Board Game General /bgg/ - As previously requested edition

Last thread:
Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/NA2W929q

Same old questions same old answers, how about some odd answers. Forget kickstarter, what's the oddest way you've ever acquired a game? Yard sale, bequeathed by a crazy uncle, traded a horse, payment for sexual services rendered?

How about your non-bookshelf storage; do you store your games in a desk drawer? Linen closet, under the sink, big steamer trunk with a heavy iron lock that'd make pirates happy?

What's the strangest gaming experience you've ever had? Someone's prototype, giant/human sized copy of a game, do you Catan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last thread died, one user recommended puerto rico.

So, to get into a heavier euro

Agricola(old) / Caverna / Le Havre / Agricola 2016 / Suggestions?

Pic is my humble collection for reference.

LOL - OP I was not expecting anyone to seriously use that pic for a thread image. :)

I'd lean towards Caverna / Le Havre myself. Puerto Rico is good. You might also look at Archipelago if you want a heavier Euro.

Great OP pic.

>odd way to get a game
Dude was selling his collection online, he needed money for a divorce and I bought a couple off him. I almost felt bad for scoring AGoT at half price.

>non shelf
empty sofa is practically a dumpster. clothes, boxes, backpacks, gadgets...

>strangest gaming experience
Diplomacy. after the inevitable backstab, this dude that thought the other guy was his stalwart ally stood up, stared him square in the eye and with barely contained, cold rage said "I'd say you're a whore, but that would be disrespectful to whores" then left the house. To this day he won't speak to his ex friend.

Agricola/Caverna is a solid choice. I haven't played Agricola, but apparently Caverna is basically same game with different theme. Get the newest one, my friend who is a big fan told me that the designer is trying to perfect the game with every new edition.

Puerto Rico is one of the most played games of my collection. The strong points of it are rules that are easy to learn but the game has great strategic depth. Also it's not very long game so you can easily play 3 games in one session. The theme is rather dull to be honest but works.

Another of my current favourites is Roll for the Galaxy. Again, fast, easy, depth. Plus a lot of dice rolling if you enjoy it. As the game progresses you get technologies that let you manipulate dice so it's not totally random. Expansion is also great and recommended.

I think youd really like race for the galaxy (roll for 3+ players)

>oddest way you've ever acquired a game?

buying out of the truck of FLGS owner after his store went out of business in the parking lot of the empty store a year later. Still able to look inside and see old tables and cardboard displays because nobody else had rented it.

>non-bookshelf

several games are currently holding up my lightbox setup for photography

>What's the strangest gaming experience you've ever had?

off the top of my head, playing twilight imperium with a guy who was also simultaneously playing a second game of TI on his phone with other people.

runner up would be playing MoM with the same guy, so drunk that it took him almost two hours to set up and him refusing to let anyone help him.

>oddest way
Work in recycling, people throw a lot of stuff out. Boxes are usually scuffed up or muddy, but the only components to be missing so far are dice. I'm not talking stumbling into gold mines here, but for a hit of nostalgia when you see Wrestling Challenge or Blockbusters sticking out of a pile of rubbish, I'll take free and dirty.

>non-bookshelf storage
In boxes. Not ideal for playing anything you want, so there's usually a few outside of boxes that are played a few times before the time comes to switch them out for something from the boxes.

>strangest experience
Don't really have anything strange so far. Gaming in a venue with screaming kids and oblivious parents isn't strange, just ridiculous. Machinery at work isn't even as loud as a screaming child.

Agricola 2016.

P.S. Robinson Crusoe is much of the Agricola experience except in a cooperative format, great game.

How is Chaos in the Old World?
Does it play smoothly? It looks a bit clunky

I like it very much, it aint even my usual style of game but I always had fun playing it.

It IS a bit clunky, not nothing crazy.

what would you get me next?

The only aspect of the rules which doesn't seem "natural" to the game is that the territories need their scoring resolved in a specific order (there are arrows on the board to help) but this is important in the end game to possibly make lower-number regions which are normally rather shitty more valuable; the fifth region ruination to occur in the game prevents further regions from being ruined and ends the game that turn, and Nurgle, whose strategy revolves around corruption and ruination, tends to stay away from low-numbered regions.

Basically, it's important because you can force players not to score a super valuable region by fucking up a shitty early-ordered region.

You need something by GMT, preferably something with a billion different cardboard chits you use to keep track of unique active effects on regions.
GMT is putting out a game later which is basically Mad Max set to Thunder Alley rules.

>oddest way you've ever acquired a game
I picked up a pristine copy of Pandemic at a thrift store. When I say pristine I mean I don't think anyone ever even opened this game - the cards were still in their plastic.

>non-bookshelf storage
Can't answer this one, I'm afraid. Some of my friends friends joked about building me a special gaming chair that had storage space built into it for my birthday, but nothing ever came of it.

>strangest gaming experience
Probably when I was playing Catan. Another player and I had been fighting over the same territory, and I didn't quite realize how frustrated she was getting. I finally managed to box her out of the node she had been trying so hard to build towards, ad she snapped - she picked up the robber, threw it at me, screamed at me for five minutes, and then stormed out never to be seen again.

My father told me a story about a couple who got divorced over the inevitable backstab. They were on the rocks anyway, but it was the final straw.

How would you design a brawling board game (like Tekken or Yakuza or God Hand) WITHOUT dice?

>strangest
nothing super strange, bought all unopened settlers expansions for 40% of retail from some chinese girl off facebook

>non-shelf?
my house has a bar so they sorta live there when we play, by the end of the weekend theres a stack that migrate back to the shelf

>experience?
either werewolf where this one girl who plays the exact same way I do ended up refusing to play with me because of arguments or a game of settlers (base) a few years ago that ballooned out to 3 hours (we average about 40 minutes)

fate cards
chaos tokens

You could take a look at Brawl. It might not be what you want, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Anyway, if I were designing one from scratch, it'd probably be with a deck of cards. Each card would have different effects besides damage, such as invalidating certain types of cards, getting stronger if your opponent played he wrong type of card, forced discards, immediately letting you play another card after the resolution, and so on. Additionally, most cards could be chained into other cards to boost their effects at the expense of making you predictable. Obviously you'd play simultaneously and resolve simultaneously unless the cards say otherwise.

>odd way to get a game
Ultimatley not too weird (buying online from a game store somewhere) but to get Yggdrasil 2nd edition I had to hit the 11th page of google search results and the game store was in a different country. (canada to the US but still)

>>non shelf storage
Oh dear,,, right now every horizontal surface is game storage while I work on throwing up more shelves. Aside from that, though my light/travel games go in a wooden box that used to be for Pyrat Rum.

>>strangest gaming experience
Oh man I've got stories from this, but sadly most of them aren't exactly /bgg/

>RPG, weirdest
Like the time I was begged to run D&D when my group was all bored at a house party but had a BLINDING headache that by necessity or blearyness modified the game a LOT whether by necessity (Players did all rolling because the GM's head was under a stack of pillows), semi-necessity (homebrewed platypus demons with explosive death throes), or pain-and-painkiller reduced insanity (said monsters used Thac0. We were playing 3e. I'd never even played oldschool D&D at that point, just read the books and somehow my brain defaulted to that math)

>MtG, Close second
WAY back to high school. Last (half) day of the school year. Oversized janky Rith deck versus Janky Odyssey/onslaught zombie clerics. Result: after four periods of Rith with Armadillo Cloak trying to make progress against zombies with multiple Righteous Cause and Words of Worship, the game ended when Rith had to draw from an empty library. Rith's life: we stopped counting when it passed a thousand. Zombie clerics life: 1.

>Best actually /bgg/ related
The game: TI3. After a clusterfuck of a penultimate turn involving more space battles than the rest of the game put together and Mecatol Rex being nuked by War Sun, Jol Nar, who sat that whole mess out in their containment area, wins with one little action card: the one that forces a player to choose a different strategy, making Letnev pass on Imperial.

I don't know if this is in the right post, but Im working on a set of unnecessary table pieces to lift my games of Talisman. This here is nothing less than the classic Crown of Command. Turned out pretty good IRL, but the quality of the picture is not the best.

>The only aspect of the rules which doesn't seem "natural" to the game
It does make a bit of thematic sense since the invasion from the hordes of chaos comes down from the warp portal in the north pole and chaos creeps southwardly.
It is an odd mechanic tho.

>Package was supposed to arrive yesterday
>Nothing
>Tracking changes to "delayed, will arrive before wednesday"
Fucking postal services

What does /bgg/ think of Mansions of Madness

?

Some folks love it - some hate it. You'll have to do a bit of research and come to your own conclusion. There are more than a few review videos on MoM, and you shouldn't have a problem finding 'play-through' videos that go over the rules and actual game play as well.

>explosive death throws
Tell me more

Nice work. I've got 2nd Edition Talisman and most of the expansions. But we only play it once every few years (if that) for shits-n-giggles. That said - I'm sure other folks would love to see any of your other 3D work as well.

So..... Marmite?

Help me Veeky Forums, you are my only hope.

I'm trying to downsize my collection as I have incoming games and I've run out of shelf space. Which games go on the purge list? Probably looking to try and get rid of around 10.

Also looking for discerning tastemakers to rate and suggest a title or two to fill up the void...

If I had to cull from that? Pick 1 from Ashes/Mage Wars/Summoner Wars, that pulls two games with heavy overlap out of your collection. If you've played the entirety of Pandemic Legacy then give it to whichever friend was there with you for the whole thing and let them house the nostalgia. If you don't play with exactly 6 all the time not-Dune can go. If you're really looking to clear shelf space, you might look into auctioning the glut of FFG/GMT you've got; always seem to sell fast on BGG. Either that or math trade them, you'll get good value.

>Mecatol Rex being nuked by War Sun
I thought that explicitly couldn't happen.

Super polarizing. Veeky Forums in general despises it and will pile on anyone who suggests it's good.

Same with Talisman.

I've seen math trades mentioned before but I don't know what that means

the people who hate it have actually never tried it, they're just poor

Someone posts a list on BGG, you add any games you're willing to trade within the window listed. Then a window opens where you go to an online tool (OWLG) and add what games you want out of what's listed, and which games you've listed you're willing to trade for them. Usually this is a week or two window and once you've submitted your wishlist you're obligated to make the trade. Then once submissions and wishlists are closed the person running the math trade uses the tool to run lists against each other, looking to make the most trades possible. You don't always get your first pick, but the idea is instead of waiting months and years to trade something you want for something you don't a couple hundred people get trades all at once in a bunch of giant circles. If you attend ANY of the major cons the US/Can/EU there's likely a no-ship trade that happens for it, as well as monthly trades for various regions (but you'll have to factor in shipping when you consider your games' worth).

Rahdo did a decent video series on it where he walks through all the mechanics of setting up your lists, adding on to someone else's etc.
>youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8

You list stuff you want, stuff you have for trade, and a computer decides who mails what to who, so you can set up extremely complicated webs of trades. Like, if you want Dune and have a bunch of common but good games for trade, you'll send away a bunch of random stuff and get Dune even if no one wants to trade Dune for an assorted lot.

I don't like it because all five times I've played it (admittedly it was 1e) the character who finds the first clue tends to rush the game as the other characters just run interference.
I also don't like blatant exploitation of a market, but not enough not to buy EH and CE expacs.

Get rid of your 10 least played games. If you have any hesitation, try to get them out and play them asap and you'll remember why you never get it to the table

Barring that, here's my arbitrary list
>Android
>Arctic Scavengers
>Bang: the Dice Game
>Blood Bowl: TM
>Dixit (put the cards in Mysterium box)
>Doomtown
>PL Season 1 (you finished it right?)
>Space Cadets Dice Duel
>Timeline
>pardon my ignorance on City of Horror and The Mushroom Eaters. I vaguely remember something about a decent mushroom eating game but I thought it was called something else. Anyway, idk, dump one of these too

>
I never played 1e. In 2e I don't think that kind of thing happens that often, or at least people tend to switch roles depending on the circumstances (partly attributed to good scenario design, or maybe our playstyle).

>they dislike [stuff], so that must mean they cannot afford [stuff]
stupidest argument I ever read, and I'm a /b/tard

>oddest way you've ever acquired a game?
On business trip to Krautland, have stopover in London for one night. Happens to be opening night of a boardgame cafe in downtown, so I stop by for a bit. Grab an overpriced copy of King of New York with the last of my BongBucks as a gift for my brother whose birthday I'll be flying back on. He appreciates the gift, but loses track of it until a couple months later right after christmas, when he brings it over for a game night and it ends up staying on my shelf with the rest of his games. A year later, cleaning up my brother's workspace after he moved to a different job, I find, buried under some refuse, a shrinkwrapped copy of King of New York. With a price tag sticker in GBP. Brother insists that he didn't buy a new copy to cover up losing the one I got him. Best guess is that he accidentally stole a copy our cousins brought up for christmas, but they deny having lost theirs. Remains a mystery. Brother is probably a lying little shit.

>non-bookshelf storage
Some have wound up in the same cabinet that I store overflow firearms from my gun case in. And Cosmic Encounter lives in a cigar humidor.

>Strangest gaming experience?
Irish Weaboo doing a topless gyrational victory dance around the game table whilst extoling the virtues of his genitalia, Crown Royal, and the Jack-In-The-Box Brunch Burger. Pic related.

Can't be turned into a supernova, but you can absolutely glass it via bombardment.

Epic ginger is epic.

>the last of my BongBucks

KEK! I'll never look at the GBP the same way again...

> Irish Weaboo doing a topless gyrational victory dance...

That is you, right?

>>they dislike [stuff], so that must mean they cannot afford [stuff]
>stupidest argument I ever read, and I'm a /b/tard

Sadly we have no shortage of 'tools' who do nothing but add to the 'noise' side of the signal to noise ratio here. Usually we just ignore them and move on.

>seeing significant overlap with my collection
mah melanin-enhanced brother.

I'd junk Pandemic Legacy, Doomtown, WH40k Conquest and Caverna, also pick between Coup/Mascarade and Summoner Wars/Ashes

as for filling the void, look into picking up any combination of Chicago Express, Duel of Ages II, Argent: The Consortium and Shadows of Malice. Bemused is one that is on my radar that I've pre-ordered which may also interest you as well

>That is you, right?
Ha, no. I don't know what the local euphemism for talking about STEEV behind his back is.

Cutting games is always going to be a very personal matter: even terrible games have people who, in the right circumstances, derive a lot of enjoyment from them. Based on a mix of reputation and experience, my arbitrary kill list would be

>Cosmic Encounter
Because I've tried to play with it and have NEVER had fun
>Descent
Because the itch it scratches is one I'd fill with RPGs or other options
>Pandemic Legacy
Legacy games have little to no continuing value.
>Cidadels
If you're really killing for space then keep it because it comes in a nice travel sized box, but otherwise there are better draft games
>Tzolkin
My experience with this one is one of people being frustrated, but I'll admit to having limited experience
>Lords of Vegas
Because the theme really isn't grabby
> Space Hulk and Harry Potter
These go together because their problem is the same: I've heard nothing good and a good deal poor about them.
>Netrunner
Unless you're satisfied with the base set, the meta is a hell labyrinth of ass.
>War of the Ring
I feel like you're overstocked on the big, expansive war games and TI3 and Chaos in the Old World seem better to keep.
> Bonus: Tales of the Arabian Nights
Needs a very specific sort of group that doesn't seem to be reflected in the rest of your stuff. This could be a plus or minus

>> Space Hulk...
> I've heard nothing good and a good deal poor about (it).

Obviously you haven't been asking around here. Both the minis version and the card based version of Space Hulk are well received. I wouldn't pay the 'obnoxious' prices being asked some places for the expansions for the card game, but it has a solid and dedicated following beyond just the 40K fans.

I've been eyeing Tammanny Hall for half a year, can you give me the skinny on it?

And here I thought you were the 'crazy ginger'. :) Ah well, another happy illusion shattered...

>Lords of Vegas
>reason to drop isn't Mayfair related

I'm more like a dolph lundgren who never got into bodybuilding or hair bleach.

Are there any other board games which have a heavy focus on runes/sigils/symbols?

Might be a long shot, but Elder Sign and Runescape have symbols integreated into the theme...

Drop 40k Conquest unless you have a dedicated play partner, because you're hardly going to find another.

I meant Rune Wars

Where do your purged games go?

Ditch all but one LCG (Netrunner, Ashes, Doomtown, Game of Thrones, 40k).
You probably don't need so many area control games either (Kemet, Chaos in the Old World, Shogun, Rex, Runewars).

since when is collecting shit about needing it?

Never, but user asked for suggestions on what to cut down on. If he's in love with those games I'm sure he'll ignore me, but if not it's a good idea to cut down on size while not sacrificing much in the way of variety of games.

I cracked yesterday and bought Arkham Horror LCG despite planning not to buy any expansions. Just read the booklets and it sounds rather complex on a theoretical point of view but also quite fluid.
I also purchased Saboteur 2 because I needed a game for quite a bit of people. Still, I don't understand the extra roles, the boss in particular. Mind shedding some light?

War of the Ring is effectively a 2 player game only, while Chaos is effectively 4 players only and TI3 is 5+.

They're also very different games. WotR isn't really heavy, and is largely about theme.

Finally, WotR is the best game out of the three. I'd never get rid of WotR.

How's Wiz-War?

Not that user, but I also have it and I love it, it's a light hearted, fast paced rampage of "fuck you!" spell slinging.
Might not be your jam if you prefer brainy puzzles with low interaction or non confrontational coops. Wiz War is unapologetically ameritrashy and it's a blast to play.

From what you said, that sounds like it's my kind of game. How accessible is it to normies since that's all I can play with?

BattleCON. If you specifically mean one vs mooks brawling, that may be more difficult.

You can teach non gamers how it plays in 5 minutes.
Rules are super simple, you may move 3 spaces per turn, you may cast 1 attack spell and however many neutral spells you want during your move. Your goal is to get 2 points, every enemy treasure stolen and transported back to your base is worth 1 point, every opponent's head is worth 1 point, you decide how you get the points.
Every spell card details what type of spell it is and what its effects are and (this might be the only hurdle your players encounter, there's a bit of a learning curve) there are a lot of different effects and interactions.

I wonder if you could 1 vs many with the BattleCON system via the Fury of Dracula combat rules

Perfect, thanks user

Uwe games:

Agricola is fun, but it's a very punishing game--you're almost always going to feel like you're just scraping by. Old version has some balance issues in the occupation cards, not sure about 2016.

Caverns is mechanically similar to Agricola, but it's a lot more forgiving. Might not hold up over as many plays as Agricola because there's less setup variance, but conversely with as many options always available as Caverna has, you're more free to decide "This game I will be the sheeplord".

Le Havre is quite good, and gets away from "Get more workers ASAP" being a thing, because you only ever have one. Good luck finding it in print without spending a bajillion dollars, though.

Ora et Labora I haven't played.

A Feast for Odin is fun, introducing a puzzle mechanic as you try to fill your board(s), and again keeps everyone on an even footing for worker count, constantly increasing over the course of the game. Also makes it reasonably easy to not starve. The occupation cards are pretty underpowered, but it's still great.

Dear colleagues, please recommend me a two-player wargame with simple rules and a 30-minute playtime. (And by 'wargame' I mean area control with dudes on a detailed map, not a war-themed engine builder like Small World.)

Does such a thing even exist?

The point of the 2016 Agricola overhaul is exactly to fix the balance issues. The 2016 Agricola comes with around 100 cards.

Then there's plans for a 2018 "pro" Agricola release with 1000 rebalanced cards.

All in all, Agricola is the game that's gonna be updated and supported.

Ogre?

Non-Uwe I don't know quite as much about, but...

Keyflower: Uses auction mechanics combined with worker placement. No starvation but it's cutthroat as fuck. A big recommend from me.

Archipelago: Part co-op part competitive. You explore the archipelago, build towns, and whatnot, trying to outprofit each other, but you also have to collectively manage unrest or you all lose, so bargaining and trading does happen. Great game, theme and art kind of stumble into "kinda racist" territory, if that bothers you.

Argent: the Consortium : Wizards! Non-agriculture! Shooting spells at opponents to screw them over! Hidden objectives that you can spend actions to discover! A bajillion goddamn options! It's a lot of fun, but hoo boy is there a lot going on in this one; it can get kinda clunky. Worth a look, though, because what other euro lets you research forbidden magics?

The Colonists: Haven't played it but I've heard a lot of glowing praise.

Nexus Ops

I'll try to pitch the worst board game design. Ready?

Cthulhu Legacy
dice based combat
app required
co-op
unpainted resin
150 bucks
fflight production value
loredump on cards
traitor/cultist mechanic and third player DLC

Can it be made worse somehow?

what is better than citadels? i remember enjoying it when i played it with a large group. suggestions, especially for like 3-4 players?

Kickstarter stretch goals promises "physical manual", goal is unmet. Forced to use companion app.

Ill take 8

How's Shadow Hunters? Vassel says it replaced Bang! on his shelf. It's not exactly cheap.

>Twilight Struggle
I ended up getting that game as a graduation present for myself because I already played autistic map painters on PC and wanted to up upgrade to boardgames and heard this game was a good entry point, but because of how life ended up that copy of the game is now under a bed several states away, the box still unopened. I even found some people with whom I could've played with right before I had to leave too :/

Speaking of map games, what's /bgg/'s opinion of Calandale? I found his channel a while back and I'm guessing he's known as some bigshot from BoardGameGeek based on how often he mentions that site.

Also, I was considering picking up picrelated on Amazon, is it any good?

I own it, it's fine, but to be quite honest, I 'd rather play bang the dice game now. Accomplishes pretty much the same thing, about as random, but much faster and less fiddly (not that Shadow Hunter is fiddly, but Bang TDG is even simpler)

Good list user; there's also Glass Road and Fields of Arle which I've heard both play a little closer to Odin than Agricola, but I have 0 experience with them.

Memoir 44? It's more about victory conditions than area control though

Should I?

Robinson Crusoe is basically the Agricola starvation experience except in a cooperative format.

How do I play this game in the OP, friends?

Thanks my man, i said le havre because we'll have it here in brazil around july ( expansion included) and it looks neat and its 5 players. Probably its a global print because its all printed in china.

Im was really leaning towards caverna , my only problem is the game length, i dont think my group has the necessary attention span nor the patience to play a game like that.( I think i have to find a better group ). We'll also have simultaneous caverna 2p launch , maybe ill grab that.

Aaaaand agricola 2016 is only 4 players. My group is 5 people and the publisher here do not have plans to launch the expansion.

Feast for odin looks sick af and i'll probably buy it to play 2p with my GF ( isnt fields of arle a feast for odin for 2? )

First I post my board game waifu, then you lose because she's already best girl

pls respond

shit game desu senpai

Absolutely, I played half of a game and walked away from the demo table before it ended, that doesn't mean she's not awesome.

Well, I didn't mean her game, I meant the game of Twilight Snuggle we just played.

As I've experienced, Shadow Hunters is pretty great. It's got dice rolling, which might put some people off, but it's also a game with a heavy social deduction aspect where you are actually moderatley in charge of your fate because rather than being few versus many, the sides are balanced and you just don't know who your ally is. It's a more meaty experience than, say, Coup, but it doesn't tend to overstay its welcome either, and there are a lot of strategic avenues to consider. I've seen players lurk all the way to the endgame with great success but then I've also seen someone get revealed on turn 1, as a Shadow no less, and still pull it off turning the game into a fisticuff deathmatch.

IMO, the Neutrals really help make the game, since they provide a buffer between the factions and several of them encourage fairly volatile play. That's why I'd really only bother with 5+

Card drafting
Grossly imbalanced assymmetric factions
Gimp strategy where someone wins by losing
Feed your dudes or get a harsh penalty
Augmented reality animated miniature combat
Random map generation and objectives
Cryptozoic and/or Eric Lang are involved somehow

Does anyone have eyes on the Seafall Captain's Booke? I'd love to just crack it open to get a better idea of the game's design, but I don't want to spend 80 bucks to do so.

user, i got fedup with SPM bullshit, requested refind for legends KS and put my SDE collection on sale.

now searching for some dungeon crawlan with strinkle of tactic. Could you recommend me some good board game? hard mode: not SDE, Descent2 or conan.

I'm still playing the closed beta rules, they might've changed you'd have to ask the designer user.

>fed up with SPM bullshit
What'd they do?

Why? Do you already own 'SeaFail'? I've seen very little in the way of positive feedback on it, and plenty of experienced gamers noting how easy it is for one gain a run-away advantage and just dominate the whole of the mid and late game. Sounds totally 'un-fun'.

undermanaged and poorly organized SDE: Legends kickstarter. i've had a stupidity to invest in that mess, and because of that has missed kdm1.5. now there is shitty updates and SPM won't give straight answer about a state of the project.