Who would win in a fight? A group of 10 wizards who are part of Voldemort's deatheaters

Who would win in a fight? A group of 10 wizards who are part of Voldemort's deatheaters
Or one Slav with an AK-47 he found in Pripyat?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLQsUGefdo
youtube.com/watch?v=G4-1ZRwYqik
youtube.com/watch?v=SH6Ag3EhMuw
youtube.com/watch?v=p7ZcWmPM6OE&index=4&list=RDSH6Ag3EhMuw
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ova1E9NmfI
youtube.com/watch?v=K9k05CbXmqE
youtube.com/watch?v=DAo7go-4l0g
youtube.com/watch?v=x2c2OD5PC-U
youtube.com/watch?v=3Pf3HjUwtWU
youtube.com/watch?v=NyCD3LqfbJ8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crimes_of_the_Wehrmacht#Rapes_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault_in_the_United_States_military
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shaky breaky

Magic is useless. It takes a day to bring the mail to a wizard trough owl, but it takes a couple of seconds through e-mail.

The slave, they're already dead when he found the weapon.

No magic is too powerful for good ol' comrade Mikhail's slavic techno-sorcery.

the Slav kills at least half of the Deatheaters with a single sustained burst, but his lack of training at actually aiming the rifle, maintenance and ammunition conservation means that he's amazing inefficient at it. He manages to take down another wizard with an expertly thrown beer bottle.
But then some asshole gets him with a Cruciatus and he goes down.

The Slav.

He either kills the wizards and sells all their magic rocks to that fat pig Sidorovich or the wizards kill him and save him from the living hell that is life as a slav.

It's literally win-win.

Probably the Slav.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLQsUGefdo

[Cheeki Breeki Intensifies]

The 10 wizards can't change the current reality and the ZONE kick them out!

The Slav. Magic sucks in Harry Potter.

Are the Deatheaters all bunched together?

Harry Potter magic is enough to knock a gun out of your hands. Probably wouldn't take more than pointing their finger to jam the gun, which they could do faster than the slav raising the gun. Especially with 10 of them.

>Probably wouldn't take more than pointing their finger to jam the gun
Maybe for a competent duelist wizard, but we're talking about generic death eaters here, who are basically stormtroopers.

Harry Potter wizards are also clueless enough not to know what a firearm even is, let alone which part they need to target to jam one.

Yeah, I guess generic deatheaters don't really bring much tot he table. Any named wizard could manage to knock the gun away from you, though. Plus even kids can cast barrier spells without needing incantations to slow them down so they can survive the initial salvo of bullets and emptying of a magazine.

Wizards are clueless to electronic devices but they know about cars and guns. Guns have been around for hundreds of years.

Depends how drunk the slav is

The Slav

Rowling has said multiple times that a wizard would lose in a straight fight against a guy with a gun. There's a reason why they take secrecy from the Muggle world so seriously.

>Harry Potter magic is enough to knock a gun out of your hands
If you don't miss with the expelthemarmite spell that is. It's not like wizards got sights on those guns, they miss quite a lot in battle.

The disarming version seems to have a 100% accuracy rate. Though I guess it was mostly done at short range, like 10 meters. Maybe it's a short range spell, that would make for a decent limitation and give a reason why they don't do it at range.

>But then some asshole gets him with a Cruciatus and he goes down.
>implying that Slavs feel pain

and then they're faced with some great evil and didn't go get some guns?

You decide.

youtube.com/watch?v=G4-1ZRwYqik
youtube.com/watch?v=SH6Ag3EhMuw
youtube.com/watch?v=p7ZcWmPM6OE&index=4&list=RDSH6Ag3EhMuw
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ova1E9NmfI
youtube.com/watch?v=K9k05CbXmqE
youtube.com/watch?v=DAo7go-4l0g
youtube.com/watch?v=x2c2OD5PC-U
youtube.com/watch?v=3Pf3HjUwtWU
youtube.com/watch?v=NyCD3LqfbJ8

They live in Britain, user.

Don't go spreading lies user.

American Wizard school probably gets Final Fantasy Tactics-style magic guns instead of wands.

"Accio AR-15!" Boom, a gun all the way from America starts flying over to Britain.

That's stealing!

The last time Brits tried to take 'Murrican's guns it didn't exactly went well for them.

Is this a testament to slavic durability or poor slavic quality control?

It is a known fact that any human with a gun can easily kill a normally trained wizard. But because there are 10 of them I'm thinking 8 out of them would have to die to win.

But picture a fight between some spec op team and a Elite team of wizards who are trained in fighting against gun users

>not making the trek all the way to Zaton to sell it to based Beard.
Tens of thousands I tell you, tens of thousands!
FOR TWO MAGIC ROCKS.

Do you know how much vodka and AK food that will buy the Slav?

>magical british cops get involved
>shoot an American professor in the fucking head on accident

Death to all traitors!

The death eaters can teleport and instantly kill people at whisper volume. Unless they were just stupid and tried to cowboy standoff him of course they would win. They'd probably win if the odds were reversed because of mind control and partial invisibility.

Yes

100 slavs vs 1 death eater would lose.

One notice-me-not charm + imperius spam and the slavs will slaughter each other.

>Unless they were just stupid
Yes

These are generic death eaters, of course they're stupid.

Playing STALKER earlier today. I only wish XS Project was played in the Skadovsk.

You only need to Imperius one of them and watch as they Balkanize one another

both

>AVADAKA
>[BANG]
>[SWEARING IN SLAV]

JK seems to think her wizarding world would get fucking raped by a normie with a shotgun.

Slavs are drunk murderfucks we mistake for human. The AK is the Platonic ideal of "Gun".

Wizards be fucked yo.

it's more like:
dueling wizard > dude with gun > average wizard

Didn't Rowling admit that a regular guy with a gun could easily kill Voldemort?

Yes. In the Potter universe, the supernatural and magic users stay hidden for very god reasons. And the more self aware ones know that they damned well earned the general distrust and often hatred of the rest of the world.

And the asshats like Voldie and his followers are only making it worse for when the masquerade finally falls.

>jam the gun

Can Harry Potter wizards just think something and it happens? What's all that bullshit with specific spells then, unless you can point out the Firarmus Jammus spell then stop this.

And if it isn't something specific they need to aim a spell accurately and specifically to fuck up the feed or firing mechanism.

>Can Harry Potter wizards just think something and it happens?
No. But there is a general disarming spell that will, well, disarm you and it's taught to 12 year olds so it must be pretty easy to perform. Easy to block, too, but our slav won't have any magical protection so it doesn't matter.
Do note that Death Eaters will most likely go for the kill and not the disarm.

He's a Slav not a nigger. They actually train their armies in aiming and maintenance of their rifle, if they just added "don't rape and loot" to the training, they'd have comparable training to any military.

>whitey an angel
>we dindu nuffin
>we good bois

But in reality:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crimes_of_the_Wehrmacht#Rapes_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault_in_the_United_States_military

>very good reasons
>they can make shield that stop everything, and could stop bullets without a problem, but JKR is a hack

What's the range of those spells?

Undefined, but I'm pretty sure almost all combat happens at practically point-blank range in the books.

IIRC they fire them sort of longbow range at the battle of hogwarts
I don't think range has ever come into HP, I'm pretty sure it's just line of sight

I thought wizards in HP stopped technology from working or something

Nope. They just don't use modern technology themselves (with a few exceptions like cars) because of their superiority complex(with a few exceptions like Weasley).

Slavs are white dumbass.

no, just a well spread lie. all search results for a source are just people saying there's no source.

They don't need to stop technology. Their places are protected by a field that just removes muggles that get into where they shouldn't be and put them outside.

Well, the quiditch stadium does anyway.

[citation needed]

Can't be more than a couple dozen meters. I think you can fire them at longer ranges but accuracy suffers terribly if you do this and the spells have a somewhat considerable travel time too.

one cannot exist without the other.

such is evolution

>knock a gun out of your hands
They learn a spell to knock WANDS out of peoples hands, not a rifle that is gripped with two hands, and rested on a shoulder, and supported by some body weight, if the slav is lying down. Not to mention they have to be able to SEE the slav and the gun, and if he is in the 4th floor of a ruined building, aiming out of a hole in the brick wall, they aint gonna see shit.

Expelliarmus was shown to send things that weren't just wands flying out of people's hands at the very least.

The other things you mentioned are situational.

>They learn a spell to knock WANDS out of peoples hands
That spell isn't so specific. I recall it being used to disarm a target that wasn't using a wand.

>they have to be able to SEE the slav
There's a spell, 'hominum revelio', that detects people. You do need to be fairly close to the building in question to use it, and I don't know how much ground can it cover.

>save him from the living hell that is life as a slav.
user, slav life is fun life

Slav vodka can cure you from radiation poison, im shure it has some anty-magic properties also

Now we're flaming anyway, let's take this one.
Who would win in a fight to the death - a seventh-year female student at Hogwarts with good grades and thorough comprehension of both theoretic and practical magic, dressed in civilian clothing and armed with a wand that fits her well, or an average Navy SEAL in flak armor and wielding only a wand (no more than a conveniently dagger-shaped stick in his hands)?

For the sake of theorycrafting, the two meet each other in an abandoned urban area unfamiliar to both of them, knowing absolutely nothing about the other besides what they can see or glean from a ten-second conversation. The Navy SEAL has no idea of magic existing, and the Hogwarts student's knowledge of the US military stops at the fact that there is one. The Hogwarts student knows how to use the Unforgivable Curses in theory, but doesn't want to use them and hasn't ever used them in practice.
And to get the biggest obstacle over with first, the Cruciatus Curse is assumed to work on the Navy SEAL - pain threshold and pain tolerance are two different things.

putin please

Average Sussian conscript going through mandatory service is expected to learn shooting with just 100 rounds, 50 of which his NCO would sell on the black market. SUre, their spec ops get badass training, but the average guy would have shit-tier skills.

To use Unforgivables, you need to WANT the effect.
Imperius is an exception, but you still need stronger willpower than your target. The Hogwarts student loses here, as the SEAL is mentally hardened.
Cruciatus will only drop the SEAL, but not torture him. The flak armor should further reduce the effects of the spell.
Avada Kedavra will result in the SEAL getting immediately incapacitated, but not dead.

As for the regular spells, the student will know where the SEAL is long before the SEAL knows where the student is. His only advantage, the element of surprise, is thus lost. Maybe the SEAL can set up traps using whatever he finds to get some sort of advantage back. A tripwire will do. If he can make her drop her wand, he wins.
All other scenarios will end up with him getting incapacitated or otherwise immobilized after an unsucessful bullrush.

>navy SEAL knows nothing about magic
>hogwarts girl probably thinks he is magic
Assuming the SEAL goes for the kill with his dagger-stick, couldn't she just knock him out with a spell? I imagine the latin and bright light will confuse him, allowing it to hit him.

Spec ops get training with light flashes and weird noises so they would not be confused or startled on the battlefield. Hell nowadays even army regular goes through it. So no.

>the SEAL is mentally hardened.
You sure about that? Seems to me like even your desk jockeys end up totally broken PTSD-ridden shells nowadays.

Meanwhile, Hogwarts is full so much lethal shit it's a wonder the students don't spend every day crying under their beds.

Why didn't harry just shoot voldemort?

>the "my favorite side is competent and the other side is oblivious" argument

'cuse he have no gun training (and so terrible accuracy even at close range), cannot legaly get a gun due to being underage and Brithish (their government seem to hate the idea of civilians owning any weapons, even knives) and have no underworld connections to get it illegally

I need proofs before I give proofs.

Why didn't the british army just shoot him then? The muggle prime minister knew what was going on, didn't he?

Aha, a trick question!
While a slav with any gun and a reasonable amounts of ammo, even with shaky aim, would most likely defeat a bunch of people shooting stuff with speed comparable to a cheap firework and with dubious accuracy, we must remember that the gun was found in Pripyat and thus, most likely contains less than 10 bullets.

And now you know how stupid the Harry potter setting is.

Because all the places important to wizards are warded so no muggles are going to go near them.

I'm pretty sure he was told that shit be on fire yo and not much else.

I would also play It safe If as far as I would know the wizard world was populated by a bunch of Dr. Stranges

>JK seems to think her wizarding world would get fucking raped by a normie with a shotgun.
People SAY she thinks that, but no one is able to show which interview she supposedly said it in. Frankly, at this point it just seems like something some butthurt gun-nut made up.

Imagine you're a British citizen. You haven't seen the Sun in months and the Queen just screamed 'OI, IT BE THREE BONG', which makes you late for tea. Then you see on the telly that the armies are mobilizing their rooty tooty point and shooties because the PM says there's wizard ruffians running around.
"Not voting for that m8", you think.

cyka blyat

>In the Harry Potter universe, magic-users understand guns to be "wands that muggles use to kill each other with"
>Death Eaters have to say "Avarda Kedavra!" to shoot one spell that kills instantly, but can miss
>If they all miss, they have to say the spell again to cast it
>Slav doesn't have to say "aбpa кeдaбpa!" to fire every bullet in his magazine into these robed weirdos, but probably does anyway
>A single bullet travels faster than a syllable
I think the Slav has the clear advantage here He could probably take them out in one go if they are bunched up.

>not thinking the Slav wouldn't be able to kill 10 people with 8 bullets
>not clubbing the last wizard like what a Canadian does to a baby seal
Bы дaжe пытaeтecь?

If the conflict is joined at short range, some of the wizards die, but the slav catches death.
Mid to long range with good Line of Sight, the Slav wins due to the long cast time of spells and their less than stellar accuracy.
In a condition where the combatants start knowing they have an enemy in the area but not where said enemy is, the Death Eaters take it trivially, suffering casualties only to completely random blind fire since they can easily get the drop on the slav.

They know about guns but they vastly underestimate them.

You clearly have no idea how an automatic gun works - or more importantly how it fails to work.

Comrade, they will not be findings the slav even if they are the looking for him. Slavs are what we call, sneaky breeki

You clearly have no idea how a Harry Potter wand works - or more importantly how it fails to work.

How will they be winning when their wand is bomb?

I can't remember literally any reason given in the harry potter series for why wizards don't use guns other than "Muggle tech, hah, who do you think we are, plebeians?"
The reason wizards have to live as a secret society is because if the greater world found out about them a single disgruntled cheeki breeki could wipe their entire civilisation.
I mean, this fucker was supposed to be the lord of evil, a threat to the world entire, and he had an army of what, fifty? Who couldn't even take over a school? And could only fire an avadakebabna as quickly as it takes to say it, a spell that can be completely countered by a wizard who knows any spell that shoots a beam (because wizard duels).
Magic is nearly useless in Harry Potter, anything it can do technology can do better, with very limited exceptions (flying mostly).

There are SOME guns in Britain, man. There's a shooting range about ten minutes from my house, and although security is pretty damn tight there he can go invisible, teleport, wipe memories and undo any mundane lock. That's a ten minute job tops, and I suppose he can practice there legally too if he has time, with polyjuice if he needs it. I know target shooting isn't anywhere near the same as actual combat, but he'll at least learn the basics with the reasonably low-caliber guns they have there.

A quick poke on their website says they offer shooting sessions with a .50 cal and some AR-15s, so not just pissy .22s either.

What I want to know is why nobody ever notices the "Unblockable" AK spell bounces off fairly mundane cover. Grave headstones and walls have both stopped it in the past, why not levitate shields or just dive behind walls and stuff? Fuck, that's basic human instinct and five seconds thought even, not just not knowing how to fight properly.

My impression is that wizards used to be more powerful but started decaying (probably due to all that cousin loving the pure-bloods did) some time in the past and the current guys are just shit-tier compared to the guys of old.