L5R Storytime thread: Hey there Stonewall, dosen't it feel like our time is running out? edition

Last thread can be found here

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Legend of the Five Rings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>As I approached I found a wall of bushi blocking my path
>Bushi from several Clans.
>The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, and I wanted my armor very badly
>shit
>The air was thick with killing intent, and the bushi were eyeing one another with open hostility
>So they were already suspicious of one another.
>MAKE WAY!
>I've a message from Kakita Ren for the shugenjas!
>I was met with sullen stares, Until one of the Crane present spoke
>I know you, Hida Ishigaki-sama.
>You have the young lords favor.
>I trust you would not abuse that, would you?
>Of course not.
>Then go in.
>I shut the door behind me
>Toshiro was waiting for me, arms folded
>We're to investigate then?
>I blinked
>Come on, I'm a Kuni, and fire is my second element.
>I smiled ruefully
>How could I forget?
>Naomi was wiping sweat from Yuie's forehead
>She was awake
>What..what is going on...?
>Naomi answered her
>There is something unnatural about this illness, and we are going to find out what is going on.
>Naomi eased Yuie up into a sitting position and raised a cup of water to her lips
>Drink, you are loosing water quickly.
>As Yuie drank Toshiro fished out his Jade Magistrate chop and showed it to Yuie
>Her eyes widened
>then got even wider when Naomi showed hers
>From the corner, a derisive snort erupted
>Shoji, tending to another Phoenix
>A poor choice on the young lords part, I think
>You have a history of blaming the innocent for things.
>There were too many people spread about the room for me to start a fight here
>I might step on one by accident
>I think Shoji was making sure there were reasons I couldn't punch him before he opened his mouth around me.
>I looked at Shoji
>It's a good thing such a talented tensai is present, so that the Jade Magistrates may conduct their investigation without worrying about those already ill.
>You will, of course, be able to cover for their absence, won't you?
>He sniffed
>Of course.
>Go, look for your scapegoats.

Damn it Shoji, if you were just a bit more of a cunt Naomi would have two mothers.

kek

>Naomi and Toshiro followed me out, once passed the bushi I explained what we knew so far
>We met up with the rest, who shook their heads
>So no one else seemed to have gotten sick yet
>So, Phoenix, Scorpion, and Crab have been affected so far.
>Thus far, women only.
>And it seems to not spread to others, at least not from contact with those afflicted.
>Monkey pulled out a jade finger
>So...? Jade Tests all around?
>Toshiro frowned
>Too many too soon, I think.
>I doubt the magic is being cast directly on them
>But it could be?
>Well, if there were several bloodspeakers sure...
>I looked over
>You think it might be another charm, like with Ayame?
>Mantis-san shook his head
>How could so many people all have gotten cursed items?
>Naomi answered
>Gifts, perhaps?
>Kitsuki-san nodded slowley
>We should backtrack their actions over the last few days, in any event. Some commonality is sure to present itself...
>Shouts caught our attention.
>So uh, when I went to get Toshiro and Naomi there were a bunch of bushi glaring at each other outside
>Kituski-san looked at me sharply
>And you didn't think the revelation that jade magistrates would be investigating an unnatural cause to this would exacerbate that?!
>I hoped they wouldn't notice...
>He sighed
>Not everyone is as thick as you are, Ishigaki-san...
>yeah, I see that.
>Naomi looked at us all
>We should not be standing around here, let us go and address that commotion.
>My body warmed up as we jogged down the halls to where the fight was breaking out
>Scorpions and Lions were in a fist fight, with Ikoma Masahira in the middle
>Mantis-san and I exchanged a glance
>Kitsuki-san quickly began to explain to the Daidoji who were just about to get involved that we had experience breaking up brawls
>He left out the part where we did so by laying everyone involved out cold
>It wasn't much of a fight, since it was mostly courtiers involved

Women only, that user was right.

>I have no idea where he got it from, but Masahiro smacked a go board over my head
>I let Mantis-san subdue Koretoyo and the rest of the Scorpion
>Masahiro was the last to go down, and only stopped after I tripped him and sat on his chest
>The man fought like a corned animal
>His wild, undisciplined fury was surprisingly effective, and I was panting a bit after it was all over
>Ren came in at last, with Daidoji Hideo
>he blinked at the sight of me sitting on the Lion delegate
>Then shook his head
>Will someone please explain this scene before my eyes?
>From underneath me a voice came forth
>It's the damn Scorpion! They're poisoning everyone!
>But, Ikoma-san...it was a Scorpion who first fell ill. Even now, Soshi Mariko struggles to overcome the sickness
>A deception! Deception I say!
>Oi. It's not poison though.
>Toshiro over there can tell the difference between poison and illness, since the treatments are different and Oni can cause both
>Whoah, really?
>Yeah, there are Oni that spread plauge, and Oni with venom so potent it can scour armor.
>Huh.
>So...it's NOT poison?
>It's not poison.
>Oh. Well then get the hell off me!
>Shouldn't you appologize first?
>To a Scorpion?!
>...
>I'm very sorry for my rude actions Bayushi-san
>Karetoya, who was having his black eye treated by Naomi, waved his hand
>yes, yes, I know. Too much sake.
>Though his words seemed nonchalant, he put great stress on that last part.
>Everyone knew he was calling Masahiro a drunkard, but if Masahiro complained Karetoya would just wonder why Masahiro did not want Karetoya to accept his apology
>I got up off of the Lion, while he sputtered a bit before storming off
>I muttered to Ren
>I don't think the Lion are taking these talks very seriously, if they send someone like him
>Ren nodded to me.
>then his head kept going down.
>Along with the rest of his body
>I caught him before he hit the floor
>I could feel the heat from his fever even through his kimono

>Naomi was there before I could even yell her name
>Scroll in hand, she began chanting
>Her eyes flashed with blue light, that slowly surrounder her whole body, and her hair lifted up off her shoulders
>She was using quite a potent spell
>When she finished the light moved from her to Ren, and seemed to slip inside his body
>His eyes fluttered open
>Naomi-san?
>This is my most powerfull healing magic, Ren-sama
>I see, I do feel better already, thank you.
>Naomi looked to Hideo
>This SHOULD have cured him completely, but I cannot be certain, given the unusual nature of this illness. Keep a close eye on him.
>Hideo nodded
>Naomi's eyes fluttered a bit, and she gave a cough
>Damn.
>I caught her, Toshiro coming over with his tea
>Kitsuki-san explained that Naomi had always been in poor health, and this was not related to the illness
>I will be fine everyone, do not fuss over me so.
>I shook my head
>You get like this whenever you work too much magic. You've been pushing yourself too hard again.
>So have you, Ishigaki-kun
>You're sweating
>it's hot in here, that's all.
>there's a fire right there after all.
>I nooded to where Toshiro was brewing up her tea
>And caught his eye
>He was staring at me, in horror
>Ishigaki...since when has the tempeture bothered you?
>...oh.
>Oh shit...
>My vision started to swim
>then went dark

SHIT

Oh HELL no.

>Shoji just openly calling them incompetent
Couldn't Ishigaki request a duel over an offence like that? Shoji would have his Gunsho champion him, and Ishigaki could have Ayame champion him in a sudden twist.

You know Ishigaki can't into social maneuvers.

There are more important matters at hand than getting even with Shoji.

>there are more important matters than getting even
laughingscorpions.png

1)Ihsigaki wears his full Daisho, so he couldn't have anyone champion him, unless Shoji decided on a Shugenja duel
2)Shoji was refencing the fuck up that got them all dismissed as Emerald Magistrates, so what he said was true. The implications were dickish, but dickish implications are how you insult people without getting challenged over it in Rokugan
3)a personal insult is a minor thing and would solved with first blood.

>Implying the Scorpions do not know this fact
>Implying Ishigaki is not alive at this very moment

Ishigaki-san, is the head of the Scorpion delegation Koretoyo or Karetoya? Or are those separate people.

I'm working on the pdf still and want to make sure I have it correct.

Koretoyo

My eyeballs fucked up and saw an a instead of an o this time, not my fingers.

Thanks Ishigaki-san, I'll make the necessary edits.

Fucking Maho

here's to you ishigaki -san

Editing on the PDF is done through looking for Hida arc. Going to continue working and post an updated pdf later. This editing takes a long while...

Is this maho plague after competence? 'cause Shoji isn't getting sick at all.

Dropping a bump as the editing continues. Mostly through bog hags currently, which puts me at very approximately 1/4 of the story edited.

>>You have a history of blaming the innocent for things.

>not reminding him of the stupidity of accusing Ayane

Cleared the Gaki arc.

Did the banter skit. While rereading it and organizing it into a shitty attempt at prose, I still think it was goddamn hilarious.

"They won."

You are doing great work user. Thank you

That's a very cool pic

>This storytime is about as long as War and Peace now
>There are still many anons actively reading it and posting feedback
Warms my heart

It helps that it's easier to read than War and Peace.

>t. person who actually got through War and Peace.

>"Thank you, Kakita-san
>All this talk about my bride-to-be, or rather, who won't be, was getting a bit repetitive
>I wouldn't mind not having to talk about marriage until long after I've actually done it"
>"It's funny you should mention that, Tsuruchi-san"
>He slowly turns his face to me, realizing himself now why I wish to speak with him
>"I'll keep myself short
>We both know how much our Clans can help each other
>And we both want the best for our Clans, don't we?
>A marriage between yourself and that .. lovely Doji that just left us would very much help with that
>That, and I can see that she's very much among the more beautiful courtiers present
>It does sound quite appealing, doesn't it?
>Being able to walk around with one of the most beautiful women around, calling her your own wife
>Of course, cannot forget that, as a Doji, you'd receive a ... substantial dowry."
>"Kakita-san, please
>Enough of this talk
>I very much appreciate your concern, I do
>I am indeed quite grateful, without you, I would not be here, and I would have most likely been married off to someone in my own Clan, or someone outside it of a more minor station
>But my choice is my own
>And I do think of how my choice can help my Clan"
>He takes a moment to pause, visibly flustered from speaking too quickly
>Quite the jittery Mantis next to a calm and graceful Crane
>I smile at him
>"Of course, Tsuruchi-san
>Your choice is yours to make
>I just want to make sure you make the best choice, the right choice"
>"... You've given me quite a bit to think about, Kakita-san
>I do feel now I may have rushed into my decision
>I shall reconsider, but
>If my choice remains the same,
>I hope you will respect that."
>"Of course, Tsuruchi-san
>I'm sure I will be smiling when I hear of your choice
>Please, don't let me keep you any further"
>We bow, and make our way to whatever may lie ahead of us
>I notice a group of courtiers arguing, in the colours of...
>Is that Togashi-san facing several Lions?

I know this isn't exactly the right place for this, but would any of you happen to have pics of traditionally clothed females with katana's that don't have resting bitch face?

I figured if anyone would be able to help, it would be you guys.

At this point, a damn SERIES could be made of this, dragonlance style.

Librarianon here. Some numbers from the source docs I keep...

208,699 words, on 481 pages.

Editing is in the entertainment part of Shojis awful peace talks.

>As I make my approach, the little group disperses
>The other Dragon courtiers taking Togashi-san away before I can ask him
>I turn to one of the onlookers, a lesser local courtier
>"Excuse me, pray tell what just happened here?"
>"Oh, Kakita-san, have you not heard?
>But you must, you simply must, this has to do with one of your companions, after all"
>He droned on for a bit as my patience started wearing thin
>Finally, between his talking around, I manage to find out what happened
>Apparently, Togashi-san, who denies any such thing, had convinced one of the servants to spread rumours
>Of implied insults between the Lion and the Unicorn
>To start a conflict between them, for whatever reason
>The mess that was inter-clan conflict could sometimes get too convoluted even for me
>Especially since my own clan wasn't involved in anything major at the moment
>Other than our covert courtly war alongside the Scorpion against the Otomo, of course
>Anyways, the Lion found out that the servant was spreading lies and slander
>Of course, that servant has been punished accordingly, and would no longer be able to commit such a crime again
>And since according to that servant, Togashi-san is why he was doing it
>The Lion confronted Togashi-san
>The rest of the Dragon delegation of course quickly came to her aid
>And it didn't take long for both parties to decide this should be settled via duel
>To be held at the end of the day, as it had on all others
>This came as a bit of a surprise to me
>I must have been so focused on what was happening to me, my clan, and my companions, that I hadn't noticed other duels had been held
>Granted, most of them, although sanctioned by Suikihime-sama, did not draw much of a crowd
>The only duels that would do that would be in the most grand matters, or involving the most grand people
>I guess being a hero of Rokugan makes Togashi-san quite the grand person

small correction, 'twas betwixt the Lion and the Crab, because both are fighting against Spider and Dragon, so in a de facto alliance that Togashi-san wanted to weaken with Scorpion-like behavior
Nobody at the table was surprised when it backfired, of course

Doing the editing on sleepy-chan's whole arc. Even before that.

I keep reading every single thing Katsuie-sama says in Iroh's voice. Every. Single. Thing.

Is there anywhere this thing is posted from the beginning?

Here:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Legend of the Five Rings

I knew this would be like Shadowrun Storytime, I knew it!

More or less halfway caught up. I'm going to make like sleepy-chan and pass out.

You can read it via the cleaned up PDF, but the thread reactions are pretty great too.

Ayup. Another one for the Veeky Forums history books.

Also there's a highlighted section at halfway or so where I'm a little confused on who's saying what. So I'll look at that when I'm not sleep deprived.

Its the point where Ishigaki gets maho-raged.

So why is it that Ishigaki seems to always fail when targeted by Maho? Shouldn't his high earth ring make him very resistant to it with a high willpower and stamina?

Maho isn't always resisted by Earth. Taint is, but maho has other effects and only sometimes Taints its victims.

Bless you kind anons

I know a new low for a Shoji - using a baby crab's name for an Oni.

I don't think he's close enough to him to do that.
At least not yet. If he became his sensei, that would be a close enough connection for that. As is, "distant grandfather from a different clan" isn't close enough to hand off a name. It just wouldn't work.

.........the pdf making user is now dragon-editor-san

Thanks for the updated pdf

What are the other good lengthy tg greentext?

I've glanced at a couple before but seeing Crab anons tale in "real time" has gotten me interested in what else has come out of tg.

Won't be looking into them until I see how this story ends though.

Shadowrun storytime by TwoDee is a classic.

there's All Guardsmen Party and Britbongsteros

This, yes.AGP and Britbongsteros is.nice

Deffwotch on 1d4chan is hilarious.

Do quests count? If so, anything written by blorp (EVOquest, Ogre Civ Quest, and another whose precise name I forgot; just search the suptg archive for blorp). It's comedy gold.

Besides what others have mentioned, there's also Tale of an Industrious Rogue, which can be found on 1d4chan.
There's also the story of desirebro, but that one's much shorter than anything mentioned so far (but still a noteworthy read). It can also be found on 1d4chan.

If quests do count, I strongly reccomend Lamia Daughter Quest.
If you're okay with reading stories that end halfway through, I also recommend Homeless Mutant Quest and Hellborn Quest. Especially Homeless Mutant Quest

Isn't AGP unfinished?

yes, satan.

Your image game is on point

私は泳ぐことができます。

Scorpions are just crabs, but with an extra pair of legs, and a tail to tuck between them.

Remind me, is/was there a frog clan in Rokugan?

No, the frog just comes up in a parable from shinsei to Bayushi, the 4 lessons that establish the scorpion clan's whole outlook.

>Scorpions are just crabs
Sorta, they ARE the only great clans that actively defend the empire.

No. There's a longstanding group of ronin who run the City of the Rich Frog, and they'd be the best candidates for it if they ever earned the right to be a minor clan.

What was their name?

The kaeru family and the machi-shanshisha. Note that these are actually two different Ronin groups, one being the administration and the other acting as law enforcement. The Lion eventually took control and the kaeru ended up as a vassal family.

>Those numbers
>I really did write a damn novel
>mfw

"Does anyone know where he is? Mantis-san?”
“Toshiro-sama?”
“Monkey?”
"Ishigaki-san?" Is all Kitsuki-san trying (in vain) to assert some order into the chaos after everyone goes blind.

Spells in L5R don't have saving throws for the most part. Because you have to hit a TN to make the spell happen, THAT is your defense. That's what the Magic Resistance advantage does, increases the TN. Take the Fire Hose riot control spell Naomi used on those Zombies back at Blobtsukai-san's place. If she hits the TN to cast the spell, she does 3k3 damage and gets a knockdown attmempt. The knockdown is contested strength sure, but that 3k3 dmg is always going to happen. What makes maho double plus fucky is the combination of the fact that you use INSIGHT rank instead of shugenja school rank (which means anyone can use it) the fact that mastery level only tells you how hard the base TN is (so that even the insight rank 1 farmer with NO school can toss out a rank 6 maho spell if he can hit the TN, and the fact that while you MUST pay out a blood sacrifice represnted by wounds based on the base TN of the spell, every increment of wounds over the base cost is a free raise, with the only limit being how many wounds you're willing to sacrifice. Which is what made the Tsukai in the village so damn nasty, with all his doped up blood sacs he could just do 38 wounds and get like 5 free raises on every maho spell he cast.

Anyway, responses handled. Back to storytime

Yeah, they really nailed the "evil is easy and tempting" part of maho. To be a shugenja, you have to be born with it, train for years, and beg for power through rote memorization and intense prayer. To be a maho-tsukai, you have to be able to recite a few words and cut someone (yourself or someone else). The spiritual cost is high, sure, but a lot of tsukai have nothing to lose.

And sometimes, Kansen will straight give you the right words to say to cast maho. Elemental Kami won't even give you a straight answer most of the time, nevermind pointers. The Kansen are way easier to deal with up front.

>Dark
>Hot
>Blood
>Fire
>Stone
>Steel
>shadows and screams and the red moon and the stench and the pain and the rage and everyone died
>I sat bolt upright, screaming
>my head swam and my vision tunneled at the movement
>I felt my stomach churn, and I braced myself to keep from vomiting
>Slowly I became more aware of myself
>My legs were tangled up in a blanket
>I was in a kimono top, nothing else, and the obi had come loose so that my top hung open
>I was drenched in sweat
>My tounge felt like it was three sizes to large and a slimy film coated the inside of my mouth
>the back of my throat burned with a dry feeling
>I was so thoroughly miserable I concluded that I had not died just yet.
>I felt hands steady my shoulders
>A cup was pressed to my lips
>Swallowing was painful, so I only took a few small sips at first
>the slime in my mouth made the water taste horrid
>I drank it all, and then looked to see who was with me
>Red robes
>Isawa...Kiyoyasu?
>Hai. You're memory is intact I see
>What are you doing here?
>Helping.
>My Fire magic may not be good for healing, but I am still a priest of the kami.
>And I've been in plenty of sick tents before.
>His hands had callouses on them, the kind you grow from long hours of sword training
>You're in the Phoenix army?
>Hai. I do not think I will ever come back to court after this either.
>I looked around the room
>I was in the sickroom, as I expected
>There were fewer people here then when I saw last
>Yuie died.
>The rest recovered, though.
>I looked at him
>his mouth was a thin line, jaw clenched tightly
>You have my condolences
>Thank you.
>I set about untangling my legs
>You should not be trying to get up so soon!
>The investigation... they need me...
>He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me down
>I didn't have the strength to resist him
>It's the middle of the night. It can wait.
>Rest now.
>my eyes flickered as soon as my head hit the pillow
>my arms and legs still felt heavy
>I slept

Ah, it was Kitsuki-san talking. That conversation makes a whole lot more sense then. I'll make a few additions to the text so that makes more sense for others too.

Carry on Crab-sama.

'E LIVES

>When I woke next, soft white hands were moping my forehead with a wet cloth
>I'd know those hands anywhere
>I breathed in deeply, filling my nose with Naomi's sweet scent.
>Ishigaki-kun?
>I gave her a weak smile
>She pulled me up into a sitting position effortlessy, and brought a cup to my lips
>I winced as the water mixed with the slime
>Gross
>It is like when you find you have been breathing through your mouth while you slept, is it not?
>I nodded
>I hate that as well, Ishigaki-kun.
>She leaned in, placing her forehead to mine
>Good, you are not nearly as hot as you have been.
>I looked at her
>Fuckit
>Just this once.
>Just for a little bit.
>I let my head fall against her chest.
>I didn't even bother trying to hold myself up
>She gave a small gasp as she held me
>I was tired. All my old scars seemed to ache all over again
>that dream...
>The past? The future?
>Weren't they the same for me?
>Nothing but monsters and death, no mater where I turned
>Was that just a fever-dream? A side effect of the Maho?
>Or... was it a prohpecy?
>My shoulders ached. A deep ache, in the very joints
>I nuzzled into my Hana-chan's chest
>And...for just a few moments. I let myself be the weak one.
>When I had enough of my indulgence I pulled back and looked up
>She was smilling serenly
>Thank you, Ishgiaki-kun.
>I could only blink.
>Most samurai will only show that side to a geisha.
>I know that is not proper for a husband to show weakness to his wife.
>But... I am glad. Glad to know that I can support you as much as you have supported me.
>She wipped at her tears, and hugged me tightly
>and whispered
>I am so glad you are alive, my love.
>I whipsred back
>I'm not so dumb that I would tempt fate by saying nothing can kill me, Hana-can.
>But at least, it will take more than a maho induced fever to do so.
>Hai. My rock. My castle. Rest. We will have your cracks repaired in no time.
>Uh, the investigation...?
>The tea.
>Huh?
>More specifically, the Tea SET,

>The tea.
>Huh?
>More specifically, the Tea SET,

I can see where this is going.

>Then, Kaiu-san?
>Over there
>She nodded off to a corner
>I looked over, and saw him tossing about in his sleep
>An Asahina mopped his sweat, tending him
>Naomi sighed
>I think he will live as well
>Asako Yuie was the only one to succumb to the illness so far, though not everyone has recovered yet
>And Ren-sama?
>She frowned
>My magic did not remove the disease as it should have.
>It became dormant for a time, then attacked him again.
>Will he make it?
>I believe so, yes.
>He is under constant care.
>But he has yet to wake
>I see. Um, how long have I...?
>You have slept for two days
>damn...
>The tea set was one of the gifts brought for Ren-sam by the courtiers, but we do not yet know who brought it.
>We are trying to find that out, but so is everyoe else, and they hamper our work with their accusations.
>There has already been a duel, between Kiyoyasu and one of the Mantis.
>She shook her head
>I think that was the point. The fever is dangerous, but it can be treated.
>Duels over accusations of Maho though, cannot.
>I see. You do need me then, to break that shit up.
>Hai. But we need you at your best, Ishigaki-kun.
>So, rest.
>...
>Okay.
>I did as I was told

Couples don't get cuter than Naomi and Ishigaki

Editor here. I've had to break up my source docs into 4 so far because they are simply too big and make Firefox cry while I'm editing.

That said, I'm back to making progress while watching this thread with great interest.

>Ishigaki makes the firefox cry
It is much harder to find a picture of a crying vulpix that ISN'T also porn than I thought.

>Gluey eylids parted slowly
>I rubbed the gack out of my eyes, so I could get them open properly
>It was quiet
>I looked around
>Everyone in the room was sleeping soundly, Just one Asahina softly walking from one bed to the other
>As I tossed my blanket off, my joints popped.
>Yep, been laying here way to long.
>I straigthened up my Kimono
>The Asahina came over, looking down at me
>You look much better, Crab-san
>I feel filthy though.
>He handed me a small bucket, cloth, soap and a fresh Kimono
>I thought you might.
>Thanks
>I stood and legs that hadn't borne my wieght in days felt like they were being pricked by thousands of tiny needles
>The Asahina steadied me as I stumbled
>too quick?
>A bit... but I'll be fine once my blood gets moving properly again.
>He nodded
>I took a nice long bath, scrubbing the days old sweat from my body and letting the warm water soothe my body
>I felt reborn
>I dried off, got changed and headed back to my room
>As soon as I entered a pair of heavy weights attached themselves to my legs
>DADDY! PAPA!
>I looked down into the stear stained faces of my children
>Tetsute had a snot bubble coming out of his nose
>Hey now, you two.
>Were you worried about me?
>YES!
>I bent over to rub their heads
>Well I'm fine now, I promise
>I made to head deeper into the room
>But they didn't let go
>I looked down.
>They were still sobbing, though with relief
>Chidlren had not yet learned to bottle up their feelings until the right time to let them out
>I found their honesty beautiful
>So I just walked with my new training weights for a bit
>sobs turned to giggles quickly, enjoying this new game
>THe door to the room opened, and Monkey looked in
>Saw me heading to the wardrobe
>Saw the kids on my legs
>Uhhhh.
>Should you be training so soon after being sick?
>Of course I should, Monkey. My body has been getting lazy.
>I opened the wardrobe to get out a full kimono.
>Then I lifted my left leg and shook it a few times
>I need to get dressed!

From all the stories, only Doc and the Hospitaller lady compared in cuteness. And then they got blown out of the water. Ishigaki x Naomi: I ship it.

And the kids are the cutest ever!

>Daiko held on tightly, giggling loudly
>I tried the other leg, with similar results
>Monkey, get my wife for me.
>Uh, yeah
>He left, laughing to himself
>I paced back and forth, hoping they would get tired eventually.
>But baby Crabs don't tire easily.
>Everyone came in, and laughter ensued at my plight
>Yeah, yeah. Hilarious.
>I lifted my Daikoleg
>Naomi? Help?
>Holding her hand over her mouth to hide her smile, Naomi came over and knelt down
>Okay you two. Let go of your father now. He'll play with you again, later.
>I recognized her firm tone, the one that was somehow gentle yet absolute.
>Daiko and Tetsute pouted, just a bit, but only after they let go
>I hugged them both
>They hugged back
>Then I got dressed, putting on my armor
>Kitsuki-san looked on
>Do you know where things stand?
>Tea Set. trying to find who brought it.
>He nodded
>We've investigated the Crab, Scorpion and Mantis so far. But no one has done or said anything even remotely suspicious.
>I head about the duel between the Phoenix and the Mantis, any others?
>Not yet, but it's only a matter of time
>So, how are we proceeding?
>Interviews for now. Trying to shake the brush and see what gets startled.
>Like I said, its not yielded anything...yet.
>I nodded.
>I ran a hand along my chin
>Scragly again.
>I pulled the whiskers taut and sliced them off my tanto.
>My usual look.
>I hefted up my tetsubo
>Well then... Shall we get started for the day?

bampu

with Ancient Oriental Wisdom cheatsheet

>Daikoleg

> I lifted my Daikoleg

Excellent.

Wisdom

bump for great justice!

Clan dice bump.

Oh, that's a good idea. Any advice where to pick up custom dice like that?

That's a pic of the dice AEG put out, and you can still get them on amazon.

I got mine from AEG before the license was sold to FFG. There are sellers on amazon for them as well. As for custom jobs, I have no idea. They pretty cool for the Emerald Magistrate game I'm running: each player gets to use a their clan's colors.

Did you really roleplay this whole scene?

Not at the table, no. I was going to miss a session, so having Ishigaki get maho whammied was good in universe explanation. Generally we left the really mushy stuff for 1 on 1's and downtime RP tidbits It helps that ForeverGM may as well be my brother considering how close we are, and that he spends as much time at my house as he does his own. (if not more)

Noooooow, when Ishigaki got back form his pilgrimage and tossed Naomi over his shoulder? Yeah, that was at the table.

>Kitsuki-san, Mantis-san, and Monkey continued with their interogations
>Toshiro would head out to pick a person to be interviewed
>Naomi and I patrolled the rest of the castle, carefully watching the arguments rageing between the various courtiers, assisting the overworked Daidoji in keeping the fragile peace
>The fist fight I had to break up was between Kiyoyasu and Masahiro
>It had nothing at all to do with accusations
>Kiyoyasu was just screaming at Masahiro for being drunk...again.
>While it was true that someone should have reprimanded Masahiro for his drunkenness, Kiyoyasu was NOT that person.
>Rules. There are always rules about who is allowed to way what and when.
>So Kiyoyasu was only staining his own honor by ignoring those rules
>I walked up to them both.
>At this point, Kiyoyasu's hand was groping for the sword that was not there
>I set my tetsubo on his foot
>And leaned on it
>Kiyoyasu...
>You should know that my patience is about as long as the hairs on my chin.
>He looked up at me, face twisted into a grimace.
>I imagine his foot hurt quite a bit
>Still, he managed to be indignant
>What are you even doing?
>Helping the Daidoji keep this court from becoming a bloodbath.
>I looked pointedly at his hand
>He glanced down as well
>And grunted in surprise
>His hand dropped to his side
>I took my tetsubo off his foot
>Then Masahiro had to go and open his damn fool mouth
>Yeah! That Pheonix is as tempermental as you'd expect from a fire shugenja!
>Go on, get out of here, before I'm forced to hurt you!
>I grabbed Kiyoyasu's arm before he could pull his wakizashi
>Then I turned to glare at Masahiro
>He wasn't paying me any mind
>Rather he was looking at Naomi
>You see? This is how a shugenja should be! Quite, demure!
>Then, right in front of my, he stroked my wife's ass.
>I became aware of weight on my arm
>I blinked.
>Kiyoyasu was holding my arm, leaning back with all his weight
>My knuckles hurt
>Well...
>Shit.

Too much sake. :^)

Ikoma-sama is lucky Crab-kun didn't kill him in a blind rage