Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1536: WITH NO SURVIVORS Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Y9JzD6BT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh god, two editions! WHICH ONE DO I SHOOT?!

We can't risk it, Crux. SHOOT THEM BOTH!

Both. No survivors.

Perhaps the other thread is wondering why you would shoot a thread before throwing it off a board.

>War Crimes edition
Haaaa

No one cared who I was until I started posting in this thread.

You're pure evil.

Calm down, user. Now is not the time for Baneposting.

That comes later.

WHICH THREAD IS THE REAL THREAD? WHERE DO I GO?

Delete the thread before it's too late and you can't anymore.

Viva La Resistance'

It is too late, Sergei. It was always too late.

The other thread IS older…

TO THE OTHER THREAD! AWAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Great. Now they're both too old to be deleted. I guess we can give up on both threads until the drop off the board, since all we can hope for is continuous shitposting for several hours.

Just post on both threads and continue discussion as normal

Fuck off. The rest of Veeky Forums barely tolerates your existence when you keep your faggotry in only one thread, if you can't even do that much then don't post at all.

How about the mods delete one of the threads so that Veeky Forums's delicate sensibilities aren't hurt anymore?

152 threads on Veeky Forums and he gets anal over two. He's literally just shitposting over nothing. Go roll for a discussion topic for this thread or something.

I'm not going to post in two threads. Everyone should just report the op of this thread so it gets deleted.

You're like an oracle with your shitposting forecasts.
It has already begun.

In case this is the real thread

But seriously though, I'm not going to post in both threads until they both drop off the board, and I assume most people aren't going to post until one of them goes away. All having two threads accomplishes is dividing the discussion, or killing it outright.

I'm the other threads OP, I don't care which thread sticks around, but one of them has to go.

>I don't care which thread sticks around, but one of them has to go.
Go by the post date. This thread was posted a minute and 10 seconds later then the other one. So lets to the the one that was posted first at

Salvaging this one for use when the other thread dies.

Don't do that.

We take Jumpchain from bottom of the thread list! Page eleven! The oppressors of posters, who have kept you down with autosage and image limits, and we give it back to you... the posters. Jumpchain is yours! None shall interfere! Do as you please!

But start by posting builds!

pastebin.com/Y9JzD6BT

RISE

Why did you resurrect this thread. You should have let this one die

Bread is dead, long live the bread.

On the structures, well they are just mental constructs that translate to soulstuff. At some level mind and soul get close enough that the 'passengers' can manifest in the Bleach Inner World. And since it is inside of my mind i can alter it easily with some psichyc perks and meditation.

Even nonsensical forms. For example, the entire Inner world is inside a 40K styled over-armored fortress in the middle of a wasteland. Beach Huts have backdoors to a mountain cabins. TV's play memories, current events, and such both mine and from minions with a link; Radios can play music; Books have technical info; and while unnecesary, cafeterias can just make food appear.

Having people in your head is weird.

A reminder.

This is the real thread. Go here, let this one rot.

and so the thread wars continue.

I beg to disagree.

Also Gil could shoot weapons that werent even his.
And EMIYA used /swords/. His affinity is Swords, his Origin is swords. His Noble Phantasm was a reality marble Unilimited Blade Works that made Unlimited Swords. What's his class? Archer!

Why cant I be the Charles Babbage of heavy ordinance?

Oh not this shit again

This thread was an abortion when the previous thread was made and it's still an abortion now that the old one is dead. The new thread is new, this thread is old and still an abortion. Move to the new thread, leave this one to rot.

Is that your medical opinion?

My second opinion is Severe Autism.

I suppose there's no choice then. It's time for a very late term abortion.

Get my gun, maw.

what are the best perks for knocking alexandria in worm out of the sky

You're Blue Now, from Undertale. It might not mess with any of her other powers, but it will definitely remove her ability to fly.

thank you now we fight on the ground greek myth should be enough right

With Strength of Hercules, almost certainly. Without it? Eh... Don't try to take her head-on.

Alexandria isn't implied to be particularly strong for a Brute, most of her Brute Rating comes from just how god-damn hard she is to hurt.

You mean "immune to basically everything except a handful of top-tier powers but she can somehow be asphyxiated", right?

She holds up a significant portion of a million-ton ceiling and wrestled with Endbringers WWE-style. She's also invulnerable as far as people in Worm can tell, which is some decent firepower and hax. That has to count for something. It's at least stronger than non-SoH things in that jump.

That actually bugs me. If her powers offloaded her brain to her shard, and her body is timelocked to give her effectively infinite strength, how the fuck does she need to breathe? What purpose does it serve? Her brain is timelocked and doesn't need oxygen.

>most of her Brute Rating comes from just how god-damn hard she is to hurt.
Uh, no? Because that's not how threat ratings work. At all. They're not indicative of the quality of a power. If you were invulnerable but barely stronger than a normal human, your rating wouldn't be very high because it wouldn't be that hard to take you out of the fight.

>That actually bugs me.
Stahp.

I don't think you'd be able to think with a timelocked brain.

That's exactly my point, all of her brain functions are offloaded to her shard. It's all her shard running an emulation of her brain.

That sounds like Alexandra is dead, and the Shard is just running an imitation. Which, if it were alive, would make her effectively a living engine of what the Shard "wants"

So what you're saying is that the Alexandria shard available in the Worm jump is a trap option? Good to know.

As I poorly recall, it's only a sizable portion of her brain that's offloaded. Not all of it.

>Get a nice strong adamantium harpoon + chain
>Fish her since she probably can't even imagine that it will actually spear her and hold her
>whip out the fisticuffs and/or adamantium coffin
>???
>Profit!!!

I think it's only some parts of her brain. If it's all offloaded then I'm not sure how Taylor managed to make her brain dead by suffocating her.

No, we are made into an Alexandria Type, not a flat out Alexandria shard clone.

Wildbow, as fun as his works are, didn't think it through for consistency.

Or Alexandria faked it, her corpse was hijacked later and was somehow intact and fully powered, I still don't quite get that.

>Alexandria Type
So we can play pokemon in the Worm jump? Even better.

>That sounds like Alexandra is dead, and the Shard is just running an imitation.
That seems like pretty much the case for any cape with abilities that transform or change their body in a manner that doesn't keep their original brain given how Worm powers work.

>we
No potatoes, bucko.

>we
>potatoes
We, as people who take the jump. As jumpers in general. If you made that connection, you must be seeing things.

On the other hand, I already have gone potatoes once, when someone stole God and waifu'd her. So draw your own conclusions.

Capes with Damage Resistance+Super Strength+Flight are called "Alexandria packages". These vary wildly, and there are two in brockton bay.
One is Glory Girl with a forcefield that can tank anything, but goes down for a second after a hard blow. One is Aegis, who can be just fine with his heart missing because his liver takes over his heart's functions.

Yeah, no. It's clear what your intent was, you're just trying to backpedal out of it because you were called out. Not unexpected from you, really.

I am confused now. Are you implying I'm potatoes with more than one jumper inhabiting a single body?!

AM I MASHED POTATOES?!

To be fair Crux you have a history of potatos.
You let Justice swoop into your chain and waifu God.

Question for the thread: what's your opinion on fate and destiny?.Is it a good thing, a bad thing? Can it be opposed without the use of Anti-Fate perks? What would you value more, the help of destiny and fate against great evils or the ability to make your own decisions, to carve out your own path in life?

I don't like fate because I place a lot of emphasis on the importance of Choice. What we Choose to do is what makes us who we are, and what leads us down our lives. Having Fate exist almost always means that Choice doesn't matter.
An evil man can not Choose to be good, because he was destined to become good. Which makes it less of an accomplishment, because he was always gonna end up that way anyway.

IMO, different universes have different rules about fate. There are universes where everything is on rails, there are others where it just tries to push you to the stations of canon, and there are some where it just gives absolutely no fucks. Especially when you're an outside force, by being there you're fucking with fate.

It's very situational. Sometimes people are fated to fall in love, the villain is fated to lose (and sometimes win), some people are fated to live, some are fated to die.

Most of the time, at least in my thoughts, you can probably fight against fate in general unless it's canon that there's a strong force pushing for things to happen a certain way, for example like it is in Wheel of Time, Battlestar Galactica, or Narnia, where you either have fate itself or major deities with a vested interest in seeing things go a certain way.

But I've made it a point in my build to take all the fate-breaking perks that I can.

A person should be able to be more than the sum of their choices. No one should be trapped on a path without a choice to change where they're going. Whether good or bad. Even if it's an undesirable choice, there is always a choice.

It depends. It depends (on the setting). Probably the help, but I'm really lazy.

Some settings are really, really hardcore about fate dictating all your actions. Others treat it as a general guideline. So it's important to know what kind of setting you're in, y'know?

Destiny can be a good or bad thing, dependent on what it says is destined to happen. Like, if everyone is destined to one day live in harmony and reach a golden age of happiness and longevity, that's pretty great. On the other hand, if Cthulhu is destined to swallow all life, that kindof sucks. And if Cthulhu is destined to usher in a golden age, that's kinda weird?

But basically you gotta pick and choose your battles. Sometimes it's worth fighting fate. But other times, it's maybe better if you leave it alone.
Side effects may include crippling ennui and lack of purpose. Consult your physician and decide whether Fate is right for you.

And if Fate asks you to stay the night, politely decline and cleave that grail in twain?

I can't believe anyone defended that Magicka SBer a few threads back. He's literally trying to replace dirge right now. Literally trying to fill his role.

The part of her brain primarily responsible for conscious thought and action was either left completely un-timelocked or only partially (can't remember which), making her vulnerable to asphyxiation, because that part needed to be capable of changing over time so Alexandria could learn and stuff.
When Taylor 'killed' Alexandria, she just suffocated that part of Alexandria's brain. Like a lobotomy.

So they just called up Pretender and had him handle her body, because her Mover and Brute ratings are still beastly even without someone with a perfect memory and enhanced intelligence operating them, and also to save face. Can't have a member of the Triumvirate falling to a bunch of bugs.

It's my nature and philosophy to be spiteful, especially to fate and destiny and all that nonsense. Have you ever given a side character too much power for their own good, and released them to horribly derail the plot? I have. It's fun.

That's so silly and contrived. Dammit, Wildbow, I can't wait for the rewrite so plot holes are tied up. And random ...'s separating lines for sections that needed to be written that never were.

Most of it's silly and contrived.
Eden's death was contrived.
I find it ludicrous that the Thinker spacewhale (as a counterpoint to the Warrior) could fuck up that monumentally and get themselves slaughtered like a pig. They've done the same thing over and over to countless civilizations, a few of which were likely superior to humanity in every way, and Eden gets wiped out by a teenage girl because she accidentally let go of her 'I Win' shard.

That's like Thanos tripping and dropping a Cosmic Cube.

You'd think that the one responsible for making all the plans would prepare for something like this, but NOPE. NO PLAN. THE ONE WHO MAKES PLANS HAD NO PLAN.

You mean like the time Squirrel Girl defeated Thanos who was definitely not a robot or clone, with both hands tied behind her back?

Yeah.

The basic premise is silly too, in some ways.

To be fair, wasn't PtV given to her by Abbadon? He might have sabatoged it or something along those lines.

If I remember right, PtV is indeed one of Abaddon's shards, so it's possible that he used it against her.

So, is it kosher to trade using something like MtA mastery using Deal with the Devil for someone else's mastery so that I'm technically going outside the rules by having higher Arcana overall?

I'm not exactly familiar with MtA, but wouldn't you have the same amount of Arcana that you did before, having traded away your own mastery?

Yeah, that's the point. Because the jump by fiat disallows having higher Arcana than specified by it's chart, you have to do something like shuffling the Arcana you have around by trading mastery in one for mastery in another, which should in theory work.

Oh, I see. Well then in that case, I'd say probably not? I mean, if it's disallowed by fiat, usually that means even a trick like that, clever as it is, wouldn't work. Or at least, that's how it usually gos, from what I've seen.

Of course it would. You wouldn't need to do that though, since you're allowed to ignore that jump makers rulings since they're bullshit.

Anyone planning on making a jump for Age of Guilliman or is everyone sticking with classic 40k?

Sounds like you just volunteered, boyo!
I look forward to seeing your work.

Oi, don't forget Age of Sigmar while you're at it!

Well...is the sea a good or bad thing?

It's technically where most of the water goes to be reused after it's been drunk. We get seafood from it, lovely sunsets, holidays, hydropower and Shark Week.

On the other hand, it's also where hurricanes, tsunamis, whirlpools, hypothermia and things to horrifying to evolve on land dwell.

Fate and destiny aren't inherently bad. What they SHOULD be, is regulated by an absolute system. Plenty of men have challenged Fate without perks; just look at the Skull Knight, the Thor of Midgard-616, the more powerful Stand users and any competant Observation user. I've actually no preference in where my victories come from, because as I exist beyond causality carving my own path in life is indistinguishable from bending destiny and fate against great evils.

What I CANNOT abide is the various Looms of Fates run by oblivious conservatives that wouldn't lift a finger if it wasn't in their job description-and fangirls to that golden megalomaniac. Or the Wheel of Time, for that matter. If you're going for that model, take a page from Destiny (no pun intended) and at least make it both TRULY all-encompassing so it's not just a damn farce that exists to accrete suffering, AND with some reasonable wiggle room that isn't just "I am awesome therefore your rules are not my rules".

Anyway, ideally the sun-eating wolves and the ironic regicides should be pruned out, while the bountiful harvests and the paradisical kingdoms can be spread out fairly.

What isn't a bullshit ruling to you?

don't bump a superfluous thread my friend

It would also kill her pretty fucking quickly - those non-timelocked parts of her brain would suffer the full effects of high acceleration from all the times she gets smashed up. So it would need a bonus way of surviving that without long term consequences.

At least two extra things need to be true to make her power compatible with "timelocked" and "can suffocate".

Alternately, the shard simply simulates the weakness.

properly numbered thread in that way pls guys don't get us expelled from Veeky Forums again

Could be partially locked - e.g. with respect to "whole body" forces and outside forces, such as impacts. It's not like superpowers aren't bullshit, after all.

True, but that's still "extra true things".

Though the prime example of a completely fucking nonsense power is Vista and her "space warping".

How should a jumper deal with Taylor in worm?

Bullet to the head

Depends on the jumper? You could spend 50cp to retroactively give her, her family and her closest friends a normal life; you arrive the day she triggers with powers so for 0cp and quick action you could butterfly away the locker and the powers she got from it; you could take the drawback that makes you her shard; you could ignore her entirely and derail the story in other ways.

It was one of Abbadon's shards, but it was more Eden being like "hey, look at this neat thing! I'm gonna play with it OH SHIT THAT'S THE GROUND" and promptly crashing.

Should she have crashed when there are shards for multitasking? Probably not, but ah well.

>You arrive the day she triggers with powers
Wait what? I thought it was at thestart of the story?

*goes to check the jump and web timeline*

Huh, it indeed start the day of Taylor's Trigger.