So the "Emperor's Hands" chapter has no known founding chapter or primarch or anything aside from a color scheme...

So the "Emperor's Hands" chapter has no known founding chapter or primarch or anything aside from a color scheme, symbol, and planet.

I want to paint my dudes like them, but I'm wondering about what chapter tactics I should use. I'm thinking Imperial fists, because that bolter re-roll is great, and their hands motif goes well with fists, but I'm still unsure.

What's likely to be their founding chapter?

They have hands in their name so probably fists

Iron hands, It seems every other chapter without a founding is from the Iron Hands...

there's no such thing as chapter tactics anymore

50/50 it's Ultramarines.

The big white hand emblem on the pauldron makes me think Iron Hands successor.

i figure that people aren't going to swap to 8th edition immediately.

They are

Warhammer40kwiki is shit as they put in fan made shit as canon

Do the Dark Hunters instead, they are White Scars successors

SONIC'S ARMS AREN'T BLUE

Don't worry about it since chapter tactics are replaced with keywords in 8th, which as of yet don't come with any rules.

Let me post their novel. Fantastic read, that you can't even get on BL because of legal shenanigans.

very much appreciated

Neat, they have a guy who's first name is Kharne...

Yeah, like Iron Hands

And their Master of the Forge was put in a Dread when he was still healthy, which i turn helped him stay active for close to 10k years.
And they have full fledged marines going bzck into scout squads judt for lulz.
And they use cameleoline paint on their armout to blend in their environment.
And they have their own culture without being special snowflakes like the Iron Snakes.
And it shows the bonds and oaths between minor Chapters.
And it shows how hard it is to rebuild for a non-1st Founding chapter that doesn't have everyone tushing at their doors whenever something happens to them.

I'm telling you, Kearney did a very solid job. His book is what every book about an unknown chapter should be. Brothehood of the Snake is wayyyy too snowflakey for my taste (Abnett has that tendency) and considering ADB is an Abnett's fanboy, I fear his upcoming novel on the Emperor's Spears will be the same.

I always share the pdf because the book wasn't even sold because of copyrights problem and I think Kearney deserves the exposure.

I remember these guys from How to Paint Space Marines

>they have full fledged marines going bzck into scout squads judt for lulz.
This is how scout squads work, user.

No it doesn't. Apart from special chapters like the SW where it's veterans, and the veteran scout sergeants that willingly stay with the scouts, in a normal chapter, once you get your Black Carapace, ewceptions nonwithstanding, you're out for good.
Dark Hunters go in and out of the scout company at leisure, which gives them scouts squads that are not made of initiates but sometimes 1st company veterans and whatnots.

...and they have a guy who's first name is fucking Kharne

Have you gotten to the part where they explain the master of the faith/reclusiarch?
I thought that it's the kind of nice little background story that makes the character much more relatable, much more alive than just a name, an adjective and battleshout somewhere in the book.

no, I haven't even read it, I am just pointing out the fact that they have a guy who's first name is FUCKING KHARNE!

Then go ahead and read it you silly goose. We got it the first time.