Let's talk Orks in the new edition. Are we fucked or is it krumpin' time?

Let's talk Orks in the new edition. Are we fucked or is it krumpin' time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WE'Z BACK AN READY FER KRUMPIN
youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

DA BOYZ ER BACKIN' TOWN

krumpin time. Too early to tell but I'm excited

>these conversions

Well I'm gonna go kms

krumpin time ya grot!!! 'ave you seen da new stats for deffguns??

A thought just occurred to me. If a settlement gave a particularly good fight, would the Orks spare the women and children so as to be able to have more good fights in the future?

How many Burnas is too many Burnas?

Boyz are now incredibly points efficient at dealing damage in melee, very likely the most points efficient of any unit in the game.
Sluggas are looking to be overall better than Shootas now for that reason.
Our Bommers, particularly the Blitza Bommer, also look really good now, due to being able to effectively delete 10 wounds worth of enemy models on turn 1.
Other than that:
>Lootas are still shit
>Mek gunz look worse overall, traktor kannons might still have a place
>Big gunz are still amazing for the points, especially lobbas and kannons
>Flash gitz are better, but still a bit expensive for what you get
>Trukks appear to be best used for drivebys now to take advantage of open topped with units like Tankbustas
>Battlewagons are pricier, but are also amazing assault vehicles now. Keep it bare bones except for the free ard case and the now great deff rolla and fill it with melee troops, the battlewagon itself is like having an extra pair of PK Nobz swinging in combat but hitting on 2+ with the deff rolla
>Warbikers are shootier and tougher, but lost their cover save, kind of a wash, but still looks like one of our stronger options
>Killa Kanz are finally fucking great again
>Gorkanaut is the better choice over Morkanaut for once (unless you really want the KFF but don't want to buy a Big MeK for it)
>Deff Dreads look... okay, though not as points efficient as Kanz desu, a pair of skorchas is probably the most effective way to run it
>Deff Koptas are more expensive, but also way tougher, get mini-versions of blitza bombs for free, and can outflank reliably
>Warbuggies are also more expensive, but shootier and much tougher overall, and can also outflank reliably
>Stormboyz actually seem priced fairly for once at 8pts a boy. Take these if you prefer fast boyz that can more reliably make it into combat
>Nobz actually look enticing again, and their 3 point power stabba option for AP2 melee attacks seems like a great idea

Any chance of allowing me to toss as many boyz as i can stack in a single Trukk?

They often do, but not always.

MOAR

Just a reminder, Orks used to be good©™®.

You can charge out of vehicles.

Just a reminder, Orks used to get more dakka

Since bolters are AP0 now, that means T-shirts actually protect a little. I imagine that'll help boyz survive a little bit more to get through overwatch when they charge.

so boyz before toyz? Are loota realy that bad?

I think Orks could be convinced to do anything were you able to sufficiently provide evidence that they'd get more good fights.

Lootas are annoying because random shots means they might be garbage or might be decent, and you have basically no control over it. I guess you could use a command point reroll on their d3 shots, but even so, I'd personally rather take something I know I can count on to be at least reasonably good, like Kannons or Lobbas. Hell, even Tankbustas are more reliable, at least when shooting at vehicles (re-rolls to hit and bomb squigs now hit on 2+ at 18" range).

Why does nobody think of the Gretchin?

That's way too much rational thought for an Ork. Most likely they'll only be spared if there's a shortage of slave labor for the dakka-mills. That's about it

>finkin of grotz
>not bein a grot
pik wun

maybe for cheap backfield area denial, but with battleshock and no mobrule, you're paying a tax of almost the base gretchin unit price for that extra runtherd to keep them from exploding

So the Nob w/ WAAAGH! banner seems like ut'd be pretty good, any thoughts on it? seems to really make the most out of melee deff dreads.

Ork don't think that much ahead. They don't even know, nor care, that humans reproduce sexually

I just bought the ork section of Assault on Black Reach. What's next on the ork shopping list? I'm getting back into the game after a long absence.

use cp rerolls for number of shots, esp turn one

MOAR BOYZ
Also orkz have a lot of choices now, the only real constant is to take boyz.
Really depends on what kind of army you want to have.

GUEZ HO JUST GOT BACK TODAY?
DEM WILD-EYED BOYZ DAT HAD BEEN 'WAY
'AVENT CHANGED, 'AVENT MUCH TA SAY
BUT BOY, OI STILL FINK DEM KATZ AR ZOGGIN AUZUM

So close to being awesome
But you reached too far on the last line man

>5" move
>a melee army

I'd like to avoid playing a skew list initially.

I'm excited that boyz before toyz is actually real again, and that moving footslogging hordes will be much faster now that spacing doesn't particularly matter.

>'E don't use a wyrdboy fer tellyportin' or a battlewagon fer krumpin' with a deffrolla

Youz a git.

>what is charging after advancing with a reroll on failed charges
This meme is nowhere near as good as the i2 one, sorry user

The new assault weapon rule makes shootas pretty decent for footslogging.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the Boyz entry, you can give any number of them shootas, instead of all of them.

>relying on random chance
I'm sure it'll stick to some degree.

So get stormboyz.

Why are Kanz so great now? They still look kinda meh to me.

Dems grotz is roight funny when day try an build a tank like a mek, adorable lil fings.
Killa kans iz alright too.

I've posted all the cool ones I have. Here have a dred I made

6/10 needs moar dakka.

and my pirate ship battlewagon

4/10 needs to get the ork face painted, moar orks and maor dakka.

no kidding. I've been out of the 40k scene for years except for an annual Adepticon team tourney trip. I'm excited to 8th so I can dig out the old orks and see how I've improved paint wise

1/10 needs more looted, orkyness, orks, ork accessories and dakka.

8/10 needs moar grot riggers and dakka.

Orks truely are the masters of recycling

Fuck that noise! They are true unbridled artists!

Boyz before toyz might be true. But guys THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TAKE MORE THAN 3 HEAVY SUPPORTS IN A SINGLE DETACHMENT SINCE 6/7TH ED.
WE CAN TAKE ALL THE TOYS.

Lootas
Lootas
Morkanaut
Big guns
Big guns
Battlewagon
Nobz
Tankbustas
Trukk
Big mek
Wierdboy

I WILL BE RUNNING THIS LIST. DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

No, at most they'd be a bit sad later if some morkist faggot points that after the massacre. Then they decide it's unorky to be sad and go find a better fight somewhere else.

>Lootas are annoying because random shots

are you new to orks??

Ahh, the noble "Deff-yla"

Orks are a race of peace... its just an isolated incedent-- a group of morkist fanatics

how should i equip meganobz

Ok, I know this is a dumb question, but how exactly are killa kans amazing?

if you're ok with the price, kombi-skorchas are definitely good, otherwise leave the kustom shoota to keep em a lil cheaper, maybe give one or two guys double kill saws for giggles.

Not that user, but whilst I don't think kans are necessarily amazing, they're definitely very strong, and pound for pound beat out meganobz handily.
Why? because killkanz get stronger guns, better BS, stronger melee, 2 more wounds, a decent walking speed, and if in squads of 3 or more, 1 more attack.

Their biggest problems are melee, which can be offset if they slog with a waagh banner, and their morale, which can be offset by the warboss' breakin 'eadz ability.

So realistically speaking they're more well rounded than meganobz and should be taken in footslogging armies, but meganobz are superior when in a battle wagon, since their mobility then far outstrips the kans.

>No mention of Kommandos
How good are they? Popping out 9 inches from a soft target is pretty good with those rerollable charge right? Should I run a whole 15 kommando squad on the enemy?

Also post your Kommando conversions, I need to get inspiration (copy) some ideas for them.

I've always wanted to convert some kommandos but I have 15 of the old blood ax metal ones that I'd feel bad if I didn't use.