Who thought bringing back king of mary sues was a good idea?

Who thought bringing back king of mary sues was a good idea?

Same people that thought killing their oldest ip right as TWW was building up hype for it and then replacing it with non rules and not even points values for a year was just right.
I wonder how soon until every model has only the Quality stat, Wound stat, and Save stat.

I'm just glad the story is finally progressing after so many frustrating years.

Quit your bitching, space yiffs player.

Coincidence?

I'm not. I'd rather have it stuck forever and have a steady game setting.

>those who would see the master of mankind dead
are you just baiting for (you)s, or what

Get this man off Warhammer and back into Lotr.

It makes me wonder what will happen to the chapters that follows his codex like a religious text or something.

Sanguinius was the real Mary Sue.

Roboute Guilliman had few friends, was an asshole to those that he found lacking, and borderline autistic about law and order and all those things. Sanguinius, meanwhile, was a nice guy that everyone loved, that succeeded in everything he started, and that died for your sins.

And Guilliman never even actually died. Bringing him back is perfectly all right. But if anyone tries to bring Sanguinius back, shit's in a bad state.

I'm not bothered in the slightest. Its always been about a shitty status quo, now the galaxy has been split in half and things are worse than ever, getting super marines and rowboat back just evens the scales again

Another miracle in the making for the Empress of man Yvraine.

I mean that's probably an idealized concept of him: the whole black rage business in his chapters suggests he may have had some serious issues though he was probably good at hiding them. Also I doubt his fight with Horus actually left that chink or did anything.

I do agree with you on Guilliman not being a mary sue though.

Eldar,it's always their fault for everything

Agreed. I don't want a story, I want a setting that allows for multiple different stories

>Sanguinius, meanwhile, was a nice guy that everyone loved, that succeeded in everything he started, and that died for your sins.

And that's exactly WHY he had to die from a narrative perspective. He was a directly analogous to Jesus, and so he had to be very, very similar to Jesus and be essentially perfect. Even the Black Rage is something analogous to Jesus, as Jesus Himself was tempted by the Devil to succumb to his own power in the desert, but Jesus (and Sanguinius) triumphed over temptation.

Surely the king of Mary Sues is the emperor himself.

That's not abby

>Emperor
>mary sue
He's actually a good character

Kill off the ward lore and what you have is..

Best legion, best primarch.

Get over it kiddies!

Bringing him back wasn't really a bad idea I think.
Bringing him back FIRST was.
If you're going to bring back the primarchs, start with the fighty ones, give them badass fights and have them accomplishing flashy feats. But no matter how impressive they are, the enemies are too strong and too numerous and they can't be everywhere, so the situation degrade as the primarchs try to salvage what they can.
THEN you bring back Guilliman, who proceed by doing nothing impressive, maybe even getting his ass kicked at first, but start working on administration, technology, governance, logistic, and all sort of stuffs that may be boring but actually save the Imperium.

Good paperworks will save the Galaxy!

Hilariously its more so the Ultramarines as a whole that are portrayed as a mary sue rather then Guilliman.

Guilliman is still portrayed a little to well, being simultaneously THE BEST at empire building, and TACTICS(which is an insane thing to give one primarch - though it is said Horus / The Lion were really good at the latter). And with this, rules wise in HH games he is a top tier duelist.

It was a setting, nor a story. It was a sandbox for you and everybody else to make their own stories. Y'know, because the hobby used to be about creativity rather than buying plot-important-powercreep-named-character A and obligatory large model set piece B. People like you spoiled it. Congrats.

Jesus came back so Sang can too

Easy

>999
>9th Legion
>9th Primarch

Praise the Emperor!

Forgot pic

It doesn't matter, because by late 2017 or early next year WH40k will be gone and replaced with Age of the Imperium, Age of the Emperor, or Age of the Primarchs.

Why couldn't they have handled 40k like Wotc handled Eberron?

Eberron is a setting, it doesn't ever advance. But there are noncanon books published by wotc that detail how it advances.
The setting stays the same so people can play in it in a consistent way.

> Mfw I actually wanted an Age of Mortals.

When everything goes to shit: Headcanon.

Precisely

>Mary Sue
>Still believes that someone is that powerful when the setting is half imperial propaganda and whenever someone is hyped up as super powerful, they are presented that way so the average citizen doesn't realize how fucked they are

C'mon my dude

I don't know OP. Someone retarded I guess.

The same people who thought that introducing a techpriest that's older than the Imperium and who produced better marines than the Emperor was a good idea

Mary Sue was so named after a fan character in Star Trek fanficiton.

A female's escapist fantasy/self insert. Pretty, smart, so humble, friends/girlfriend/romantic interest of all the characters her creator wanted to fuck. Possibly with some absolutely amazing standout characteristic that just seems so poorly written or handled that it clashes with the story itself.

The thing is, Mary Sue as a term, when not specifically referencing fanfiction characters, is wrong. Any character that is minmaxed is not a Mary Sue. When you misuse the term like that, anything that's more powerful or more handsome or just better than everybody else in one thing is a "Mary Sue."

But it's understandable. Mary Sue as a term was used by the backbiting petty squabbling female fanfic writers of yore the way "slut" was used by their more popular contemporaries in highschool. Offering to critique or "beta" somebody's writing or fanfiction, getting critique that their precious OC was a "Mary Sue" and "tips on improving it" which amounted to nonsensical subjective grooming as a ritual, with no literary improvement on their writing or creativity whatsoever.

Please stop buying into this misappropriation of the term Mary Sue that has become bastardized and is perpetually misused and reinforced by these stupid cunts just trying to invalidate each others characters and stay retarded. There are much better ways to criticize characters like Guilliman than calling them poorly written just because they're better than other characters at something. Or even everything.

>all those 9s
>9 is Kek's most powerful number, the final single digit before the doubles
What did Kek mean by this?

The same people that thought increasing "shapeless gunblob-itis" was a good idea. Seriously I like a lot of the stuff in 8th but the death of positioning is really annoying.

Owner choosing death sucks and its only saving grace is that flamers aren't completely vulnerable anymore.

Vehicles losing relentless sucks too. I can understand the manned weapons having -1 hit but automated weapons getting it too sucks. The loss of armor values could be remedied by "+1 to wound against vehicles attacked from the back and sides" or "-1 to wound from the front".

Character rules are shit as is and would work better if they treated other units like cover as in "can only be targeted if not 25% obscured by another enemy unit" also, the monster rule should make them targetable, Hive Tyrants are pretty fucking huge and many characters are way bigger than troops even without 10 wounds.

And unless they're constantly updating battle slates which, if their game is well made, they wouldn't have to do, the elimination of universal special rules is retarded. It only makes sense if they expect to update unit starts with special exceptions e.g. "place this unit anywhere on the table at least 9" away from another unit. But only on turns where night fighting is in effect" then calling it "Convert Deployment" instead of just calling everything "Deep Strike" would make sense.

Can't think of anything else I dislike that isn't just bitching about changes to my army.