What's your favorite class/archetype?

What's your favorite class/archetype?

I always find myself playing healers. Low fantasy I'll play a surgeon/doctor, high fantasy I'll play a divine caster, scifi I'll play a namomachine doctor or whatever the sourcebook has as an equivalent.

It just feels nice to repair damage, fight disease, and heal injuries of body and mind.

I even played a psychiatrist one campaign, that was dope. It was medieval so it wasn't scientific but he still understood enough that talking things out helped people, and he gained a reputation for being magic since he healed ailments of people, but really he was just a confidant/confessor/advisor.

Anyway, tell us about your favorite archetype and why.

Pie is almost always better than cake. It's just a fact.

>being this incorrect
Read a book!

pie can be made into a meal and a desert just by altering the filling between meat/pizza and fruits.

Has never had glorious sandwich cake

>that pic

I bet the Americans did this.

>It was the brazilians

Surprisingly it's usually really light, that one's just loaded with chicken and stuff

to be fair, cake just means that it's baked flour without yeast

I try to vary what archetypes I fulfil from game to game, but I do find myself gravitating to support characters. Whether the bold and courageous leader, inspiring from the front lines, or the thoughtful tactician quietly ensuring all her allies are fighting efficiently, or the dedicated healer, keeping his friends alive. There's lots of different ways to support, but it's an aspect that always appeals to me.

Dick ass magic thief, either the thief with magic or guy who steals others magic type works.

cobbler best desert

I live in the land of the luther burger and even i haven't seen an abomination like that

also i like to play tanky utility characters
(techpriests)

delete this

Spellswords,best of both worlds
Or a system that has highly martial warlocks

>>It was the brazilians

Over 10 Brazilian men died bringing this confectionery revolution to your taste buds! Never forget!

>Pie is almost always better than cake. It's just a fact.
How does it feel to live your life wrong?

but the kids love it though

Live fast, die fast, leave a fast corpse.
In my Shadowrun campaign I'm an adept street samurai with an emphasis on agility who is basically a mix between the Flash and Kamen Rider. In my Pathfinder campaign I'm a brawler emphasizing on mobility.

I've also recently had a tendency towards older characters, so my SR character is a retired beat cop while my PF character is a tavern owner mostly motivated by money and fine furniture.

I tend to gravitate towards heavily good-aligned divine warrior characters. Even better if they punch evil in the face instead of stabbing it.

>Fish out of water
>Brawlers and boxers
>Magicians who cast with innate magic

If I can combine all three, all the merrier.

>the children are dead at this point

I need to not wake people up right now, user.

Prepared for everything kind of characters. It's why I tend to stick around with rangers in d&d

>Archery? I can do it
>Melee? Got some swords
>Magic? Yeah I know a few spells
>Wilderness survival? Hey don't eat that it's poison just listen to me
>Going into a dungeon? I knew I'd been hauling this 10 foot pole around for a reason
>Stealth? Yeah I'm great at it
>Need some food? Give me an hour and I'll get enough for 3 days

If I don't have some item stashed away or a skill in something to fit some niche problem I feel naked