Did you pre-order your Dark Imperium starter set, Veeky Forums?

Did you pre-order your Dark Imperium starter set, Veeky Forums?

going down to the shop to buy paints and preorder mine tomorrow

A week and and a half ago...

Reserved mine at my FLGS a while ago now.

No money down, but he'll be sure to save one for me when I stop by.

No, I fucking hate snapfit models. They never fit perfectly

They're not snapfit.

none of the models really grabbed me, so no

I might get the sword-armed lieutenant online later, but he's not $200 nice.

>TWO armies of guys that look the same
Pass.

They said on facebook the starter set is snapfit.

>Death Guard are a tacky overdesigned mess
>Primaris models and rules are meh
>snapfit

No thank you

They're mono-pose but everyone who has built them so far is saying they're not snap fit.

Where are those tanks even supposed to be rolling to.

Down that crumbled ramp at the end of the road?

This.

Now to people like me, it doesn't matter either. As I told the black shirt at my store, "You know I'm picky." We both chuckled because he also knows I'm going to buy a hover-tank and paint it gold, as well as eventually get some nu-marines and paint them up like the Alpha Legion. So it's not like I'm not going to spend money there eventually.

No. I'll wait until plastic Sisters of Battle come out, and if the models look great and the codex is good, then I'll start. Not before.

No, I'm not a 12 year old (Spess Mehrens) or a tryhard edgelord (Kayhossssss).

Just the Rules and Imperium 2 for me, thank-you-very-much.

No, Im waiting for the hover tank and dreadnought.

Nah, because I have no one to play.

The turnarounds on the new Death Guard models sold me even harder on them, though. So perfectly gross.

Primaris Marines remain boring, but with them hitting actual release soon, I eagerly anticipate them looking completely ridiculously huge next to Orks/Eldar/everybody that isn't a Dark Vengeance monopose model.

Why preorder? The bonus you get for doing so is just so bad... If you got a bonus model for either factions, I would have pre ordered in a heart beat. But as it is now, i'll get it at my lgs at some point.

n-no
yes

Gotta get the rules and Imperium 2 for now. When I inevitably make a Marines Errant detachment for my RT army I'll either get the codex or Imperium 1. But for now I dont need anything but more guardsmen.

My buddy Max and I will probably go pre-order next week at the store, then him and a third friend and I will pick it up when it releases. We're splitting it into thirds.

Going to pre order from the local shop this week. Would do it online, but the local blackshirt is bro tier and he said ordering from the store looks good on his evaluations. Giving a buddy the disgusting heretics, nu-Marines I'm using as poor man's truescale to loom over my Guard infantry.

jelly af
this is doing it right.
Wish I had friends to split it with.

the last few edditions GWs snapffuts have been pretty good as far as fit goes.

You'll be waiting a long time, buddy.

I haven't preordered the starter set but I have preordered the rule book.

Im alittle sad I spent all this time 6 months ago collecting a bunch of DG kits, feeling mildly like I'd have a unique-ish army and now EVERYONE is going to be playing DG :((

They keep showing pictures of DG fighting along side daemons. When the codex comes out it better be a joint Nurgle codex, a la KDK.

preorderededed 10 boxes for me and 1 for mah imaginery friend. He not plays space marines.

same, I like to paint as sub assembled as possible and snapfit fucking sucks for that

I'm sorry user. But it splits pretty well between 3 people--$60 for either army, and $40 for the rulebook.

Never. Ever. Gluing unpainted pauldrons. If possible.

Similar story here, geedubs is the only place willing to pay the rent for a place close to where I live and the black shirt is a bro, so I'm normally shopping there

Those dumb fucks and their terrain products spammed in every picture. Not willing to risk their terrain sales going down a little bit in exchange of presenting the occasional cool self-made terrain.

Going through white dwarf pictures was more exciting when troops were slugging through exotic overgrown swamps, wierd temples, ice deserts with giant skeletons, insane demon worlds, city ruins that did not all look alike. Those battles always looked fresh. Occasionally, the eye would catch on some detail, and it would be some household material creatively used on some structure, and I would get so excited that I would try it myself. Terrain doesn't just look good itself, it also makes the models more interesting when they're put in a new setting.

Now it's just streamlined premade product spam faggottry. Looks good what they've done with the ruins for this pic, mind you. But it can only deviate so far. Looking fucking contained. Young players are missing out on DIY content. Does Shadow War offer any such articles?

oh god, imagine using that castle as a board for a dnd game

I couldn't resist the limited edition rulebook, but dat price...

Liked the look of the Primaris, considered to get back into 40k, remembered what the fuck I'm thinking about and who GW is and decided not to.
I'm probably going to pick up a few sprues of them for a pittance on ebay, though, for other games.

Rulebook comes in the starter set dude!

Local store let us help build the models for them and I got to build the Poxwalkers. They fit together perfectly, but not without glue.

Nah, store manager said he gets 26 copies of the set plus any preorders, so I guess if I get there the minute the store opens there'll be one left for me.

Joint Codices with Traitor Legions plus Daemons of each God would be lit as fuck. There's so much more potential for unique Codices with Chaos Marines than Loyalist Marines, but GW have ignored it for so long.

reminds me of anor londo desu

I will wait to see how it plays first. I am skeptical over whether the game will be legitimately well designed and balanced.

>You'll be waiting a long time, buddy.

I don't really mind. It's not like I need another expensive hobby.

Just ordered the rule book and both xenos indexes. Also had a look at all this today at my local store. Mostly looked at Orks and Dark Eldar.

Ama niggers

BTW a Strompa is 900 points and 40 wounds.

Just finished splitting the cost with a mate. He gets Nurgle, I get slightly larger Marines.

I remember when geedubs used to have heaps of hobby articles on their site and in white dwarf on building sick terrain from random shit.

Now it's just
>Wow check out these cuhrayzee trees!
>Now only 299.99!

You've just made me realize what is missing from white dwarf these days.

Already did, nurgle is my fresh take on 40k.

Imagine actually playing on that board

Why are the Ultramarines at Minas fucking Tirith?

Did GW forget how to make good looking banners?

$220 dollarydoos?
I'd rather pirate an epub of the rulebook and say I bought it than risk trying to sell the models for ~$110 per side.

Yes, been playing since 95' or 96'. First time I have ever pre-ordered. This edition is like 2e but streamlined.

Power points fit my friends, and I's casual play style. I don't even mind I paid retail.

250 kiwibux. They have got to be fucking joking. I'm not paying that, geedubs can get fucked.

Check out these Chad Marines

>>not playing with yourself

free mission cards! I'm framing those babies and putting them on the wall.

this

My local GW dude is awesome, but for stuff like Start Collecting it's fully an extra 1/3rd the price of what I can get on ebay.
I've bought a ton of paint etc from him, but it's hard to justify the extra cost on models.

This. I go to the store and buy small things, but the models I'll get online in a week or two after release.

I just preordered mine earlier today and the shipping time is 3-6 days, should i expect that 3-6 days from now? Or 3-6 days after 8th launches on the 17th

sometime the week after the 17th. It will probably ship on the 16th,

I feel this so hard, I started playing 40k with Nurgle flavored Chaos like 5 months ago.

Preordered 2 sets in my FLGS, they give 20% off.

Rough mate. Good games in brissy is selling for 190 ausbux if you've got someone who can ship to you

I was going to grab a set of Primaris off Ebay to convert for csm, but they're all stuck together.

They've really stamped generic loyalist scum on this launch.