Does anyone else just... not play with gods/religion in their fantasy games...

Does anyone else just... not play with gods/religion in their fantasy games? I think most of us know gods are a bit played out by now, people aren't even interested, and if you don't include them you avoid triggering any Christfags offended by fictional religions.

Most tabletop players are probably atheists anyway and I find they appreciate not having to legitimize harmful religious bullshit.

Eat a bag of raw dicks

Practically the whole point of fantasy is to have weird gods and shit.

>religious
>harmful

Depends on the setting.
If you play as a bunch of happy slugs doing slugadventures in a garden setting then you dont need religion because stuff just happens.
If you play in a modern setting in a secular country you dont need to mention religion but on the sideline when you absolutely have to "there is a church/mosque on the lane and several shops.."
In a fantasy setting with humans or creatures in general that can get existential crisises you gonna have god/s and shit.

Thing is.
Does God or deities exist in the setting or does only religion exist with the people believing there are gods which already is enough to change behaviour and create settings whether they are right about it or not?

And if there is religion, even classical polytheist one, how make it less cookiecutter mmo like and actually interesting and engaging? Should the good DM get a bit into ethnology before describing a city were there are many idols?

I actually really like [triggering] Christfags.

Too bad there aren't enough roleplaying Christfags in the West-European country I live in.

I go full meta, make it so that I, the DM, am god of the world

and that everytime the players have a problem with my bullshit their PCs curse my name

>this whole thread

When I include gods in my games I always play them as a bit autistic. They only care about the aspect they are involved with, but they care about it a lot.

deus vult

Just make up something you find fun. Fun gods are fun, user, not everything has to be Islam or atheism.

>not everything has to be Islam or atheism
The way I'd phrase it is "Islam or death".

Get into Dark Sun and feel the hurt

Eh, the sorcerer-kings are basically just substitutes for gods.

DEUS VULT!

Lazy substitute of a living god that walk among their people, only now EEEEVIL
Still, I love that about the setting, and I would ramp up the maddening worship of the masses to the eldritch sorceror-kings since religious fanaticism is great

My group is a pretty mixed bag in terms of religions. That said, who gives a shit, if we have a cleric it's not going to trigger anyone. It's fantasy for fucks sake. Hell, the last time the devout catholic in my group ran a character who worshiped money and at one point got into a fistfight with the equivalent of the pope.

Wanna know how I can tell you're shit at RPGs?

If you're western eruopean there aren't enough christfags period

> and if you don't include them you avoid triggering any Christfags offended by fictional religions.
>things that never happen

When you're being flung off of a building for being a faggot, take solace in the knowledge that, at least you helped destroy your nation and culture.

This is bait but I agree with it. People in D&Dland have this bizarre religion where they believe in all the gods but only worship one, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'm pretty sure he's just assuming things based off of shit that happened three decades ago

Got your (you), you triggered little Christfag baby.

Nah. Depending on where he lives He might be a part of the repurposed space program. It DOES say "From the highest place"

You got a welfare rat arsonist in your post too. Go destroy some more culture while you still can.

If you're afraid of triggering christfags either don't play with them or tell them to keep their religion between them and their god, as it should be.

Fucking assholes who can't stop themselves from preaching at people who don't want to hear it...
If he wants to talk about his religion send him to his local church/temple/whatever.

What's a christfag who's offended by fictional religions even doing at a high-fantasy TTRPG table?

The thing is, this entire thread is based on conjecture and the assumption that we're still in the middle of the 1980's Satanic scare.
Generally most people who can't deal with fictional religions... don't really play TTRPGs

Nah, my players like it.
Every one of them has played at least one divine-powered class, most of them Paladins.

You mean like the ancient Israelites? Monolatry is the word for what you're referring to, and it was a real thing, historically.

Most people who can't accept equal gender stats and races outside of humans don't play RPGs either but look where we are