Why does Veeky Forums suck so bad at designing characters?

Why does Veeky Forums suck so bad at designing characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because it is design by committee.

Too many cooks too many cooks...

Too many cocks.

>Too many cooks
No such thing!

In what way? Also what's the comic from?

Has Veeky Forums ever been good at designing characters? /co/ has their own wiki full of them even.

Too many people trying to rip off their latest flavor of the month anime, comic book, or video game to care about making an actual decent character, I'd reckon.

Too much D&D rots your cock and your brain, that's why.

The designs from Katawa Shoujo aren't bad.

Veeky Forums didn't design them. Some hentai guy did in a sketch.
Veeky Forums just picked up the ball and ran with it.

Unironically this!

You would not believe the type of bullshit that I've seen players come up with back when I used to play Pathfinder. What's even more amazing are the concepts that actually PASSED too.

You probably need to just fuck off and die already.

I fucking hate katawa shoujo like you have no fucking idea

...But why?

t. butthurt D&Dtard

I don't have a soul. Also it's shitty waifu bait. The characters aren't characters, they're fetishes on legs. There is no plot to speak of, and the art is mediocre. Don't let me stop you from enjoying it, though. If you like it, that's great.

Design by committee and memes.

Also an excess of cock.

> Why does Veeky Forums suck so bad at designing characters?
[citation needed]

Towergirls was pretty much always consistent in its quality, and out of the recent additions, Tessagog was quite well done.

>shitty waifu bait

But that's half of all anime and 90% of all VNs

>>shitty waifu bait
>But that's half of all anime and 90% of all VNs
Not him, but - yes, and?

>The characters aren't characters, they're fetishes on legs.
I know everything is somebody's fetish, but what? Can you explain what you mean, cause I don't see it.

When you stop and think about it, everything in existence is somebody's fetish but that doesn't mean that it stops being okay to like a thing just because a dude probably beat off to it.

All of the characters are sort of shallow. They're written primarily to satisfy a particular fetish, not to serve a purpose in a story.
Naw man, it's cool to like it, I just don't.

Liking a thing despite that someone incidentally beat off to it is fine.
Liking a thing despite the fact that it's so shallow that there is nothing noteable about it besides someone beating off to it is okay by me, but not ask me to like it too.

You mean someone tired to you going around, spamming your bullshit at every opportunity, even when none was presented to you.

If you don't like people insulting your shitty system, you can always, y'know, use the filter system so you never have to read about how much D&D sucks ass ever again.

If you don't, you're basically pic related and don't deserve to bitch.

Pathfinder general is shit in nearly every way, but they take their character building very seriously. They're way above everyone else, even if half their characters wind up being lewds, memes, and broken builds.

You might want to consider growing up. This isn't /b/ where you can act like a dumb cunt and people won't call you out on it.
If you don't like D&D so much that you need to constantly shitpost about it, how about you fuck off from this D&D board if you know you're just going to be constantly triggered?

I mean, what? Didn't realize that D&D is by far and large the most popular game here, even more than 40k and MtG? Or was realizing that what lead you to be so committed to your shitposting?

read the filename

fpbp

It's much easier to filter my posts than it is to bitch about dissenting opinions on the internet and I don't care about how popular D&D is for much the same reason I don't give a fuck about CoD, it's low effort garbage that only succeeds based on marketing than through any fault of its own.

Also, you came into this thread because me and another user said mean words about your pet system, if anyone ITT is triggered, it's definitely you.

Just saying.

>Romance game
>waifubait
Are you alright user? Stay hydrated because it's june already and it's easy to have a stroke.

Look, troll. I'm telling you that if you don't like people calling you out on being a dumb cunt, don't be a dumb cunt.

Quit it with your childish "you're triggered, not me" bullshit, and grow up.

>Cries about dissenting opinions on the internet.
>Tells other people to grow up.

Veeky Forums is what you get when you force a bunch of inbred retards to play together.

Veeky Forums are the social rejects within that bunch of retards.

you do the math.

>fetishes on legs
>on legs
well, not all of them...

Goddammit Carlos

What's wrong with Cestree or Ribbon?

Instead of creating characters, why not just take pre-existing characters instead? Unless tg is also bad at roleplaying as well?

Hi Nuzleaf!

Veeky Forums defines everything in terms of the hobby rather than in terms of life experience, so the only options are to play straight, subvert, or hybridize. In D&D terms, you can only create Tordek the dwarven fighter, Smartypants the learned fighter, or Mister Gish the fighting wizard.

None of these are interesting because none of them reflect anything interesting about living. Tordek could be interesting if he fights because he's afraid that doing anything else would mean losing his place in the world, Smartypants could be interesting if he fights to learn why people fight, Mister Gish could be interesting if he fights to keep himself feeling young.

I'm starting a campaign with a bunch of less nerdy friends and just told them to tell me what characters they wanted to play, and I didn't get Tordek. I got an old quarryman who just got up and left when a lord's bad decisions killed his son. And a sketchy monk who got exiled for making deals with a river spirit. And a dimwitted acrobat who made a faustian bargain with something that's actually more jaded than evil.

>The characters aren't characters, they're fetishes on legs. There is no plot to speak of, and the art is mediocre.

You're dead wrong. The entire point of the characters is that their issues and personalities, while influenced by their disabilities, are not wholly based around them. The character arcs they experience in their routes are purposefully not focused on their disability specifically.

There is, in fact, plots in all routes that don't focus on their disabilities.

The art is mediocre, though.

That could be an unfortunate random gen MAID character.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html

>The characters aren't characters, they're fetishes on legs.

i legit fell for the blind girl, and i never had a thing for blind girls.

>well, not all of them...

>mfw

Who the fuck is Nuzleaf?

It's Nuzlocke you mong, and DESU, he did a pretty good job writing the story after the third arc, or at least well enough to make the least cancerous of the PokeCommunities.

90% of everything is shit. Veeky Forums is hardly immune.

Well it takes a lot to make a stew

I'm disappointed the Dark Elf never got finished.

They aren't giving me hugs right now.

What that user said.

Saved.

That's not even remotely right. You can literally play all of those characters in D&D.

That got a good laugh out of me, thank you.

Wow, nice reading comprehension there, bub.