Meanwhile on /dragon

So last thread I began working on a ritual to fix all of the undead ocean life that everyone was bickering about. The ritual is ready, I'm just waiting for that Dracolich to avert all of that ambient necrotic energy somewhere else because I cannot be bothered to include that nonsense.

Today's starting question: Tell us about the last time you encountered an Adventurer.

>Today's starting question: Tell us about the last time you encountered an Adventurer.

Adult Blue here.

True adventurers don't exist any more.
I had to specifically build a huge automated dungeon just to kickstart them again.
Rather i take a page out of the Metalics and how they mingle with the mortals.

Sometimes i like to play with the mortals to raise them into first class subordinates.

I usually use divination to pick up orphans with tragic pasts or children that had to mature faster due to brutal circumstances in their surroundings.

Just presenting them with opportunities and guidance while taking the form of an elder will make them cherish you like you are their father.

The last case was when i picked up a Wood-Elf noble kid who was kicked out of his family due to intrigue that crippled his training.

I approached him when he was destitute and was about to die at the hands of hooligans whom a branch family hired to get rid of him.

Had to spend arround a decade training the kid in martial arts and everything and then set him loose.
Oh the chaos he wreacked by executing his revenge was quite enjoyable.
Especially the moment where he publicly cuckolded several of his enemies he had captured was a piece of art.

Well, I like hanging out in the rafters of the local tavern, so I definitely hear and see quite a few of them - it's one of my favorite ways to get news about goings-on. I've hired myself out to new adventurers a couple times essentially as a Bag of Holding for a bit.
Aside from a couple quarrels and insincere offers to let them retrieve the equipment themselves with some less-than-dragon-friendly group members, though, I've not had any antagonistic encounters with them.

How do you distinguish between "adventurers" and "true adventurers"?
Also, how literal is "branch family"? They are wood elves, after all.

>How do you distinguish between "adventurers" and "true adventurers"?

True adventurers are explorers, hunters and mercenaries.

The ones entering my automated dungeon are just brats with too much time on their hands.

Thankfully only the quickwited survive my traps so the dungeon will bring up the quality of the local population after a few generations pass.

>Also, how literal is "branch family"? They are wood elves, after all.

You may not believe this because of their name but Wood elves predominately live in rural grass lands and mountanous arreas.

They often mingle with human societies taking over sone of their social norms and forms of governance.

Of course they still prefer to genocide the humans every hundred years or so to keep their own territories.

Anyway intrigue is normal among nobility.
Thus the kid was poisoned over a long period of time making him unable to move as he wished and disrupting any form of magical or martial training necessary for a ruler.

As he was an only son this forced his father to hand over the successor position to a branch family member after the whole noble clan made a clamour about an incompetent heir.

Anyways the kid had a strong motivation in revenge as i trained him as a martial artist making him advance quite fast.

I'm now considering setting up an eugenics programm using all the subordinates i raised.

Forming institutions like a monastery or mage school would be fitting.

A few months ago, when my daughter joined her first adventuring party.
You wouldn't believe how embarrassed she was when I introduced myself.

You dumb fuck.
Next time when you fuck a mortal use your humanoid form instead of your original form to do so and the kids won't turn out as half-dragon abominations.

I didn't think brasses bred with mabliki. A pity that you waste it so.

Firstly I don't have a humanoid form, and secondly don't call her an abomination.

Ignore him, I bet he's one of those arrogant Silvers that are always in a human form because they're too ashamed of their real form.

Of course she is not an abomination. She's half dragon. That dragon half may be brass, but it's still half of something greater than her other parent.

Of course you are still wasting her potential. All of the generals of my legions were my own half-spawn. They make excessively loyal minions when you indoctrinate them right. And while they might only be half as perfect as I am, they still gain more than enough of my power to handle any of my enemies for me.

Ironically this answers my own opening question for me. One of my aforementioned offspring killed the last Adventuring party's leader by grabbing him and taking a swan dive into my magma pool. The rest he captured for me. After eating most of them, I gave him the Elven ranger that was among them as a reward.

Black Dragons are a superior breed despite possessing a smaller profile than most metallics.
Acid is exquisite.
And no we don't all smell like swamp rot and fetid meat. I personally have an underwater cavern and have taken up the role of a 'priestess' in a semi-large kingdom, manipulating the nobles through bribes and the populace of the realm through 'miracles' of my magicks which turns into pressure that can be applied into political power.

I'm currently pushing the royals into war with another kingdom which is under the protection of a rival who insulted me.
If the mortals can wound him with their armies' war-machines in the course of trying to claim territory, I can retreive some stolen artifacts and establish dominance over that meddling metallic busybody.

To all fellow wyrms, let us continue our varied discussions.
To any drakes, sit back or ask questions of your elders. To any wyverns, you'll never be a real Dragon so stop pretending to be anything more than a self-deluded mount.
Identify yourselves by breed or color. What do you collect and what are your biggest annoyances in your territory?

Im the dracolich that killed the oceans and the biggest annoyance is eltugard a kingdom of paladins with a second magic holy sun who have stopped arguing which deity was responsible for the second sun and instead have decided to conquer and purify everything "under their suns gaze" I think it is obvious enough why a dracolich would not be found of a nation of imperialist paladins.

I have a paladin that's aspired to gather as many magical artifacts she can and take them to me. She adds value to my horde every so often and some of these artifacts are immensely powerful, but the way she's looking at me is odd.

Lets just say I'm not a Silver, she seems to want to have a relationship with me but I have no such desire, it's annoying sometimes but the magical items are too good to pass up

I moved the energy to those ice fields north of the plain of standing stones shouldn't be anything living there to kill/necrofy

Why do people constantly insist that these guys are nice, when they are proven to be time and again, prone to throwing the largest tantrums possible over the smallest of things?

well since they lived in the ocean they are all vampires and dead now

I think that is actually an image of a Eastern Dragon, not a Sea Serpent.

I am preparing the ritual now.

ah, yeah those guys are pretentious assholes

Wasn't there a saying all life come from the sea. What happen to the land after this? I just came to take some gold to the astral sea and there this mess. Might as well open portal to the plane of positive energy wash these out and the negeative plane to filter them out.

>Black dragons can't handle banter
what else is new

[spoilers] do dragons only breed with dragons of the same color? if two dragons of different types bred, what would decide the color, or would it be a mix?[/spoiler]

Could've been a lot worse...

It's mostly optics.
When you make sure to have the ear of kings and tell them their line is of your royal blood (true or not), they'll structure their societies and priesthoods to be deferentially apologetic and make excuses for you.
They're no better than the average metallic.
Can handle. Don't want to.
Plus he needs to acknowledge me as superior rather than sending adventuring parties to harass me every other year.

Maybe he's flirting

How do dragons blow out candles?

By blowing it out
Prestidigitation is a handy trick

White detected.

I've been having a problem with an incursion of magicians and philosophers. I enjoy the company in limited amounts and so would rather not chase them all away, but how could I best limit the number of wisdom-seekers darkening my doorstep?
Perhaps a trial of some sort to win my audience?

Eat the ones that fail a series of riddles. Once word gets out it thins the herd, and a snack never hurt.

have the riddle make no sense as well

Hammerspace dragon. We vary in color, but my scales are red.
>What do you collect
Precious metals, pretty gemstones, interesting weapons, and weapons looted from respectable foes. Anything dangerous is sheathed or simply not included; I'm not suicidal.
>biggest annoyances
If I'm going with a group of adventurers, there's always at least one person who's distrustful of me. I know why they're like that, but you'd think they'd at least be less than aggressive to the dragon currently holding twice the party's carrying capacity in loot with his cooperation the only thing that'll get it back.

1. Inhale
2. Exhale

You could require an offering of new useful or interesting knowledge. If you already know their offering, that's the end of interaction. Makes sure you're certain to learn something worth your while, and you'll only get those who are advanced enough to break new ground, or well-traveled enough to offer a curiosity.
Though, I'm assuming there's likely lots you don't know which outsiders might.

how many of you guys keep kobolds? I've heard it's a dying tradition, even among our long-lived selves.

that might filter out someone exceptional who'd otherwise be a great conversationalist, wouldn't it?

Turned out to be a misunderstanding, he left peaceably. He thought I kidnapped some princess, it was just a servant girl from the village below, who was there more or less willingly.

>tfw no princess

would it be gay to just capture a prince instead? what if he has a feminine cloaca (or whatever it is humans got down there)?

It would be gay, but who cares, it's not like it's another dragon.

Also please hurry, I can smell that stench wherever I go. It's inescapable unless you hit another plane.

White dragon here, ha ha laugh it up its lonely being one of the only intelligent ones of your species. You try having 50 brothers and sisters who are dumber then you thinking their opinion won't do something irrevocably stupid.
Last time an adventurer came around these parts in the frozen tundra north a pile of my brethren actually figured out the concept of teamwork and beat him down. Considering the guy was riding around on a God damn pit fiend, I feel actually proud of my family for the first time in a very long time.
One of the things you lot need to know is that in the frozen north we surprisingly have ample available metals since nobody wants to try hard to get the massive pile of resources. Thus with us white dragons our way of comparing hoards are by trophies, the more rare and exotic, the better your hoard is overall. Our annoyances primarily come from highly powerful idiot adventurers that want mounts and each other, such as the first adventurer i've ever seen many centuries ago was a guy who left a massive scar on my left wing before the guy lost his footing and fell to his death through the treacherous ice.