Where could you find a magical shovel? Failing that, who could you ask to make you one?

Where could you find a magical shovel? Failing that, who could you ask to make you one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o
youtu.be/8AbsS6BrZh8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you tried the afterlife?

Hippies.

Deep underground. Held by a crushed skeleton.

Bury a normal shovel and set your clock ahead 24 hours.

Personally I would ask a Gravedigger: with how regularly undead come out of the ground I would think that a gravedigger would have a shovel on hand that is enchanted to help keep them in the ground.

Depends on the graveyard, though.

How about a Hoe of Destruction?

Have you tried become a Knight of True Shovelry, knave?

About fifteen years ago I ran a game for a guy who played a gravedigger who had a magic shovel. I think it was just enchanted to be usable as a +1 weapon, but he planned to further enchant it to have digging- and corpse-related powers.

Incidentally, this film is loosely based on Dylan Dog, which could be good inspiration for a a character or game.

The most obvious ability for the DM to give a unique gravedigger's shovel in D&D is allowing the wielding to use the Turn Undead ability, simply with the character's class level standing in for the cleric levels?

Probably in a necromancer's lair.

What if the character is already a cleric?

>who could you ask to make you one
This guy, probably.
Industrialization has crippled the globe...

At the bottom of a very deep hole.

Then they should stop hogging the fucking shovel and give it to one of the Grave Guardians that can't cast divine magic.

I presume as a magical weapon it might have extra bonuses against undead specifically too beyond just generic +'s.

You loot it from the abominable groundskeeper of the haunted mansion, duh

instead of just moving dirt it could have a pocket dimension inside where it stores it

>Failing that, who could you ask to make you one?
A shovelsmith, of course.

Local enchanter for a modest fee. You may be limited to a relatively subtle effect depending on the materials used for the blade and shaft, unless you splurge for hand carved runes or an alchemy reagent bath. On that note, it's a tad scattershot, but you could skip the enchanter's fee and just soak it in the blood of some particularly mystical and powerful beast. A kiddie pool's worth of blood from a couple of unicorns would magic that shovel up but quick. Yet another option would be to find a sufficiently powerful fairy, but your mileage may vary on that. If you want a singing shovel that never shuts up, wants to be a real boy and runs away at night to find cheap hoes that'd be your best bet.

Now for pre-enchanted tools, I would suggest trying to steal one from an earth spirit like a kobold or a gnome. Listen to rumors and study local lore and delve into every hole in the ground you see and you're bound to run into some hard working dirty little sprite. Bonus, you might be able to get an enchanted pick axe out of the deal. Or even better, a cart full of magical metal you could smelt and use to make another magic shovel. Dual wield that shit.

Yeah, tricking and/or robbing the fae is the way to go on this. Real OG fairytale method. Wear lots of good luck charms.

just find the one your mom sat on.

Can you explain this insult?

Not everyone has a mom with such a miraculous ass as your dear mother, user.

Sometimes I wonder why they need me at all.

>Stuck in the grave of a once powerful wizard.
>At the bottom of a filled grave that it dug and filled itself
>On the corpse of a necromancer
>Used by a retired paladin who chose to become a gravedigger

youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

On the Elemental Plane of Earth, imprisoned in crystal in the vault of a dao. The handle is constructed of hardened, fossilized bone, the blade of the shovel is a strange black metal, stylized as the tongue of some strange creature. It can detect underground gems and precious metals, both buried and natural, three times a day, when thrust into the ground with a spoken command word. It "pings" the contiguous earth in a sphere with a radius of a half-mile, but cannot detect lead or anything enclosed in lead. It can tell you the distance to it from your current location, the direction it lies in, the material between you and it, and what it is you've detected, but not how much.

Part apocalyptic wasteland
youtu.be/8AbsS6BrZh8

Make the haft from a giant's femur, the blade from a king's gravestone, sharpen it with setting sunlight, and don't forget to cast Permanency after each Enchant an Item.

Team Gisa
Geralf a shit

>A guild of gravediggers/grave tenders
>Clerics of an agricultural, mining or death god
>Dwarves/Mole-people

>>Found deep in a mine where magical ore was being excavated

Shovel used to bury a world, now stuck on top of its grave.

>Where could you find a magical shovel?
Probably on the gravekeeper of some long dead civilization who's been busy burying bodies for quite a while.

>Where could you find a magical shovel? Failing that, who could you ask to make you one?
Twin Peaks, Dr. Jacoby, obviously

Obviously, picrealted
Or archaelogic shovel, enchanted to not hurt things that aren't natural, that were made by someone.
Or a shovel that digs in lava

>a shovel that digs in lava
Ho, lad, you'll best be speaking with the Pale Dwarves of Bu'ket for those runes.

1. Go to a wizard bar
2. Tell them you'll buy drinks for the first one to enchant your shovel
3. ???
4. Profit

Maybe ask this man where he got his.

>caretaker
God I fucking hated that guy.

Don't get a shovel

Get a team of magical beavers, their magical tails will slap everyone's shit and then slap a dam into place for ya.

Probably just bought it from a hardware store.

See, it doesn't matter where you get the shovel - it's how you use it.

Provided it's good quality to begin with.

Honestly, this. A Grave-Keeper is a man of the faith, enchanting his tool with Power Divine. He is the man you seek when it comes to putting back the undead back into the ground.

here's a little list of items such a Grave-Keeper should have in stock

Spade of the Restful
>A magical shovel with a magically sharpened edge that deals +2 damage to undead and permanently lay the bound soul to rest.

Silverwood Stake
>A stake made of an elven essence of wood. The wood has naturally occurring silver laced in the wood grain, making this effective against both vampires and lycanthropes

Vindicator's Crossbow bolts
>These bolts are enchanted with a spell that, upon hitting an undead target, deal 5 bonus damage to the target and all undead within a 5-foot radius, successful Dexterity chack cancels the damage for those caught in the area.

What the fuck is up with that picture?

Set your magic spoon to wumbo

Methinks he accidentally opened his /d/ folder