Thread Question: What's the most broken combo/unit/rule abuse/oversight you've found so far?

Thread Question: What's the most broken combo/unit/rule abuse/oversight you've found so far?

>Previous Thread
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

First for Deathwatch!

I feel you bro im scared that they get squatted

>Thread Question: What's the most broken combo/unit/rule abuse/oversight you've found so far?

Chapter WU TANG CLAN

or, celestine does not have unique, and her +1 shield of faith aura stacks.

so with the warlord traits combined with nurgle special rule as well as the psychic power a Great unclean one looks pretty durable. If i looked at it rights its T7 12W 5++ then 5+ FnP then a 6+ roll from warlord trait to just not lose wounds then psychic power regen d3 per cast.

So, what do people think of an Imperium army, instead of space marines or whatever? Using Inquisitors (and saint celestine probably) as the HQs, and a mix of units and vehicles from all theo ther Imperial armies. A good idea or no?

I personally have an army where I will use Guard, Scions, Celestine, Sisters of Silence and Inquisitors and Acolytes. Maybe some Deathcults too or something.

I like my T3 humans and T5 abhummies.

>Thread Question: What's the most broken combo/unit/rule abuse/oversight you've found so far?

Not sure how broken it is but Conscripts + Commissar + Priest + Officer = unbreakable blob of 50 dudes who can pump out 4 attacks per turn each in combat using the Fix Bayonets order. Just keep all the Conscripts in range and watch the dice pile up. Keep in mind that since they get to fight in melee during the shooting phase they essentially get to fight"first" in every single turn, any enemies killed don't get to hit them back in the forthcoming fight phase.

I was feeling the same thing, I want a pure inquisition force but it seems so lacking in troop choices.

I'm thinking maybe I should throw in tempestus scions to fill?

You can only order a unit once per turn.

I'm digging some of these inquisition changes, acolytes being 3Ws was a pretty big shock to me, the fact that they can all take ranged or melee weapons also was. Daemonhosts seem neat too.

i'm sad that karamazov lost his orbital strike but giggled that he stomps people with his throne now.

Wording is unclear, but so far it seems Necrons can stack Crypteks for RP funsies. Add in a Ghost Ark and you get two tries at things.

Also, since vehicle facing is gone, Monoliths can either go full death blossom or stack all attacks on one unit. I think I'll use monoliths as huge (barely) mobile cover

So?

>Necrons can stack Crypteks for RP funsies.
no they can't

"add 1 to the renimation rolls of models that are within 3" of any cryptek"

The rule is from the point of view of the model, and checks if it is in range of a cryptek. if it is, it gets a buff.

So you can't have both 4 shots a turn and 2 attack phases.

Point still taken. I'm gonna try this out tonight.

ARE DEATHWATCH SHIT SENPAI

Add Straken and call them "Catachan" and you bump that up to 6 attacks a turn. It's not that broken because you can only fight with models that are like 2 inches from the enemy models. You're likely to have only 20ish Conscripts fighting at one time.

It's good though. Right now I have 30 Conscripts, but I'm thinking of using my 3 Infantry squads as another 30 Conscripts and then I have 20 Cultists I'm using as count as hive gangers that could be another 20 Conscripts to sort of guard the back lines to spread out and make it hard to deepstrike nearby.

CAWL IS A FUCKING HERETEK

GUILLIMAN IS A XENOS LOVER

IMPERIUM BTFO

CHAOS RULEZ OK

>game isn't out yet
>how do we break it?

doesn't surprise me

Priest gives +1 attack. Models have 2 attacks. Use Fix Bayonets order during shooting phase = get to attack with no repurcussion. Get to use 2 attacks per model because Priest. Fight in Fight phase. Get 2 more attacks because still have 2 attacks. 4 attacks total. Sorry should have been more clear.

But yeah for a 3 point model it can pump out 4 attacks.

It's adorable that they thought not letting characters join units would stop Death Stars.

If anything, it made them worse! You can have the characters stand in a cluster between several units and deathstarify all of them!

Now certainly there's little to no room for multi-faction deathstars, but you can get brutal buff stacking within a specific faction if you put more effort into it than the designers, aka 5 minutes thought.

You can't break something that's already broken user.

Oh, I misread your post.

Most def trying that tonight.

Why do you assume they were unintended?

They claimed to be trying to cut out deathstars, but then you can just fucking set up Cawl and a Datasmith with some robots and Kataphrons then bubble wrap the whole mess with cheap assault chaff and blast the enemy to smitheroons.

That's not a single death star unit, now, is it?

it's more bland then broken, i think. i did notice that swooping hawks do a lot of damage between their grenades doing mortal wounds and rapid fire 2

Exactly, it's a Death Star -gunline-.

Call your Hive Fleet "Ultramarines". It's that easy.

I play a Dark Angels sucessor chapter called the Ultramarines, so I can take Black Knights.

And you can take Guilliman and benefit from all of his rules.

How long until Primaris get their own multi-pose kits with options? When do you think we'll start getting them?

I know Hellbuggerers fill their heavy support slot like Devastators and are likely to have expanded options soon, but what about Librarians? Assault Primaris? Terminators? Weapon platforms?

That's probably why I need the Vindicare, Ratlings and Command squad snipers in my armies more often.

I need to finish my armies, I have a problem with it.

I dont want to field an unpainted army so I always get them to at least sort of 75% done. This usually means all the big main colours done, just lacking the small details but it's gotten to the point where I've got three armies in this 75% state and they're not small armies either.
The problem, I think, is I paint like shit. As long as I dont finish it 100% I can say it's just a work in progress and I dont have to face my own inadequence.

I'm going to be starting a new army for 8th, anyone in a similar spot?

Try me.

I buy new armies all the time, unable to be content with one. I buy one start collecting box, think the army is cool then I move onto another one because I get bored with the one I got before.

Assembly line whatever you don't have done, pick out one model you like, and do it up as well as you can. That figure is now your go-to model to showcase, occasionally redo some substandard guys 2-5 at a time until you have an army you're happy with.

As the saying goes, they're all works in progress. Besides that, so long as they're not boring grey plastic I'd gladly play you any time.

It's suffering ain't it.

Why the fuck are acolytes 3 wounds each? They're only 8 points each, is that a typo?

What army is it? I'll tell you how to finish it in a day.

How are you loyalists outfitting your sergeants this edition?

They cost the same as two Guardsmen, with 0.5x the firepower and 1.5x the hit points. Their wargear costs more to compensate.

I'm pretty sure the Swarmlord being able to Fastball Special units halfway across the board has to be up there.

Yeah, rerollable 2++ Seraphim is likely the big one.

Not a loyalist, but I'm giving my champions plasma pistols and power swords.

Hey all, quick question. For 8th Matched play, do you just pay for the unit's models? Or do you also have to pay for the war gear they start with on their datasheet?

You pay for all the wargear too.

Do you think theyre gonna balance renegades for the loss of the endless host and the purge or are we just fucked and left with better cultists who cant rake "real" chaos marks?

Thanks.

Can you take an Enginseer in a Guard army still?

If so, can they repair a Stormlord from inside?

Yes, yes.

This is literally the point of AoS. If you think this was unintended by GW, you're pretty dumb

Nice.

I feel really bad for this poor girl :(

>What's the most broken combo/unit/rule abuse/oversight you've found so far?

Cryptek + 3 units of warriors + barge

4+ returns, with a squad getting double returned per turn. And it's cheap af compared to what it would cost to be able to stop it.

Don't you just lascannon the barge?
Sure reanimations are a bitch. But adding a unit of devestators or equivalent, to what ever could deal to a bunch of warriors isn't too difficult...

And would surely be part of a half decent army.

>Don't you just lascannon the barge?
Sure reanimations are a bitch. But adding a unit of devestators or equivalent, to what ever could deal to a bunch of warriors isn't too difficult...

Sure, the point is mostly that it's really cheap for all that. The warriors are going to be putting out a lot of shots too, if you lose the expensive devs before the barge is down you're going to have a hard time.

Also, even with the barge dead they still all stand up with a 4+ and you have to kill every unit to a man. Leave a unit with 1 guy and it'll have 11 with average rolls next turn.

It's mostly really effective at lower point values where an army has a really hard time scrounging up the firepower to down a unit a turn.

I'm considering picking up some AdMech units to support my Chaos army, to fluff out as some Heretech. I've also been tempted to get some Tau, but I'm not sure how I'd fluff a Tau squad supporting Chaos.

In one of the Ultramarines books, a Tau prisoner basically turned feral and straight murders a couple dudes. You could maybe fluff them as exiles? You know, completely ignoring a major tenant of the Greater Good shtick and being dishonoured or something. Exiled, forced to become mercenaries, that whole mess?