Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1540: Back to the Past Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Threads

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4NbeVULJ
youtube.com/watch?v=-yenZUBoCp4
pastebin.com/Qww7uTS6
docs.google.com/document/d/1BQUZ7vezFOjPsupUikzw_1CjYUzkXeDX8Ytk3mFGBJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>try to bench press truck for gains
>body is crushed with the pressure between the truck and the ground

It's just annoying how common it is.

You are getting too autistic here, you can lift X amount by buying strong perks. Your body can handle that amount.

>Thread name
KOTOR! What are you up to?
Is that Samurai Jack Jump Imaged yet?

If not, you might want to look at the Physical Enhancements side of the jump. Some of the perks are overpriced or weak.

Like super speed is both more expensive and slower then Flight. You'd think it would be faster because it is land 2d versus flights 3d movement, and then faster still because it costs twice as much.

Is Jack unaging longevity over 50 years covered by a perk like Regeneration, Indomitable Will, his unbreakable sword, or something unknown not offered by any perk because it is never explained well enough?

Should Enhanced Reflexes be part of Enhanced Speed or Enhanced Agility?

>#1540
Yall niggers need to go outside.

>Not Scottish Beauties Edition
baka

You mean, with the bees?

I thought he was explained to be unaging because of the time portal..or something.

The bees are inside too though.

So what's your animal?

>You mean, with the bees?
It is nice to know I am not alone.

>going outside
>in this weather

No. I'll take this over the constant barrages of lightning bolts and sheets of rain with the occasional break for the day star to send UV lasers down to fry me like an egg.

Wolves.
I also like foxes.
I don't like dogs. They're like crappy counterfeit wolves.

Aside from being a cat thanks to Soul Eater, I also tend to have a lot of cats helping me out in various jumps.

>I don't like dogs

Begone.

Bats and Bees I guess

But then who will make an actual Bayonetta jump?

Lemming.

I'm fond of Owls, Snakes, and Dolphins.

Magpies, snakes, and cats

Cuttlefish.

Not really big on critters.
But I do have dog, big-ass bat, and big-ass snake alt-forms.

GIVE US THE CUTTLEFISH!

Rats. I'm basically vermin myself.

humans

Repost for new thread and you all must have missed it because there wasnt any shitposting.

That requires me to know the setting. And THAT requires me to watch the show.

Hell the fuck no.

...this isn't actually finished right?

Slow Growth seems like something a determined jumper could build up, just spam fireball for years in a pocket dimension and without any boosts it could destroy a planet.

>Bunch of percentage effects that boost all powers
>2000cp drawbgack limit despite there being so little
>There's so little overall
Blade, it couldn't be more transparent that you're making this for certain powers. You've put zero effort into the setting, as usual.

I'm too plasma-y to associate much with animals these days.

Back in the day, I had a certain affinity for moths, spiders and mantis shrimps though.

Some of my least devas are probably based on them. The bit of me that used to be a bit of Chakravartin is a Third Circle Soul, after all.

Here you go. Some shitposting. Second time lucky.

Not to be picky but that describes every xianxia.

Man astral layers must be really strange for you if you have it.

WOLVES ARE STRONK

I get Geralt vibes from him.

>Swinging All Day
Infinite fighting stamina, including no need to eat or sleep during, for 100cp?

>Criticial Hit
Up to TEN times as much? And why si it purchaseable multiple times?

>Bear Asses
Buy from who? You've given fuck all info on the setting, who and how does this work with?

>Prestige
Needs more detail on how it works. Do you erase all your progress at everything or just one thing? How much do these relics upgrade things?

>Slow Growth
Too good if it applies to everything. You should limit this somehow, given it's better then other things at it's current cost.

>Jump Attack
FIFTY TIMES? And it gets stronger? No.

>Critical Up
Basically the same issues as the earlier critical perk.

>Poison Touch
There's far too many massive multipliers and hard numbers in this jump Blade. Given how light it is on everything else, it really makes it hard to not think you made the jump explicitly for these sort of insane multipliers. A guarantee of dealing 15 attacks at x15 power is too much.

>Berserker
FORTY. Your attempt at making it seem less OP is pretty shit too, unless you're saying all the multipliers don't scale with you out of the gauntlet.

>Midas Touch
A perk that seems fitting and also way overpriced compared to all the massive damage multipliers you have.

contd

Why is a tapping game being compared to xianxia?

Most of the free perks shouldn't be free, just Monsters Carry Money? and Swinging All Day. There's no point in starting a gauntlet off with 0 CP if you're just going to give them over 1200CP worth of perks temporarily.

>No Bear Asses
DOES it actually ramp up fast? Or is every purchase still just a little better than the one before?

>Slow Growth
+2% power for everything permanently for every single time you use it is too strong. Needs quickly diminishing returns

Alright…that's just about everything I need. I can finally get out and stretch my muscles a little bit. And not a moment too soon.
>"…you're sure?"
I'm sure.
>"This is the moment you've been building up to, isn't it? The moment I've always worried about. You don't have to."
I said I would, so I'm going to. Besides…this is what we've both wanted for a long time."
>"…alright. I'll put my faith in you, then."

Jump 84: Zendikar
Origin: Drop-In
Faction: Hermit
Race: Human
Perks:
Chill of the Void
There Are Always Customers
Manavore [900]
Direction Without A Name [700]
Devoid [400]

Lands:
Island x10 [0]

Items:
Traveler's Boots
Kor Hooks

Drawbacks:
A Grim Certainty - They're already here. [600]

I've always thought of myself as a human. Not 'wizard-spider-cyborg, etc.'. Just human. After all, I was still motivated by my own emotions more than anything else, chasing after my guiding star even to the detriment to myself. That's not to say I've not accomplished a lot, even without the help of my companions. I've taken the office of Sorcerer Supreme seriously each time I've worn it, defending Earth and other worlds from whatever horrors sought to exploit it, or gods who passed judgement without care for the collateral.

But even if I have to admit, this is toeing the line more than a little bit.

I've devised a ritual that will fuel my ascension and launch my soul into a higher dimension, my body becoming completely vestigial and the soul able to use all forms and functions that my body would. My soul is completely inviolable now, and much stronger after decades of cultivation and training, before getting a large boost from becoming a human SOUL in the last world. So this effectively means that I would only need to interact with the physical world as much as I want to. As if sensing my motivation for wanting to undergo this transformation, a piece of the Eldrazi seems to have crept into my abilities this second time around.

Maybe this is completely unnecessary. After all, as flesh and blood, I've been amazingly accomplished to this point. But after the events in the previous few jumps, I realize being made vulnerable by virtue of flesh was dangerous. I was a living connection to other worlds. Who knew what would happen if someone else found a way to exploit or break that? I'd rather my title not become anymore literal than it has already been.

Just as my least-hated mentor Dr. Stephen Strange made a wager with Death to cheat the curse of aging, I would gamble my soul to take a step forward into a higher plane of existence. If enlightenment exists somewhere in the multiverse, I acknowledge this is effectively cheating and taking a shortcut. But that's what a Sorcerer does. We do what we must, because we can.

The Battle for Zendikar rages behind and around me. I take small steps to ensure that the time loop is closed and that the two who arrive meet their eventual demise, but no further. Once the leylines had finished their mission, I finally primed the ritual and all the mana I could possibly gather, using what materials left from the Hedrons I could locate.

The world shudders as I am enveloped by Heaven's Feel, bolstered by the alien essence now carried in my body. I can feel my physical senses change from nerves to instinct, my flesh becoming little more than an extension of my soul. I can feel it. Finally, I've taken a step beyond what I was before, finding the ideal form for sorcery. I…I…!

…don't feel all that different.

…hm.

That was anti-climactic. I feel like I might have gotten a bigger result if I put more thought into this?

Eh, whatever. It's close enough. I'll take my new soul-body and start seeing how far I can push my magic. At least, in the Mirror Dimension. I need to hide from the locals before they figure out what I've done, Decade, AWAY!

It's probably the beard.

pastebin.com/4NbeVULJ

youtube.com/watch?v=-yenZUBoCp4

>Eevee's pretty lucky he wasn't worth bumping off that day. It's too bad nobody could understand what he was saying, but he could give good enough hints. At least they knew what a question mark was.

>The rippling pool leads him to...

>A suburban house's garage, which smells of alcohol.
>Los Angeles, California. But... when?
>A war room containing three flags. One white with a red sun, one red with yellow tools and a star, and one blue with a white bird.
>A heavenly mountain? A robotic city? A dark castle? A powerful palace? What is this place?
>A tea party between a giant hairy Persian and that warm light he met in the void.
>Standing in front of a human. A girl with pink hair? Or maybe an old man? They look surprised to see him.

contd

So first issue. Most of these are percentage based effects that buff all your powers and they're fucking insane at that. If you were clear that they were only skills from this jump, it'd be fine but the level of boosting and alteration you're doing to other perks makes it obscene.

>Cooldown Amulet
Broken but whatever. These can only be given to one skill each right? You can't stack them?

>Critical Token
Again with the MASSIVE increases in damage multipliers

>Extenders
These are even worse at the bullshit they can do, especially since there's no upper limit, despite you mentioning a maximum. Limit these to skills from this jump or at least bother to put a max on them.

>Book of Prestige
Might be useful if you actually gave us any idea of how this process worked. The relic perk gave no indication you could get more then one relic per prestige as implied here.

>Insert blah blah blah about being the chosen hero
Doing lazy stuff like this only makes it more clear why you make jumps like this and it's not a good look.

>Drawback cap
Why is it so damn high when you have so few drawbacks and so few things to buy in the rest of the jump? The drawbacks themselves seem really weak and made to be cheesed for lots of CP too. Most of them amount to making rooms easier and justifying it by saying you'll need to travel longer, not exactly a harsh downside for the hundreds of CP you're getting back.

You see a jump for a clicker needs perks that give you some serious escalation potential, that is the entire point of clicker/idle games. That said such perks would be too powerful for such settings, making the prospects of a jump for one rather dubious.

Perhaps one might see the basic solution of making perks that are good escalation for clicker games and not for EVERYTHING EVER INCLUDING ALL POWERS AND ABILITIES.

This seems like a fairly basic thing to do.

>A heavenly mountain? A robotic city? A dark castle? A powerful palace? What is this place?

Why do you keep turning phone games into things that give you massive power ups? I just don't get it.

>Standing in front of a human. A girl with pink hair? Or maybe an old man? They look surprised to see him.

I tend to hover around boars, insects in general, especially butterflies and grasshoppers/locusts. Oh, and dragons, of course.

>Cookie Clicker
>Perks centered around running a cookie factory and advertising your cookies
>Drawbacks include unleashing cookie-based apocalypses on the world, and even future worlds if you can't stop it there

>Oh why do those dang SBers keep making jumps?

Snakes. I like snakes.

Apparently Blade did that tapping gauntlet in 3 hours and boasts about it.

No wonder it's so empty of content and quality.

Could he try actually making something good and bragging about that? No one brags about being a quick shot, speed is only impressive if you're doing something with that time.

As far as i'm concerned, this stuff is all self contained, which should actually solve a lot of the problems. Slow growth only effects the stuff in jumps.

I have zero problem making this self contained.

Not going to respond individually, but all of this is noted.

As compared to my usual months?

All the records have already been set. So it isn't going to be easy for poor Blade.

>the stuff in jumps
...please tell me you meant 'in jump' and not 'in all jumps'

You're right. This is as shit as your normal work. That's more depressing because it means that spending months on something barely improves it from you spending hours on it.

>All of this is noted
So a few changes and most of it's ignored? Give him actual answers Blade, for once in your time here actually take action to make yourself look better instead of look worse.

For all you talk about skills in the jump and out of it, you seem to have forgotten to, you know, actually fucking explain what they are and what you get in jump.

I think you should learn to stop boasting when your speed has apparently made you just cut seemingly important parts from the jump in order to get it 'done' faster.

He's the kind of jumpmaker who thinks that massively upgrading everything you ever receive by several orders of magnitude is a good idea because, once upon a time, your great great great great great grandaddy was amazing.

That first one is Rick and Morty, isn't it.

Jump # 135 Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Free choice)
Origin: Wanderer (0)
Perks:
*Age is no Barrier (0)
*Well Adjusted (0)
*Zenryoku Zenkai! (100, Discount)
*Power of friendship (300, Discount)
*Ace of Aces (600)
Magic:
*Potential: S (400)
*System – Mid-Childan (0)
*Spells – Shooting type, Bombardment type, Magic Enhanced Attack , Barrier and Shields, Capture type spells (0)
Equipment
*Stack of Cash (0)
*Sponsored by Pizza Hut (0)
Companions
*My Friends and Me (200)
*Jumpers Squad 7 (400)
Devices (+1000 DP)
*More Device points (200 CP)
*Handling - Weapon Type
*Form - Standard form(Import -Caliburn), Device form, Shooting form (200 DP)
*Intelligence - Intelligent (100 DP)
*Add Systems -Auto Repair, Accelerated Charge System Cartridge system, Bit System (550 DP)
Barrier Jacket
*Form - Sonic form, (100)
*Enhancements: Sonic Boost (50)
Drawbacks
*Lost Lugia Magnet (+100)
*Befriending (+100)
*Hooked (+100)
*Clothing Damage (+100)
*What Evacuation sirens (+200)
Scenarios
* A mother’s Love (+ 300)
*Material L-S-D (+300)

Companions
*Arcueid, YuBel, Doom-chan, Adam Jensen, Snowflame; Background: Backwater, Ace of Aces, Potential: AA
*Rick, Sans, Eyes, Van Hellsing: Background: Civilian; Device Meister, Potential: AA
*Gemini Elves Background: Wanderer: Potential: AAA,
* Tamamo, Dark Magician Girl, Magician’s Valkeria, Akitsu, Makoto, Death; Background: Wanderer: Potential: S

Devices (All)
*Handling - Weapon Type
*Form - Standard form, Device form, Shooting form, Sealing form
*Intelligence - Intelligent
*Add Systems -Auto Repair, Accelerated Charge System
Barrier Jacket
*Form - Sonic form
*Enhancements: Sonic Boost

So the story for this went a little long so I pastebined it. pastebin.com/Qww7uTS6

Does anyone have an idea of how I could turn the Treant Parasite from Skullgirls into Sapient Pearwood from Discworld?

Tobirama pls go

well, in gauntlet if you want to get technical, but yes.

swinging all day is conditional on actually fighting, so yes 100 cp. critical hit has ten as it's base ingame, and multiple times is more a better chance, and is removed. Bear asses i dont understand the question, you just throw money at them and they upgrade. Prestige resets everything in the gauntlet to generate relics, and upgrades are generaly in the pattern of +2%, then it goes to +4, +6, and two more for every upgrade, or whatever the base amount was. Slow growth is now limited to the gauntlet. Jump attack being fifty is it's base number, i can nerf it if you want. Critical up I can lower the range on i guess? Poision touch, the whole game is hard numbers, what do you suggest? berserker is, again, the base number, I can nerf it if you want. Midas touch, I can price drop to 400 or 300 i guess?

Most of those not being free is noted, and most are no longer free. Bear asses is something like adding 40 damage with one purchase, then 45, then 50, so it is relatively slow once you get up there because the enemies scale faster. Slow growth is now limited to ingauntlet stuff, or do you think it need more nerfing?

I have no problem making this self contained. Each purchase is one skill, i don't care if you use the same object for multiple skills as long as you buy it multiple times. Critical Token, will lower the range. Extenders the 'maximum' is how long till theres no point to upgrading it, aka the skill is always on, but technically you an keep going. Prestige will clarify. Blah Blah Blah will remove. Drawback cap, the drawbacks are mostly multi purchase so i didnt think i'd need a whole bunch, cap was just whatever.

Done.

>sapient pearwood
Do not waifu the Luggage.

I just want magic wood legs.

Lower all the damage and strength multipliers, from criticals to berserker. If you're limiting all your percentage and power growers, those multipliers become a lot more appealing for working on out of jump things.

>Drawbacks
Then at least make the drawbacks worse, especially since the multi buy ones, where most of the CP comes from, are barely drawbacks.

>Whole game is hard numbers
Pick a game that isn't? The problem i see is that you don't seem to give a shit about the game itself. You've certainly given almost nothing to showing what it's about or why it's cool or what's good about the setting. You complain about your hands being tied because of hard numbers yet it seems like hard numbers are why you chose to make this.

>Slow growth is now limited to ingauntlet stuff, or do you think it need more nerfing?
Assuming from the example that Jump Attack gets another +1 multiplier every time it's used, and you used it once a day for an entire jump, it would be doing 3610x damage. And Jump Attack is the weakest skill.

So yeah, implement some kind of diminishing returns.

Lions.

The Unseen University somehow made a winged bean thing by accident, while trying to crossbreed fruit flies and green beans for sceince. Or magic, as they call it.

So-it's probable you could manage it just by having a sapient pearwood sample, and throwing enough magic at it and the parasite. For a surer bet, take both Witch and Wizard to be one of those magical wunderkinds obligatory reeeing about crossing the streams and maybe also a Geneforge and appropriate strange notes from the same jump to get an idea on how to mix the life essence with the thaums.

To be fair, the Luggage is a pretty cool husbando.

He fights off other mean boy Luggages and doesn't afraid of anything. It's just that he's gotta take care of his wizzzard first.

Look, just go back to SB or QQ or some other place that's more appreciative of your special touch. It's clearly too hard for you to make jumps that will pass our (very low) quality control standards. And frankly, someone who thinks a lewd jump needs capstone boosters should be encouraged to rethink their entire jumpmking philosophy.

Do not NTR the Luggage

>capstone boosters
>in a lewd jump
Lolwut?

>another tie
>Captain N vs. Familiar of Zero

Here we go again!

Am I wrong?

Foxes

Familiar of Zero

Lolyep.

docs.google.com/document/d/1BQUZ7vezFOjPsupUikzw_1CjYUzkXeDX8Ytk3mFGBJI

What jumps give me good music ability?

Darkstalkers has a perk for that.

Why is the whole 'hurr it's a phone game' shit even rank as a criticism? Who cares what device it's for? A Suggsverse phone game would still be Suggsverse.

Snakes, foxes, wolves on occasion.
If I need representation in the form of a small flying animal or a swarm, then I use Umineko-like golden butterflies.
Underwater, I go full whale. With extra fins. And a landmass on my back. And horns. Okay, maybe not full whale, but kinda-like whale.

Musician Jump

>Shitposter actively browses the lewd thread.
You being MGE shitposter becomes more likely every day.

Macross is top-tier for singers, which is the instrument you'll always have on you. Fallen London has the Artist tree if you want to focus on instruments. There are quite a few, but could you get more specific in what you need?

If a jumpmaker is an SBer, we can block their jumps if we dislike their choice of font.

How would a jumper start to engineer magic shortstack waifus?

>We
You mean you'll shitpost about it because you know people from there are easier to rile up or make leave, which benefits your goal of killing content production.

*yawn* you can't do shit, look at the SB jumps still on the drive that you still can't remove.

>pic related

Whatever the fuck happened to the guy working on Granblue.

College, like many with claims.

Is having daughters the ultimate cuckoldry?

I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are feeding, clothing, raising and rearing a girl for at least 18 years solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful little girl - reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple result: her body is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole.

Raised the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she grew up, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you raised her.

As a man who has a daughter, you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically

Start in Geneforge, then maybe go to some other places, but theoretically you wouldn't need to. Though I do suggest getting Safety First from Cardcaptor Sakura before you start your work.

You've posted this already. Move on.

Butterflies and various kinda of snake, mostly. Shapeshifting into huge clouds of thousands of butterflies or a giant mass of snakes is really fun.

Occasionally cats too, but that's mostly when I'm going catgirl/boy.

Are you fucking retarded.

Are you just legitimately unstable in the brain.

It's a meme or something, I've seen it crop up on other sites too.

Misquote?