GURPS
>Story
Burning Wheel

>combat
GURPS
>character creation
GURPS
>story
... How is this relevant to the system? Isn't this the GM's job? Either way, Fate.

>DnD 5e
>DnD 5e
>DnD 5e

>Mythras
>Mythras
>Call of Cthulhu by a hair's breadth

D100 über alles

Combat: D&D 4e
Character creation: Savage worlds
Story: Storyteller (OWoD)

>Combat
Warhammer fantasy roleplay second edition.
>Character creation
Ars Magica
>Story
Kult

>Combat
Dark Heresy
>Character creation
Call of Cthulhu
>Story
MdT

A lot of systems incorporate story mechanics. Get out more

>How is this relevant to the system? Isn't this the GM's job? Either way

I interpreted it as "non-combat conflict/action resolution.

that, what produces the best story, or what has the best mechanics oriented for story (like Legend of the Wulin and it's entanglement system)

Is it bad they're all the same thing?

I just love LotW. It's an awfully presented mess of a system, but when you get it moving...

I guess big thing I love about it is that it does away with the idea of there being a big gap between 'combat' and 'story'. It puts fights at the center of its storytelling, and builds mechanics around the idea that a conflict isn't just a matter of win and lose, but of relationships and ideals and so many other fascinating things. It's great... If you can get the fucking thing to work, which is far, far harder than it should be.

>combat
dnd 2e
>character creation
Numenera
>story
Depends on gm

>Combat
Savage Worlds
>Character Creation
OWoD
>Story
Burning Wheel

>My shitty home brew
>4e
>FFG SW

Unlike everyone else itt I assume that those three things are not three separate categories and should all be taken into account for each choice.
I will admit I have not experienced a lot, but
1. FFG Star Wars. Very fast-moving, cinematic, and the dice mechanic constantly forces you to think of ways to make the story better.
2. Call of Cthulhu. It does exactly what it's designed to do, no more, no less, which is much better than can be said of almost all systems.
3. Chronicles of Darkness. I'm assuming we can take the setting into consideration, because without the setting it's really nothing special (and has some serious flaws), but as cheesy as it gets it will always be the first setting I fell in love with.

>Combat
Dungeon World, but with initiative and turns.
>Character creation
D&D 5e I think, or maybe 4e actually. Not sure.
>Story
A game that fits whatever passion burns in the DM's heart. That's how magic happens.
Regarding "Story-mechanics" like oWoD Humanity, I could go both ways.
I love shit that connects your character to the world like 5e Backgrounds "background features" (e.g. hospitality, audience with the king, guild membership...) and especially stuff that establishes group relationships like Dungeon World's bonds (but some of its other "story mechanics" are pure cancer. e.g. failures have to be serious business, and often cause dangers to "spawn in" because you fucked up a knowledge roll or whatever.)

Fantasy Craft x3

Anima, GURPS, WarhamRPG.

Where de crunch at b0ss?

>>combat
Open D6. Simple, fast and lethal.

>>character creation
Albedo. Weaves personality and stats together beautifully.

>>story
Dark Heresy/Star Wars WEG. I like shitty/used futures with a ton of material available.

>combat
Legends of the Wulin
>character creation
Burning Wheel
>story
MonsterHearts

I like all of these for all of the catagories but each does 1 better than the others.

>combat
Reign. Quick and smooth to use, still crunchy enough to have some complexity.

>character creation
Better Angels. I like that you make half a character then someone else, who is playing the demon possessing you as well as their own character, makes the other half.

>story
Don't Rest Your Head. Just all around awesome setting and story explodes out from your characters and the action resolution system

> Combat
5e
> CC
Warhammer Fantasy
> Story
Burning Wheel

>Combat
L5R
>Character Creation
The Dark Eye
>Story
FATE core