live plays weekly for six years. Not sure why he seems to get so much hate though.

I wish he did more VtM videos.

Not him, but I'll answer for him being someone in the same situation:

Yes.

Then no.

Then yes again.

Nah, It started thinning and at first I didnt know how fast it would thin. Im 29 now and just shave my entire head. I wear the bald look pretty well imo.

Ah, the self-consciousness is a bitch. I don't know if I'm balding, because one half of my family was bald, and the other half just had prominent widow's peak, and this is killing me.

Look for channels that aren't overproduced, or shot by a team of people. Isolation is pretty good for reflection. I'll post up a couple.

youtube.com/user/bluespruce786/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0

A logger from the North-East who disappeared a few years ago

Nerdarchy for 5th content.

Does your mother have any bros? They would be the best indicator.

youtube.com/user/woodwwad/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p

WrestleWrestleWrestlemania Sellin Jobber three sheets to the wind. If you want to have a chuckle, ask him about his thoughts on Story-Games

Yeah, he, his father and his son developed high widow's peak after puberty, and he got bald in his forties.

youtube.com/user/CaptainGothnog/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid

SCA Innawoods blacksmith

My mom has a bro. It is like looking at those "age your picture by 25 years" programs

I fucking enjoy his content as well.

youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da

Agoraphobic Traveller/GURPS programmer/virtual waifu modeller. Lost the plot with MongTrav2e, newer content is LPs. Older stuff covers RPGs & the hobby from the 70s onward

>I wear the bald look pretty well imo.
Are you black, or by any chance a member of Yakuza?

The second one. I am here for the Shadowrun generals.

youtube.com/user/Samwise7RPG/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=da

A man whose descent can be seen over several years, leading to him being cucked by his best friend, a player in his games, his wife leaving him, and the aftermath. Mostly does OSR & Mental Health vids these days

This sounds good.

Protip, if they are any good TG will hate them, we are RPG hipsters.

I wish those two make more cRPGs like VtM:B and Fallout.

TowerGuardDM aka Wynn

One of the Old Guard, had a channel with daily vids on youtube since 2006. Unfortunately, went 1488 Heil Odin in 2011 and the only trace left of his online existence are the reply videos to his channel.

youtube.com/user/WASD20Nate/

His RPG Class vlog is especially interesting (tl;dw: he's a high school teacher and he ran an RPG class for his students).

NO, NO, NO, NO.
I just wanted to write that I'm glad than no one posted this.

youtube.com/user/hammeredshitsteak/videos

Sweden YES cartoonist. Storyteller hooked up with his girlfriend, he's been an alcoholic since. His WoD vids & LPs are a pretty funny pisstake on hottopic VtM

youtube.com/user/EmergentPlay/videos?sort=da&view=0&flow=grid

Not quite the same as the rest, but an amusing interlude

Forge: The Sokaling. Spent several months trolling Story-Gamers and promptly disappeared into the ether like John Titor.

Some pretty funny reply videos from 4urries & RPG.net who took the bait

DarkAgeOf/RollPlayGame aka Jason

Had weekly AAR's of games from 2006 up till 2012. Ended up deleting his channel, Like Wynn, another of the Old Guard, and all that exists are the reply videos to him

>"Oi wuts the deal wit Duhnjons, mate? They couldna hold up all that weight"

So is Lindybeige a good channel for RPG Worldbuilding? (Too lazy to make my own thread).

I used to be Boltorange but deleted all my stuff for reasons I won't go into here. Am referred to in golden-era vids by all these gents and was a pretty active member of the YouTube "RPGBrigade" (as Gentleman Gamer dubbed it). There are some other names, also deleted accounts - HoodedRonin chief among them - that posted excellent content.

Two not mentioned here so far are Runeslinger and sameoldji.

One of the best you'll find on Youtube

I miss spoony

a fist full of dice
tabletop terrors
wasd 20
mike thepiper
be a better game master

just anyone over that dawnforged cast cunt. fucker doesn't deserve any of his subscribers or his channel in general

reminder that dawnforged cast made trolling accounts to drive people off of youtube to monopolize on dnd content, then lied about about it, then blamed his brother for doing it, then "apologized" for it, and then deleted the apology video so none of his new subscribers would find out

stop giving him views and spread the word on what he did

Don't judge a book by its cover.
m.youtube.com/user/skinnyghost
His DM advice is the Office Hours series.

y'all niggas never heard of WebDM?

I know that guy. I'll let him know he was mentioned.

Matt Colville's probably the best source for how to run games right now, even though he keeps avoiding the "improving for fun and necessity" episode he really needs to do.

This. Dawnforged is scum.

No, the guy is just clickbait for neckbeards.

>53563329
Oh no... he trolled people

If he makes good content i really couldnt care less

Honestly I can't take any of his content seriously after he shilled for Beast. Like I know the guy works for OPP, but still.

I'd recommend looking up Drunken and Dragons, guy gets wicked hammered in plenty of videos and has some very interesting ideas you can use for mechanics.

Eh, yeah, fuck that guy. Arrogant "Gentleman" who is British with delusions of intellectualism. Walking fucking stereotype.

you shouldnt support scumbags, our community should be better than that

Woodwwad is godtier the rest of the brigade should bow to him

That's what I thought until I've actually seen his videos.

youtube.com/user/MeisterJacke
this autist is all over the place and can't look at a camera to save his life
he seems to like talking about shadowrun though

He really doesn't make good content though. A fuckton of his videos are worthless clickbait where he doesn't even answer the question he was asked, maybe only reading a part of the PHB the question was about. It's infuriating.