Random question relating to game systems and 'worlds'. Recently my girlfriend has shown interest in playing tabletop...

Random question relating to game systems and 'worlds'. Recently my girlfriend has shown interest in playing tabletop. She is not dramatic and I do not think she will do like most couples and start shit in game when she does not get her way. I have faith she will understand what happens at the table stays at the table. My issue is she is not really into fantasy but dark futures and post apocalyptic. I showed her some various games and she seems interested in Shadowrun and Cyberpunk.

So I was wondering what is more noob friendly. For a gamemaster as well as a new player. I have ran DnD and Savage Worlds for years but also want to try a new system. I understand story is more important than crunch, yet I do not want to get thrown into something that is going to take months to understand or a world that is flat with no fluff.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i1HPfBxR1Xs
4archive.org/board/tg/thread/48036291
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shadowrun is OK I guess. It's not too bad. The layout of the books isn't super great, though.

Apocalypse World and Tokyo Nova.

Look up Brutal Game's Corporations. It's a fairly simplistic games system and has a post-cyberpunk dystopian setting. You play highly enhanced agents of the various mega-corps vying for control of the world, struggling against the UIG (united international government, a global authority formed out of the remnant of the world governments not absorbed by the mega-corps to bring the corps to heel and end their corporate war. It's not perfect melee is a bit overpowered, but it's much more streamlined than something than Shadowrun and offers the players plenty of toys.

Also there are alien AIs, psychics and a machine Cult.

GURPS Lite

Perfectly sterile answer but Fate Core/Fate Accelerated are pretty neat systems to ease her into tabletops and supports every setting, with plenty of room for customization (the system is a blank slate or canvas to hang your own framework really).

First-time GMs could do with running something based on a game/movie they're familiar with, less stressful than coming up with an entire new setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=i1HPfBxR1Xs

>what is more noob friendly.
Out of the two you listed? Cyberpunk by miles.

Savage World's Interface Zero seems to get some praise.

Cyberpunk 2020 is far simpler and easier to understand than the complex rules-crunch of Shadowrun.

Shadowrun is garbage that's just coasting on the cool cred that FASA generated two decades ago.

>Recommending Tokyo Nova
How long have I been gone for? We have TN in English now? Where? What sorcery is this?

The end of the world is for me the perfect match for "first time player + post apocalyptic setting"
Other than that it really depends. If you want something with its own setting or if you want to bring your own to it.
I'd the second use fate accelerated or gurps lite, they work well for what you want.

Source on the image? All Google gives is dubstep.

Check the archives, there's still an active mega link on there.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I think I am going to go with GURPS lite and just use fluff from other material at this time since it is her first step into tabletop. It looks fairly easy and gives us a chance to actually create unique characters with the options provided.

pinterest - I was just grabbing inspiration from the site and DA and came across it. Could not find the artist. Sorry.

4archive.org/board/tg/thread/48036291

eh?

Tokyo Nova.

I'm into GURPS so that's what I would use, but if you're going to run shadowrun the setting then why not just use shadowrun the system? It's not so bad that it's worth porting the whole thing to GURPS just for one player.