I've recently got

I've recently got
1x rite of the serpent
1x rotting mastodon
1x ruthless ripper

Should i have them replace any of these?

Creatures (17)
2 Carrier Thrall
1 Despoiler of Souls
2 Fetid Imp
1 Foul Imp
2 Blistergrub
1 Cadaver Imp
1 Giant Scorpion
1 Bala Ged Scorpion
1 Desecration Demon
1 Squelching Leeches
1 Indulgent Tormentor
1 Priest of the Blood Rite
1 Griselbrand
1 Pestilence Demon
Planeswalkers (1)
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
Spells (14)
1 Disfigure
1 Innocent Blood
1 Mire's Toll
1 Altar's Reap
2 Doom Blade
2 Grim Discovery
2 Smallpox
1 Hideous End
1 Ambition's Cost
1 Tendrils of Corruption
1 Demon's Grasp
Enchantments (4)
2 Quest for the Gravelord
1 Shadows of the Past
1 Unhallowed Pact
Lands (24)
2 Leechridden Swamp
22 Swamp

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/pauper-mono-black-control-21898#online
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is this mess.
No seriously this isn't standard and would be destroyed in modern.
The answer is none of those cards generally. But looking at your deck I see questionable choices all the way down.

Is this casual? Who are you playing this with?
Why did you make a new thread for this? Why did you waste trips for this?

>Why did you waste trips for this?
top kek.

Wtf is this shit show. You need to tell us what you are going to do with...that. You also need to go read about the basics of deck building.

Sorry for the waste of trips lads.
That was the ob nixilis deck from the duel deck "nissa vs ob nixilis" but with renegade demon swapped for griselbrand.
Im trying to reduce its shittyness even if just a notch down.
Any tips for my trips?

Yea but who are you playing against? Let's start there duel decks are fun but you either scrap the whole things for parts orrr you just play against duel decks. There isn't a middle ground really.

I play with
2 dudes with custom decks
3 dudes with planeswalker decks
2 dudes with a duel decks
And i'm trying to gradually build something that wont get shrekt too often

>griselbrand casually hiding in there
10/10 deck

I say go all in on Griselbrand
Stuff in a set of dark rituals, Entombs and most importantly Shallow Grave.
Toss in a mox and Tendrils of Agony.

So ideal play
Swamp, dark ritual, entomb Griselbrand, shallow grave him out, swing for 7, then pay 21 life to draw 21 cards. Drop a lotus petal (would also work if you had no swamp).
Once you do that, on your second main phase drop cabal ritual, anything else that can ramp or does fuck all, then storm tendrils of agony on them.
Turn 1 win

What's your budget man?
Kitchen table is an odd format and power can get out of control quickly.

Can you describe your custom opponents?

Now GrizzyB is a fantastic reanimator target. That said reanimator is a combo that can a get expensive and warp a local meta quickly.

My budget is about 225 dollarydoos
One only plays a standard deck (GW kaladesh deck built around ajani)
The other one has a RU dragon tribal with burn spells, counterspells, burn artifacts and 2 sphinx's tutelages

That's a good budget for a competitive deck for FNM. That's good. It can be a hobby with an expensive buy in. Seems like your meta is a little all over. The worry with buying your way to victory is upsetting the meta. In money war everyone eventually loses. I recommend talking with your pals and agreeing on a format. (may I recommend pauper, standard or commander for your price range?)

That said your deck is a mess and I don't know what you want to do with it. You go from trash Commons to GrizzyB. I can always recommend legacy reanimator but I don't think that's the right plan.

You are playing mono B
Why not look at Mono Black Control for pauper.
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/pauper-mono-black-control-21898#online

No Rares in pauper but there are some very powerful cards.

I mean, I'm gonna suggest you build Dread Return Dredge. But that's because I'm a bad person.

(It sits in my pile of "Casual decks for new players" to demonstrate what sort of things you can do in magic)

OP, I have a better idea: Ignore everything said in this thread and just experiment. Unless you have a 90+% loss rate, your meta is not competitive enough to integrate suggestions from more competitive-minded players. (Using 'competitive' as 'trying to win' here; I exclusively play casual but my decks would completely destroy a newbie.)

Rather than blindly taking suggestions, you need to learn which cards work in a deck and why; this is one of the most important skills in Magic. If you ARE going to take advice from experienced players, please be aware that having a too powerful deck for the meta will make the game unfun and/or escalate the meta to be far, far more competitive (which may be unfun especially for newbies), which will only make your situation worse.

I'd play commander if GrizzyB wouldn't be banned
Pauper would be fine (but i RRRRREEAAALLY want to use griz)
And i simply refuse to play standard (the fact that you have to play whatever is in the newest block and not what you'd like rustles my jimmies)
Why not reanimator?

Reanimator is a shell that lets you play any high-cost monster you feel like.
This is a really easy way to run straight into unfun and extremely expensive places very fast.

look at the pauper deck for good ideas, then go from there with your own cards.

I have a couple "that guy"s in my group.
It'd be fun to have them not tell me that my deck is utter shite, win with them again and again; and every time that happens - point at them while devilishly cackling. So yes. I'll gladly accept the finest tips from experts.

>Why not reanimator?
Why the fuck not man
It's only expensive
Except it's not cause it's mono black
Dirt cheap by legacy standards

Also pauper is amazing fun until they cast assault strobe on immolating souleater.

That sounds nice in theory, but more likely you'll just trigger an arms race that doesn't end until you're all playing Legacy. And your $225 budget won't cover that.

All of this leads to what I was suggesting. You need to turn your groups unspoken social contract into a spoken one. If that guys have unlimited money then a legacy arms race only leads to butt pain from the losers and no one to play with for the "winners"

I think establishing a "format" is fine. No ban list modern, you could play standard with the top ten cards banned. Commander with unbaned GrizzyB.

Losing to assholes sucks but you don't win your trying to out spend them. Do you like the rest of your player base? It seems like you have 6+ people maybe draft?

Your deck is a mess and you can throw money at it but why throw money just to get madder at that guys. You win when you have established rules and they are restricted in their assholery.

My friend group has a few different kinds of meta
>fucking trash ""modern""
>>oh look I don't know how to build a deck but here are some colors I like and none of my cards are that old

>bad standard
>>toss together jank from bulk

>real modern
>>look real fetchlands

>bad legacy
>>most expensive rare is like $12 at most

>pauper
>>I finally have a home for all my return to ravnica bulk commons

Pauper is literally the best solution and objectively the best format for any casual group.

Thanks for the tips fellas
Muh 3 picks
-reanimator
-play commander with unband griselbrand
-pauper

you really only need 4 Entombs and 4 Reanimates to turn any mono black deck with Griselbrand into something dangerous.

Maybe fill it out with Animate Deads, Exhumes, and Dark Rituals.