/pgg/ - Paizo Games General

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Tell us about those times when your party finally killed that one asshole that had been dicking them over, and then felt satisfied and justified doing so.

Unified /pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE/edit?usp=sharing
archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Barbarian chew
warosu.org/tg/thread/S53538474#p53539101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Posting update of Chloromancer. Tweaks and guidance courtesy of Wist

docs.google.com/document/d/1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE/edit?usp=sharing

Also, if available, anyone got the caps of that new Fey Book? Specifically, I recall it may have had a Cha-based Witch archetype.

Considering the Plant motif, why include Summon Nature's Ally as an option? Kinda seems a bit pointless to me.

Since when can archetypes change the class spellcasting stat?

Gnollposters assemble

Because that's copy-pasted Hunter spells

nah

Since always? Go look at Sorcerer, Empyreal and Sage both change the casting stat from Charisma to Wisdom or Intelligence. They're both Wildblooded archetypes of normal bloodlines.

fuck off Rory

Since the Sage and Empyreal Wildblood Sorcerer Bloodlines. There have been other ones since then as well, including archetypes for Magus, Bloodrager, and I think a few others too

Party failed to kill Hommelstaub, the enemy oracle from book 1 of Reign of Winter. He proceeded to show up in *every* boss fight, finally dying in the final battle against Elvanna

>Since when can archetypes change the class spellcasting stat?

Since the Reliquarian, Fractured Mind, Sage Bloodline, Empyreal Bloodline, Feyspeaker Druid, that one Old One-worshipping Cleric archtype, that one Rivethune-based Medium achetype, Tortured Crusader, and I'm certain there are others I missed

Uh.

I think Broodie changed Flower court characters.

So I'm rebuilding an old character, and I've got 110 gp left over at level 4 to buy stuff.

Any cool items I can get at that price?

Broodie's put a new character up!

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

>Any cool items I can get at that price?

50 units of Night Tea.

If you want something magical, scrolls of cantrips are 12.5 gold and 1st-level spells are 25 gold. Potions are twice the price of an equivalent scroll. If you want mundane items, what sort of thing are you interested in doing and what do you already have? Spring-loaded wrists sheaths and rope are always good.

Huh. I must've missed those.

>Literally a waifu
I really want to play this character, not even waifu her, I just want to be in the party where this shit unfolds. Man though, Broodie's limited schedule.

Well she is female and she has a high sex drive- I guess that will go on the list

The build is a Level 4 Human Dual Talent Bloodrager (Arcane), and what I've got, right now, a +1 weapon, a Cloak of Resistance +1, a MW Agile Breastplate and an Amulet of NA +1. I'll post a pdf with my exact stuff in it in a second though.

Play with*, fuck.

>minmaxer in EoFC tries to push for Samsaran's MPL to apply with beguiler

Try this.
archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Barbarian chew

It says it's barbarian-only but it was written before bloodragers existed, and since bloodragers are a fusion of barbarians and sorcerers it's not unreasonable to ask and see if it still works. 25 gp a day for an additional round of bloodrage can be really handy when you end up needing it.

>Trying to design a low-level dungeon for a game that just started
>All of my ideas are either unfinished and sound boring, flat out bad, or some wacky gimmicky stuff
How do you get over that GM writer's block? I'm considering just pillaging a dungeon from some other source.

>Night Blossom
comes as a bit wierd and almost pointless. Can't imagine the reason why this is a thing

>Casting
Remove the Summon Natures's Ally bits, and maybe replace with a better plant alternative

>Bloom
Kinda neat ability, and a good alternative to LoH.

>Petal Slide
Seems a tad powerful to me, but I may be wrong

>Abjure Protection
A bit wierd, though I guess it works for a class to defend itself when in the from line healing.

>Ambrosia
Reskined Mercy. Nothing to say here.

>Scent of Love and Hate
No idea what "Number of Mutations" means. Your wording is unclearn and all over the place, especially this sentance
>Enemies who are Ensnared get a -2 on this save. On failure, the subject gains the following conditions for 2d4 rounds. If it is not resisted, the effects last for 2d4 minutes.

>Cleanse
Would work better if instead of a number of times per day it instead used 2-3 uses of Bloom.

>Petal Warp
I fail to see how the fluff actually works and connects with ability.

>Fey Manifestation
Not sur hwo this works. Do you get all the abilities? At once or seperate? Or do you pick one to gain? Needs more clarification.

>Fecundity
Please choose a different name, and reduce the range

>Guardian Link
Honestly, this is pretty OP. Please consider only allowing one of those bonuses to them at a time.

>Fey Transformation
Again, what the fuck are mutations and what abilities grant them?

Overall, the execution is pretty sloppy and all over the place. The abilities and fluff don't play well together at all, and the wording is very vague and poorly constuction. While most of the abilities themselves aren't too bad, its still a chore to read through them and interpret what the bloody hell you just wrote.

Really, this class needs a hard take back to the drawing board and given a heavy face-lift. Further the feel of the abilities also seems to heavily coincide with the with the Witch in flavor as well.

It looks like Broodie just accepted the waifu in their soul and went all out with it

>no more psycho Cat ninja
Shame, she'd have made a good antagonist.

>Glossing over Vines of Life and Death and the Mutations, which are the main meat of the class playstyle

The latter is more of the situation I was thinking of, yeah. That, or all the PCs are in a similar situation and it's to see which PC breaks free first.

It's basically the stereotypical situation of a villain having somebody mesmerized and trapped in their own mindscape, so it's the sort of scene that's cool in theory (especially if it's coupled with the trapped character being forced to confront inner demons) but not the kind of thing you'd typically do in Pathfinder.

Not even asking for a game, just wondering what people think, since I know /pfg/ (or should that be /ppg/ now?) is full of normal and well-adjusted players.

Energy Drink at it.

Post the wacky stuff and tell us what the party is.

Whoops, so I did. For some reason when I ctrl + f for "mutation" it didn't highlight that stuff. my bad

warosu.org/tg/thread/S53538474#p53539101

>High sex drive bloodrager woman
HYES

While you make several good points, the fact that you ignored the main ability of the class casts doubt on your trustworthyness

>Wanting to play a literal slut

>Death by magic snu-snu

If the PC isn't in danger, and the whole situation is meant from a narrative purpose to simply delay the PC (or the party, if they're all in similar situations), does that change things? Would you be less offended by a DM that simply narrates a cut scene and then has each player describe in sequence how their PC deals with the extended isolation/imprisonment until they manage to escape/get freed at a certain predetermined point of time?

God dammit, just because she's muscular doesn't mean she's going to be rough with them.

Very funny.

even BETTER

Okay, looking at VoLaD, its actually pretty good overall, though the "applyinf neg-en damage" seems a tad tacked on, though that's my opinion

Also, please list Mutations as a seperate ability

I just skimmed over that ability at first, since it seemed okay and not overty problematic at first. Plus you gotta admit that putting Mutations in there was kinda stupid. Also see on why I couldn't find them at first

>not wanting to play a literal slut

How did you read the page and not see the 3 pages of mutations at the end?

Knife Master Rogue, Dwarven Fighter, Human Bard, Diviner Wizard. All around level 4. Not super-optimized, but not horrible.

As for the dungeons, I was thinking of doing a ruined fortress in a prehistoric swamp that was dragged to the present by a magical accident. That, or the tomb of an insane, slime-obsessed wizard (With appropriate slime-based traps)

I've just hit serious writer's block and I know I can do better

I saw them, I just had no idea what ability granted them and it felt like it was left out and typoed out and made it hard to see them.

Nobody wants to marry the slut, user.

Is it true people are actually excited about Starfinder?

Also, here's art for meat-in-suit user, I hope you like this!

Aye buddy I got a character sheet for ya, mind judging it real quick? Made it on Pathbuilder and am pondering what archetypes I might want to take

Did Ironfang Invasion invites go out yet?

Really curious who is going to get in.

Tell me /pfg/, what would be good fluff/thematics more making a class that is the 6th level caster counterpart of the Witch? Using the Witch's spell list is mandatory.

Also got this one, which uses a cropped version of the art this guy has .

Not big on Pathbuilder's pdf exports, but they're quick and work pretty well

Yyyep.

Most of us are "tentatively" excited.

>6'8

She's a big girl!

Depends.
If you're making a 6-caster based off the Witch, you're trading that -caster spellcasting for something.
What's the something that you're trading the spellcasting for? Is this a sneaky witchlet? A martial witchlet? A healy witchlet? A witchlet with a pet?

Fast Movement should be giving you 40-foot base speed. Also, what do you want to do with this character? So far it seems like a solid start to a normal melee DPR build. What material is available for your campaign, if we're considering archetypes?

Also, protip.

With that muscle, that height and that thickness of ass and tits, she'd be way heftier than 220 lbs, also it's spelled Gorum not Gorun.

Do I need to say it?

Fast movement doesn't seem to be accounted for in Pathbuilder, so eh. I just want to smash faces better. Primalist is good but I Arcane Bloodrage has /really good/ Bloodline powers so that's out

I realize that. Got a better weight for her? I just picked 220 because it's a nice round... number.

post yfw it turns out in a twist of fate that Astaroth's reincarnated form is already dead from the wars of Baz's fall and the star-crossed lovers won't be reunited for another 12000 years

>Night Blossom
Built into Guardian Link and is initially just a small ability that says "healer"

>Casting
Done, I actually overlooked that initially since it was in the middle of the block of text

>Bloom
>Petal Slide
Essentially taken from the 4e warlord. It's good, but it's good in the team player kind of way, which I'm perfectly willing to give, happy even.

>Abjure Protection
If you have a better way of wording this, let me know. I wanted an unarmored healer who wouldn't just get massacred for daring to enter the front line.

>Ambrosia
>Scent of Love and Hate
Wording may be odd, but it's because I was trying to bake two abilities into one. Either an offensive debuff of an enemy, or a pre-emptive buff for your ally. Maybe I'll find better wording.

>Cleanse
I didn't want it fighting for the Ambrosia effects

>Petal Warp
Wist recommended the teleport wording, because of issues with "well could they actually move from there to there???"

>Fey Manifestation
Fixed

>Fecundity
Range is so that it has narrative power, enough to change the tide of a battle, not of a fight. It's just fast healing 1, the heroes shouldn't notice it much.

>Guardian Link
I don't think this is very strong? Especially for a co-op ability. Will have to either see it in action or at least get more opinions.

No comment on Resuscitate?

Wait now that I realize it, the 30-ft movement speed is from the Agile breastplate reducing movement speed. My whoops

Actually, 220 is neatly within the ideal body weight of a woman that size, give or take a dozen lbs. You did it!

>Astaroth's reincarnation is Zacharael
>He rejects Aurelia because the love is against heaven's decree
>Astaroth's reincarnation is Matheo
>He's already in love with someone else!
What other good ones can we get out of this.

Y-YAMETE

I'm personally pretty stoked about the setting personally because not only do I want to kind of start getting into playing through it but I also tentatively want to try and run a game myself and get my feet wet as a GM

Yeah, that would explain it, although the armor isn't mentioned in the first .pdf. Also primalist isn't mandatory, taking it gives you the option of replacing bloodline powers with 2 rage powers instead, so there's literally no reason not to be one. Average football players weight 220-235 pounds so, your weight is spot-on, honestly.

Most of the archetypes for bloodrager won't flat-out make you better at wrecking shit, usually they give you new ways to wreck shit like summoning allies, doing it in heavy armor, or whatever at a tradeoff. If smashing shit is the only thing you want and you want to keep all your bloodline powers, vanilla bloodrager is the best option.

So, like, is there a reason you're going Bloodrager instead of Barbarian? Is she a cherished Shoanti princess?

I dunno yet. I'm looking for something to have as fluff first before moving on to mechnics

The guy she thinks is his reincarnation is actually his dog

I want to be a mercenary squad trying to deactivate a Megacorporation's haywire droid army!

If you don't have fluff and you don't have mechanics past "6-caster witch", there's not really anything for us to go on unless we break the ground ourselves.
I'd love to help, but not when all that's present is the first few words.

She's actually his reincarnation and doesn't know it.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING HORSESHIT KAWAMORI

ABSOLUTE

HORSESHIT

Speaking of Megacorporations and Star Empires, tell me a little bit about your homebrew for Starfinder! Whether it's a AAA-Listed Corporation or some interstellar government, I want to hear about it!

I like Broodie's new character but I wish he'd stuck to his guns, I was excited to see how far he could go with Ryoko.

I've got a rough outline worked out for her backstory. Shoanti, member of the Shoanti Sklar-Quah (post Crimson Throne, after a peaceful resolution by the party from Throne). Her coming-of-age was her solo raiding a bunch of orks and showing off her absolutely violent temper that earned her the name Raised-by-Orcs, from an elder who /really/ didn't like her or her branch of the family for political reasons. After the party from Crimson Throne did the peaceful resolution thing, she learned that not all outsiders are bad, and decided to see if there was anything MORE than... living in the Quah. That's the story as it is now. She's a fightgirl

Barbarian is fun but I like Bloodrager more. It's easy to fluff it as her just having a bit of talent for magic I guess.

Thanks buildposter. I guess vanilla bloodrager it is!

Resuscitate is fine. Its just essentially like that one feat that lets you use LoH for Breath of Life.

Also fair enoug on Bloom and petal slide, I had no problem with the mechanics really, just the fluff bits. Abjure Protection is fine to, tough putting in the word "encounter" after "combat" in the last sentance would improve it greatly.

Your stance on Cleanse is fair enough.

As for Petal Warp, perhaps rename it to "Petal Stream"?

But yeah, all in all you make fair points and I concede to them

Have they quested with you before? What have you thrown them at before this?

After one hundred million and two thousand years, are you still mad?

There wasn't really anywhere he could go with her, is the problem.

Honestly I swapped her out because once this dumb concept came to mind I instantly knew it felt 100% more fitting for the game than I could ever make Ryoko fit.

Ryoko was also conceptually pushed to the limit where I felt stretching her anymore wouldn't be the character I wanted anymore. She's put into my bank of concepts for the future.

Lamashtu runs Rain Poncho Inc.

She actually does do some good by peddling low-level medications around the galaxy and funding outside groups.

Some of those groups are involved in unethical, illegal drug development.

They all are.

They've been using a big, populated space station as their lab.

The space station the PCs are headed to.

Hmm, well I guess one of the major mechanical stances I'd like to go with this is to focus on being a debuffer oriented class much like the Witch is, especially since we already have numerous Buffer 6th level classes. I guess I also kinda wanna place an emphasis on the "Inhuman/misunderstood powers" angle as well.

I WILL BE ANGRY ABOUT IT FOR ETERNITY

HE JUST
COULDN'T
HELP IT

HE HAD TO MAKE THE GREAT AND BEAUTIFUL ROMANCE OF APOLLONIUS AND CELIANE A FUCKING LOVE TRIANGLE WITH THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING DOG AND HAVE ONE OF THEM GET UTTERLY KEKED

BECAUSE HE JUST CAN'T KEEP HIS FUCKING FUCKING BONER FOR LOVE TRIANGLES OUT OF ANYTHING

GOD
FUCKING
DAAAAAMNIIIT

Man, that show was kind of a mess halfway through when they stopped with the vaguely sexual over the top robot shenanigans.

At least we got Macross Getter out of it?

i mean the dog reveal wasn't until aquarion Evol, which is a much better overall show.

Were you thinking of keeping the hexes or something functionally similar, or branching off?

There any polls for who is gonna get into Golden Chalice?

>Capstone grants Wish
Yeah, nah.

Wizzymen get it at 17th, what's so broken about getting it at 20th?

And it's a problem that they get it too.

Let's discuss characters, but not specific characters.

What do you think is the hallmark of a good character? What brings one up from functional to great for you, aside from the pilot behind them just being generally competent?

I was thinking of keeping at least something similiar, but also possibly have fewer yet more versatile usage of them. Something like how a Warpriest's Dlessings are similiar to Domains, or how Hunters get a half-way alternaive to wildshape.

Though granted, the more I talk about this the more it sounds like that one class that Gareth made.

Living Grimoire! The best Inquisitor Archetype!